• Zovaal

45 13.85%
  • Arthas

18 5.54%
  • Ysera

5 1.54%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First of all, I don't believe they're gonna kill off Sylvanas, sadly.
    Second of all, I don't think Tyrande should be the one to kill her off, yes her tree got burnt down but does that automatically mean she get to land the killing blow? Nah.
    Personally I want it either to be Zovaal, or the spirits of the past, e.g. Saurfang, Arthas, Varian, Random Nelf spirit e.t.c. all ganging up on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Don't think she will die, Blizzard are backpeddling hard to make it seem like shes regretting what shes doing.
    For sure. She's now a conflicted soul because her "little lion" got involved. They're setting her up to hack in and sloppily glue more nuance to her than she's had for most of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    how is Sylvanas worse when

Arthas destroyed his own kingdom, genocide the High elves, and helped unleash the burning legion?
    Sylvanas destroyed two kingdoms (and a half I guess, if one wanna counts blighting Undercity), almost genocided the Night Elves, helped unleash N'zoth, and not only sided with but directly aided the guy who is currently tormenting the dead of an entire reality. Arthas was worse than her for a long time, but by Shadowlands I'd say they're equal at least.

Not that it changes anything, as Grommash showcased quite well your past crimes don't matter if the writers want to muh redemption you because the story has the memory of a goldfish most of the time. She felt sad for Anduin, so the groundwork is already well laid by their standards.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Plot twist: Sylv is being manipulated not by the Jailer, but by the void lords. She was told to assist the Jailer to get our major attention while the void lords plan their invasion of Azeroth via the shadowlands (We know void lords can get there, and we can get to Azeroth so just follow the path back). Xpac ends with the Jailer killing Sylv and her resurrecting as some kind of old god death fuelled hybrid bitch queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Sylvanas destroyed two kingdoms (and a half I guess, if one wanna counts blighting Undercity), almost genocided the Night Elves, helped unleash N'zoth, and not only sided with but directly aided the guy who is currently tormenting the dead of an entire reality. Arthas was worse than her for a long time, but by Shadowlands I'd say they're equal at least.

Not that it changes anything, as Grommash showcased quite well your past crimes don't matter if the writers want to muh redemption you because the story has the memory of a goldfish most of the time. She felt sad for Anduin, so the groundwork is already well laid by their standards.
    since when is Undercity a kingdom?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Tyrande deserve to kill her more then anyone
    Still i don't think blizzard will ever let us/a npc kill the simp queen

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they've invested way too much into Sylvanas, both character development and game marketing, for her to be killed off in a mid-expansion tier raid.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    So were willing to ignore Arthas' crimes just because he didn't cross some arbitary line you decided determined if someone's worthy of redemption? And not like that argument is even valid because he did in fact willingly became the Jailer's ally when he grabbed the Frostmourne and donned the Helm. He freely chose to serve Death. Just because we didn't use Jailer's name then doesn't change the fact. He was absolutely his minion. So yeah.

It's not complicated. You either redeem both Sylvanas and Arthas, or you don't redeem either. Can't have one without the other.
    Nope, Arthas did not know about the jailer or even the lich king before taking frostmourne
    Arthas was controlled by the lich king (Lich king Death knight don't have free will)
    Meanwhile no one control Sylvanas actions
    Is not complicated

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Did the voice actress of Sylvanas confirmed that Sylvanas wont die ?

https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...02073212710912

and

https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...58949381545988
    That is VERY weird in how she says it. You can take it two ways: She'll "always be there" in the dungeon and the raid essentially immortalized or that she isn't going to die and that it is just similar to a false version of her. It could be the idea people were floating around that there are two versions of Uther and Sylvanas as we saw Uther in Icecrown. Did it happen naturally to everyone or did Uther's prayer allow him to split? I mean I don't really think it's a blessing to condemn one half of his soul and to send the other to Bastion so one would assume it was just what happens to everyone. If that is true then perhaps it was really the first version of Sylvanas that the Jailer got his claws into and made a swap at some point(possibly the suicide considering the suicide is practically a retcon at this point as nothing in it makes sense to what she saw). It could be that she got sent to Ardenweald being that she was a hunter and druids and hunters can go there and unlike Bastion they threw her into the maw seeing the mark whereas Bastion though their methods would purge the mark from Uther.

Just shooting some ideas, no way implying they're what actually happen, but 1 of those options could be possible whereas I doubt the whole thing I wrote would work together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DargorDraconis View Post
    Nope, Arthas did not know about the jailer or even the lich king before taking frostmourne
    Arthas was controlled by the lich king (Lich king Death knight don't have free will)
    Meanwhile no one control Sylvanas actions
    Is not complicated
    She's literally saying NONE of us have control and that's why she's siding with him. That is the entire point of what she did. Have you not watched a single cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I feel like they've invested way too much into Sylvanas, both character development and game marketing, for her to be killed off in a mid-expansion tier raid.
    Exactly. Meanwhile people complain about Azshara and Nzoth when both made sense. Then again let's be honest BFA was just a huge prepatch for Shadowlands. The same can't really be said of others. The plot for BFA was literally Sylvanas doing things specifically to feed the Jailer. Legion's plot was stopping the Legion, whereas anything BFA related was fairly background level. WoD's plot was stopping the Iron Horde and Guldan was simply a background threat etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Remember when Garrosh died at the end of MoP?
    Would be nice if we could bring her to justice, but honestly I'm expecting a Grommash ending, not a Garrosh ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Remember when Garrosh died at the end of MoP?
    or the time Jaina died in that city raid?

People want to kill Sylvanas they're better off hitting up classic and raiding UC or the End Times dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That is VERY weird in how she says it. You can take it two ways: She'll "always be there" in the dungeon and the raid essentially immortalized or that she isn't going to die and that it is just similar to a false version of her. It could be the idea people were floating around that there are two versions of Uther and Sylvanas as we saw Uther in Icecrown. Did it happen naturally to everyone or did Uther's prayer allow him to split? I mean I don't really think it's a blessing to condemn one half of his soul and to send the other to Bastion so one would assume it was just what happens to everyone. If that is true then perhaps it was really the first version of Sylvanas that the Jailer got his claws into and made a swap at some point(possibly the suicide considering the suicide is practically a retcon at this point as nothing in it makes sense to what she saw). It could be that she got sent to Ardenweald being that she was a hunter and druids and hunters can go there and unlike Bastion they threw her into the maw seeing the mark whereas Bastion though their methods would purge the mark from Uther.

Just shooting some ideas, no way implying they're what actually happen, but 1 of those options could be possible whereas I doubt the whole thing I wrote would work together.

- - - Updated - - -

She's literally saying NONE of us have control and that's why she's siding with him. That is the entire point of what she did. Have you not watched a single cinematic?
    Ofc a villain trying to corrupt a hero is a reiable source of information right?
    she have nerver lied before right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Would be nice if we could bring her to justice, but honestly I'm expecting a Grommash ending, not a Garrosh ending...
    yeah. bonus points if it's Sylvanas raising an overly marketable merchandise option shouting something like "life is free!" or something to that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc a villain trying to corrupt a hero is a reiable source of information right?
    actually, Sylvanas had a pretty damn good track record of being painfully honest when Anduin was present. Besides... he is a walking lie detector who can feel malice and ill intent (canon powers post divine bell storyline). I think they would milk that a bit more given Golden's usage of it in her works.

Sure, and yet we still have people quoting every single old god statement as fact when they LITERALLY by canon tell you a thousand lies for every truth but tell you lies specifically that sound very true but are definitely lies.

Her case is different as she looks like she's actually telling the truth and torn. When has she actively lied in a cinematic anyway? She doesn't seem to be the type that actually lies short of the misdirection at Darkshore. She'd rather slap you in the face with the truth.

Also you're claiming she's lying about that then I can easily say "Well how do you not know she's lying about working for the jailer and wanting his plans?" Sorry neither works. She wasn't lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    yeah. bonus points if it's Sylvanas raising an overly marketable merchandise option shouting something like "life is free!" or something to that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

actually, Sylvanas had a pretty damn good track record of being painfully honest when Anduin was present. Besides... he is a walking lie detector who can feel malice and ill intent (canon powers post divine bell storyline). I think they would milk that a bit more given Golden's usage of it in her works.
    I mean she loves telling the truth more than lying especially when it hurts anyone not just him. However, she actually seemed sad and sincere there.

- - - Updated - - -

If she was honest and he trusted her why they had to force him into service?
    Looking at the last cinematic he is obviously mind controlled

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Will that include a big grin on her face like when she yelled "For the Horde" in the first BFA cinematic, so we know she *means it*?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    My interpretation of her tweets is "Hey, you've already fought Sylvanas in a raid and she was fine, remember? Soo...", and that cheeky emoticon seems to enforce that. Could be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    My interpretation of her tweets is "Hey, you've already fought Sylvanas in a raid and she was fine, remember? Soo...", and that cheeky emoticon seems to enforce that. Could be just me.
    Except we didn't. We fought a future version of her that is no longer our timeline. I mean it's weird to relate it to an alternate version and simply have the current version escape.