Is Prot Warrior as much fun in pvp (bg and rbg) as i think?

I played warrior a long time ago and protection actually never. But since shadowlands i have enjoyed bg and rbg alot. Now im thinking of playing a prot warrior for bg and rbg mostly because of 2 skills. Dragon Charge and Heroic Leap with the legendary Leaper eff.

Seen videos of Dragon Charge in eye of the storm and i feel like i would die laughing when i actually succeed to knock people of there.

Also saw a video of leaper mixed with the fury talent for 6 leaps, but fury isnt a good spot for me for pvp. but still having 3 leaps sounds amazing. And combining that with prot warrior also means i could easily carry and hold a flag in warsong gulch.

Now maybe im just hyped and this doesnt work like i would want to, but i feel like this could have some serious fun potential, but i would love to hear other people about other their experiences with dragon charge and leaper

Also how difficult is protection warrior to play? (keeping in mind i will only use it for bg, rbg, world content and tor ghast. Maybe some lfr just for anima or legendary eff, but thats not my intention for this warrior
    Baine is not my Warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraku View Post
    I played warrior a long time ago and protection actually never. But since shadowlands i have enjoyed bg and rbg alot. Now im thinking of playing a prot warrior for bg and rbg mostly because of 2 skills. Dragon Charge and Heroic Leap with the legendary Leaper eff.

Seen videos of Dragon Charge in eye of the storm and i feel like i would die laughing when i actually succeed to knock people of there.

Also saw a video of leaper mixed with the fury talent for 6 leaps, but fury isnt a good spot for me for pvp. but still having 3 leaps sounds amazing. And combining that with prot warrior also means i could easily carry and hold a flag in warsong gulch.

Now maybe im just hyped and this doesnt work like i would want to, but i feel like this could have some serious fun potential, but i would love to hear other people about other their experiences with dragon charge and leaper

Also how difficult is protection warrior to play? (keeping in mind i will only use it for bg, rbg, world content and tor ghast. Maybe some lfr just for anima or legendary eff, but thats not my intention for this warrior
    Prot is pretty easy to play, if you're a seasoned player you will most likely catch on pretty fast, as far as your plan for rbg's it's a solid plan, prot warriors are great flag carriers (not the best mind you) and they have a lot of cooldowns that makes them hard to take down.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Prot is pretty easy to play, if you're a seasoned player you will most likely catch on pretty fast, as far as your plan for rbg's it's a solid plan, prot warriors are great flag carriers (not the best mind you) and they have a lot of cooldowns that makes them hard to take down.
    Yeah doesnt need to be the best, just want it to be really fun and hopefully little competitive :P
    Baine is not my Warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah doesnt need to be the best, just want it to be really fun and hopefully little competitive :P
    Then you should go for it

What would be the best covenant for this style of gameplay? Been thinking Kyrian or Night Fae
    Baine is not my Warchief

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fun until a druid pops out of stealth and Convokes your flag carrying ass into oblivion.

I play shadow priest/balance druid in 2s and it's funny how fast we melt warriors.
    Neither the warrior nor their healer are able to react fast enough. If they interrupt Convoke, I Ascendent Blast/Void Bolt them into oblivion.
    But then I remember my main pvp char is arms warrior and I become sad again.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-02-23 at 09:14 PM.

No tanks are fun in pvp considering you can't kill shit with your near 0 dps.

Prot warrior in RBGs is really niche utility. You can use the knockback charge to throw people off mid in EotS. If you use the jumping legendary you can flag carry easily on Warsong, but if you have to -defend- the flag you're screwed because Prot warriors can't self-sustain, have no real magic resistance and do what feels like negative DPS. I've seen well-geared fury and arms warriors obliterate people in teamfight, but I've only seen one prot warrior in an RBG; and that's where I saw the EotS trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Veng is pretty damn good at doing damage, but they're pretty op right now.

I see alot of negative reactions regarding the prot warrior, should i be better off going arms?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Is it really that bad?
    Baine is not my Warchief

I see alot of negative reactions regarding the prot warrior, should i be better off going arms?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really that bad?
    Well the plus of being a tank in pvp is that you "never" die. The downside is that the dps is shit.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really that bad?
    Tanks are mostly flag carriers and cc bots in PvP, if you want to do damage go Arms

Flag carrier was the plan, but if im shit outside those battlegrounds that kinda sucks
    Baine is not my Warchief