Thread: TC End Boss?

TC End Boss?

OK, I've tried Twisting Corridors layer 8, floor 18 boss twice (solo MM hunter) and both times I got Patrician Cromwell, who is basically an unkillable rapid caster. First time he had 9.4M hp, then I read that the pet may be considered a second toon for scaling, so I zoned in both at the beginning and to floor 18 without the pet. This time he had 10.2M hp, so obviously the pet makes no difference, his hp seems to scale based on your hp (I had about 215K hp at this point). My question is, is Cromwell always the end boss? Has anyone fought any other boss on layer 8 floor 18? And if you beat Cromwell, any tips? I've tried the bombs, line or sight, running far away back and forth. Nothing has worked.

The bosses are random, including the L8-18 end boss.
    TC is all about luck: have nice wings (e.g. avoid coldheart as 1st or 2nd wing), nice buffs and nice bosses. If you solo TC, it might be more important what bosses you get than playing in a group. Some bosses are show-stoppers - if you see them in the hologram, just leave and start again. If you get the right wings, buffs and bosses, one can solo TC L8 (and although equip does make things a bit easier in TC, it is not that important).

I did it with a rogue and had 4-5x "misdirect gives your target 50% damage". Rogue also had like 350k hp. It was still hard. It's a lot about luck I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was lucky and had Kosarus the Fallen as the end boss on layer 8 with multiple of the tar trap radius and slow powers. So I could keep him stuck in the middle of the room just pumping damage into him. I managed to do this as a solo 200 ilvl MM hunter. TC is all about luck with your wings, bosses and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopPoet View Post
    I was lucky and had Kosarus the Fallen as the end boss on layer 8 with multiple of the tar trap radius and slow powers. So I could keep him stuck in the middle of the room just pumping damage into him. I managed to do this as a solo 200 ilvl MM hunter. TC is all about luck with your wings, bosses and powers.
    Gratz and thanks for the confirmation. I'm considering trying again, but 3+ hrs of effort all coming down to the end boss RNG is discouraging. Last run I got Cromwell on floors 6 and 18. I didn't think you could get the same boss twice in one run (wrong) so when I killed him on 6 I thought I was home free. You kill a boss and then they pop up again later, what sense does that make. FML.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    Gratz and thanks for the confirmation. I'm considering trying again, but 3+ hrs of effort all coming down to the end boss RNG is discouraging. Last run I got Cromwell on floors 6 and 18. I didn't think you could get the same boss twice in one run (wrong) so when I killed him on 6 I thought I was home free. You kill a boss and then they pop up again later, what sense does that make. FML.
    Yeah, spending 2 - 3 hours on there to find out your run is a dud is no fun. I tried it 3 times on my paladin and couldn't get the last boss down. Then on my first run on the under-geared hunter, I hit the RNG jackpot. I did almost give up on floor 16 after I pretty much had to just pop CDs on every single trash pack. But now I'm happy I stuck it out. Good luck, hope you get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    Against casting heavy mobs and boss, you should be having that anima power which makes you untargetable outside of 15 yards, and then kite. Unless you were really SUPER unlucky, you should have gotten it in each run...i can't remember ever not getting that. Also, use ccs as interrupt. Freeze the target and w8 for MD to come of cd (you should always use MD dmg reduction anima powers).

Combine that with Tar trap slow increase, sometimes it felt like playing with Cheat mode.

Rushing in TC is a wipe guarantee.

ID PROBABLY touch arlenes arsehole with my tongue