Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    So, with the information from Blizzcon... it's looking like it's going to be quite a wait for 9.1. Fair enough, current events and all. So, my question to you all is, what will you be playing in the interim? I'm planning on finally finishing out the rest of the story content for GW2 and ESO (about a year behind on those), Baldur's Gate 3 when it actually releases, and any games I'm lucky enough to pick up on sale.
    I have around 100 games in Steam. I've already returned back to normal gaming, i.e. playing Terraria for long term grind and ETS/ATS for relaxing. I also started playing Hollow Knight during New Year holidays. And I still haven't completed true ending there. Because it's more hardcore, than original Battletoads. Circular saw hell. I've also finally bought Spyro remaster, when it was on sale. There are some other games, I've started playing, but haven't finished them yet. So, I have so many games bought, that I'll be able to play them for years.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I logged in on saturday after being offline for about 3-4 weeks. Thought I give it another shot before sub runs out. Stayed in the game for about an hour and logged off. Didnt get anything from it.

Right now im playing CoD Warzone alot, since several of my friends play it. Quite fun game when with friends.

Going to finish up AC Vikings at some point too. Besides that, I play SC2 on the regular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing some FFXIV, gonna play Persona 5 Strikers when that arrives on Thursday, and then I'm gonna be going hard on Monster Hunter Rise. Also might play some WoW Classic to prep for TBC.

I'm not particularly waiting for 9.1 since I, by the look of things, won't be able to raid during that tier neither.

I just moved away from Megaquarium: Freshwater Frenzy. Had 40 hours /played before I purchased the expansion, now I'm at 129 and I'd love to continue but I need the campaign to work through in order to enjoy it.

Today I purchased Dawn of Man, will see how many hours I'll log there. After that I'm going Banished or Anno 1800. Was gonna play Planet Zoo but the performance issues of that game puts me off.

In short, there's no shortage of shit to do. WoW won't become interesting again until I can a) Raid and b) Fly, whenever that'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm not particularly waiting for 9.1 since I, by the look of things, won't be able to raid during that tier neither.

I just moved away from Megaquarium: Freshwater Frenzy. Had 40 hours /played before I purchased the expansion, now I'm at 129 and I'd love to continue but I need the campaign to work through in order to enjoy it.

Today I purchased Dawn of Man, will see how many hours I'll log there. After that I'm going Banished or Anno 1800. Was gonna play Planet Zoo but the performance issues of that game puts me off.

In short, there's no shortage of shit to do. WoW won't become interesting again until I can a) Raid and b) Fly, whenever that'll be.
    9.1 is the flight patch

Total War Warhammer 2.

Doom Eternal for the, like, fourth time at this point?

Maybe a shot of Warframe as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I will be playing Valheim. I'm really enjoying it and I've been highly recommending it to my friends.

Wow and when not wow, than wow classic

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...I just wondered: Since it is tied to the Covenant campaign...does one character unlock it for all my characters or will Blizzard pull the cruellest trick of all and have a character based unlock?
    as far as they said, its accountwide. but. you WILL need to complete a new covenant chain and they said it will not all be available at once and this is an assumption on my part, but the max renown level will go up and those higher levels will be required for all but the first chapter of campaign continuation (which is likely to require renown 40) now... i could be wrong about renown requirements. I'm assuming the worst here. but that chapters are going to be released gradually rather then all at once IS confirmed. we just down know the exact release schedule of those chapters yet. my assumption is one per week. but for all I know, it could be tied to server wide progress of attacking the maw, ala quest unlocks for isle of Quel'Danas in BC or AnQuiraj in vanilla.

other then "there will be new quest chain for the covenant campaign that will unlock flight and it will not be released all at once" we have no definitive info, only speculation.

Oh yeah...I totally expect renown to go up to 60, 2 renown per week through the next chapters of the campaign and thus another 3..ish months to unlock flying

.....with the accompanying complaints here how it is unexpected and unacceptable....though it totally is zero surprise IMHO.
    unexpected - not really, but unacceptable? I would say yes. but that's just me. /shrug. whether it will be matter of weeks or months, for me, I won't be coming back until the entirety of campaign is available (or some sort of event might be happening that has rewards I would want to collect ala love rocket). same as i did with every pathfinder expansion since WoD. because every expansion since WoD they have been making terrain progressively more and more annoying to navigate on foot. not impossible. annoying. so in order for me to enjoy the world, especially on alts that are not druids - flight is a requirement. I've come to terms that i have to "earn it" a while ago. but I've also come to terms with choosing to earn it in a least possible amount of time. and that means doing something else, until pathfinder is available in its entirety. that means blizzard doesn't get my subscription till then. they are ok with it. so am I. plenty of other games for me to play in a meantime.

I'm a wow player, not a seasonal raidlogger. Completing current PvE goals does not equal being done with the game for me. So more WoW it is.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Do what ive been doing
    Finish Yakuza like a Dragon, play some ranked games of Power Rangers till Strive comes out then play that...a lot
    Work on my backlog, poke around in Hades, some SMZ3 till the maybe 1 month of 9.1 then do it all again

Hearthstone
    WoW
    Valheim
    LoL
    Hades

Probably.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I will be playing WoW. My covenant needs to be at 40 to unlock flying, I need tons of anima stored for all the new stuff coming that will require it, and I would like to stock up on Stygia as well for when Korthia launches and Ven'ari has new and exciting stuff to help bolster my character in that zone. Taking my foot off the gas now and expecting to remain current with 9.1 is a silly option, and I kinda feel sorry for anyone unsubbing until it drops. There is something they are not telling us, and I plan to be fully prepared for it.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been playing retail WoW for years anyway.

Most of my time in WoW is spent dicking around on Classic, so carry on as usual without caring about what 9.0 or 9.1 is doing?

Yeah, that is something I don't really get. Especially Revendreth is a pain. And why? It is not like we pay by the minute to keep us artiicially longer in the game. Also so many WQs are smack inbetween two flight points, so again more travel.

As I see it, what it does mostly is drive people away like you. That said, I bought a lot of comfortable bardings at a really low price, so many of my alts don't get dazed. But indeed, especially levelling after the first time is just a pain and not fun at all. Several alts are just parked near the theatre of pain, because you get a bunch of close WQs during threads of fate levelling every other day. Makes me remember and experience levelling as the worst in a long time.
    its not even getting dazed. I'm sheathed most of the time anyways. its the waiting for elevators, and waiting for the taxi to finish flight and going about pointlessly winding path to get to the other side of the hill and having your world quest to be exactly in a middle of 2 flight points with no direct road to either one but more winding passes... and no flight whistle to at least take the edge of... and dear mother of god, traveling between covenant zones (which unfortunately is not going to be alleviated by flight, and the only way to alleviate it slightly at least for night fae, though I assume other covenants have something similar is extremely grindy process of collecting enough anima by the tiny droplets (the biggest single chunk of anima as far as I can tell you can get is 250 from the weekly world boss kill - and you need a total of 16000 anima if im counting correctly to get a portal to Oribos inside your covenant.) PER. CHARACTER.

its disrespectful of player time. this expansion in particular is bad about it. getting or not getting dazed is honestly the least of my problems.