Poll: Warcraft Mobile Game Prediction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't remember where but i have seen the pet battling app advertised somewhere before (previous blizzcon or some interview). This shouldnt be news if it's that.
    But SL has come out and still nothing, so i'm worried they decided to make it something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo15 View Post
    Mobile pet battle could be very likely. Mobile AH will not make a return, they said that in the WoW Q&A (atleast not in the form you want, you would only be able to purchase or monitor), Mobile tillers farm could happen, but very small playerbase actually want that. Mobile garrison will also not happen. Mission table already exist, guild chat in app also exist.

It is possible that they could be working on multiple smaller minigames within 1 new app. ^^
    All they need to do is rejig it such that you can grow anything currently available in the game. No reason it should be limited to Pandaria resources. Same goes for the Garrisons, give them useful purpose outside of WoD mats.

I also dream of a passive old-raid farming game. You send a group of your followers/champions out to raid a legacy raid, and they stay there until you withdraw them. Every day you get a chance at relevant transmog items and mounts for that particular raid. So instead of farming ICC every week you can just park some champions there to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    All they need to do is rejig it such that you can grow anything currently available in the game. No reason it should be limited to Pandaria resources. Same goes for the Garrisons, give them useful purpose outside of WoD mats.

I also dream of a passive old-raid farming game. You send a group of your followers/champions out to raid a legacy raid, and they stay there until you withdraw them. Every day you get a chance at relevant transmog items and mounts for that particular raid. So instead of farming ICC every week you can just park some champions there to do it for you.
    That would be pretty cool. As long as you can't get any mounts.

Maybe you start of with a roster of 10 people, "do" a 10 man raid. Later on it tells you how much loot you got, assign the loot to your players and then go raid again. You can recruit more people over time (or buy them with cash) and slowly over time you've got a mythic roster running the latest raid on mythic. This could be a new take on world first raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The auto chess games seem quite popular at the moment, which means Blizzard are probably 3-5 years away from trying to join that "trend" - gotta wait for other major titles to gain a monopoly over the genre, and then desperately try to cash in on it YEARS too late.
    Ahh yes, 3-5 years away from releasing Hearthstone Battlegrounds, which is literally an auto-battler game right down to the pick 3 "golden" mechanic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tower Defense.
    Kupo.

There's currently no major Pokemon style mobile game for phones. WoW pet battles already has a massive foundation in place... a ton of 3D assets already made. Seems like the best option in terms of potential and cost effectiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    A solitaire card game that has a small amount of Warcraft related skins for the card deck and then a cash shop where i can buy even more skins.

Another idea: Sim PvP

You party up with other members of the guild, and your characters go into Simulated battles with other parties from your server. It's like the Auto Battlers we have in game already, but every person is a real, character, and performance is determined by the loot you have. There's a server ranking system so you can see who the top dogs, best geared power players are.

Platform Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Platform Fighter.
    Tekken Vs Warcraft ?

Or like....Streets of Rage X Warcraft?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Another idea: Sim PvP

You party up with other members of the guild, and your characters go into Simulated battles with other parties from your server. It's like the Auto Battlers we have in game already, but every person is a real, character, and performance is determined by the loot you have. There's a server ranking system so you can see who the top dogs, best geared power players are.
    Oh dear god - imagine the implications - "LFM [Raid] - Must beat our raid lead in Sim PVP before invite"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's currently no major Pokemon style mobile game for phones. WoW pet battles already has a massive foundation in place... a ton of 3D assets already made. Seems like the best option in terms of potential and cost effectiveness.
    Personally I think its the most likely direction. I remember thinking the garrisons should have been a mobile game supplementary to the main game.

Watered down rts / tower defense

Tekken Vs Warcraft ?

Or like....Streets of Rage X Warcraft?
    More like Smash Bros., Brawlhalla, or Rivals of Aether.

3+ Year Old Account
    Garrison sims with gacha followers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Arknights?

- - - Updated - - -

or perhaps a Summoners War style game for pets?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

More like Smash Bros., Brawlhalla, or Rivals of Aether.
    Haha yeah, I realized what you meant after i made a dick outa myself. PLATFORM fighter....

The reason I was initially hyped for HOTS was the warcraft world, and Blizzards world in general, has so many fantastic character designs in it. Personally, i think the writing is absolutely horrible these days, but, the character designs etc are really cool. Anything that lets them all come together is good in my books, although the misguided attempts to force the competitive nature of hots really killed it for me, and apparently, either that or something else killed it for others as well.

I am really interested to see what direction the LoL MMO goes in, because without any lore at all, they still have 140+ characters (i think? never played lol.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Yeah to be honest, I came very close to including this as an option in the poll - but something about the recent War3 debacle convinced me to keep it out. I could definitely see it being an option, and it does say WARCRAFT not World of Warcraft.

Haha yeah, I realized what you meant after i made a dick outa myself. PLATFORM fighter....

The reason I was initially hyped for HOTS was the warcraft world, and Blizzards world in general, has so many fantastic character designs in it. Personally, i think the writing is absolutely horrible these days, but, the character designs etc are really cool. Anything that lets them all come together is good in my books, although the misguided attempts to force the competitive nature of hots really killed it for me, and apparently, either that or something else killed it for others as well.

I am really interested to see what direction the LoL MMO goes in, because without any lore at all, they still have 140+ characters (i think? never played lol.)
    I mean, I just like platform fighters. But yeah, a heavily stylized Warcraft look would pair really nicely with a platform fighter I think. Class abilities seem prime to use for special abilities, and weapons seem like a good way to approach normals. Considering HotS was able to boil down Warcraft characters down to a handful of abilities it seems like a platform fighter could make use of more of a character's kit while still having those 'signature abilities' to define a playstyle. Platform fighters I think are a lot more expressive in their combat - especially when they're done well, so that kind of approach of a simple platform fighter I think would be cool. There are a ton of characters in Warcraft to pull from for a fighting game, which is also why I think it'd make for a good candidate for this kind of game.

Pet battles. I'll play the f out of it.

I mean, I just like platform fighters. But yeah, a heavily stylized Warcraft look would pair really nicely with a platform fighter I think. Class abilities seem prime to use for special abilities, and weapons seem like a good way to approach normals. Considering HotS was able to boil down Warcraft characters down to a handful of abilities it seems like a platform fighter could make use of more of a character's kit while still having those 'signature abilities' to define a playstyle. Platform fighters I think are a lot more expressive in their combat - especially when they're done well, so that kind of approach of a simple platform fighter I think would be cool. There are a ton of characters in Warcraft to pull from for a fighting game, which is also why I think it'd make for a good candidate for this kind of game.
    Cant fault your thinking man, Blizzards characters are already heavily stylized, and i would say its something they are known for. Imagine a BLIZZARD platform fighter! I mean basically.......hots platform fighter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect a turn-based strategy game. Some sort of base-building war game reminiscent of Warcraft RTS games but designed for mobile play.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you predictions for this announcement? Considering "blizzcon" has just been, and nothing was said, i find the timing quite interesting. Although not an "official announcement" its at very least an official confirmation.

What do you anticipate it will be?

- WoW as it is could obviously never run on mobile, but what about some watered down alternative to the live game? They did that with Diablo, after all.

- A Pet Battle game linked to your account, with cross progression with PC - this to me is by far the most likely candidate

- All it says is "warcraft mobile game" so it doesnt even specify WORLD of warcraft - re-release of the RTS?

- Something entirely different that i dont have the capacity to imagine - if so, what?

Regardless of what you think it might be, i would love to know what you would LIKE it to be?
    I don't believe it will be a World of Warcraft Mobile game, for they literally only say, "warcraft" making me think that WoW is at least safe for now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Could also be some sort of Clash of Clans in warcraft sauce. You know , for the microtransaction potential.