10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I call them Cubic Zirconia and Burlap.
    Cubic Zirconia and Polyester.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

how the hell did you get them vaccinations.. still waiting for mine.. but had no phone calls whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They’re doing it in phases. If you’re healthy and not a senior, healthcare worker or teacher, you likely won’t be able to get it just yet.
    This exactly. My gf is scheduled to get it in April because of her diabetes. I will probably get one in September, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    how the hell did you get them vaccinations.. still waiting for mine.. but had no phone calls whatsoever.
    It depends on your country and if you are prioritized (health worker, elderly or other risk groups) - the exact priority order varies.

Israel, where Gaidax lives, has fully vaccinated more than half its population - there are currently >80 doses per hundred people, UAE has 56 doses, UK 27, US 19, Chile 15, EU 6, and the world average is 3. The vaccines haven't been approved for children which means that an even larger percentage of adults have been vaccinated, and since there are some religious fanatics in Israel who are vaccine hesitant an even larger number of the adults wanting to get vaccinated have been vaccinated. Basically is a small country that paid more for the vaccines.

You need two doses for most currently approved vaccines about three weeks apart so in most countries the fully vaccinated would correspond to doses three weeks ago https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations and that was above 50% for Israel.
    The major exception is the UK that is experimenting with its population by delaying the 2nd dose, which seems to work for some vaccines and not for others.

Great news!

'A flight carrying 600,000 doses of the Oxford/AZ vaccine has landed in Ghana. It's the first delivery under the global Covid vaccine sharing scheme COVAX. In a joint statement WHO/UNICEF called it a 'momentous occasion'. The doses were produced by the Serum Institute of India'

https://twitter.com/BBCFergusWalsh/s...92607863336960

I qualified for a vaccine because I work with at-risk people. during the pandemic my workplace has been delivering hot meals to the isolated and vulnerable, including people having to shield from the virus. we take every precaution we can but having the vaccine is a big weight off my mind (due for my second shot in April, but even the first one alone provides some degree of protection to myself and those around me)

I really hate wearing a mask but I still wear one whenever I'm around other people. I finally managed to find one that didn't fog my glasses up and so I ordered five more of the same kind... only for them to be a different design that doesn't work (no refund of course)... and by now that mask has been washed so many times that the plastic that shapes around the nose is too soft to function properly. I finally tried some anti-fog wipes even though there's a chance they can damage the anti-scratch coating on my lenses (worst case scenario I'll get new lenses when things return to what passes for normal) and surprisingly they work most of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the country.

Here if you are 16 years old or older - you're good to go. Schedule via app and you get appointment automatically, so basically anyone who gives a damn, not a flat-earther and not underage can get one.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point the problem seems to be not vaccine shots, but people. Which is fine by me, natural selection at work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Prolly we'll have to get boosters every year or so...
    Currently the working assumption here is that we will have to take 2 shots every year. I imagine it won't be necessary to do as much, but that's what is being prepared for now.

In Germany the vax halls that use AstraZeneca are basically empty. Hardly anyone shows up to get this trash cocktail injected.

Police doesn't want it. Hospital workers are rejecting it... This crap is 2nd class, maybe not even that.

Honestly. If I ever end up getting this shot in Like 2 or 3 years from now, since I'm rock bottom priority, at least I want the BionTech one...

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    In Germany the vax halls that use AstraZeneca are basically empty. Hardly anyone shows up to get this trash cocktail injected.

Police doesn't want it. Hospital workers are rejecting it... This crap is 2nd class, maybe not even that.

Honestly. If I ever end up getting this shot in Like 2 or 3 years from now, since I'm rock bottom priority, at least I want the BionTech one...
    Um... dude, what bullshit is this? This isn't a pair of sunglasses or a pair of jeans not being up to the latest fashion standards. You'll take the godamn vaccine they give you and you'll fucking like it. If it immunizes you, great, that's all it needs to do. Fucking snowflake culture...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have their own autonomy government to take care of their own citizens as per Oslo accords.

Maybe ask Hamas to move some $$ from missiles to vaccines, that might help.

10+ Year Old Account
    There it is. Israel’s military has waaay more control than Hamas does. Maybe ask your government to end apartheid.
    Sorry busy pilling out best vaccination effort in the world, can only do one thing at a time.

Come back later, if you survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Um... dude, what bullshit is this? This isn't a pair of sunglasses or a pair of jeans not being up to the latest fashion standards. You'll take the godamn vaccine they give you and you'll fucking like it. If it immunizes you, great, that's all it needs to do. Fucking snowflake culture...
    Fuck off with that. If there is legit concern about the safety of a drug, I won't take it. Are you deranged or something

It’s more about efficacy than safety, but I get where you’re coming from.
    I'll just continue to protect myself by staying in this isolation instead. I can wait indefinitely if needed. Once police and hospitals start refusing it, I'm out of the game, boy

- - - Updated - - -

Also, efficiency equals safety. Maybe the side effects of the shot aren't as bad, but the compared low efficiency only means you're still running the risk of getting covid.

You know why I'm so pissed off? Because it IS a 2nd grade product. AstraZeneca is 2€ per shot compared to the 13€ per shot for a RNA like from Moderna or BionTech.

And then you have people who tell me I've got a snowflake attitude for not wanting it. Fucking drives me insane.

It's a real shame to see that people have been taken in by the likes of Macron and von der Leyen rubbishing the AZ vaccine in an effort to cover up their ineptitude not only will this result in a longer a lockdown for the people in the EU it will ultimately cost lives.

Fuck off with that. If there is legit concern about the safety of a drug, I won't take it. Are you deranged or something
    I am not, in fact, deranged or "something". There is no legit concern other than you reading Bild and letting it freak you out. The vaccine is safe. The only reason anyone is refusing to use it is mild to moderate side effects like nausea and headaches. And it's stupid. And selfish. You are not taking the vaccine to save yourself, you disturbed little person, you take it to save SOCIETY as a whole. Everyone around you.

Has nobody explained the point of vaccination to you? Is this really the first time in your life that you hear about vaccines and how they work?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am not, in fact, deranged or "something". There is no legit concern other than you reading Bild and letting it freak you out. The vaccine is safe. The only reason anyone is refusing to use it is mild to moderate side effects like nausea and headaches. And it's stupid. And selfish. You are not taking the vaccine to save yourself, you disturbed little person, you take it to save SOCIETY as a whole. Everyone around you.

Has nobody explained the point of vaccination to you? Is this really the first time in your life that you hear about vaccines and how they work?
    Shut the hell up. If a vaccine is only mediocre at doing it's job, the society continues putting itself at risk. I would be fine if this was the best we can do, and it is our only ray of hope, but it's not. In fact, AstraZeneca is the shittiest vaccine on the market, and the only reason Germany is trying to shove it down our throat is because it's the drug they bought.

There is a better, albeit more expensive, alternative out there. Which to me just seems as if the safety of this society is a matter of money.

Even going further than that, AstraZeneca doesn't even seem to be able to deliver on their contract and the purchased amount of shots in Europe.

No. If I'm going to get a shot, I want the efficient one. You can take AstraZeneca all you want and pretend to be a hero.

Until then I will do what has an even higher rate of protection than this vaccine: stay inside.

Shut the hell up. If a vaccine is only mediocre at doing it's job, the society continues putting itself at risk. I would be fine if this was the best we can do, and it is our only ray of hope, but it's not. In fact, AstraZeneca is the shittiest vaccine on the market, and the only reason Germany is trying to shove it down our throat is because it's the drug they bought.

There is a better, albeit more expensive, alternative out there. Which to me just seems as if the safety of this society is a matter of money.

Even going further than that, AstraZeneca doesn't even seem to be able to deliver on their contract and the purchased amount of shots in Europe.

No. If I'm going to get a shot, I want the efficient one. You can take AstraZeneca all you want and pretend to be a hero.

Until then I will do what has an even higher rate of protection than this vaccine: stay inside.
    There is absolutely no evidence to support your anti-vax stance and recent reports have found that the AZ vaccine reduces hospitalisations due to Covid amongst the over 80's by similar rates to the Pfizer jab.

If you don't want to take the vaccine that is your choice but stop spreading anti-vax conspiracies!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is absolutely no evidence to support your anti-vax stance and recent reports have found that the AZ vaccine reduces hospitalisations due to Covid amongst the over 80's by similar rates to the Pfizer jab.

If you don't want to take the vaccine that is your choice but stop spreading anti-vax conspiracies!
    You go get dicked right with slant. I'm not anti vax, it's not a fucking conspiracy, I'm saying Germany is doing a piss poor job at getting available vaccinations that work better than AstraZeneca.

Are you all that fucking desperate to go out and party again that you're willing to take in whatever they present to you?

Why can't we have BionTech available, which is even local in Germany? What other than "we got a cheap deal for Astra" is there as a sorry excuse?

Both are efficient enough. No vaccine is 100% effectiveness. What you're doing is being inefficient in that you're not using what is available and instead clog up the system for another vaccine that you perceive to be slightly more effective. Btw, effectiveness and efficiency are not the same.

Luckily, though, you and me are in the last target group. So by the time you're called up, you can probably pick and choose anyway.

Both are efficient enough. No vaccine is 100% effectiveness. What you're doing is being inefficient in that you're not using what is available and instead clog up the system for another vaccine that you perceive to be slightly more effective. Btw, effectiveness and efficiency are not the same.

Luckily, though, you and me are in the last target group. So by the time you're called up, you can probably pick and choose anyway.
    I hope I can. That's what I expect from a free market. And you're right, I mean effective, not efficient.

It just grinds my gears to no end that yet again this Government is unable to be top notch. I see to other countries and I continue to wonder why the hell can't we do things right from the start for once.

The Corona App is a 20? Million Euros dumpster fire.
    It feels like half of our population are straight corona deniers.
    And then when we're about to start the vaccinations, we take the least effective out there.

God dammit