Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Blizzard want the boosters and spammers to be there. They make blizard too much money. As evident by the blatant pay to win now with the valor. Ksm required to upgrade gear is a boosters wet dream and it will in turn up the sale of tokens by a metric shitton for blizzard.

Blizzard care about Money>players
    except they made it against the ToS to post advertisments in the group finder my dude...
    what the fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Politics doesn't bother me but spam does. Boost sellers posting a message every 30 mins would be a blessing, but they don't. It is every few mins with enough break to not get caught by the simplistic anti-spam system.
    So in other words trade being used for trade is spam to you but actual spam of the channel aka non trade isn't ..... right

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except they made it against the ToS to post advertisments in the group finder my dude...
    what the fuck?
    and they are still there, more then ever before. They could have done so much more, instead they simply went "please don't do it" and called it a day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So in other words trade being used for trade is spam to you but actual spam of the channel aka non trade isn't ..... right
    Soooooooooo, seeing about 20 boosting advertisements for 4-5 different groups within 5-10 minutes is okay for you? And I never said I supported the political discussion either.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-02-24 at 09:06 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    and they are still there, more then ever before. They could have done so much more, instead they simply went "please don't do it" and called it a day
    Except they arnt still there, they get banned and they make new ones, its a cycle and its the harsh reality of boosters, its a big market, and there is fucking nothing they can do about it.

ban specific words? well they just go "W T S" instead, and players who say for example "Newts M+ runs!" gets banned cause they included WTS in their text...

There is nothing they can really do then other maybe hire someone to literally just watch the group finder all day every day 24/7 and ban anyone who is selling runs in LFG.

you say "they could have done so much more" but you dont say WHAT they could have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they arnt still there, they get banned and they make new ones, its a cycle and its the harsh reality of boosters, its a big market, and there is fucking nothing they can do about it.

ban specific words? well they just go "W T S" instead, and players who say for example "Newts M+ runs!" gets banned cause they included WTS in their text...

There is nothing they can really do then other maybe hire someone to literally just watch the group finder all day every day 24/7 and ban anyone who is selling runs in LFG.

you say "they could have done so much more" but you dont say WHAT they could have...
    Basically the harsh truth...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Install an addon from my signature and reduce gold boost spam by 90%+. Patterns are updated weekly and I'm thinking about introducing throttle mode that will filter out any repeats for several minutes no matter what they are.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

its a big market, and there is fucking nothing they can do about it.

Except there was a solution (and blizzard destroyed it for worldquest reason). The ability to filter via white/black listing specific words in LFG. It was possible in Legion then restricted during Antorus patch. The goal was to prevent auto grouping at WQ location and largely failed because you can still manualy fast group with total strangers by typing 6 digits.

Boostsellers (and half are RMT advertiser bots , let's be honest) prosper on the LFG API because Blizzard can't do anything about it and implemented restrictions that are both ineficient (regarding worldquest grouping) and overreaching (regarding LFG).
    So in the end it's 2 loss for players, one half win for blizzard and a win for boostsellers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Except there was a solution (and blizzard destroyed it for worldquest reason). The ability to filter via white/black listing specific words in LFG. It was possible in Legion then restricted during Antorus patch. The goal was to prevent auto grouping at WQ location and largely failed because you can still manualy fast group with total strangers by typing 6 digits.

Boostsellers (and half are RMT advertiser bots , let's be honest) prosper on the LFG API because Blizzard can't do anything about it and implemented restrictions that are both ineficient (regarding worldquest grouping) and overreaching (regarding LFG).
    So in the end it's 2 loss for players, one half win for blizzard and a win for boostsellers.
    So download an addon that does allow you to blacklist specific words, cause thats what i do my dude.
    they just removed that for world quests, not dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Don't think I've ever been in Trade for YEARS. What am I missing?
    This is actually sad. I mean that it's a social game and people are leaving social channels, in fact, the main social channel, because it's a cesspool. :/

So download an addon that does allow you to blacklist specific words, cause thats what i do my dude.
    they just removed that for world quests, not dungeons.
    I'm failry surprised and would gladly use such addon if you could provide me a name or a link.
    As far as I know :
    How can I exclude groups with "WTS" or "Boost" in the name?
    This is no longer possible. Starting with the Battle for Azeroth Prepatch, the group name is protected by Blizzard and can no longer be evaluated by any addon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm failry surprised and would gladly use such addon if you could provide me a name or a link.
    As far as I know :
    This is no longer possible. Starting with the Battle for Azeroth Prepatch, the group name is protected by Blizzard and can no longer be evaluated by any addon.
    well look above, dude has got it in his signature.Rowaasr

well look above, dude has got it in his signature.Rowaasr
    No I mean the one you use. You said you had a working one not API restricted in group name.

Because the one from Rowaasr is from 2017, last edited for patch 7.2.5 doesn't work since BFA (that's the first comment) but i tested it to be very sure. It doesn't even load of course.

download an addon that does allow you to blacklist specific words, cause thats what i do my dude.
    Please give me the name of your addon.

7+ Year Old Account
    No I mean the one you use. You said you had a working one not API restricted in group name.

Because the one from Rowaasr is from 2017, last edited for patch 7.2.5 doesn't work since BFA (that's the first comment) but i tested it to be very sure. It doesn't even load of course.

Please give me the name of your addon.
    Premade Groups Filter

Premade Groups Filter
    The next quote is from Premade Group Finder FAQ.

PFG can't filter by group name. You stated that you can. You must certainly use a different addon.
    What is the name of the addon that can filter bots circunventing the restrictions of blizzard supposed to protect us ?

7+ Year Old Account
    The next quote is from Premade Group Finder FAQ.

PFG can't filter by group name. You stated that you can. You must certainly use a different addon.
    What is the name of the addon that can filter bots circunventing the restrictions of blizzard supposed to protect us ?
    I gave you the name
    Premade group filter
    can you not read?

I gave you the name
    Premade group filter
    can you not read?
    Hello Fel. I tried Googling "Premade group filter" and got to https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...-groups-filter so I assume this is the addon you mean since I'm having a hard time finding anything else.
    I then went into their faq at https://github.com/0xbs/premade-groups-filter/wiki/FAQ and it says the following:

"How can I exclude groups with "WTS" or "Boost" in the name?

This is no longer possible. Starting with the Battle for Azeroth Prepatch, the group name is protected by Blizzard and can no longer be evaluated by any addon."

Did you perhaps mean a different addon? I even checked the comments in CurseForge and there is a guy asking if he can filter out the "WTS plague" and the reply says it's not possible.

They can change the way the system work. Not able to use custom text, only a drop down list of pre-defined sentences etc.

Create a listing, choose your dungeon and key level or raid/bosses. And thats the title of the listing. And then drop down menus for everything else. classes you need/want, bosses you are going for/have killed etc. There is no reason to have custom text. Players would quickly adapt to this and there would be no way to advertise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Yeah. I heard that argument from a lot of people too. I personally agree with that. However, i do not want to spread conspiracy theory here. I would like to see a concrete solution from blizzard.
    Solution for what, specifically?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The Valor system isn't really Pay2Win, it is Play2Win, just because people can pay boosters doesn't mean it is Pay2Win, for if that is so, then every MMORPG existing, is Pay2Win.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed not. I hardly see spammers in the LFG tool anymore. They are really hammering down in there, wish they would in trade chat too though.
    This dude sums up my views on it as well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.