Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the only ones who were actually affected by him directly were Kael and those who were with him. The only ones we have now is the PC Demon Hunter, Rommath, and the San'layn.

the real reason is that the Alliance didn't bother to help Quel'thalas from the Scourge while they were traveling far and wide to Silihtus, Molten Core, Eastweald, and whatnot. The ones who helped them recover were the Forsaken and the Horde; obviously, you'll go along with those who helped you.
    @VladlTutushkin ^

- - - Updated - - -

you also fight the Kirin Tor as Horde in Vanilla iirc
    Same way Quel’Thalas didnt bothered to help Alliance with the Scourge.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Since Warcraft 1 has orcs been the bad guys.
    but the entire point of Warcraft 3 is to make the orcs no longer be the bad guys; the Alliance were even the antagonists in Frozen Throne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Same way Quel’Thalas didnt bothered to help Alliance with the Scourge.
    that's not a very good excuse; a good faction should still help regardless, with altruism. That's why the Horde dislikes the Alliance because they see them as elitists who help only those who would be of benefit to them
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I dunno, their takes seem decent. I don't see why you'd conclude that orcs are fundamentally evil.

RE Tauren being the moral compass of the horde; it makes sense, they're basically the only Horde race (other than Vulpera) who haven't done some really messed up stuff.

This all seems like an anti-SJW 'toxic masculinity' rant to me
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    that's not a very good excuse; a good faction should still help regardless, with altruism. That's why the Horde dislikes the Alliance because they see them as elitists who help only those who would be of benefit to them
    Is this something you just made up because the night elfs help people/creatures all over the world expecting nothing in return and the goats tend to do the same thing with the blood elfs as a glaring example.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is this something you just made up because the night elfs help people/creatures all over the world expecting nothing in return and the goats tend to do the same thing with the blood elfs as a glaring example.
    Liadrin said it herself, the Night Elves didn't do anything unless it directly affects them
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

It doesn't take much to see how writers are out of touch with ALL the game...

But... I don't think the panel showed that... I might be wrong...

but the entire point of Warcraft 3 is to make the orcs no longer be the bad guys; the Alliance were even the antagonists in Frozen Throne

- - - Updated - - -

As other guy said - you just made it up. Horde also helped them only in order to get a stronger foothold in Eastern Kingdoms. And point me out one time when horde helped someone WITHOUT ulterior motive of gaining more allies/troops, territory or somehow one-upping Alliance.

However Alliance also rarely pursues goals like "Smashing all that is not Horde and taking over resources" or "Dragging people into wars of extermination" or basically anything Garrosh'like.

- - - Updated - - -

Liadrin said it herself, the Night Elves didn't do anything unless it directly affects them
    Liadrin said that darkness cannot abide within the Light while serving a genocidal banshee who served arguably darkest force in the Universe. Her words are as empty as slag.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    eh, the Orcs did Warlock stuff in the Second War, no; Gul'dan did the Sunken Ruins, no; the Orcs made Alexstrasza a sex slave, no; Archimonde steps in Dalaran, no; Mannoroth literally rains down infernals in Durotar which is just below Ashenvale, no

the Shattered Sun should have been kicked out of Silvermoon/Sunwell after they betrayed their neutrality pact by sending in Tiras'alan and the Aldors to help defend Theramore

10+ Year Old Account
    People tend to forget that Christie Golden wrote Thralls origin all the way back in 2001 (Lord of the Clans) and people act like she has just started writing for Blizzard. She has been writing for Blizzard for 20 years (albeit now in a more forefront capacity). I think she knows more about the lore (especially with Thrall and orcs in general) than most people on this forum with their wiki's opened up. I honest think aside from Metzen himself Golden is the best runner up to write the lore. Even though she isn't even a head writer of the company (there are like 10 or so writers), but people always assume she is for some reason..
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-02-24 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Horde has gone to shit because of Garrosh and Sylvanas
    Garrosh was the best leader. He tried to make the Horde great again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Garrosh was the best leader. He tried to make the Horde great again!
    And he would've won the war if a bunch of traitors didnt cement themselves being traitors by working with the alliance.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    And he would've won the war if a bunch of traitors didnt cement themselves being traitors by working with the alliance.
    You missed the part with "winning only because he juiced whole horde with Old God's fluid"? So... becoming Old God slaves, yeah. The exact thing his dad sacrificed his life to avoid. Well, demon slaves, but thats essentially the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People tend to forget that Christie Golden wrote Thralls origin all the way back in 2001 (Lord of the Clans) and people act like she has just started writing for Blizzard. She has been writing for Blizzard for 20 years (albeit now in a more forefront capacity). I think she knows more about the lore (especially with Thrall and orcs in general) than most people on this forum with their wiki's opened up. I honest think aside from Metzen himself Golden is the best runner up to write the lore. Even though she isn't even a head writer of the company (there are like 10 or so writers), but people always assume she is for some reason..
    Because people rather shit on Golden who seemingly reacts to being called shit then on Danuser who just laughs and writes even worse shit... I suppose.

As other guy said - you just made it up. Horde also helped them only in order to get a stronger foothold in Eastern Kingdoms. And point me out one time when horde helped someone WITHOUT ulterior motive of gaining more allies/troops, territory or somehow one-upping Alliance.

However Alliance also rarely pursues goals like "Smashing all that is not Horde and taking over resources" or "Dragging people into wars of extermination" or basically anything Garrosh'like.

- - - Updated - - -

Liadrin said that darkness cannot abide within the Light while serving a genocidal banshee who served arguably darkest force in the Universe. Her words are as empty as slag.
    watching the entire kaldorei empire, the entire human conquest of eastern kingdom, half leveling quests where you genocide entire murloc tribes only because they eat fishes, an entire royal bloodline called trollbane and the draenei that hid for millennia the fact they were pursued by evil incarnate

kek
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    watching the entire kaldorei empire, the entire human conquest of eastern kingdom, half leveling quests where you genocide entire murloc tribes only because they eat fishes, an entire royal bloodline called trollbane and the draenei that hid for millennia the fact they were pursued by evil incarnate

kek
    Kaldorei empire now your "burden" since you took it all in with Nightborne. Yep, stealing legacy of a race comes with its downsides.

Also main "human conquerors" were Lordaeronians and people from Arathi which are either gone or Forsaken now.

And dont start with murlocks when the first thing horde did when came to Kalimdor was to side with one race over another in a racial war and essentially exterminate cenaturs all the way to Desolation. Not that it was a bad idea but thats roughly the same as bullying murlocks around.

And main big one - none of what you mentioned happened in WoW. Even Draenei hiding the fact they were pursued happned UNTIL they came to Azeroth.

In general, you are just bitter (still) over not being able to play a genocidal maniac and cant cope.

Solution: cope harder.

Kaldorei empire now your "burden" since you took it all in with Nightborne. Yep, stealing legacy of a race comes with its downsides.

Also main "human conquerors" were Lordaeronians and people from Arathi which are either gone or Forsaken now.

And dont start with murlocks when the first thing horde did when came to Kalimdor was to side with one race over another in a racial war and essentially exterminate cenaturs all the way to Desolation. Not that it was a bad idea but thats roughly the same as bullying murlocks around.

And main big one - none of what you mentioned happened in WoW. Even Draenei hiding the fact they were pursued happned UNTIL they came to Azeroth.

In general, you are just bitter (still) over not being able to play a genocidal maniac and cant cope.

my burden? last time i checked the shen'dralar are still in the alliance, and anyway druidic night elves never behave much different from their previous iteration...
    stormwindians, gilneans and kulthirians originated from the arathians (or how you want call the originals human tribes) exactly like the lordaeronians, so what its exactly your point? that all come from bloodthirsty tribes? yes, sure, so?

ok, so ally are as bad as horde, good....

sure, thats my point, you dont need to conquest anything when you did it previously. its pretty clear boy...

and the last point? a generic weak ad hominem? rotfl

/pat
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    my burden? last time i checked the shen'dralar are still in the alliance, and anyway druidic night elves never behave much different from their previous iteration...
    stormwindians, gilneans and kulthirians originated from the arathians (or how you want call the originals human tribes) exactly like the lordaeronians, so what its exactly your point? that all come from bloodthirsty tribes? yes, sure, so?

ok, so ally are as bad as horde, good....

sure, thats my point, you dont need to conquest anything when you did it previously. its pretty clear boy...

and the last point? a generic weak ad hominem? rotfl

/pat
    "/pat"

It wasnt me raging here about his forsaken not being able to RP as a mass murdering psycho. Pat yourself, maybe that will sooth your grief over losing the ability to be edgier then Shadow the Hedgeheg.

Every time horde tries to morally compare to Alliance is like a child murderer on a chair shouting that his prosecutors are "just like him but wont admit it". Kinda strong, but empty.

7+ Year Old Account
    You missed the part with "winning only because he juiced whole horde with Old God's fluid"? So... becoming Old God slaves, yeah. The exact thing his dad sacrificed his life to avoid. Well, demon slaves, but thats essentially the same.
    not rly, Horde was far up ahead even without old god magic, and even without total full support from the other leaders

Golden didn't create or made that book up, they said to her what she was supposed to write, her job in the book and what was her own doing was the dialogues and to flesh out his emotions/personality.(and that seems like her job in blizzard, doing dialogues, not rly creating new lore)

But this is even pointless since thrall from lord of the clans is a totally different character than he is now

the night elves also are the kaldorei empire
    stormwind passed years killing trolls and gnolls and taking their territory too.
    Horde didn't hide or have shame about that, centaurs were the genocides, we just stop they being bloodthirsty. They and the quilboar, since they didn't want tob e in good terms
    Thats the horde bias from blizzard, making the horde villains and whitewashing what the alliance does in wow

you would be surprised of how few people rly want that and wanted sylvanas as leader, most of the horde players still want and like the hrode from wc3 and vanilla-cata

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    But that’s just not true just look at stuff like the Cenarian circle curing the plague lands or them helping the Gilneans or a ton of other night elf quest.

The night elfs might have not helped the blood elfs but they are constantly helping others for no gain.

Christie Golden was only tasked with writing a book covering the Lord of the Clans game that was already finished but canceled. The lore already existed. The real person that came up with all the lore is Metzen.

Ever since Metzen left the Horde feeling is gone.
    You either need to get along with the red Alliance idea or move on and forget about Warcraft.