Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nah - removal or toxic raider.io would instantly improve lfg experience.
    How ? Now, you would pick randomly people ? What would be your metric to pick people for your group ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    ?????? Quoting myself here it's getting kinda stupid.

"Who is stopping the nonmeta spec players to create their own nonmeta groups? To have their "better experience"."

And you answered with:

"They still have to wait for meta specs, so it's not a better experience."

????????????
    yes because that's the issue, people cant get into other keys coz they want meta spec those ppl create own grp wanting meta specs tthen you end up with 50 grps unfilled because they only want meta specs

if you cant see the problem with that, its not my fault

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    How ? Now, you would pick randomly people ? What would be your metric to pick people for your group ?
    There's lots of metrics available!

What are this apply best keys, as shown on armory?
    What level of key they are holding? "+15 in time pls link ur key"
    How many "Mythic 15" items they wear?

But yeah, "raider.io is toxic and should be removed"... But perhaps by "improve LFG experience", dude meant "way longer to build groups"...

there is such a feature in FF14, no one uses it

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    there is such a feature in FF14, no one uses it
    FF 14 content is kinda easy compared to m+.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yes because that's the issue, people cant get into other keys coz they want meta spec those ppl create own grp wanting meta specs tthen you end up with 50 grps unfilled because they only want meta specs

if you cant see the problem with that, its not my fault
    So everyone would have a better time if shitty players would start playing with other shitty players? That's the point. No tool or anything but the mentality of those players has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So everyone would have a better time if shitty players would start playing with other shitty players? That's the point. No tool or anything but the mentality of those players has to change.
    agree wiht the mentality needs to change but not about playing with the shit player part they jsut need to get out of this meta mindset

And have it instantly replaced by still-just-as-fucking-toxic dudes scoping your Armory, finding the same fucking information that is on R.IO and still declining to invite you? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    FF 14 content is kinda easy compared to m+.
    Savage raids are not that easy, it's harder than a m+10 or m+15 with current (220+) stuff . And still no one use the lfg feature but they create custom group in lfg like we do because you have to know how mechanics work otherwise you'll wipe in 30 seconds

No one will use an autogroup feature for m+, or only bad players or ppl who want to test a new class/spec
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-02-24 at 12:45 PM.

Why do people on here pretend that pugs have ever been not terrible?

So every group leader has to look through a list of hundreds, maybe thousands of names?

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Savage raids are not that easy, it's harder than a m+10 or m+15 with current (220+) stuff . And still no one use the lfg feature but they create custom group in lfg like we do because you have to know how mechanics work otherwise you'll wipe in 30 seconds

No one will use an autogroup feature for m+, or only bad players or ppl who want to test a new class/spec
    Well, it is mostly learn by heart the boss rotation and there is little to no variation.

I don't understand people complaining about raider io. The only thing it does is to provide overview of player's runs and boss kills, and converts it to a single number for a quick reference. If it wasn't raider io then it would be something else doing the same thing.

To me, people complaining about rio, are in fact complaining about information about the player being publically available. How would that be better? Better, as in others wouldn't be able to see you have no experience, so you would have higher chance of getting into a group? Rio doesn't properly describe your value as a player? How should it change then? Or do you expect everyone should give you a test run to properly evaluate your ability, and not rely and an automated, soulless system?
    Last edited by procne; 2021-02-24 at 01:05 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    except in ffxiv you have infinite amount of resses in combat...
    Not that simple, you have a debut that reduces by 25% your main stats for 1 min+ stackable two or three times.
    It really reduces your heal or dps output and most boss are dps checks.

I still wouldn't invite bad players to my key. Raider.io or not I will find a way to avoid you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    best way imo to make m+ less horiffic to pug is just to get rid of mdi no mdi no "meta" comp no "meta" comp means better m+ experience for lots more
    Aye, because fotm and metas didnt exist before legion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I still wouldn't invite bad players to my key. Raider.io or not I will find a way to avoid you.
    As I said above, the information that R.IO pulls from is on a players' Armory. So instead of using R.IO to quickly figure out somebody's level of skill, you'll make the same exact decision based off of the same exact information with the only difference being that you need to spend an extra 30 seconds on somebody's Armory page. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    There's lots of metrics available!

What are this apply best keys, as shown on armory?
    What level of key they are holding? "+15 in time pls link ur key"
    How many "Mythic 15" items they wear?

But yeah, "raider.io is toxic and should be removed"... But perhaps by "improve LFG experience", dude meant "way longer to build groups"...
    Di you have a vague idea on how much time would this take before being able to start a dungeon? Checking performances on different sites for EVERY applicant?

Dude, the game is doing the dungeon, not taking ages to start it.

Rio is just a metric to quickly (and in real time) have an idea of what the applicants did in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I don't understand people complaining about raider io. The only thing it does is to provide overview of player's runs and boss kills, and converts it to a single number for a quick reference. If it wasn't raider io then it would be something else doing the same thing.

To me, people complaining about rio, are in fact complaining about information about the player being publically available. How would that be better? Better, as in others wouldn't be able to see you have no experience, so you would have higher chance of getting into a group? Rio doesn't properly describe your value as a player? How should it change then? Or do you expect everyone should give you a test run to properly evaluate your ability, and not rely and an automated, soulless system?
    Or Blizzard could simply add M+ to the automatic LFD. People that love to play with randoms will use it, people that love to have at least a vague idea of how the applicants will perform will use the actual method of party creation.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As I said above, the information that R.IO pulls from is on a players' Armory. So instead of using R.IO to quickly figure out somebody's level of skill, you'll make the same exact decision based off of the same exact information with the only difference being that you need to spend an extra 30 seconds on somebody's Armory page. Cool.
    Players In WOD: I cant get invited to groups because of my ilvl.

Then Blizzard made Titanforging so everyone could get high ilvl.

Players after WOD: I cant get invited to groups because of my rio score.

There's always a bad excuse. People just need to realize that they cannot get invited to group because they are either bad or lazy and we don't want to play with bad and lazy players.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    I love the bashing of raider.io again. Or how you can translate it into:

I am terrible at this game and want to play keys I am not able to play and want to get carried hard.

Raider.io is the single best thing ever happened to that games. I am glad I can filter the trash away all the time.
    And in those scenarios I ignore rio and take some low rio guys I see what is happening. Just did that yesterday in a low +12 key. Damn, so many lovely stuns from that low rio shaman in Sanguines, so many missing Bloodlusts and the crappy heal. Was so much fun <3

I am glad I don't have to play with trash that hates rio, and yes, my answer now is kinda toxic.
    But you crappy players have to understand that guys like me don't want to carry your ass. You can buy boosts for that.

And once you have a high rio score it is absolutely no problem to play with alts in pugs, even with the worst non meta classes <3
    Harsh way to put it but its true. Ran a 14 SD with 700-900 IO players yesterday. For one, the tank didn't know a proper route he was just pulling everything. Secondly they didn't know how to properly soak orbs on 1st boss making it a nightmare to heal. Lastly they couldn't do enough dps to kill the 2nd boss and the group just fell apart. IO is what we have to judge players by and its generally accurate enough. Do that same key with 1300-1400 players and its a guaranteed stress free 2 chest.