Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.
    Arena rating is an example that is not really depending on how much time you invest. After a while in each season, only your gameplay affects whether you "win" or you don't.

One can argue that clearing Sunwell will also not be dependant on time invested but rather have a group of skilled players.

The only aspect on the game where the boost might be an advantage is that you could more easily have an alt for making gold. So for the very small amount of people whose goal in the game is to make gold, then it might be an advantage in this category. But those people already have plenty of alts so...

If they need to sell level 58 boosts to make Classic TBC viable - all for it.

Again, including myself, lot's of people would skip TBC as we skipped classic because leveling is nothing we want to do again. It's not hard, it's not "new experience". That is why so many leveling boosts exist in Classic.
    It can be classified as pay to win, but it's actually paying a participation fee so you can go and compete, rather than paying to get to the top and it's absolutely irrelevant in Outland. Bitching about it makes as much sense as bitching about people using Priority Queues to board in air port. You don't get better seats, you all sit in the same plane, you and you land at the same time too. It's not like boosting a character gives you free epic at level 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.
    Anyone can start leveling now and be level 60 at the launch. That's an advantage. TBC Classic Players don't even have the servers open now. We will just rather spend money in the future than spend our time going through classic leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    Look at how the game is currently played. That is actually anti-classic ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One per account. Can't use it on the new races.

This isn't a huge deal. It's not the retail boost.
    It is a big deal. The fact that they allow you to clone your char so that one can remain in classic and one continue in BC only with pay service only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Look at how the game is currently played. That is actually anti-classic ethos.
    in any case, it fits the bill of the modern gaming. People want to finish the leveling quickly, they find it annyoing, tedious, boring, waste of time and more. They want to reach max level where they can be metaslaves and min/max everything.

It seems like leveling is not something to enjoy, its something to just get over with quickly. A large portion of the game is just outright shat on, ignored and spit on. But people do it, cause thats the only way to reach min/max heaven. Thats were all the "meaningful" things happen in a modern day MMORPG.

People better get ready for BC. Farm your ass of in current classic and take your gold with you and be quick with the leveling. Once you are behind, youre screwed.

This is pretty disgusting ye. Looking at the reasons it's why we didn't get fresh TBC realms. Now they can sell a boost for a price of an expansion. With fresh TBC realms there wouldn't be any boosts.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    This is pretty disgusting ye. Looking at the reasons it's why we didn't get fresh TBC realms. Now they can sell a boost for a price of an expansion. With fresh TBC realms there wouldn't be any boosts.
    I srsly cant understand how can ppl twist everything to the point to tell "its so ppl give them more money". Sure, i know that Blizzard/activision wants money and wants to implement things sometimes to get money but when ppl start to think everythings about money thats just said. Ive seen a lot of ppl asking it here and this was their reasoning why they dont make fresh servers: People want to continue and progress their characters and they don't want to make ppl feel like their old character is "wasted time" when they play in tbc. Totally reasonable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    It's a massive advantage.
    It's really not... They still have to level through all the TBC content like everyone else, they'd have no raid gear, they'd have barely acceptable gear to start in TBC, they're going to have an extremely low amount of gold compared to the folks with thousands upon thousands of gold, and they're going to get the basic level 40 mount.

What "massive" advantage, does this get them in TBC? They're paying to get to the starting line for TBC.

This will ultimately have practically zero impact on anyone, except for the player boosting who will likely actually be excited to start playing in TBC immediately, rather than not even both playing having to slog through the Classic leveling experience.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's really not... They still have to level through all the TBC content like everyone else, they'd have no raid gear, they'd have barely acceptable gear to start in TBC, they're going to have an extremely low amount of gold compared to the folks with thousands upon thousands of gold, and they're going to get the basic level 40 mount.

What "massive" advantage, does this get them in TBC? They're paying to get to the starting line for TBC.

This will ultimately have practically zero impact on anyone, except for the player boosting who will likely actually be excited to start playing in TBC immediately, rather than not even both playing having to slog through the Classic leveling experience.
    Right.
    There is no "massive advantage".
    It saves the person going through 200+ hours of leveling through a dreadfully boring experience just one time, while being limited to classic race/class combos, and that's it.
    It gives them the slow mount, a pittance of gold, and gear enough to die if they pull more than one boar in HFP.
    Everyone who "earned" their level will have better gear, more gold, better mount, easier time leveling, and will hit 70 faster.
    Any alts, back to the slog they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    One per acc. What do you care? I literally skipped classic just because leveling experience is very bad for me. It's oriented to new players anyway.
    If the leveling experience is very bad for you then that’s a personal problem. We care because we like Classic because it’s classic. No one asked for vanilla but with boosts.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    We all knew blizz would start their pay to win shit eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    If the leveling experience is very bad for you then that’s a personal problem. We care because we like Classic because it’s classic. No one asked for vanilla but with boosts.
    Which is a fair complaint, but how does this actually impact YOU?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to boost my pally, because fuck me if I'm leveling an alt who struggles with 1v1 fights for the first 45 levels

And I have no problem with that mate. I was not complaining about there being no such thing. I was saying that there is nothing to complain about if they release TBC realms, hence, classic is the same, with 58lvl boost, one per account!

Except its not classic, its TBC, as soon as expansions start to roll out, previous content is irrelevant, thats how things work and blizz is giving the option to skip that, so yeah your classic as soon as TBC launches is irrelevant and giving the option to skip that shit fest is the right call, sadly its paid but ill take that compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I can't wait to boost my pally, because fuck me if I'm leveling an alt who struggles with 1v1 fights for the first 45 levels
    As long as it's not a Blood Elf Paladin, you'll be good. Boost doesn't work on the new races (Blood Elf and Draenei).

i see no problem the only people who seem to have a problem are people who think they are the real shit cause they leveled in classic

don't get me wrong i have 6 level 60 only 1 is boosted , but i could not care less if they want more people to be able to enjoy BC since its a way better addon than classic anyway... more players better for us all? its win win sorry some people feel hurt that they are not cool cause they leveled in classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As long as it's not a Blood Elf Paladin, you'll be good. Boost doesn't work on the new races (Blood Elf and Draenei).
    It'll be a dorf, for that sweet sweet extra stam base stat for tanking

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Because I want it limited as fuck. Time and amount. There should be no boost in the first place.
    Please explain to me how someone boosting to 58 during the pre patch hurts you in ANY way... First of all, they still have to hit 60 before BC launches. Then, they still have to level to 70 right along side you. They get a mount and some classic dungeon blues. Thats literally nothing. Its not even epic mount. Its the level 40 mount. lol.

Explain it because Im failing to find any logical reason. Youre crying just to cry.

- - - Updated - - -

The boost isnt for vanilla. Its for BC classic. Noone is going to be boost a toon to 58 and then play classic. I promise you that. lol. The rules arent even clear on whether or not you can even do that. Actually, they are clear. Seeing as how the server your classic character is currently on is going to venture into BC. Any character created there is going to go to BC.Id be willing to bet that the boost isnt going to be active on the classic only realms.

its looking like blizzard is going to separate the servers at the BC pre patch launch. At that point you will choose to remain on the server and head into BC or sned your character to a classic only realm. This will also be the point at which you are given the option to boost one toon.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2021-02-24 at 05:45 PM.

Yeah thats fine but other people care for TBC not vanilla so why punish them by ether forcing them to play vanilla or missing out on TBC?
    Last edited by Alatie; 2021-02-24 at 05:51 PM.