Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Some players post videos, where they clear twisted corridors while being naked. And what? Blizzard should fix their game, because one player in whole world was lucky enough to grind all OP anima powers at the same time? No, because this evidence is anecdotal. As yours.
    What?
    Dude, the amount of world quests up, and what their rewards are, are literally the exact same for everyone, what are you even talking about?
    world quests are not random spawns per person, nor are their rewards randomly rolled per person they are SPECIFIC SET for EVERYONE. you can literally go to wowhead right now and see what world quests are up, and what rewards they give.

What world quests are up, is not anecdotal, it is factual that the same world quests are up for everyone, with the same rewards.
    https://www.wowhead.com/world-quests/sl/na

Forged in secret, gives a conduit, however if you already have that conduit it gives 70 anima
    Wrath of aliothe, conduit, or 35 anime
    Battles won long ago, 140 anime
    tea tales lost sybille 105 anime if you are not a plate class who could use a belt upgrade
    light defense 105 anime if you do not need a ring upgrade
    valinor light of eons 250 anime
    not much to goo on 140 anime
    gormling toss spirit glen 105 anime
    deadly reminder 105

bet on yourself 105 anime (Up every single day, so if you want lots of anime come here)
    summon your sins 70 anime
    rotbriar trouble 70 anime
    remedial lessons 70 anime
    pest removal 70 anime
    enemy of my mnemis 70 anime
    air supremecy 70 anime
    bolded are ones covenent specific (you require the anime conductor)

i just noticed i typed anime instead of anima, but fuck it not changing it.
    also i dont think you know what anecdotal means, anecdotal comes to evidance, someone clearing the game naked is fact, its not "anecdotal evidance" it is fact, it can be done and has been done, but blizzard should not balance the game around them, what word you are looking for is "outliers" people who fall outside the norm.

it is not anecdotal that people have cleared torghast twisting corridors layer 8 naked, it is FACTUAL.
    They are OUTLIERS, that blizzard should not balance the game around.
    What is anecdotal is my assumption that you don't know what anecdotal means... I am pretty sure its factual, but thats what makes it anecdotal.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-02-24 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    But they aren't the same every day. We don't know, if tomorrow we won't have 3x35 anima ones.

And yeah. Even playing this game super-casually - is f**king rocket science.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

But they aren't the same every day. We don't know, if tomorrow we won't have 3x35 anima ones.

Hoy christ you are still whining and moaning...

Felplague literally proved you wrong.

ATLEAST 700-800 anima a day from wqs and random shit.

There are days i deposit over 2k before i log off after the m+ change.

Do you ever listen to other people? Because your goal is always to moan about "too hard". You want to get everything but you literally don't want to play the game.
    Anima sources are now fine, you get tons of extra anima from raid and dungeons. You don't have to get cosmetic rewards in 2 weeks, they are literally cosmetic only better thing they could do would be if you got more anime from doing hard stuff but I guess we can live with that.

7+ Year Old Account

Except there is specific parameters set so that does not happen...

My question is - for whom this anima grind is intended for? For guys, who again, like back in BFA, play one character only? Because, you know, how can casual player grind that anima, if with minimal effort it would mean 1k anima per week and therefore whole covenant rewards, I guess, wouldn't be finished by the end of xpack. And with maximal effort it would mean, let's say, one item a week. I don't even talk about upgrades. But how can several characters be played in this case? Do you understand, that covenants are major casual content in SL and that whole point of playing covenant stuff - is to see all stories and get all rewards and upgrades? Otherwise it's pointless. So, it's again, like back in BFA, is pointless to play on more than one character? M?

And on a top of that Blizzard also add "no flying forever" isle as only new casual content. Because, you know, even new dungeon is, again, mythic only. This is just one big slap in a face.

Yeah, may be Blizzard tried to make SL better than BFA. But at the end they definitely return back to it. And nothing can be worse, than BFA.
    This is getting a bit pathetic now. You're not complaining about lack of content, you're complaining there is too much content to do on 4 or more characters, even though you've only been playing for a couple of months out of probably 2 years. "There's nothing to do because there is too much to do on four characters" is the worst complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Can you link your character?

Because pretty much anyone else I’ve talked to on the forums or in game have a completely different take on renown catchup and talk about how fast it is.

But you keep talking about how you can’t get caught up.
    I leveled a new char in the last 2 weeks, I literally went Renown 1 --> 30 in 8 days.

Renown drops from everywhere, dungeons, callings, raids. It's piss easy to catch up.

I admit, that Blizzard buffed anima rewards a little bit, because back in old days, when I just bought SL, 35 anima WQs were more common. But I still don't think, that this buff is enough. I still need to do how many WQs to earn this 800 anima? 10? Every day? On every character? For how long? And again. You say do this, do that. Do extra WQs, do M+, do raids. And I've already said, that it's too much for me. 1k anima. For calling. That is reasonable price.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I admit, that Blizzard buffed anima rewards a little bit, because back in old days, when I just bought SL, 35 anima WQs were more common.
    They weren't. They aren't more common now, either. It's just random and your memory is prioritising negatives because you're focusing on them so much.

I still need to do how many WQs to earn this 800 anima? 10? Every day? On every character? For how long?
    No. You literally don't. I dont. Neither do a million other players. You have decided you want every single cosmetic available. No one is forcing you to do this except yourself. Take a step back, a big breath, your meds, and realize its a video game. Either certain grinds are worth it to you or they aren't.

7+ Year Old Account
    I admit, that Blizzard buffed anima rewards a little bit, because back in old days, when I just bought SL, 35 anima WQs were more common. But I still don't think, that this buff is enough. I still need to do how many WQs to earn this 800 anima? 10? Every day? On every character? For how long? And again. You say do this, do that. Do extra WQs, do M+, do raids. And I've already said, that it's too much for me. 1k anima. For calling. That is reasonable price.
    they didnt buff anima world quest rewards, they are exactly the same as they always have been, you are just a liar. and i showed you how many world quests you need to do to earn this 800 anima. about 6 or 7. and if you get 800 a day yo uwill have way more then enough eventually.

that is your fault you are trying to keep 4 charecters maxed out at the launch of an expansion, what happened to your chart?

You yourself said you wanted to play an alt for awhile then swap to another, but you arnt doing what you say you want to, instead you are trying to do the top left, and play all 4 charecters at once.

Follow your own fucking chart you made, focus on one charecter, then when that one is all finished move onto the next, dont try to do fucking everything at once. if you focus on one at a time, and then once that charecter gets to the point you are literally just getting your weekly anima then logging off, start on your next charecter, rinse and repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They weren't. They aren't more common now, either. It's just random and your memory is prioritising negatives because you're focusing on them so much.
    The only thing that changes is that when a conduit world quest spawns, it instead gives you an anima world quest if you have the conduit already
    and i told him that but nah, he cant be wrong, so he drills in "NO BLIZZARD MUST HAVE BUFFED IT!"
    No, they have not touched anima world quest drops at all, just as you unlock conduits you unlock more anima world quests.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-02-24 at 02:50 PM.

The current design of the game is way too chore centric for the sake of keeping you busy, not because it’s fun

Example: I only want to raid tank mythic raid. I want to raid log in between and my skill be my metric of whether we progress or not. I shouldn’t have to do half a dozen chores and spend twice as much time outside of raid in game as I do in raid. This is the second expac in a row where they try and force systems on players, make them tied together, and if you don’t want to do them you are handicapping yourself.

If you enjoy raiding and only raiding... you still have to grind reknown, choreghast, m+, and rated pvp. It quickly turns it from a game into an unpaid part time job and is bad game design. Each system should be separate, with their own progression systems that are not linked in any way. You shouldn’t be forced to do content you don’t want to do to raid

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Follow your own fucking chart you made, focus on one charecter, then when that one is all finished move onto the next, dont try to do fucking everything at once. if you focus on one at a time, and then once that charecter gets to the point you are literally just getting your weekly anima then logging off, start on your next charecter, rinse and repeat.
    My chart says, that long term grind should be account-wide. Is anima grind account-wide? I can't switch to another character exactly because I can't finish my stuff on previous one. Currently SL content is a little bit broken. Too boring leveling. Just around 2 weeks of actual content, that is too watered, i.e. it would last for may be 2 days, if it wouldn't be time-gated. And then several months of pointless grind. Overall idea is right. Because anima rewards are guaranteed rewards, you can work towards. But grind itself is way too slow. Overall it's good, when current rewards can be obtained before next content patch, that will bring new rewards and new work to do. "Xpack-wide rewards" are just BS.

I've got tired of saying, that for me WOD patch 6.2 had ideal reward structure. It was almost immediate access to "endgame" content, i.e. Garrisons, so there was no reason to hurry with leveling. Very nice leveling. Ideal fun/time ratio. Then Tanaan, that was granting random item tokens, but this tokens and upgrades could be bought for appexises. It was about one token once in two days, resulting in about month of actual content. Then character could be switched to maintenance mode, i.e. logging in just to do Garrison stuff on it. It was taking about 2 more months to fully level Garrison. But it required so small effort, that I had time to play on next character. This was the most fun time in whole Wow's history. And only Draenor Classic can bring it back.

Did OP just call for WOD classic?! I’m no fan of current WoW direction at all, but wod wasn’t exactly the cream of the crop. Wod and bfa are universally accepted as the two worst expacs for different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The current design of the game is way too chore centric for the sake of keeping you busy, not because it’s fun
    It's clearly designed to keep / push MAUs. It's so obvious, Shadowlands is leaking this design approach in every aspect of its game design. It's designed to keep you busy with mostly unfun tasks as long as possible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account

Example: I only want to raid tank mythic raid. I want to raid log in between and my skill be my metric of whether we progress or not. I shouldn’t have to do half a dozen chores and spend twice as much time outside of raid in game as I do in raid. This is the second expac in a row where they try and force systems on players, make them tied together, and if you don’t want to do them you are handicapping yourself.

If you enjoy raiding and only raiding... you still have to grind reknown, choreghast, m+, and rated pvp. It quickly turns it from a game into an unpaid part time job and is bad game design. Each system should be separate, with their own progression systems that are not linked in any way. You shouldn’t be forced to do content you don’t want to do to raid
    To be frank this is mostly all bullshit. Theyve gutted the "mandatory" out of raid content so much this expansion specifically because of complaints from raiders. M+ had its rewards neutered. Torghast has nothing else once you've completed your legendary which by now should have been pretty fucking simple. Bosses in raids also drop renown.

Everybody else got fucking shafted this expansion (well except pvp I guess but I guarantee that's incoming). All in order to solve the imagine problem of being forced into participating in other content. OTHER PEOPLE CAN HAVE NICE THINGS.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

For someone that has limited time to play everyday, there is way too much stuff to do right now to try and keep up. TBC Classic will definitely be a breath of fresh air.

...Real reason: players unsub, because game isn't fun...
    This is the hard truth. Infinite grinds feel unrewarding... I remember playing the game for fun quest. There was the Muigin and Larion (Mario Bros) and Linken (Link) quest in Un'goro Carter that were fun little nods to video game culture. These are memorable unlike gathering anima each week by doing the same chores everyday. The little story quest that made you feel good because you completed something was it's own reward. Yes, I know at end game things must become repetitive because content is finite but it should still be fun. Torghast is almost there but it trips on the fail x times and you are out... regardless of how far you made it or how long it took you... that will never be ok. Your time invested should reward you with something. If not a fun amazing story then at least some form of progression.

I feel one issue in Shadowlands is too many currencies... Anima, Soul Ash, Stygia, Grateful Offerings, Redeemed Souls... not to mention Renown which works like a gated reputation. Each of these currencies have a daily/weekly limit or severely diminishing returns. This makes progression feel extremely slow and not worth the time invested. You never feel as though you have accomplished anything because the end goals are so far removed. Catchup mechanics in this regard make your playtime feel smoother... the way it 'should have been' at launch. I have not logged into WoW in 3 weeks... the Blizzcon panel tells me to wait another 6+ months for 9.1... so at this point I feel as though I will not be back on until the anniversary of Shadowlands. Which is unfortunate. By an large I enjoy WoW.... I just am not enjoying the grind this time around. Feels like a mobile game with no way to pay to skip the daily limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    There was gear progression in several ways. Like warfronts in BfA.
    Not high end gear but something to do.
    In SL, you get through the covenant quests and the WQ gear that is better than heroic dungeons and LFR and is mostly on par with normal raids. And you get that pretty quick. So after that there is nothing left to do for someone that doesn't M+ or heroic+ raids.
    It wasn't like that in older expansions.

Plus older expansion had other stuff to farm like pets in the islands or endgame zones to rebuild like Suramar. Something that makes you log in. In SL there is just the insane anima grind, thats it.
    We had that in Legion and BFA. It was called titanforging. The elites hated the filthy casuals having good stuff and having to grind old content and everyone else hated feeling pressured into doing content they didn't like in hopes of fishing up an upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They are still content. What is content isn't based on your personal preference, but on what the game actually offers.

You just keep making excuses, but the reality is going to remain that you're salty at a game that just doesn't fit your interests.
    Don't waste your time. He's been using that line since at least WoD.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's clearly designed to keep / push MAUs. It's so obvious, Shadowlands is leaking this design approach in every aspect of its game design. It's designed to keep you busy with mostly unfun tasks as long as possible.
    WoW has always been designed to keep people playing for extended periods, that's why since Vanilla we've had stuff like RNG loot, raid lockouts, busywork like reputation grinds and the ability to create alts to do it all over again. It's just before all the cool kids started using "MAU" as a buzzword people liked having stuff to do, in fact arguably the worst expansion for giving people a reason to stay subbed was WoD and that got massively slagged off.

- - - Updated - - -

Did OP just call for WOD classic?! I’m no fan of current WoW direction at all, but wod wasn’t exactly the cream of the crop. Wod and bfa are universally accepted as the two worst expacs for different reasons
    I thought Cata was universally accepted as the worst expac for lacklustre level-cap content and gutting the talent trees. Or was it MoP for being too cute and cuddly. Or TBC for destroying raids and ruining the mediaeval fantasy with space sci-fi. Or WotLK for destroying raids even more and making everything else easy-mode for babies. Or [every expansion] for taking a massive dump on the lore, or [the following expansion] for smearing the poop around. Or Vanilla for destroying what MMOs are supposed to be by putting the major content in instances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    For someone that has limited time to play everyday, there is way too much stuff to do right now to try and keep up. TBC Classic will definitely be a breath of fresh air.
    The OP's version of limited time is 4+ hours every evening plus extra time during quiet periods at work, and his complaint about content is there's nothing to do because there is so much he can't possibly do it on four or more characters simultaneously so he doesn't want to do any of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We had that in Legion and BFA. It was called titanforging. The elites hated the filthy casuals having good stuff and having to grind old content and everyone else hated feeling pressured into doing content they didn't like in hopes of fishing up an upgrade.
    And yet the simplest solution to that was to only allow War/Titanforging to take you up to the next level (i.e. Raid Finder TF = Normal Normal, Normal TF = Hard Normal etc.) and use a currency to buy the upgrades if RNG works against you.