Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Remember when this was a joke? (sighs)
    Who was joking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don Hertzfeldt is truly a gem. And a multiple Academy Award nominee for his short animated films!

I know this because I am a consumer whore.

(And how!)
    Indeed. Just check the sig.

Remember when this was a joke? (sighs)

Who gets vaccinated next? Florida’s the only state that doesn’t tell you.

Link to study.

The US has (during Trump's time at least) handled COVID arguably the worst of the first-world countries. Well, it's starting to look like Flordai:US::US:World.
    Perhaps DeSantis saw how alienating seniors by going with Trump's strategy of "if you die, you die" put Florida's swing state-status uncomfortably more blue than he'd like and he's trying to re-cinch up that demographic.

Because at this rate if calling Joe Biden a puppet of Bernie and AOC ever stops working, Florida is sunk for the GOP.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    This springs to mind.

How.. christmassy?

donald trump has proven he (or anyone similar really) can get away with anything with money and power.

these criminal allegations won't go anywhere in a world that increasingly advocates murder and intimidation as optimal solutions to your problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    donald trump has proven he (or anyone similar really) can get away with anything with money and power.

these criminal allegations won't go anywhere in a world that increasingly advocates murder and intimidation as optimal solutions to your problems.
    All he's proven is that Senate republicans are bootlickers that lack the spine to do the right thing.

He's not quite out of the woods yet when he gets put in an actual criminal court, instead of what's ostensibly a political process in the senate.

He can't stave off the current investigations anymore. He has no DoJ memo defending him from investigations from New York, and now the new administration. I guarantee Merrick Garland will be investigating him.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He can't stave off the current investigations anymore. He has no DoJ memo defending him from investigations from New York, and now the new administration. I guarantee Merrick Garland will be investigating him.
    well like a lot of people say, Donald Trump is not only a politician but a criminal mastermind with alleged neo-nazi power bases. And considering how the cartels or major underworld organizations can get away with so much, who is to say Trump can't? He's arguably more terrifying in the way he has weaved his way into political power ala Pablo Escobar.

In the real world, you can't do much to such a person/people for all the posturing. Most people stop at the first signs of intimidation tactics.

well like a lot of people say, Donald Trump is not only a politician but a criminal mastermind with alleged neo-nazi power bases. And considering how the cartels or major underworld organizations can get away with so much, who is to say Trump can't? He's arguably more terrifying in the way he has weaved his way into political power ala Pablo Escobar.

In the real world, you can't do much to such a person/people for all the posturing. Most people stop at the first signs of intimidation tactics.
    Yeah, don't think anyone is scared of that fat orange moron.

Well, we do have a real life example of this not being true. Remember Al Capone? The IRS sure did and got him when the FBI couldn't. Same will happen with Trump. One thing that I've learned over time is that you can get away with murder but you screw over the IRS(or any taxation authority), you're ass is going to jail. Think of this, the IRS doesn't give a damn if you got your money from getting paid from selling drugs, killing someone or any other major crime. All they want is their cut of it. And the thing is, multiple mob bosses have gone to jail over the years for the same thing. Not from ordering hits against anyone, not from selling drugs or robbing people. They all went to prison for tax evasion.

Remember kids, report ALL income to the IRS no matter where it comes from.
    Last edited by gondrin; 2021-02-24 at 10:35 AM.

well like a lot of people say, Donald Trump is not only a politician but a criminal mastermind
    the only people who think he's any kind of a mastermind refuse to admit that he's a criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Without going into too much detail, I am friends with a gay couple who want to fuck on it out of spite. HIGHLY doubt they go through with it because it's really out of character for at least one of them, but I get the impression it's a prevailing thought in their local circle of friends.
    To quote a tweet I saw the other day: "If Rush Limbaugh hated unisex toilets so much, why is his gravesite going to be one?"
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

What does the state of NY know about going after mobsters......
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Why do you support all of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I find it so ironic that you supported all of that corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Remember kids, report ALL income to the IRS no matter where it comes from.
    Yeah, but don't tax crimes still need a jury trial? You are never going to get a jury without at least a couple Trump cultists in it. And they will never vote to convict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Yeah, but don't tax crimes still need a jury trial? You are never going to get a jury without at least a couple Trump cultists in it. And they will never vote to convict.
    Jurors can be thrown out after trial starts if it's clear they are not impartial.

Obviously this is rarely done and difficult to apply, but if the jury foreman basically has proof that one/two jurors are just refusing all evidence, logic, and reason, then that juror cannot serve impartially.

I'm sure @cubby knows more about this, all I have is "this can happen".

Jurors can be thrown out after trial starts if it's clear they are not impartial.

Obviously this is rarely done and difficult to apply, but if the jury foreman basically has proof that one/two jurors are just refusing all evidence, logic, and reason, then that juror cannot serve impartially.

I'm sure @cubby knows more about this, all I have is "this can happen".
    I mean, maybe ... but I think the optics of having to throw out multiple trump supporting jurists, in order to get a conviction will be REALLY bad. I mean, trump and his followers think he's getting railroaded NOW. If that happens, they will never shut up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, maybe ... but I think the optics of having to throw out multiple trump supporting jurists, in order to get a conviction will be REALLY bad. I mean, trump and his followers think he's getting railroaded NOW. If that happens, they will never shut up about it.
    As opposed to them not shutting up about having won the election, or them not shutting up about *insert X wild conspiracy*.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    As opposed to them not shutting up about having won the election, or them not shutting up about *insert X wild conspiracy*.
    I know, its just so f*ing depressing we have to deal with these people for the foreseeable future.

And really, my concern is, that when/if Trump actually is put in jail for something, there WILL be protests. And violence. And the more "unfair" the proceedings seem, the worse the violence will be.
    Last edited by solinari6; 2021-02-24 at 03:11 PM.

True that all felonies are to be tried in front of a jury but it would take place in NYC where we know that Trump is really not liked by a lot of people there. I'm pretty sure it is easy to get a jury to convict there. At the pretrial jury selection, you can remove a juror for nearly any reason(if a lawyer is deceptive enough, literally any reason).

Doesn't matter. You won't want to take the time to do defense.
    It's like a car accident that totals both vehicles; neither side will be happy regardless of liability.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, trump and his followers think he's getting railroaded NOW. If that happens, they will never shut up about it.
    When have they ever shut up?