Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    But that’s just not true just look at stuff like the Cenarian circle curing the plague lands or them helping the Gilneans or a ton of other night elf quest.

The night elfs might have not helped the blood elfs but they are constantly helping others for no gain.
    Not to mention that the Wardens have prisoners from lay lands that never touched Kalimndor.
    That helped the eternal night.
    That Druidism was taught to the Tauren.
    Who gave asylum to the Dranei.

And I'm sure something is more.

Liandri is just being hypocritical. But that's fine for her racial character.
    As the Kaldorei they will always say that they are superior. Even if they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Ever since Metzen left the Horde feeling is gone.
    You either need to get along with the red Alliance idea or move on and forget about Warcraft.
    The problem is that you have "the sorry monsters who cannot improve because of their race" or Praise the all powerful humans.

Wish the "red alliance" was an option. Or the Blue alliance.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-02-24 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not rly, Horde was far up ahead even without old god magic, and even without total full support from the other leaders

Golden didn't create or made that book up, they said to her what she was supposed to write, her job in the book and what was her own doing was the dialogues and to flesh out his emotions/personality.(and that seems like her job in blizzard, doing dialogues, not rly creating new lore)

But this is even pointless since thrall from lord of the clans is a totally different character than he is now

the night elves also are the kaldorei empire

stormwind passed years killing trolls and gnolls and taking their territory too.

Horde didn't hide or have shame about that, centaurs were the genocides, we just stop they being bloodthirsty. They and the quilboar, since they didn't want tob e in good terms

Thats the horde bias from blizzard, making the horde villains and whitewashing what the alliance does in wow

you would be surprised of how few people rly want that and wanted sylvanas as leader, most of the horde players still want and like the hrode from wc3 and vanilla-cata
    Night elves are not their Empire. Those night elves that lived in Teldrassil and generally on Kalimdor were descendants of lowborne night elves and completely renounced the empire, hating everything about it (which prompted ceasless whinging from high elves) while high elves and nightborne cant stop cosplaying the Empire.

Also i HIGHLY doubt that people dislike sylvanas in majority. Formus were almost bursting apart from shitshow fiesta after Teld, with horde dancing konga (not literally of course) and having a time of their lives insulting and mocking Alliance. They only "sobered up" a bit later... when they realized that there WILL be consequences.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love Ally fans /flexing their (bland af) moral superiority, which is nothing but the product of years and years of writers sweeping Alliance poo under the carpet, if not outright whitewashing it. But Ally fans still have the gall to mumble something about Horde Bias™.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I love Ally fans /flexing their (bland af) moral superiority, which is nothing but the product of years and years of writers sweeping Alliance poo under the carpet, if not outright whitewashing it. But Ally fans still have the gall to mumble something about Horde Bias™.
    Oh i would trade that moral highground any time for a few genocides of horde races. And not like some "on the page 166 of book 12" but a real banger with your pathetic people crying on the ground while Alliance "monster" spears your children to the wall or something equally graphic and gruesome.

But there IS bias and it says "horde shall never be hurt for real or shown as weak, inept or powerless" so we cant have Alliance actually beating you and making it hurt. That would... oh horror... make horde less metal and kewl.
    Hence i am playing with cards i was given because without "moral highground" Alliance got NOTHING ELSE LEFT. Even "defensive" nature of it was stripped away since they cant even defend themselves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Oh i would trade that moral highground any time for a few genocides of horde races. And not like some "on the page 166 of book 12" but a real banger with your pathetic people crying on the ground while Alliance "monster" spears your children to the wall or something equally graphic and gruesome.
    Alliance isn't allowed to have their BS shown in detail, it might spoil its fans' LARP'ing as knights in shining armour. So I'd say that you're in the minority, and as such SoL.

Alliance isn't allowed to have their BS shown in detail, it might spoil its fans' LARP'ing as knights in shining armour. So I'd say that you're in the minority, and as such SoL.
    "Minority"? People wanted that even before BfA. After BfA almost entire Alliance wants to put horde through ten rounds of Saw.

I just hope they're done with big faction conflicts for a long time. It's generally the least interesting part of the expansions it comes up in a lot for me. And they couldn't even do BFA without basically using the same plot beats from MOP's war story.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Minority"? People wanted that even before BfA. After BfA almost entire Alliance wants to put horde through ten rounds of Saw.
    Nah, most Ally fans seem to have fully converted to Anduinism, if these boards are an actual representation.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even if you pulled up the carpet the bad things done by the alliance pale
    In comparison to the horde with the worse of them being done by people who are long dead while the horde is still filled with people who took part in there worse actions.

As far as bias goes though I’d say material victory’s like south shore teldasila ect are way better then moral victory’s.

Nah, most Ally fans seem to have fully converted to Anduinism, if these boards are an actual representation.
    Not true. Even this forums at least has it 50/50 , official US forums (since EU is dead) have it more leaning towards “put horde into a CBT chamber and lock them up for a week”.

Also i would settle for Alliance just being more passive but good on defense but we cant HAVE EVEN THAT.

5+ Year Old Account
    Even if you pulled up the carpet the bad things done by the alliance pale.
    Probably, but it would be a good start nevertheless.

This whole talk of bias is funny, because it's just "Blizz is biased toward your faction!" "no u!" with equally-fallacious arguments riddling both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a personal problem you have with Alliance or Alliance players. Which is understandable but this is a game where players have no control over the story. The Horde is the most fleshed out story with characters that have a lasting impact on the faction war. Players want to feel a sense of pride for their choice with high stakes.

The writers were always too afraid to give Alliance (the faction, not individual neutral characters) any power and instead chose to give them moral superiority (participation trophy) over any impactful gain. The Alliance hasn't been a serious faction ever since the original writers circlejerked over Horde. It was easier for them to build upon a fantastical group of outcasts over knights and elves. It shows that they really didn't give a crap about Alliance as a whole save for the neutral overarching characters.

I can't say anything about the current writing because it's only been 2 expansions in and this is the first time they have connected story threads. They're also focusing on a big picture and not proxy wars.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2021-02-24 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can’t be a moral compass and stand by/defend a genocide.
    it is MORALLY GREY
    or u talking about non nelf? I mean MC an ex-human is of course evil, but burning alive innocent civilians women and children is MORALLY GREY not evil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    This sounds like a personal problem you have with Alliance or Alliance players. Which is understandable but this is a game where players have no control over the story. The Horde is the most fleshed out story with characters that have a lasting impact on the faction war. Players want to feel a sense of pride for their choice with high stak
    Sorry what?
    Alliance ancient history of wiping out trolls alone dwarf everything horde did, including burning of Teldrassil (assuming first it is evil not MORALLY GREY of course), that's just 'start' of alliance history
    Horde having horrible evil (and flat out sh8t with ping pong personality) doesn't make them bias, if anything it proves they are biased proving that horde is pure sh8t
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Night elves are not their Empire. Those night elves that lived in Teldrassil and generally on Kalimdor were descendants of lowborne night elves and completely renounced the empire, hating everything about it (which prompted ceasless whinging from high elves) while high elves and nightborne cant stop cosplaying the Empire.
    Malfurion and tyrande are not descendants of the kaldorei of old and the night elves actually took the old kaldorei mages in their wing once again per cata.

Completely renounce the empire but they still showed their xenophobic ways later.

over all seems pretty hypocrite to excuse then when people like to fill their mouth to talk about the horde and "crimes of old" when most of the orcs today are not even part of the "crimes of old"

Also i HIGHLY doubt that people dislike sylvanas in majority. Formus were almost bursting apart from shitshow fiesta after Teld, with horde dancing konga (not literally of course) and having a time of their lives insulting and mocking Alliance. They only "sobered up" a bit later... when they realized that there WILL be consequences.
    foruns are an extremely minor and loud minority, you can find barely, BARELY, hundreads in a community of milions

You are entirely cherrypicking this, Just going on the official foruns, you can see is always the same group of people talking and defending about Sylvanus, and they are almost exclusively made for undead and blood elves, we all know the elf fanbase is the worst

in other hand we can find way more true horde saying that was bullshit and wanting sylvanus had to go away, cause it made no sense for her to continue since we put down garrosh for less in not even 4 years before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The problem is that most of the original creators of the lore are long gone from Blizzard so what we are left with is someone else's bastardized interpretation
    Somebody better not tell you the people who invented Superman and Batman are long gone and there have been dozens of writers since then.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh i would trade that moral highground any time for a few genocides of horde races.
    you said that, but when alliance even attempt to do that people start complaining in every media and feedback saying the alliance can't do that

hell, even the vulpera scenario where alliance kill then, something totally fair in a war, was changed after the feedback on beta, so the alliance only spooky then

But there IS bias and it says "horde shall never be hurt for real or shown as weak, inept or powerless" so we cant have Alliance actually beating you and making it hurt. That would... oh horror... make horde less metal and kewl.
    how horde shall never be hurt for real? horde is shambles since mop, all leaders dying and gone, character assassination, faction dying from the inside does even resemble what it once was with all the hippie multicultural love they are trying to pass, they even make the horde beat and kill horde, while alliance don't even need to lift a finger. Horde in essence, is dead.

The point is the alliance is too good to hurt the horde pretty hard, the horde is to stupid and will hurt themselves, this is the horde bias tm?

Hence i am playing with cards i was given because without "moral highground" Alliance got NOTHING ELSE LEFT. Even "defensive" nature of it was stripped away since they cant even defend themselves.
    thats rly not true, you are just focusing too much on the night elves, and the world neither the alliance revolves around then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Somebody better not tell you the people who invented Superman and Batman are long gone and there have been dozens of writers since then.
    His point is not wrong, is some stories about then that suck, others are very good, it depends on the writer, exactly because their different interpretation.

Completely renounce the empire but they still showed their xenophobic ways later.
    Yes But again. The Kaldorei will never start a war over Xenophobia. And no matter how xenophobic they are, they tend to seek peace and help others.

It would be good if Blizzard let the Kaldorei be truly xenophobic and that it is not just a description to put some defect in the air that then will never be shown in the Game.

And they did not attack the Horde for invading their lands and are aggressive towards the Eternal Night for their betrayal. Xenophobia is irrational, it is without a real motive.

While on the other hand, the ones that seem to have an irreconcilable hatred towards other races is the Horde .... BFA destroyed the Horde forever, no matter how much we dislike it.

hell, even the vulpera scenario where alliance kill then, something totally fair in a war, was changed after the feedback on beta, so the alliance only spooky then
    The Vulpera were not a race of the Horde at the time.

Instead when Tyrande forgave Horde soldiers the fans complained.

5+ Year Old Account
    the same group of people talking and defending about Sylvanus, and they are almost exclusively made for undead and blood elves, we all know the elf fanbase is the worst.
    Hey, I'm a belf fan and I'm tired af of the Morally Grey™ lady and her 5D chess. Moreso now that she's in full sobbing mode.

you said that, but when alliance even attempt to do that people start complaining in every media and feedback saying the alliance can't do that

how horde shall never be hurt for real? horde is shambles since mop, all leaders dying and gone, character assassination, faction dying from the inside does even resemble what it once was with all the hippie multicultural love they are trying to pass, they even make the horde beat and kill horde, while alliance don't even need to lift a finger. Horde in essence, is dead.

The point is the alliance is too good to hurt the horde pretty hard, the horde is to stupid and will hurt themselves, this is the horde bias tm?

thats rly not true, you are just focusing too much on the night elves, and the world neither the alliance revolves around then.

- - - Updated - - -

His point is not wrong, is some stories about then that suck, others are very good, it depends on the writer, exactly because their different interpretation.
    Some stories are good, some stories suck. And some stories are good but the readers are so jaded they don't even bother trying to understand it or just take a first glance at it and write it off without even understanding it. Remember lolpandas? Being too cute and fuzzy, and not Warcraft. Completely forgetting we had the desecration of pristine lands, innocent people dragged into a race war, genocidal old god minions, tyrannical insane titan minions, a new world war, a civil war, and massive casualties. But does anyone think about that? No. Because they got as far as lolpandas and turned off their brains. People boil the story down tropes and the characters down to caricatures and preach to others that their headcanon is reality.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.