Watching Kiara sing Leaving on a jet plane and then just breaking down crying and Cali comforting was so emotional and wholesome.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Spider Isekai - episode 7

Of the different eye spells, I would have gone for Charmed Eye. Sure, with the Evil Eye, she can just obliterate things, and with 8 eyes it has basically turned into Diablo 3 where she can waltz around anywhere and kill anything she likes, but charming other beings would be far more useful, IMO. It'd allow you to walk into a human town, charm the humans, and... not immediately get killed? I mean, if I was reincarnated as a spider, I'd sure like to be able to interact with other humans without being killed, and the charm spell creates that opportunity. Prevents them from immediately smashing you, so you can talk to them, and they realize "oh crap this thing is a person!".

The ruler ability seems to be the most powerful ability in the game. All that elf lady has to do is touch her target and then bam, target is hard nerfed to level 1. She just needs to use a freeze spell, or use superspeed to safely make contact with her target and that's game over.

I really have to wonder why the dude thought he could kill Schlain and take over the kingdom as king. It seems that the dude forgot that this is a world in which there are tons of super powerful wizards who are waaaaaaaayyy more powerful than him. One of those super powerful wizards is Schlain's elder brother, Julius. Did this dude seriously think he had a chance?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-20 at 04:51 PM.

danmachi s3 well this season was quite a bit better than s2. although at the end it just seems to continue the path of nothing actually ever happens

more sharo love though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? Ep 8 ..... lol that reference to other anime.

Started reading Spice and Wolf and I fucking love it so far.

Inspired by Ina's read along?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Inspired by Ina's read along?
    Actually i started over a week ago after finishing the WN for Mushoku Tensei and i saw that there was a sequel novel to Spice and Wolf and i decided it was about time i read it for what people say the best waifu ever.

Holo should have gotten with Amarti.

He wasnt worthy of Holo unlike Lawrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, Yuru Camp is going to fucking give me diabetes

Started watching Honey and Clover last night.

Is pretty charming. I think I'm going to stick with it. I also like the rustic 1990's look (of the timeperiod the story is set in. The anime was made in 2005).

I'm rooting for Shinobu to win the love triangle, but given that he isn't the main character front and center on the cover art, I'm guessing he won't. Awww

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the girl's character design, and behavior... is weird. No way "she's 18"; she barely comes up to half of Shinobu's waist and acts like a shy kindergartener. Maybe she'll be fleshed out more as she opens up, but... I'm getting unusual vibes here, the kind that make me go "uh... okay"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also, bonus points for the originality of the anime opening. The song sucks but the visuals are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Auc:

A single youtuber fixed the anime. (also manga and this original anime visuals are so different)

High-rise Invasion was enjoyable. It gets pretty hectic and pretty crazy right off the bat, but it's also interesting. It has a lot of fan service, but my wife still found it so enjoyable that we binged it in one night. She doesn't binge-watch anything, and she's really picky with her anime (steins;gate, paranoia agent, ergo proxy being an example of one she absolutely loves), so the fact that she actually wanted to continue watching it even more than me is surprising. Worth the watch amidst all the generic slice-of-life and isekai garbage currently airing

Attack on Titan chapter 138

Spoiler: 

Very sad to see Connie, Jean, and Gabi die, along with the Marleyan cast's families. I hope Onyankopon lives but the odds are grim (unless literally all of the titans were commanded to ignore the humans and just rush straight for the slime).

Really, really sucks for Reiner, Annie, and Pieck. They have no where left to go. They are utterly hated by Paradis for bringing down the walls way back when. Their families are dead, and there are pretty much no Eldians left on the mainland, as most died during the rumbling, and the survivors here on the mountain have all died. They have no real bonds with the Marleyans, or anyone else in the world. The only people they have left are the handful of Survey Corps survivors, but, again, even if the Survey Corps was sympathetic, it is just unlikely that Reiner, Annie, and Pieck could retire in Paradis. Well, I guess their faces haven't been plastered across newspapers, and almost everyone who knew what they looked like is dead, so I guess they could hypothetically return to Paradis with Mikasa/Armin/Levi and live out their days on the island in some village.

I don't know what will happen with Falco. He could go back to the family he and Gabi hung out with for a few days at Paradis. Or, if Reiner/Annie/Pieck are allowed to live in Paradis, Falco could hang with them.

Hanging threads left for the epilogue in next month's chapter:

• Did Onyankopon live? What does he do next?
    • Did Lady Kiyomi and the crew of the ship make it safely to land? What happened to their homeland?
    • Did Krista successfully gave birth to her child? What happened to her child? Who took up the role of the father, or even if the child was even considered royalty?
    • What about the future relations between Paradis and other countries?
    • What happened to the surviving nations are facing as they were inundated with refugees?
    • Will the northern side of the continent/peninsula is ever restored for habitation?
    • What happens to the Eldian curse/curse of Ymir? Will random people still be condemned with the superpower and die after a few years? Or will the curse be broken?
    • What happens to Mikasa/Armin/Levi/Reiner/Annie/Pieck/Falco after?

Spider Isekai - episode 9

It's dumb that literally no is able to recognize "hm... demon forces are setting up near every military installation and place of strategic importance in the world... I think they are about to launch a simultaneous world wide invasion!".

Seriously guys; this isn't hard. And don't give me the "the human kingdoms didn't know because the demons are using magic to hide themselves!" because there are a thousand different ways that the demon army's movements would be detected. You could have human mages using illusion magic to disguise themselves or familiars to infiltrate the demon armies. You could have mages using far sight or a palantir to see their movements from miles away (hell even a muggle using a scope would do). You could have telepathic people listening in on telepathic chatter, and even if they couldn't understand the language, they'd definitely know something is up. Or you could have mages searching for high levels of demonic energy, or whatever. Even muggles would see it coming, as I presume demons have to eat food. Which means that the demons have supply chains. Sorry guys, you just can't hide armies like that.

I was rather disappointed that the big bro died. Shun didn't need to become "the hero who everyone will look up to and save the world". I thought it was pretty refreshing that he was the younger brother/second prince. Perhaps his brother would become king, while Shun would inherit a smaller territory, or marry into another kingdom, or something. Or become a minister working for his brother. Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Spider Isekai - episode 9

It's dumb that literally no is able to recognize "hm... demon forces are setting up near every military installation and place of strategic importance in the world... I think they are about to launch a simultaneous world wide invasion!".

Seriously guys; this isn't hard. And don't give me the "the human kingdoms didn't know because the demons are using magic to hide themselves!" because there are a thousand different ways that the demon army's movements would be detected. You could have human mages using illusion magic to disguise themselves or familiars to infiltrate the demon armies. You could have mages using far sight or a palantir to see their movements from miles away (hell even a muggle using a scope would do). You could have telepathic people listening in on telepathic chatter, and even if they couldn't understand the language, they'd definitely know something is up. Or you could have mages searching for high levels of demonic energy, or whatever. Even muggles would see it coming, as I presume demons have to eat food. Which means that the demons have supply chains. Sorry guys, you just can't hide armies like that.

I was rather disappointed that the big bro died. Shun didn't need to become "the hero who everyone will look up to and save the world". I thought it was pretty refreshing that he was the younger brother/second prince. Perhaps his brother would become king, while Shun would inherit a smaller territory, or marry into another kingdom, or something. Or become a minister working for his brother. Etc.
    But thing is he didnt want to be that. Its a big fu -- to him. Also at least now we know that there are 2 timelines.
    Spider adverture = Past
    School and other stuff = Present

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    at least now we know that there are 2 timelines.
    Spider adverture = Past
    I thought that was made clear a few episodes ago, when Julius (in the present day) went to the spider's cave and met the spider MC (who is way more powerful and intimidating than the past spider MC we're seeing now). Julius thought he had obliterated her, but then we see that she had actually popped vanish/stealth/invisibility and was tailing him out of the cave.

So I guess spider MC and Shun are eventually going to meet up and take down the demon lord.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was made clear a few episodes ago, when Julius (in the present day) went to the spider's cave and met the spider MC (who is way more powerful and intimidating than the past spider MC we're seeing now). Julius thought he had obliterated her, but then we see that she had actually popped vanish/stealth/invisibility and was tailing him out of the cave.

So I guess spider MC and Shun are eventually going to meet up and take down the demon lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh true, but it could also be any other normal monster there.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/4hw6jBa.png
    Nothing was following them out of the cave. Julius is simply pondering what the Nightmare's Vestige seemed so afraid of, and the visual behind him is just his memories, nothing more. The monster they fought is 100% dead. I thought the anime was pretty clear about that, but I guess it wasn't enough.
    Last edited by Lightcaller; 2021-03-07 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But thing is he didnt want to be that. Its a big fu -- to him. Also at least now we know that there are 2 timelines.
    Spider adverture = Past
    Where was it clarified that there are two timelines? I know the LN has it, and know they exist, just saying I didn't see anything in the anime to highlight it.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2021-03-08 at 02:37 PM.