Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Aye.. was a real turn off to be a founder when people can just steal the things you get off it... like, what's the point then? :|

I'll be playing the game strictly F2P with zero micro transactions on my part.
    Yep, completely turned me off from playing. I learned my lesson in Lineage 2. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    The game is releasing soon! I actually hadn't heard of it before, but now I'm quite interested. It seems like it's a bit of EVE and Runescape combined. I've never played Runescape, but I really enjoy crafting and trading in games. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up, solely for the reasons that these type of games tend to take over my life, but I think it looks very interesting!

Deleted
    Whats your experience so far?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Whats your experience so far?
    I decided not to pick it up in the end. It's just too dangerous for me as I'll get hooked and not do any of the other things I enjoy doing

Deleted
    This game is hard to understand and get a hold on.

The PvE content is pretty much non existent, its bare bones to the point where if you enjoy PvE content, even as a filler, there isn't enough to sustain you. There is grouped non instanced areas, but they revolve around the same looking mobs as you killed 10 hours previous. The PvE content is there so you can farm fame on your items, that is it.

The PvP content revolves around 2 things mainly, 1 is roaming balls of ganking higher tier players and the other is the VERY occasional GvG stuff. The yellow+ zones are PvP enabled and the Red+ are gear drop on death, from the yellow zones up, you have T5+ groups ganking, with little to no competition. When they do get competition it becomes basically a MOBA minus the MOBA elements, so you have your group vs their group and it then boils down to composition, so if you turn up with a better comp, you win. The GvG stuff is SO infrequent, if you're relying upon this as a driving motivation, i would advise you not to.

So in the end, this is what you will spend 95% of the time doing:

1. Gathering items to increase your gathering skills, to gain access to higher tier nodes
    2. Crafting items to increase you crafting skill and unlock the ability to craft better gear
    3. Grinding endless amounts of the same mobs with certain items equipped, with no difference in the look of mobs, to unlock access to higher tier items
    4. Once you've reached a point you're happy with, you then go and find PvP, to either die and loose all your shit, then repeat step 1 -> 2 again or to kill people and loot their shit, which you probably have the same or better already equipped.
    5. You may, once in a month, get GvG based PvP

This is the core of Albion, outside of this, there is nothing.

And i spent $40 on this.......

Deleted
    This is a great video explaining everything about this game:

A MMO playable on iOS and Android? Wow this must be very dumbed down...

for those of you on this thread wondering about other peoples experience so far. Let me just say, i havent been this addicted to a game since WoW, its my first time playing a sandbox game so i cant really compare it to any other MMO i've played, it'd be like comparing apples to bananas. The only thing i can say is, if youre curious just try it, i am in a guild now and its amazing, so much fun. Im scared to even log in, i know i end playing for over 8 years straight. The only issue i have right now is that is evident that the devs werent ready for such an influx of players, so at times you'll get lag spikes due to over population, from what ive read though, they are working on a fix.
    Last edited by berdrek; 2017-07-26 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    This game is hard to understand and get a hold on.

The PvE content is pretty much non existent, its bare bones to the point where if you enjoy PvE content, even as a filler, there isn't enough to sustain you. There is grouped non instanced areas, but they revolve around the same looking mobs as you killed 10 hours previous. The PvE content is there so you can farm fame on your items, that is it.

The PvP content revolves around 2 things mainly, 1 is roaming balls of ganking higher tier players and the other is the VERY occasional GvG stuff. The yellow+ zones are PvP enabled and the Red+ are gear drop on death, from the yellow zones up, you have T5+ groups ganking, with little to no competition. When they do get competition it becomes basically a MOBA minus the MOBA elements, so you have your group vs their group and it then boils down to composition, so if you turn up with a better comp, you win. The GvG stuff is SO infrequent, if you're relying upon this as a driving motivation, i would advise you not to.

So in the end, this is what you will spend 95% of the time doing:

1. Gathering items to increase your gathering skills, to gain access to higher tier nodes
    2. Crafting items to increase you crafting skill and unlock the ability to craft better gear
    3. Grinding endless amounts of the same mobs with certain items equipped, with no difference in the look of mobs, to unlock access to higher tier items
    4. Once you've reached a point you're happy with, you then go and find PvP, to either die and loose all your shit, then repeat step 1 -> 2 again or to kill people and loot their shit, which you probably have the same or better already equipped.
    5. You may, once in a month, get GvG based PvP

This is the core of Albion, outside of this, there is nothing.

And i spent $40 on this.......
    Well think that the money you spend on it will save many from doing the same error
    You are a Hero my friend! .D

Deleted
    Full loot pvp is just awesome. Meta-game of Albion is very similar to EVE Online where a market is very stable so if somebody looks for the great game where can sell everything after years of play by websites like this one where you can buy albion online gold https://www.sellersandfriends.com/albion/global/silver I can highly reccommend this website 100% legit.
    Last edited by mmocf34d30be30; 2018-08-03 at 09:29 AM.

Bump, anybody else out there playing this at the moment? The new Call to arms update looks exciting!

I think this game has done a great job creating different zones with different risk/rewards, plus the reputation system. It seems it really helps to get people slowly accustomed with PvP and to defy the risks in red and black zones.

Quote Originally Posted by francisbaud View Post
    I think this game has done a great job creating different zones with different risk/rewards, plus the reputation system. It seems it really helps to get people slowly accustomed with PvP and to defy the risks in red and black zones.
    Yea I bought the game when it first came out and only played it for a short time but decided to revisit it a few months ago and was really impressed with all the changes. I was only playing casually on my own at first so stuck to the safe areas to get re-accustomed to the game. Now I've joined a guild and I've been living in the roads or black zone quite happily.

The new update should help new players get a taste the action earlier as they can take part in faction wars in the safe zone without losing their gear.

I started playing again recently. It would be a great game if it wasn't pay to win.

Anyone still playing this? This is probably the first sandbox/isometric MMO I've tried again since initially playing Runescape back in 2003/2004. I can't decide if I like it still, or if I should stick with it. There's something pretty satisfying about the combat in my opinion it's just fun grinding mobs while listening to podcasts. I know I won't get very far as a solo player but I just wanted to hear others' thoughts.

Also, I'm really bummed out you lose your gear on death in PvP.

I tried it and I think I would have loved it if it came out like 10+ years ago, just not the style of game I like anymore. It looks solid for those who do like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Anyone still playing this? This is probably the first sandbox/isometric MMO I've tried again since initially playing Runescape back in 2003/2004. I can't decide if I like it still, or if I should stick with it. There's something pretty satisfying about the combat in my opinion it's just fun grinding mobs while listening to podcasts. I know I won't get very far as a solo player but I just wanted to hear others' thoughts.

Also, I'm really bummed out you lose your gear on death in PvP.
    I'm still playing, I'm in a guild but I mainly play solo. I can see why the losing gear thing would put a lot of people off but it's a lot kinder than other games I played and you can do tons in the safe blue and yellow zones. When I go to the full loot zones I just take what I can afford to lose and it's really not a problem, I died quite a bit at first but now I hardly get caught at all.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I'm still playing, I'm in a guild but I mainly play solo. I can see why the losing gear thing would put a lot of people off but it's a lot kinder than other games I played and you can do tons in the safe blue and yellow zones. When I go to the full loot zones I just take what I can afford to lose and it's really not a problem, I died quite a bit at first but now I hardly get caught at all.
    That's good to hear! Yeah, funnily enough I'm mostly a PvE player but I'm still enjoying it so far nonetheless. I'm working on a tank build using plate and mace/shield, which probably isn't best for PvP but ah well. I'm curious how long I'll stick with the game. Still haven't joined a guild yet but I hear it's pretty much necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    That's good to hear! Yeah, funnily enough I'm mostly a PvE player but I'm still enjoying it so far nonetheless. I'm working on a tank build using plate and mace/shield, which probably isn't best for PvP but ah well. I'm curious how long I'll stick with the game. Still haven't joined a guild yet but I hear it's pretty much necessary.
    Tanks are pretty useful and are utilized in most of the group pve and pvp activities. I've only really used that type of build in group dungeons so I don't really know about solo pvp but I think it can work. I usually go on the albion builds site for guides. the good thing about Albion is you can mix and match your stuff and try everything.

I only play for an hour or two a day and I mainly do solo dungeons or gathering because it's just chill, although recently I've been doing the faction fights in the yellow and blue zones which are pretty easy to jump into. I went guildless for ages and it works fine but then decided to join a guild to be more part of a community. I started off with a tax free one and was fun but didn't really have any direction so I moved to a 5% tax guild that doesn't have any mandatory stuff to do. You just have to watch out for the "potato farming" guilds.

I remember this game.
    Dear God, it was fucking tedious.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton