Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Seriously fuck that explanation, i cant take it as canon. What about the "countless" canon heroic Garroshes that werent correpted by the Sha? All of them getting tortured in Revendreth for their alt-self's sins?
    Yes that is indeed how the canon works. Our timeline is the prime timeline - so it has the most weight. That the other Garroshes are heroic, doesn't mean they are without sin either. Question is also if he is in Revendreth by design of the purpose, or by the machinations of the jailer & co to use him as an anima-battery like Kael.

I would imagine Garrosh being a raid encounter, but similar to Kael in a redemption/rescue mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Yes that is indeed how the canon works. Our timeline is the prime timeline - so it has the most weight.
    Except our timeline isn't the prime timeline, haven't you been being attention in Cataclysm? Nozdormu prevented the correct timeline from happening by bringing in the Dragon Soul from the past to alter the future. We're living in an offshoot timeline ever since. We're living on borrowed time.

The correct timeline was Deathwing winning and killing everything. That was what was supposed to happen.

Aside from that, Garrosh was a good leader in all timelines except ours (I don't agree, he was fine in ours) and yet is punished in all forms for that one timeline that was different. None of it makes sense. Blizzard's storytelling is so f*cked these days.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    “The Jailer's inner sanctum, naturally, is a place for some of the worst of the worst souls sent for the Jailer's personal torment, and we will be seeing some of those souls here as well. Really looking forward to hearing who do you think who'll show up in the Jailer's personal torment sanctum.”

What past villains do you think will show up and what kind of Boss fight will they be?

I want to see Othmar Garithos finally return.

I would like the boss fight as a council fight but with the twist of the bosses in phases of working together and against each other.
    I absolutely love that idea, like even if it's just for flavor.
    I tire of monolithic enemies that work together for shoddy reasons, let us see more dissent in gameplay mechanics so that we can see and feel it.
    Show, don't tell!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys seen nathanos again yet after Tyrande killed him? If not, him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    ...only the pocket of Alternate-Past Draenor exists outside of the Main Reality.
    Not insulting YOU at all, but can we all stop for a second and acknowledge how fucking stupid this fact is?

The idea that Garithos is Maw-worthy is absolutely laughable, but I wouldn't really discount it, given the writing staff. The Galactus expy ate planets and Krastinov chopped up thousands in medical torture but at least they weren't rayciss.

On-topic: Gul'dan seems a definite. Tarragrue, Eye of the Jailer, Iron Maiden Guy, Sylvanas, Kel'thuzad brings up to 6. I can't see Nathanos not being brought up by now yet being a boss and I see Helya being part of an Eye of the Jailer fight, not her own thing. In terms of other candidates, I see a Dreadlord, be it an established one or wise, Mal'ganis seems a good pick and a Kyrian of some description as well as a general figure with an add gimmick.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-02-24 at 08:27 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope, she is the first mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. This is stated on the official WoW website.
    A few things have been stated. Not all of them are necessarily true. Website lore has been altered in retrospect of new developments before - I may be making a fool of myself here and misremembering, but I'm fairly certain the official lore, for example, used to be that the Draenei have been fleeing for 25,000 years rather than 13,000, simply one of numerous examples of details mentioned in passing changing. Add to that how even before Alleria, there were most Shadow Priests in the Conclave, and before them Natalie Seline.

More importantly, "first mortal to defy the Shadow's whispers" seems to not be a very permanent title. It is entirely possible in some futures that Alleria goes insane, meaning that it's moreso the "first mortal to defy the shadow's whispers unless proven otherwise". There remains a pretty distinct possibility she's going to lose it in the future. There's no real indication it'll turn out any better for her than anyone else.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-02-24 at 08:33 PM.

ner'zhul is all but confirmed.
    one of the bosses will be the "souls of the damned" and ner'zhul is comfirmed to be one of those who the jailer has a personal issue with.
    only question is, will he die for real this time (most likely option, looking at blizzards unworthy treatment of the character since WotLK) or will he have a larger role (fcking the jailer over, similar to what he did with the legion)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Seriously fuck that explanation, i cant take it as canon. What about the "countless" canon heroic Garroshes that werent correpted by the Sha? All of them getting tortured in Revendreth for their alt-self's sins?
    I won't disagree that it is stupid and unnecessary, but it is nontheless canon until Blizzard says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    What I expect:

- Helya and Mueh'zala (after he's freed through some bullshit), commanding the Mawsworn;
    This is what I'm watching closely: If they "resolve" Helya in the Maw raid, there is literally nothing left tying us to the launch storylines/locations except maybe the Elune hook or the light hook. The thing I love about doing the Maw Raid now is it leaves two patches of ???? for raid destinations! I expect "death comes for the soul of your world" to put us somewhere on Azeroth for 9.3 for a showdown with Zovaal!

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

-Artificer Xymox again, who has been given the info needed by the Sepulcher one of his Brokers went into (Remember, in Maldraxxus?), and is about to provide the secrets to the Jailer for a good profit. We aid Ven'ari in kicking his ass before the secrets from the Sepulcher are claimed.

I don't think those two broker are connected. Xy'mox is from cartel Xy and the broker in Maldraxxus is Ta'eran from cartel Ta. We know that cartel Ta collect curiosities and antiquities. We don't really know what cartel Xy does because Xy'mox is afaik the only member of cartel Xy we meet. Cartel Au does a lot of trading. All profession trainer in Oribos are from cartal Au and they also have a trading post in Bastion and there's the quest in Maldraxxus where we help cartel Au capture some mobs for the arena.

As for Ve'nari and cartel Ve. We know Ve'nari was sent into the maw to retrieve something for cartel Ve but never returned and actively hides from other agents of cartel Ve. I don't think Ve'nari will play a part in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I don't think those two broker are connected. Xy'mox is from cartel Xy and the broker in Maldraxxus is Ta'eran from cartel Ta. We know that cartel Ta collect curiosities and antiquities. We don't really know what cartel Xy does because Xy'mox is afaik the only member of cartel Xy we meet. Cartel Au does a lot of trading. All profession trainer in Oribos are from cartal Au and they also have a trading post in Bastion and there's the quest in Maldraxxus where we help cartel Au capture some mobs for the arena.

As for Ve'nari and cartel Ve. We know Ve'nari was sent into the maw to retrieve something for cartel Ve but never returned and actively hides from other agents of cartel Ve. I don't think Ve'nari will play a part in the raid.
    Really? Ven'ari is the main chick from the Maw, and it's entirely possible multiple Cartels are teaming up or going against one another across the Shadowlands and beyond. Think of it like Cartels in real life. Some of em team up, others have rival cartels, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be cool if Cartel Ve was against Cartel Xy or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post

We meet two cartel Xy members actually, one we kill in De Other Side dungeon. Easy to forget, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Really? Ven'ari is the main chick from the Maw, and it's entirely possible multiple Cartels are teaming up or going against one another across the Shadowlands and beyond. Think of it like Cartels in real life. Some of em team up, others have rival cartels, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be cool if Cartel Ve was against Cartel Xy or something like that.
    Based on what we have seen so far I imagine that there is an established semi-coalition of cartels that cooperate by pooling their specialities, these cartels being the ones we meet in Oribos.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We meet two cartel Xy members actually, one we kill in De Other Side dungeon. Easy to forget, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what we have seen so far I imagine that there is an established semi-coalition of cartels that cooperate by pooling their specialities, these cartels being the ones we meet in Oribos.
    Yeah. We're also going to the Veiled Market, where apparently multiple Cartels pop by, trade eachother shit, or at the very least hang out, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Except our timeline isn't the prime timeline, haven't you been being attention in Cataclysm? Nozdormu prevented the correct timeline from happening by bringing in the Dragon Soul from the past to alter the future. We're living in an offshoot timeline ever since. We're living on borrowed time.

The correct timeline was Deathwing winning and killing everything. That was what was supposed to happen.
    The future is open to change. Only the past must be kept unchanged. You're getting things confused here. Nozdormu even explicitly states that we executed his pre-destined death in Endtime.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I won't disagree that it is stupid and unnecessary, but it is nontheless canon until Blizzard says otherwise.
    Nothing is canon till we see it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    “ a place for some of the worst of the worst souls sent
    Ion soul, no customization

As a serious note...

Tyrande - as she is losing herself...
    valanar princes would be funny (icecrown was merely a setback, with the power of the maw Valanar will have his vengeance)
    the transformed forsworm from kyrian campaing

also...
    the tin man from The land of Oz

Nothing is canon till we see it in game.
    Blizzard makes the canon. What they say is canon, is canon. What you say is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Tyrande - as she is losing herself...
    She's a pretty clear-cut case for Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Not insulting YOU at all, but can we all stop for a second and acknowledge how fucking stupid this fact is?
    Yeah as far as worldbuilding and narrative writing goes it's like acknowledging a multiverse (so many fiction worlds handle multiverses just fine) and then aborting the concept halfway through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Yeah as far as worldbuilding and narrative writing goes it's like acknowledging a multiverse (so many fiction worlds handle multiverses just fine) and then aborting the concept halfway through.
    This forum does not like multiverses. It triggers them immensely. The wow part anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi