Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Wod was great the entire time" is the funniest shit i have ever heard on this forum.
    Wod was good for 1 month, till people capped their garrisons, and ran outta shit to do.
    I played the game for raids and dungeons at the time and WoD delivered great ones, so it was great the entire time for me.

I'm not the kind of person who has to wholly commit myself to a single game and have it take all of my time. There are so many games and shows for me to consume that I'm more than happy to have the things I enjoy in wow be great without needing to do all the chore activities that wod and legion forced on us to stay competitive.

its funny you say "BFa was way worse then wod, but i didnt play bfa, nor do i know what was in BFA, but trust me guys"
    Are you ok? I don't recall you being the kind of person to put words in peoples mouths.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A good thing can be lessened by the absence of other good.
    A beatiful sunset on the beach is nice and all, but if that is all you have for over a year then it starts to really lose its luster.

WoD had good stuff, even great stuff, what it didnt have was enough content to warrant a full expansion. Arguing that is is truly good is like arguing that a Lamborghini without an engine is a really great car. Sure it looks good, but that doesnt hide the fact that it doesnt do much more than look pretty in your garage.
    When you try to make a point don't ramble incoherently. Also if you're going to quote me at least make it worth my time to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Mechagon has been one of the best 5 mans in a long while. They also had a few cool seasonal affixes (Rising dead and Obis). Many raid fights were good (Mechatorque was superb). Art and music teams are always amazing. Allied races were good.

Overall it wasn't that good, but I wouldn't say that everything was bad. It has its merit too
    Like I said, nothing about BfA was good.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tier sets always pissed me off since you had to mix and match to get the best match.
    Lack of new amour models doesn’t really affect me since I been transmoging to a set I had for the past 2 expacs anyway.

I don't innately have a problem with the legendary armor models being used for the raid. But normally they'd have spent development time and resources on new armor designs and in that stead, I would like for them to spend a fraction of that time polishing and improving the existing sets. The concepts are great, really.

But the executions leave something to be desired. For example, the cloth set, the lower portion of the robe is entirely 2D, with an ugly, flat 2D chain. The belt, similarly, is flat with a buckle pasted on. (MoP style) There's a lot that can be done there.

The plate set could have the chest/helm configuration altered to be more like the concept art.

For example, find some way to add some kinda 3D chestplate, then have the lower jaw part of the helm be attached like a collar onto that, similar to the Uldir plate set.

In the case of the cloth set. I know we're a long way off from proper 3D robes. But they could fake some layering, some chains on the lower portion, make the belt an actual 3D belt loop rather than 2D. It'd make the silhouette ingame infinitely less awkward.

For leather, add 3D layering to the legs with those spikes on them. Add the scarf thing around the chest as a 3D piece and add the layering on the arms (under the shoulderpads) that is seen in that art as well.

Do I think they'll do any of that? No. But I feel like it's the least they could do if they're going to use these sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    When you try to make a point don't ramble incoherently. Also if you're going to quote me at least make it worth my time to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, nothing about BfA was good.
    Ahhh, black and white mentality, ok

And... I'm out! Have a g'day folks

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Colour me unsurprised.

This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been. Not sure why anyone believed it would be any better?
    Why are you still playing if you haven't liked the game in about a decade? If you don't.. Why are you wasting your life on a forum about said game?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They tried to delete the middle patch in WiD, it was a disaster. I think they recognize the burnout cycle now and are ok with subs dipping for a middle patch and coming back for the long, relaxing last tier.
    They didn't try to delete it. They had issues, thus gs were taking too long and they scrapped somenconyent and merged it with other stuff. If you truly believe they were trying to just go with a 2 patch cycle moving forward starting in WoD, I have a ridge to sell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hannya84 View Post
    Why are you still playing if you haven't liked the game in about a decade? If you don't.. Why are you wasting your life on a forum about said game?
    This confuses me most about some posters. The constant negativity and bashing from those supporting the game. Yet these same people have the gall to call those of us who enjoy WoW addicts.

Surprise, surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't innately have a problem with the legendary armor models being used for the raid. But normally they'd have spent development time and resources on new armor designs and in that stead, I would like for them to spend a fraction of that time polishing and improving the existing sets. The concepts are great, really.

But the executions leave something to be desired. For example, the cloth set, the lower portion of the robe is entirely 2D, with an ugly, flat 2D chain. The belt, similarly, is flat with a buckle pasted on. (MoP style) There's a lot that can be done there.

The plate set could have the chest/helm configuration altered to be more like the concept art.
    <snip>

For example, find some way to add some kinda 3D chestplate, then have the lower jaw part of the helm be attached like a collar onto that, similar to the Uldir plate set.

<snip>

In the case of the cloth set. I know we're a long way off from proper 3D robes. But they could fake some layering, some chains on the lower portion, make the belt an actual 3D belt loop rather than 2D. It'd make the silhouette ingame infinitely less awkward.

<snip>

For leather, add 3D layering to the legs with those spikes on them. Add the scarf thing around the chest as a 3D piece and add the layering on the arms (under the shoulderpads) that is seen in that art as well.

Do I think they'll do any of that? No. But I feel like it's the least they could do if they're going to use these sets.
    I'm usually happier with mostly-2D robes and armour, whenever they add extra modelling it clips through most characters and just looks a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Agreed. I mix and match too. And i don't want to miss them. And also yes to more time to make them than early sets. Maybe. Don't know how the tech and experience of the designers changes that.
    But still... maybe i am not getting my point across very good.
    They made 8 different endgame sets for SL patch .0 and .1. The 4 nathria and the 4 legendary.
    Now look at WoD. Alone the first patch had 2 unique sets for every class in PvE alone. Ontop of that you had the PvP Class sets also 2 for every class albeit the elite was a more elaborate of the normal one. AND you had PvE and PvP sets for the sets ontop for low level pvp and LFR (not sure of the LFR sets have been only in HFC)
    You had 11 classes in wod i think. That makes alone for the first tier of raiding 22 sets. With PvP you go to 44 and the 8 non descriptive ones is 52.
    Even if you put the mythic/elite together with the normal ones and ignore the armor type sets it is still 22 sets... that IS quite a difference...

Like i said i don't know how much time they actually put into each set because how would i? But that screams more effort.
    That is quite a few, what I actually counted up for WoD was,
    Armour class - 2xquest 1xdungeon 1xgarrison 1xcrafted 1xLFR = 6x4 = 24
    Plus a tier set per class = 11

So that's 35.

The PvP sets are actually just LFR (Honour) and Tier (Arena) with different head and shoulders so, much like the Mythic enhanced sets, I don't really think they should count as a whole new set due to the bulk of the design work already counting for another set.

You could also get sets like Felsoul which were based on previous expansions' sets, but I can't remember if they were produced for WoD or if they were already in game for boosted characters and this just gave you the chance to collect them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ya I don't really care what the community thinks. I think it's the last of the truly good expansions. Funny how people can have different opinions on things, isn't it?
    Yeah, and literally no one cares what you think, either lol. So there's that too. The community still agrees that WoD was absolute shit.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I just think the mistake was giving legendaries the same appearance as these tier sets even though you cant even save the appearance of it for tranakog and you can only equip one legendary at a time. What was the point? If they never did that I bet most people wouldn't have cared since these sets look pretty cool. Hiwever, i am a bit disappointed that I'm not getting more transmog appearances specifically for my class though. The last class specific armor set we got was on Argus in legion. Does blizzard think "class fantasy" is a legion exclusive thing and they can never have cool stuff for each class ever again?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-25 at 02:28 AM.

"The WoW team has never been bigger."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    "The WoW team has never been bigger."
    The Warcraft mobile game will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Which means they understand the problem.

The issue is, instead of addressing said problem, they just presumed that's how it'll always be. It isn't. Their patches are cyclical almost ENTIRELY because they keep making mediocre middle patches.

An expansion launch will ALWAYS have a spike in subs.

But expansion PATCHES do not need to bleed subs. We can clearly see this in Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. Subs aren't cyclical unless they keep fucking up the early patch and making people leave. If people have no reason to stay - Obviously - People are going to leave and keep the "cyclical" sub idea going.
    The spike was usually all gone before the new patch released. Ignoring the spines you can draw a line from the end of WotLK to the final announcement of numbers and it shows a fairly steady loss of 100k/month regardless of how well received the expansion or patch is. WoW reached a stage where it has a lot of players interested in seeing new content but they don't want to stick around for a repetitive grind. And the thing is people have always played like this, it's just in the early days there was enough new players coming in to hide the losses. By the end of Wrath 100m accounts had been made but only a fraction of those stayed subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Colour me unsurprised.

This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been. Not sure why anyone believed it would be any better?
    I mean Legion was amazing IMO

Most fun I've ever had playing wow

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Didn't Square cancel the last Ultimate raid?
    Don't think you got a response, so better late than never. Sooo it wasn't cancelled. It was postponed. It will release with 6.1 instead of 5.5 to make sure the development of 6.0 isn't delayed. It is still sad, but supposedly only like 6% of the player base plays them, so if something had to be delayed that's probably the best piece of content for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It is.
    Most people probably don't give a flying fuck about the tier set bonus.

They just want the class specific sets back.
    That's the boat I'm in. I miss getting 10+ new sets per tier instead of 4 total. We are objectively getting less than we used to.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I mean Legion was amazing IMO

Most fun I've ever had playing wow
    Legion was hands down the best of the newer expansions of the past 5+ years. I still go back and do old Legion content I didn't finish on certain alts, and it's still fun and exciting not repetitive.

BfA I have zero interest to ever go back to those two islands or cities.

Shadowlands I was greatly anticipating so looking forward to it. But so far it's just ok. Feels a bit short and gets boring pretty quick. I know it's early still but this seems like a filler expansion.