Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

ION Answers the "Farming Legion Raids" in Shadowlands Question

Here is Ion's quote from Blizzcon:

Ion Hazzikostas
    Q: the route of certain old raids are very complicated, have you considered adding more teleports? Also people are having difficulty soloing old content, for example even if you have the best gear right now Eonar in Antorus is still very difficult, have you considered make them easier to farm?

A: generally in the end of the dungeon there will be npcs or other ways for you to teleport out of the instance, but if players still find it difficult we will consider adding more. In terms of the difficulty in farming, our principle is: at the end of an expansion, you will be able to solo the content two expansions ago fairly easily. So by the end of Shadowlands, you should be able to kill the legion raid bosses fairly easily-- might not be able to one shot them, but you will be able to. When that time comes the majority of players will be able to go back farming legion content, and even BFA, perhaps with a small group of people.

Sorry Farmers of Things in Old Content ..... you will just have to wait 1 1/2 years. Until then, just keep running the Maw. What a lazy answer from Mr. Developer and Mythic Raider who probably has never mount farmed or transmog farmed in his Elitest Jerk career.

Is inviting someone to a group to defeat a raid boss released a couple years ago really that big an ask?

In terms of the difficulty in farming, our principle is: at the end of an expansion, you will be able to solo the content two expansions ago fairly easily. So by the end of Shadowlands, you should be able to kill the legion raid bosses fairly easily--
    idk, maybe it's me but I felt like I was able to solo most of WoD by the end of Legion

Soloing old content seems to be pretty hard right after a stat/lvl squish but the further you go from one, the quicker you're soloing old content. I had mythic WoD down by the end of Legion and I was doing fairly well in Legion throughout BFA until the lvl squish. Even now though I'm able to solo mythic Legion stuff pretty fairly and was hoping to jump into BFA stuff soon, but that didn't go so well :/

The scaling system is currently broken and we're not doing the correct amount of damage, that we would be doing if there wasn't a squish
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2021-02-25 at 05:10 AM.

What is the problem? I could solo every Legion raid easily post squish lvl 50 on pre patch, at lvl 60 they are even more easy. You literally can't die.

"the route of certain old raids are very complicated" once you learn the routes it's not complicated anymore.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2021-02-25 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Think about it this way: if they are two expansions behind, you’ll still consistently get solo new content as we progress.

If they are 1.5 expansion behind, same thing is true. If they are three expansions behind, still, you progressively get to solo more stuff at the same pace.

It’s like how buying more clothes doesn’t mean you can do less laundry. At end of the day the rate of new solo content being doable should progress at roughly the same rate as live content releases.
    Except right now we haven't gotten any new soloable content since BFA because Blizzard screwed with the scaling, so the content that should have been doable in Shadowlands is not. Which is exactly what people are complaining about.

If they say "Raids two expacs ago are trivial" and then change it to "raids three expacs ago are trivial" then you're stuck waiting a whole extra expac for the content to be soloable. Assuming it actually does become soloable at all, since right now it's clear they aren't planning to address it and are just hoping gear upgrades will eventually fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Is inviting someone to a group to defeat a raid boss released a couple years ago really that big an ask?
    What part of solo is hard to understand ? The so or the lo ?

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    What is the problem? I could solo every Legion raid easily post squish lvl 50 on pre patch, at lvl 60 they are even more easy. You literally can't die.

"the route of certain old raids are very complicated" once you learn the routes it's not complicated anymore.
    It takes a reasonably high ilvl or specific classes to solo mythic guldan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    What part of MMO is hard to understand?

I am Han So Lo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It might be, for someone who is after a mount or any other "rare" item for that matter.
    The drop chances are low enough, competition is not necessarily on the top of someone's mind.

I am a bit confused regarding that answer.

They are aware, that somehow the Legion raids became considerably harder to some extend now that we outlevel them for two expansions right? Also I cannot recall, that it ever was a problem to farm raids that were two expansions old (except for some not adjusted mechanics). So far you could easily solo the raids from two XP ago, once you hit some Rare gear level on the new expansion and the bosses there were basically one shots. The only issue always were raids from the last expac.

Or does my memory fool me here?

As far as I recall it, I could farm the WoD Raids during BFA quite easy from the beginning (exceopt mythic Citadel first boss, due to mechanics)

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    What part of MMO is hard to understand?
    Interesting, what do you think MMO stands for?

I don't think raid bosses were ever designed as solo content.

If you can solo them, great. If you can't, make a group.

Some classes can solo the content without much difficulty, others will struggle. I think as far as Legion is concerned, most content is soloable until you get to Mythic Eonar on Argus where you may need 1 or 2 more people to get past that encounter.

I must admit though, post squish i was had a friend who we would go duo mythic Hounds on argus for the mount, after the squish that fight was alot harder, even now at higher ilvl i struggle to solo it (balance druid)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why is it a "lazy" answer? Because you don't get your wish when it should be possible to solo old raids (whenever that should be?)

And apparently it is their "principle" that "at the end of an expansion, you will be able to solo the content two expansions ago fairly easily". So having a principle that is in existence for several years is "lazy" because you disagree?

Oh well...can't wait for Blizzard to admit how your flawless logic convinced them to change their mind ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, mechanics or certain classes made it harder. I guess especially Legion has some annoying mechanics that will even make harder to solo them. Or you have mechanics like Spine of Deathwing that to this day I hate more than life itself.
    Didn't you know. Day 1 of new expansion should mean that every raid boss from the previous expansion you have just done should bow down and just offer loot as soon as you enter the instance.

All serious though you're right in that it's always basically bean wait until end of expansion to be able to easily clear 2 expansion old raids solo.

Funny thing is people bitching about squish fucking it up when it comes to the wow community. Yoshi basically said something similar will happen when they squish in ffxiv for the next expansion and like always the ffxiv community didn't turn into whining manbabies like some (obviously not you. Det) in this thread and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    Sorry Farmers of Things in Old Content ..... you will just have to wait 1 1/2 years. Until then, just keep running the Maw. What a lazy answer from Mr. Developer and Mythic Raider who probably has never mount farmed or transmog farmed in his Elitest Jerk career.
    I mean, just make a group... That's some pretty entitled whining right here.
    And "The route of certain old raids are very complicated, [...]" I mean what? Running is too much? Just teleport me from boss to boss pls and give me my free transmogs from raids you nerfed to the ground because they were too hard for me, even after I outgeared them by 200 itemlevels.
    Honestly, this entire question reeks of lazyness, I wonder why they even let this question through.

It's not Blizzard who's lazy here....

Quote Originally Posted by Schn00bins View Post
    It might be, for someone who is after a mount or any other "rare" item for that matter.
    The drop chances are low enough, competition is not necessarily on the top of someone's mind.
    Doesn't work like that afaik with mounts or any kind of rare item. You won't have lower chance to get it if you inv 10 people. all 11 has same chance of getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Yeah this is a bit ridiculous, not gonna lie. Previously it was enough for the newest expansion to be released in order for the content from 2 expansions ago be considered "legacy". Now he's saying that it's not until the end of the newest expansion when you should be able to farm content as "legacy" content and it be easy?

Just go back to the previous model. Make 2 expansions old content farmable for casuals, and the previous expansion content farmable by higher geared and skilled player. Why is that such a problem?

I remember I used to farm mythic hellfire citadel in the last patch of legion without even heroic raid gear. Can't we just go back to that? No one cares anyway and seasonal gear is unobtainable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Doesn't work like that afaik with mounts or any kind of rare item. You won't have lower chance to get it if you inv 10 people. all 11 has same chance of getting it.
    Yes, this is true. The problem is not the lowered chance, but the fact you have to create a group and coordinate it. Oftentimes like 20 times over. This adds a lot of additional hassle to what is essentially farming obsolete content. You are also limited by other people. Many players farm legacy stuff because they can't play during the times when many other players can play. Those people are thus completely locked out of that activity due to that.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-02-25 at 04:34 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Not really sure how this is a bad answer. This has always been true. Majority of the player base won't be able to farm 2 expansion old content until towards the end. There are exceptions where some will be able to solo it sooner like in the past; particularly tanks. He also mentions the keyword "fairly easily". Which means you can do it sooner, but you might be tight on timers, dps checks, etc. Just at the end you should be able to go in and roflstomp it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is Ion's quote from Blizzcon:

Ion Hazzikostas
    Q: the route of certain old raids are very complicated, have you considered adding more teleports? Also people are having difficulty soloing old content, for example even if you have the best gear right now Eonar in Antorus is still very difficult, have you considered make them easier to farm?

A: generally in the end of the dungeon there will be npcs or other ways for you to teleport out of the instance, but if players still find it difficult we will consider adding more. In terms of the difficulty in farming, our principle is: at the end of an expansion, you will be able to solo the content two expansions ago fairly easily. So by the end of Shadowlands, you should be able to kill the legion raid bosses fairly easily-- might not be able to one shot them, but you will be able to. When that time comes the majority of players will be able to go back farming legion content, and even BFA, perhaps with a small group of people.

Ya this is complete crap theyre just too lazy to do anything about it, I was legit soloing legion mythics at the end of bfa so how is it that were now weaker. Its always been at the end of one expansion they are barely soloable maybe on just heroic/normal cause of group scaling being locked in mythic then you hit 2 expansions in and it was normally easy to solo its been like this for as long as I can remember.