Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Carries in Arena are a Problem.

My rating in 2's is currently 1630 and just came out of a match with a disc/ret where I ran out of mana and the carried Ret could just stun, wings, reckoning, divine toll, templar's verdict me since the priest was able to keep him alive. Even an undergeared ret can kill you in a stun with his huge burst. Turns out.. while I was playing at 1630 rating, that the disc priest was 2410 in 3s with full duelist gear. Even in 2s his rating was 1800. Why was I playing against him while I was still at 1630? Blizzard needs to fix their damn MMR system.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue here isn't carries but instead both MMR as well as the fact that you and your partner wasn't able to outplay the supposedly bad paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Ive seen alot latetly with 2.1k Rating in 3v3 with 70% winrate but 2v2 they have 48%~ winrate and cant get higher than 1.3. sometimes strange

IMHO there should be gear brackets in wow arena.
    If you start now you will probably never catch up because you keep playing against better geared people.
    You won't get invited cuz your gear and rating is not high enough.
    It would take months before you can finally play fair matches.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    IMHO there should be gear brackets in wow arena.
    If you start now you will probably never catch up because you keep playing against better geared people.
    You won't get invited cuz your gear and rating is not high enough.
    It would take months before you can finally play fair matches.
    Well you should've started at the start then. There is a catchup system in place for people who decide to start now and then go to the internet to complain that better players are beating them. You don't need anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    My rating in 2's is currently 1630 and just came out of a match with a disc/ret where I ran out of mana and the carried Ret could just stun, wings, reckoning, divine toll, templar's verdict me since the priest was able to keep him alive. Even an undergeared ret can kill you in a stun with his huge burst. Turns out.. while I was playing at 1630 rating, that the disc priest was 2410 in 3s with full duelist gear. Even in 2s his rating was 1800. Why was I playing against him while I was still at 1630? Blizzard needs to fix their damn MMR system.
    TBH it sounds like you got outplayed by a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Players: Epic bgs are tedious and boring.

Blizzard: Ok, for next patch were making it more tedious and boring.

Arena is an abomination. Remove it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

the only thing a gear bracket would change is that boosting people would equip 155 honor pvp gear in some slots instead.

since ilvl does not take stat budget into account you would just downgrade wrists and hands while still running around in high-stat gear.
    and the pvp trinket could be downgraded as well since the main benefit stays the same even on a 155 trinket.
    Last edited by Narzok; 2021-02-25 at 07:50 AM.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Mainly because of how the upgrade system works its vastly encourages boosting a bracket once then sitting it to upgrade your gear in a different bracket.

Going to be the same thing with valor and boosts for KSM then upgrade it with low keys and callings.

Arena is just about boosts for gear and mogs. Blizzard runs it to generate cash. Its not a serious game mode at this point. Remove it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Mainly because of how the upgrade system works its vastly encourages boosting a bracket once then sitting it to upgrade your gear in a different bracket.

Going to be the same thing with valor and boosts for KSM then upgrade it with low keys and callings.
    and to add to this, since you are only goofing around in the "farm-bracket" anyways, might as well boost a friend/guildmember to whatever rating you get.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The issue here isn't carries but instead both MMR as well as the fact that you and your partner wasn't able to outplay the supposedly bad paladin.
    Carries are 100% a problem when even pro players are complaining about not being able to gear their alts through arenas because they're constantly facing gladiators and rank ones doings carries anywhere from 1400-2100. Not only that, but low rated players are now in full 226 from carries, so legit low rated players and new players that don't pay for carries don't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Arena is just about boosts for gear and mogs. Blizzard runs it to generate cash. Its not a serious game mode at this point. Remove it.
    I think you should post your opinion once more just to make sure you get the attention you need

just make it like if u queue with someone at 2k+ rating, u gonna play against 2k+ people. So if u wonna boost someone u have to work for it and not walk over people at lower rating.
    The problem is that blizzard want it this way otherwise changes would have already be placed.

The whole game is focused around boosts and carries. Blizzard offers paid lvl boosts. When you reach max level you buy a token, sell it on AH. Use that gold to get tmog, titles, mounts++.

Blizzard makes lots of money on this. Perfect system.

10+ Year Old Account
    carries aren't a problem if you can play above 1800... even a rank1 player can barely get a normal carry above 2k/2.1k...
    "carries" aren't a problem, the problem is often with the player complaining about facing a "carry", maybe because he doesn't have enough time to get better
    arenas are very time consuming, far more than mythic raiding, you're basically doing that all your life, and players who have fun in arena just do that

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Carries are 100% a problem when even pro players are complaining about not being able to gear their alts through arenas because they're constantly facing gladiators and rank ones doings carries anywhere from 1400-2100. Not only that, but low rated players are now in full 226 from carries, so legit low rated players and new players that don't pay for carries don't have a chance.
    Totally agree. On a side note, ultimately i think that the ilvl gear / power gap is so huge already that it puts pvp in a pretty bed spot imo. Powercreep from gear should be toned down quite a bit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gear needs to be removed from Arenas, it should just be about cosmetics.

If you want gear, go do pve.

3+ Year Old Account
    Agree and also why TF are still tanks allowed in arena? I get it in bgs...

Can't do much about it I think.
    Unless blizzard puts limit who can queue up with who and even that can be circumvented by lowering your ranking / MMR on purpose.
    Error 404 - Signature not found