Mine are in my signature. Not cutting edge but more than sufficient. The desktop slightly outperforms the laptop even though it only has SATA II and DDR3 capability and has the supposedly terrible FX processor.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2021-01-05 at 07:13 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I have a laptop and its setup configuration is :

Brand VIPER
    Generation 09th Generation
    Processor Type Intel® Core™ i7-9750H 6 Core
    Processor Spece (2.6GHz Turbo Boost 4.5GHz)
    Installed RAM 16GB
    Type of memory 08GB x 2 Dual Module DDR4
    SSD 512 GB SSD
    Type of harddrive 512GB Solid State Drive Nvme
    Dedicated graphics Yes
    Graphics memory NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6
    Type of graphics memory Dedicated
    Switchable graphics Yes
    Graphics processor Intel
    Backlight Yes
    Screen size 15.6 Full HD 1080p 144Hz
    Screen surface 15.6 Full HD 1080p 144Hz
    Screen resolution 1920 x1080
    Type 802.11/a/b/g/n/ac/ax
    Condition New
    USB 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB-A), Thunderbolt™ 3, USB-C, one HDMI, one RJ45 LAN port, a USB Type-C port
    HDMI Yes
    Camera Yes
    Operating system (Primary) Genuine Windows 10 Home

i want to know that its best for gaming or not i have no idea, if its not then suggest me good laptop for gaming .
    Last edited by kerlly Butler; 2021-01-15 at 12:51 PM. Reason: ADDING IMAGE

10+ Year Old Account
    holy crap, its 2021 and this thread is still going

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post

Hardware in signature. Next build is not going to have RGB fans, it was a huge headache trying to manage cables for all of it.
    Given the less than ideal experience i have with Corsair hardware, i'm moving to Lian Li unifans. If anything it's a single controller and all fans are basically "clippable" to each oteher and you have a single cable for everything. I'm still baffled no one else thought about that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Hardware in signature. Next build is not going to have RGB fans, it was a huge headache trying to manage cables for all of it.
    looks wonderful!
    what case is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyero View Post
    looks wonderful!
    what case is that?
    Lian Li Lancool II Mesh IIRC. It's a great performance case.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in the process of just getting rid of most if not all corsair stuff i have because i unfortunately found them to be mostly unreliable and actually low quality for the cost they have. List of issues:
    - 1 yo mouse started doubleclicking by itself and it's apparently firmware issue. I'm RMAing it but it seems i have to pay for sending it back which is total bullshit.
    - headset is nice but mic is terribly low (again FW reasons) and i have to use a software to preamp it
    - have 7 RGB fans, the standard 4 led ones are fine, the fancy LL simply don't work as expected as soon as i turn all the leds on (only 2 is fine). Already changed the controller because i went with 2 3x kit sets to have replacements in case of need.

Not happy at all. I'm gonna swap all of them for Lian Li unifans that are just an intelligent and working design - they have their won controller but you can just plug it into an rgb header and use mobo software for them. Also one single cable for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Given the less than ideal experience i have with Corsair hardware, i'm moving to Lian Li unifans. If anything it's a single controller and all fans are basically "clippable" to each oteher and you have a single cable for everything. I'm still baffled no one else thought about that.
    Connecting fans together without dampening is the worst possible situation, if noise is a factor in your decision. It looks great and cable management is clearly much easier, but since every fan is slightly different, all you do is make a huge resonance headache for your build.

Some people pay 30€ per fan to get a silent motor, silent air noise at high RPM and mount the fans with dampening to the case. Thats the polar opposite to choosings fans for RGB features and/or easier cable management. Nothing wrong with that, but unifans are just for aesthetics with clear downsides.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Connecting fans together without dampening is the worst possible situation, if noise is a factor in your decision. It looks great and cable management is clearly much easier, but since every fan is slightly different, all you do is make a huge resonance headache for your build.

Some people pay 30€ per fan to get a silent motor, silent air noise at high RPM and mount the fans with dampening to the case. Thats the polar opposite to choosings fans for RGB features and/or easier cable management. Nothing wrong with that, but unifans are just for aesthetics with clear downsides.
    I don't think this is the case - but agree on the reasoning, just i don't think it's going to be that impactful in this specific case. Of all reviews i've seen (since i was more worried about compatibility and actual build quality of the components) no one signaled this issue. I actually checked the fans themselves and the usual rubber corners go all the way to the side and basically work as dampeners between the fans aswell.

I have no issues with Corsair fans looks or actual build quality, but given the price you pay it's pretty shit that in less than a year they just don't work anymore, and it's happening with multiple products. Also, if my only value was the performance, nothing beats Noctua and i would have bought those. I know that Corsair has a magnetic rotor which is superior quality compared to the Lian Li one.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-02-25 at 01:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I love that they only need one cable, but they are so damn UGLY
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Toshiba satellite C660-1MP, from 2012. On a good day when no people are around sometimes I can experience 10fps. Oh, and I had to switch to legacy DirectX so I can see the game instead of the black screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    You think they are? I quite like them.. Not that I'll get any, I'm perfectly satisfied with my Noctua's, and I'm trying to get rid of RGB elsewhere in my system too

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I like them instead. I assume it falls into the personal preference.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You think they are? I quite like them.. Not that I'll get any, I'm perfectly satisfied with my Noctua's, and I'm trying to get rid of RGB elsewhere in my system too
    I don't like, that they only have light on the side. I like light in the midle of the fan, for my builds
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Here is my semi-dream build I just finished up over the weekend. Still lack a 3080 but, the 3060ti will have to suffice for now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
    Cooler: ASUS ROG Ryujin 360
    Mobo: ASUS Dark Hero
    RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB, 3200mhz CL16
    GPU: MSI RTX 3060ti Gaming X Trio
    SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2
    PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 850w V2
    Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG

Stole 3 drives from my old build
    SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB 2.5"
    HDD: WD-Black 2TB, WD-AV-GP 2TB

Top 2 monitors are from old build
    Top Left & Right: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" 60hz
    Bottom: Samsung Odyssey G7 31.5" 240hz

Headset: SteelSeries Arctis Pro 3 (Wireless)
    Mouse: SteelSeries Aerox 3 (Wireless)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow v3 Pro (Wireless)

PCPartPicker List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vgpc7X
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Tim- View Post
    Here is my semi-dream build I just finished up over the weekend. Still lack a 3080 but, the 3060ti will have to suffice for now.
    Ah, the 3060ti is just a "I need something *now*" type thing? I feel for you, man..

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Ah, the 3060ti is just a "I need something *now*" type thing? I feel for you, man..
    Lol, well.. My original plan was to go with a 5600x and I wanted a lower costing gpu. I stood in lines for Micro Center but, was never early enough to get a 3060ti so I resorted to FB Marketplace where I ended up paying $580 which was 50 over msrp+taxes before tariffs. I then had the chance to get the 5900x so I did and well, a 3080 would be so much nicer.

I hear ya though. :P
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Tim- View Post
    Lol, well.. My original plan was to go with a 5600x and I wanted a lower costing gpu. I stood in lines for Micro Center but, was never early enough to get a 3060ti so I resorted to FB Marketplace where I ended up paying $580 which was 50 over msrp+taxes before tariffs. I then had the chance to get the 5900x so I did and well, a 3080 would be so much nicer.

I hear ya though. :P
    Yeah, I was a bit slow on picking up a 5000 series CPU, so I don't have one.. that said I managed to steal a 3090 for MSRP though, so I can't complain.

Figure I might as well wait for a 6000 series from AMD at this point, since I'm expecting it in Q4 2021 or Q1 2022

15+ Year Old Account
    My rig

3800xt
    16gb 3200 15cl ram
    3080fe
    Arctic Freezer II
    NZXT H500
    m2 970 evo and an Adata

On a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Last edited by Azerox; 2021-03-02 at 09:12 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

i have no game in my laptop