Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Reasons are not technical.
    Yep, that's exactly why it's unacceptable. There are no technical reasons to test a 99% finished product for 6+ months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Naxx isn't even slightly comparable to TBC. They wouldn't do two big releases at the same time if they could avoid it.
    Sure that would be healthier. But why would that mean a fall/winter release for BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Sure that would be healthier. But why would that mean a fall/winter release for BC?
    I didn't say that. I can see TBC coming before 9.1, or just 1-2 months after. I expect 9.1 to come sometime before summer and TBC to come by the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    2 months of bet a while listening to community feedback? I just doubt it.
    I didn't say that. I can see TBC coming before 9.1, or just 1-2 months after. I expect 9.1 to come sometime before summer and TBC to come by the end of summer.
    You guys are completely out of touch with reality.
    It'll be either may or june. July at the absolute latest, and I'd believe an april release before a july one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You guys are completely out of touch with reality.
    It'll be either may or june. July at the absolute latest, and I'd believe an april release before a july one.
    I'm completely out of touch, and yet you agree with my date prediction. K. Maybe you need to google what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    2 months of bet a while listening to community feedback? I just doubt it.
    Two month to check performance and bugs for a re-release of an old xpac. What is there to doubt exactly? That's the same time frame we had for the original Classic beta.

And listening to what feedback? This is an existing finished game that they will be making minimal changes to.
    We're not talking about feedback for a new, in development expansion where there's a ton to talk about.

I'm guessing May for pre-patch, June release.
    I originally thought it would release in May given the leaks and the general timeline, but the fact that they didn't nail down a specific release date at Blizzcon makes me a bit leery.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2021-02-25 at 01:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say that.
    But others did and I was talking to them

I can see TBC coming before 9.1, or just 1-2 months after. I expect 9.1 to come sometime before summer and TBC to come by the end of summer.
    Depending on the defitintion of summer that would still mean 6-7 months of testing if beta starts soon, as promised.

Classic will run out of steam so hard if they wait too long with tbc release, it will be a fuck up and a loss revenue if they aren't able to release it in May. Porting tbc to the SL client shouldn't be much of an issue seeing it exists in it's entirety on retail, what remains is just reverting encounters to their tbc state and making sure classes function as they should.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    be aware we are looking at prolonged prepatch to help our esteemed new guests aka be+draenei to catch up.

so what is the real question here ? time until 2.4.3 will hit servers or time until "stomped by fel reavers in HFP" ?

Thats what we thought about sl and naxx aswell.

Then they released both within two weeks

I'm completely out of touch, and yet you agree with my date prediction. K. Maybe you need to google what it means?
    I'm saying "may, perhaps june", you say "end of summer". I don't really see how I agree with your prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm saying "may, perhaps june", you say "end of summer". I don't really see how I agree with your prediction.
    "by the end of summer" "july" and "out of touch with reality", are you just too used to using hyperbole in your general day-to-day whining that you can't tell when you do it?

Naxx isn't even slightly comparable to TBC. They wouldn't do two big releases at the same time if they could avoid it.
    Conversely, 9.1 isn't slightly compareable to SL release.

Sure, content patches on Retail are bigger nowadays, but it's basically the same situation in reverse, Classic now gets the expansion and Retail a content patch.

"by the end of summer" "july" and "out of touch with reality", are you just too used to using hyperbole in your general day-to-day whining that you can't tell when you do it?
    If you consider that nearly a whole quarter apart is "falling within prediction", I'd say that "out of touch with reality" fits pretty well without any need for hyperbole.

5+ Year Old Account
    Retail vanilla lasted for 2 years and 3 months. From November 2004 to January 2007.

With this in mind it is possible that they would atleast want classic to last about 2 years, putting release date at late summer. Classic 2 year anniversary perhaps.

On the other hand, a release that far off might drive some people to un-sub for the rest of classic only to re-sub a week before TBC release.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Releasing it side by side with 9.1 might actually help servers instead of having a flood of ppl on classic again just to sit in ques for hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Conversely, 9.1 isn't slightly compareable to SL release.

Sure, content patches on Retail are bigger nowadays, but it's basically the same situation in reverse, Classic now gets the expansion and Retail a content patch.
    9.1 is a far bigger deal (it's actual development rather than just unlocking very old content) than Naxx, whereas SL isn't quite as much of a bigger deal than Classic Vanilla (though still bigger, obviously).

Honestly they could relase in August if they would give us prepatch in may give us a few months of classic+ basically

My initial hope was for a May release, but that seems less and less likely. I expect a beta to last about 2 months, then a month of the pre-patch before actual release. The pre=patch will be enough to keep people going for a while, so they can slide it to the right without losing subs. That puts it more likely late June, into July. That's a reasonable timeframe, where Naxx won't get to alarmingly stale, and people will be inclined to farm up gold leading up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Unacceptable to who? What you will do when TBC obviously release August/September? Protest? Don't play? It's clear that Blizz won't release new SL season and TBC at same time.
    Saving this comment for future reference. This should age well.

My assumption was June at the earliest. 2 months of Beta Testing starting in March, then 1 month prepatch in May to allow people to level the paladins/shamans that they seem intent on having to max level before TBC, so June being the launch date.