Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    biden is undoing everything trump did so far
    Well, Trump did a lot of terrible things...

apparently, Trump is free to try to get elected again in 2024 if the news is any indication. So all the time spent on impeachment or get his ass hauled in went nowhere.

i wonder if they'll really let that fly though considering everything

apparently, Trump is free to try to get elected again in 2024 if the news is any indication.
    Need tocwatch different news.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Need tocwatch different news.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/polit...ily/index.html

apparently, Trump is free to try to get elected again in 2024 if the news is any indication. So all the time spent on impeachment or get his ass hauled in went nowhere.

i wonder if they'll really let that fly though considering everything
    I'm sure you will continue to support him, as you always have. You must be stoked that the racist piece of shit you support is free to run again.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hate to say it, but I don't see Trump actually being in a prison, if convicted on any charge he currently faces. Former Residents are allowed Secret Service protection, and any idiot could make the argument that Trump wouldn't be safe in a prison. So house arrest is what it will be, at worst.

However - and this is a big "relative" however - that kind of prison would be very impactful to Trump. Not as bad, of course, but no access to people or crowds or internet or anything, really, except bad food shitty tv and his own insane thoughts bouncing around that pinball of a head he calls a brain. That kind of punishment would be relative torture to Trump. And because it's almost guaranteed to be the best we can get from any criminal conviction, it's what we'll have to settle for.
    I thought you could have people over with house arrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! Yeah, that alone might do it. However, those home arrest orders can be pretty restrictive. I'm pretty sure TV is allowed, but not social media, and certainly not political rallies. All guests would be barred - attorney visits only. And he couldn't communicate with the outside world. Period.

However, if he is convicted and house-arrested(??), he wouldn't be able to splinter the GOP. And right now I'm trying to figure out in my little brain which would one I'd rather have.
    Safest prison would be private max - one can dream.

I hate to say it, but I don't see Trump actually being in a prison, if convicted on any charge he currently faces. Former Residents are allowed Secret Service protection, and any idiot could make the argument that Trump wouldn't be safe in a prison. So house arrest is what it will be, at worst.
    They are already talking about passing a law to take pensions away from former presidents convicted of felonies. They could certainly take away his SS protection too.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm sure you will continue to support him, as you always have. You must be stoked that the racist piece of shit you support is free to run again.
    no one is "stoked." Just surprised considering the insurrection. He got away with everything.

no one is "stoked." Just surprised considering the insurrection. He got away with everything.
    You consider people getting away with trying to overthrow the government of the United States a good thing? It seems that outrage is more appropriate.

Isn't that what you wanted?

After all, he's your guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I wouldn't bring celebrity opinions into politics because, well, barring Ronald Reagan or Arnie most actors don't actually have experience in politics.

But if a politician starts it, well, consider my action...Forced.

Texan Gina Carano broke barriers in the Star Wars universe: not a princess, not a victim, not some emotionally tortured Jedi. She played a woman who kicked ass & who girls looked up to. She was instrumental in making Star Wars fun again. Of course Disney canceled her.
    -- Ted Cruz

I did not know, and I am very happy to be an emotionally tortured Jedi who doesn’t leave their state when it’s having a terrible time
    -- Daidy Ridley

- - - Updated - - -

As expected, the NY AG now has Trump's taxes.

Just a reminder, grand jury evidence and deliberations are supposed to be hush-hush. It may be a while before we see any action taken. But the sheer amount of effort Trump took to block not just the public, but a legal warrant, from getting to his taxes at least suggests he knows he's in trouble.

EDIT: Oh right, it's possible Trump didn't cheat on his taxes...but instead lied to Deutsche Bank. If anything, that could be worse for him. Because then Deutsche Bank gets to take all his stuff.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-02-25 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Texan Gina Carano broke barriers in the Star Wars universe: not a princess, not a victim, not some emotionally tortured Jedi. She played a woman who kicked ass & who girls looked up to. She was instrumental in making Star Wars fun again. Of course Disney canceled her.
    -- Ted Cruz
    I was going to ask why he's even reminding people that he exists right now, but that dumbass tweet was apparently from the 11th.

And what's wrong with being a princess? What does he have against traditional gender roles?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-25 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s a crime to lie to a bank to get a loan isn’t it?
    Fraud is a crime, yes. But even if it wasn't, breaking a contract is a serious civil matter. If I said "Hey Scoobs, I will sell you this authentic Action Comics #1 for $100" and we sign a contract on the matter, if I sell you a forgery, you at the very minimum get your $100 back. Most contracts -- such as bank loans -- have other, specific, harsh restrictions if you stiff the bank. There's a reason the bank keeps your house, even if you only owe 20% left when you default.

Basically I'm saying Deutsche Bank not only gets to go after Trump for their money, but probably also keep the properties the loan was for.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, he’d be the face on a screen that is calling from his “prison”. They’d allow him to do that shit since his career would be predicated on speaking fees at that point.
    Not a chance. All kidding aside, house arrest almost always includes no outside contact. And especially no phone calls and internet. He would be truly alone with his thoughts and cable tv. I'd rather see him in prison (if convicted) of course, but it's just not going to happen - no matter how long I keep my pic up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, they COULD theoretically put him in one of the lower prisons that are pretty cushy by comparison with his own private guard detail paid for by the secret service. Would be much cheaper for the tax payer than him getting full secret service while he goes around and he is still forced to live in prison. But yeah, they will probably go easy on him.
    That's interesting...give him his own "wing" or whatever part of a prison. It would be great to see him in an orange jumper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I thought you could have people over with house arrest.

Safest prison would be private max - one can dream.
    Only court approved visitors. I'm not sure about family/spouse though. I am almost certain each case is handled a little differently.

That would be fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    They are already talking about passing a law to take pensions away from former presidents convicted of felonies. They could certainly take away his SS protection too.
    I hope that happens - especially the pension. The SS protection is a mixed bag - I have to say I'm actually in favor of him keeping it, despite the terrible toll it would take on those federal officers assigned to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Not yet. Not sure if you're keeping up with ongoing investigations, but they just keep increasing. And we haven't even begun the Insurrection one (on him).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I was going to ask why he's even reminding people that he exists right now, but that dumbass tweet was apparently from the 11th.

And what's wrong with being a princess? What does he have against traditional gender roles?
    Well that, and Disney didn't cancel Carano because of her character on Star Wars - they canceled her because of real character.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s a crime to lie to a bank to get a loan isn’t it? Could still get him fucked AND lose him his property.
    It's a crime, but it's a civil crime for sure, not necessarily a criminal. Now, it can also be a criminal matter. And if the fraud is linked to, say, wire transfers and other legal shenanigans, well, then we get into Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud, Wire Fraud, etc. And those are all juicy big felonies that people spend 10+ years in jail for.

If the case goes that direction, Trump is going to argue that he had no knowledge of the fraud, that his minions did it without his knowledge or consent. And I would bet that no one at the Trump Organization is going to jail for Trump if they can avoid it - especially after Cohen.

Since Trump likes to value himself at whatever number he wants by simply claiming his "brand" is worth a certain number its very likely he declared different values of wealth between the IRS and Deutsche.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

He's simply lying to begin with about the reasons Disney booted her out. Gina Carano was going full on antisemitic conspiracy theorist on twitter, to put it mildly, and Disney wanted nothing to do with that sort of association.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-02-25 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you love cheerleading Trump and sealioning to try to stir the pot here but you've made several assertions along the lines of "Trump got away with everything."

Impeachment isn't where this all ended. It's where it all started.

Now the actual criminal process kicks in and Trump ain't running in 2024 if he's in some form of jail.

And although he has his unshakable cult (apparently including you) - his support isn't entirely unshakable as the riots have shown -- he could suffer a political death by a thousand paper cuts.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

@cubby

I just thought of something, he is claiming he lives of Mar-A-Lago.

If he was given house arrest there, that would effectively shut down the resort wouldn't it? He couldn't have all them guests or any of that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If he was given house arrest there, that would effectively shut down the resort wouldn't it? He couldn't have all them guests or any of that.
    I'm pretty sure there's a way to have house arrest in a fashion. After all if someone lives in a condo or apartment if they are on house arrest it isn't like the other residents have to move out.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.