Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I can't wait to be top dps as Fury
    yeah you could be top dps in a fight, that dosnt mean fury was top tier dps. in BT fury only was good on 1 fight, most of our melee was either interupting or off tanking in BT and in SW even in brutalus they would get behind any hunter and any lock with 4pc t6

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    haste didnt affect casting speed or autoshot, i remember using wild magic pots because haste pots didnt do much, lust in other hand was pretty good because it affected autoshot speed.
    Apparently in patch 2.4 haste started affecting GCD, unclear (to me at least) if it was only for spell haste (meaning casters) or for all haste.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/forums/topic/18708

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...aste-lower-GCD

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cooldown#Global_cooldown
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    1 button macro won't work since we're in a post-cata client. Macros weren't backdated for Classic so the current rules abide.

Its not a big deal to perform optimally though. You just weave in kill command and steady shot into current routine. Easy enough.

It will vary depending on tiers. It'll be hunters and warlocks competing for the top, with mages not far behind. In T5, and with Innervate support, an arcane mage can theoretically beat hunters and warlocks in dps output.
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /castsequence reset=2.52 Steady Shot, !Auto Shot
    /cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

There is nothing that prevents this from working in today's client as well if Kill Command wasn't on GCD and BM still had Steady Shot.

edit: just tested on my hunter in Shadowlands and it worked, just replaced Kill Command with another ability without GCD. It casted Steady Shot after Auto Shot was shot.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2021-02-25 at 05:03 AM.

yeah you could be top dps in a fight, that dosnt mean fury was top tier dps. in BT fury only was good on 1 fight, most of our melee was either interupting or off tanking in BT and in SW even in brutalus they would get behind any hunter and any lock with 4pc t6
    This post is just so lost.

Brutallus - Back in 2008 I remember progressing on this. He's 7700 armor boss (KJ, Kalecgos, Felmyst, Twins are 6200). I remember going in day 1 (I didn't do Kalecgos progress with them) and doing like 1800 dps after having got a top 20 ranking on Akama (4300dps) and similar on Gorefiend (2400dps ish) competing with our hunters. I had to respec imp demo shout, help stack sunders and keep up imp demo shout, I was so rage starved I was nowhere on the dps and the guild was criticising me asking me where my DPS had vanished to. In low gear on progression Warrior cannot compete with Warlocks on Brut without glaives, later on that problem solves itself with SWP gear (glaives or not) and higher ignore armor. By the time you're doing glory dps on Brut as Fury it doesn't matter anyway, so weird example for you to use.

Hyjal - Every boss in Hyjal is 6200 armor and is mostly a patchwerk, it's insanely good for DPS Warrior. Archimonde is the only difficult fight but if you're good at dodging Doomfire and you intercept the airburst (not floating down into another continent with the tears) you will keep near 100% uptime, making good Fury players able to top this fight.

- https://i.imgur.com/dfEQD2P.jpg - I don't have any shots of Archimonde but I sucked too hard to do good dps on that back in the day (today is another matter). But here look at Anetheron, at relevant T5 + hyjal gear (still got my T4 helm even).

Black Temple - Literally only Supremus is bad for melee and Warrior can blast on most of them. You realise you can interrupt while effectively losing 0 dps? I mean I feel like it's crazy we're having the conversation here that needing to interrupt makes your dps poor, you can full dps on ROS while keeping interrupts. And on Council, we used to separate them wide apart in TBC (not this timewalking almost stacked thing I see now) and when I did interrupt duty on that I was Prot. It's a 6200 armor boss (that's the lowest of the 3 main tiers, amazing) and when I was Fury I went on the Paladin, you only have to briefly reposition and your uptime is high. I used to demolish on that fight in 2008.

I've always been competitive playing Fury, I don't know why we're using this logic of judging dps based on players who did low dps because they had to interrupt every 10 seconds, or had to move for a mechanic occasionally. Why are we basing our opinions on the lowest skilled players? If you take 2 terrible players and put one on a Lock and the other on a Fury you can definitely figure out the 1 button class is gonna do better than the one that requires moment to moment resource management, off gcd abilities and buff tracking.

Players these days are good, the harder to play specs will on average show up better than they did 10-15 years ago.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-02-25 at 04:45 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    lock and hunters are probably top 2.

Then rouges/mages compete for the 3rd spot i guess.

Im not sure about these claims im hearing about arcane mages.
    Back in bc everyone and their grandma played fire with all those juicy tailoring sets, and they were really strong in t4/t5 content easily top 2 alongside locks. Only starting to fall behind in bt and forward.

If this is some private server meta that has come up later mages might be better than what we remember. Gonna be interesting to find out.
    It's the 2-piece set bonus for T5 mage sets... it makes them viable for a short while. The burst is honestly pretty damn high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    -snip-
    This generally falls in line with what I recall from my time raiding in TBC as we had a fairly strong Fury warrior in the guild that was neck-deep in EJ and talking to other top performing warriors as much as he could.
    He tended to DEMOLISH most fights simply due to having a decent amount of skill and understanding how to get Fury set up.

I think a lot of people who are automatically assuming that Fury is somehow a meme spec in TBC will be surprised as how good Fury can be when played properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Apparently in patch 2.4 haste started affecting GCD, unclear (to me at least) if it was only for spell haste (meaning casters) or for all haste.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/forums/topic/18708

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...aste-lower-GCD

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cooldown#Global_cooldown
    Spell haste. Had no effect on Steady Shot.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's the 2-piece set bonus for T5 mage sets... it makes them viable for a short while. The burst is honestly pretty damn high.
    Despite what people think(They thought the same thing about classic, ERMAGERD VANILLA WS SO HUURRDD) TBC will be rolled on. Bosses will die really fast, considering the 2pc and mages burst strength I wouldn't be surprised if they sat up there with hunters now. Especially considering hunters can't ezmode macro in this version of TBC as it was fixed. And considering the changes 2.4 brings to haste/gcd I think fire mage will be in a really good spot. It's not bad by any means in TBC but it's not top but very well could be.

Everyone said warrior wouldn't be good until naxx and hunters would be top in MC and Mages top in AQ due to fire buff stacking, sure enough it was top in every tier.

While warlocks are among top dps they will definitely suffer in speed runs and may even get outdps'd by mages in short fights due to lack of cooldowns.

3+ Year Old Account
    I was told mages were useless and benched in TBC. ROFL.

If TBC Classic will be like Classic, then whatever you roll will be fine unless you really want to push in "progression" raids or compete on timed clears with other guilds. IMO the issue will be if you will want to pvp as well, specifically in Arena.

The amount of misinformation posted by people who think how the game played 14 years ago is how it will play in 2021 is really worrying.

Some stuff is literally outlandish like "warlocks will suffer in speedruns"

if you talk about the endgame(t6,+SW) then: WL >>>>>Hunter>rogue
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I was told mages were useless and benched in TBC. ROFL.
    You were talking to idiots. Mages are incredible for all of TBC until like late Sunwell. Imaging judging a class for an entire expansion based on the performance of a spec on 3 bosses in a tier out of the entire expansion, that's what a lot of people are effectively doing. But with the added bonus that they haven't played TBC but feel like experts because some streamer who saw something about some private server told them it was true.

If you're a good Mage in TBC classic you will have a raid spot from Karazhan to Kil'jaeden.

This is our raid comp we killed Vashj with towards the end of 2007. It's pretty bad, a lot of people without key buffs, no windfury or feral for the melee but still stacked on melee.

2 Warrior tanks
    1 Paladin Tank
    1 Feral Druid
    2 Fury Warriors
    3 Rogues
    2 Hunters
    2 Mages
    3 Warlocks
    1 Boomkin
    1 Shadow Priest
    1 Holy Paladin
    2 Holy Priest
    2 Resto Druids
    2 Resto Shamans

Edit : Yes that's 4 tanks and 7 healers.

Half of them were kids and a few were dads, most of them didn't know what theorycrafting was, let alone perfect raid comp and people in 2021 are sweating over if they can take a mage to a raid because it might be a little worse than Warlock at the very end of the expansion. It's so dumb, TBC is gonna fall over like a pancake, Vashj was one of the main challenges of TBC and we toppled it with effectively a bunch of noobs in shit gear with about as unoptimised a raid comp as can be.

Yatak (the lock) actually later uploaded a video - https://youtu.be/4XYuhF0hrng - Potato quality but you can see my fat ass bumbling about killing adds. I stayed with these guys until the end of Hyjal + half of BT and then went upmarket to a guild who were pushing into mid Sunwell (circa july 2008).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-02-27 at 08:38 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Spell haste. Had no effect on Steady Shot.
    Correct, Steady Shot isn't a spell but a physical ability identical to Slam ...but for ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I also fully expect Lust/Hero to trigger raid wide instead of party wide in BC classic to reduce the need for leatherworkers.
    What? That's not what the drums are..

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    If TBC Classic will be like Classic, then whatever you roll will be fine unless you really want to push in "progression" raids or compete on timed clears with other guilds. IMO the issue will be if you will want to pvp as well, specifically in Arena.
    This is where people are going to be up for a surprise IMO.
    Classic (vanilla) is as simple as it is because we're abusing the shit out of a broken system (world buffs) and then stacking the specs that benefit the most out of them (Warriors and Rogues). Our guild are semi-hardcore and we still spend 2 hours every week on getting every single world buff normally available for Alliance, we also have 15-20 warriors/rogues/mages who carry our damage quite hard. As soon as world buffs are lost our raid dps drops by 40%, making kills take a lot longer ...yes it also reduces the damage from Warlocks and Mages (etc) but not to the same degree as it does for Warriors and Rogues.

What's my point?
    In TBC there are no world buffs to artificially increase your raid DPS, thus there's no way to "cheat your way through" damage requirements. Instead you're required to: A) bring a raid setup that syngergizes well, and B) have your raiders play well and know what to do. Both A and B weren't requirements for Classic (vanilla), but they will be a requirement for Classic (TBC) to a much bigger degree than it has been in Classic (vanilla).
    What does that mean, exactly?
    Are you going to have a balanced raid setup with a lot of utility? Yes, you should ...and will have to if you're going to have smooth raids.
    How? That depends on what route you're taking for your "big pumper" dpsers.
    Are you taking a heavy spell dps raid? Okay, you might not need things like an Arms Warrior to give 4% physical damage taken debuffs on your targets. Instead you might want an extra Shadow Priest, Balance Druid and Elemental Shaman- or maybe even two extra.
    Or are you taking a heavy Hunter setup, then maybe you want 2 Enhancement Shamans and 2 Feral Druids instead ...and definitely a Rogue with Improved Expose Armor ...and a Paladin Tank with Annihilator (lvl 60 1h crafted Axe, if you know you know).

We're still going to stack our raids to some degree, it all just depends on how you do it ...or who you have in your guild. For our guild, Alliance, it's not looking good on the Shaman front as very few wants to reroll.

haste didnt affect casting speed or autoshot, i remember using wild magic pots because haste pots didnt do much, lust in other hand was pretty good because it affected autoshot speed.
    Yes it does. You can clip autoshots if you pop haste pots with bl and rapid fire. That's why you dont
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What? That's not what the drums are..
    They said they wanted to reduce the big need for leatherworking for drums, im sorta expecting raid wide heroism to come from this.

#SomeChanges
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

There is as much chance of a raid wide bloodlust as there is adding achievements to TBC