Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Honestly, try and get the worst wing first. Sounds dumb, but the wings swap every 6 levels. That means if you start with an easy one there’s a chance of the hardest one popping up as the 3rd layer. With the first 6 floors being your regular Torghast styled layout, you’re better off making that the harder of your 3 possible.
    Also, buy and save the orb that changes an enemy into the fire damage reduction buff just in case you get that layer later on and you can get the reduction immediately.
    It doesn't matter with which one you start. You can even get 3 times the same. It's completely random. Which is the reason why starting with coldheart or firedebuff is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Personal experience might make you think hair grows faster after you shave it, but we still know for a fact this isn't true.
    Ok, you know better what i experienced doing my mount.
    I've never wiped or reseted my run.
    Oneshotted everything regardless of Anima Powers, mob/bosses or wing types.
    In general there are probably some differences but personally i did notice that.
    I am not gonna continue this pointless retoric with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Ok, you know better what i experienced doing my mount.
    This is anecdotal evidence at best, not to mention unless you did the same layer with the exact same powers and different affixes twice, which I doubt you did, your analysis isn't accurate anyway.

Those wings with the "out of combat for a while = some enemies will spawn" debuff are usually fine. Just keep a rat in fight, or use the destroyable objects to get into combat from time to time.
    Coldheart as first or second wing is bad - avoid it as 1st wing or just leave, if you get it as 2nd wing. The +hp of the mobs is time-consuming and things won't become better in the third wing.
    Mort'regar can be nice or pretty bad, if you face the elite chorus mobs, especially if there is a double-pack on a teleport platform.

Ideally, you want your first 2 wings to be either Skoldus and Fracture Chambers. Both give torments that have no positive effect on the enemy, they only pester you while out of combat, and thus easily within your control.

For the 3rd torment, anything other than Soulforges and you should be golden. Unless you have spare phantasma to buy a ravenous orb, in which case Soulforges is trivial with the fire damage reduction.

TC isn't all that difficult as long as you're playing the right class and getting the right anima powers. I soloed it easily on my fury warrior, 197 at the time, but struggled with my 210 arcane mage. It really just comes down to playing the class+AP lottery, with a few resets at the beginning to ensure your 1st wing has a preferred torment.
    Last edited by fruitypebble; 2021-02-25 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Personal experience might make you think hair grows faster after you shave it, but we still know for a fact this isn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when you're a class with no on demand healing like DH or Hunter.
    If you're playing DH, just go vengeance for it.

The fire one. Using a ravenous anima orb on a flame mender (flame tender?) and getting the subsequent flame protection power makes its effect trivial
    RETH

Honestly, try and get the worst wing first. Sounds dumb, but the wings swap every 6 levels. That means if you start with an easy one there’s a chance of the hardest one popping up as the 3rd layer. With the first 6 floors being your regular Torghast styled layout, you’re better off making that the harder of your 3 possible.
    Also, buy and save the orb that changes an enemy into the fire damage reduction buff just in case you get that layer later on and you can get the reduction immediately.
    This is false. If you do layer 8 TC, the first wing debuff will stack the highest (since at higher layer, you get a higher stack of initial debuff). While the second and third wing will always start stack at 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    This is false. If you do layer 8 TC, the first wing debuff will stack the highest (since at higher layer, you get a higher stack of initial debuff). While the second and third wing will always start stack at 1.
    Which part is false? If you get the magic damage taken 1st, which is Mort I believe, and then later get no wings with magic damage, or Skoldus (which is fire damage and why I stated to keep an orb for the fire reduction), then getting Mort 1st works out better. Most floors don’t do constant magic damage such as the ghost like enemies from Mort or the fire mobs from Skoldus. The floors that do have magic casters can usually be interrupted not to be an issue. You also should consider the bosses that can appear in those wings. So unless you have a way to not worry about magic damage then those are usually the wings you would prefer to get 1st.
    Also, the inherent health/damage increase per floor is much higher than the increase they will get from the stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    Oh, if that's what he means I would personally go for Fracture Chambers or Skoldus Hall. Pretty basic mobs in both.
    Fracture Chambers also has the huge advantage that you can buy an orb and use it on the mobs there for Marrow Scooper and get a head start on phantasma for purchasing anima powers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ast1982 View Post
    Same as the others said- cold heart interstitia and soulforges are the worst I find, due to the increased hp and the % fire dmg

Just avoid those and it should be easier going
    Get an orange orb and throw it at the mages/fire elementals and you get 65% fire resi. ;p
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Which part is false? If you get the magic damage taken 1st, which is Mort I believe, and then later get no wings with magic damage, or Skoldus (which is fire damage and why I stated to keep an orb for the fire reduction), then getting Mort 1st works out better. Most floors don’t do constant magic damage such as the ghost like enemies from Mort or the fire mobs from Skoldus. The floors that do have magic casters can usually be interrupted not to be an issue. You also should consider the bosses that can appear in those wings. So unless you have a way to not worry about magic damage then those are usually the wings you would prefer to get 1st.
    Also, the inherent health/damage increase per floor is much higher than the increase they will get from the stacks.
    But what wing you get first has 0 influence on what wings you get second or third. It's always better to get an easy wing to begin with rather than get a hard and hope you get lucky and it turns it to be an easy one later on.

Actually no, as someone said, you can get the same wing again. But apart from that you get more stacks of the Initial zone.

So, if you get SoulForges First, you have way more Stacks Fire Damage, than if you get it at layer 7 or 13. The same goes with the other Debuffs.

coldheart is effing cancerous with increasing +x% health on mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The fire one. Using a ravenous anima orb on a flame mender (flame tender?) and getting the subsequent flame protection power makes its effect trivial
    Yup the fire one or the black goop one are easy to work around specially in 18 floor run. Just get one ravenous orb and you can in one case basically negate the problem and in the black goop case actually make it beneficial to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yup the fire one or the black goop one are easy to work around specially in 18 floor run. Just get one ravenous orb and you can in one case basically negate the problem and in the black goop case actually make it beneficial to you.
    Getting Mortregar doesn't make enemies drop puddles, it increases magic damage done by enemies.

Which is undesireable if you end up in a wing that has a fair amount of magic damage. The optimal combination of torments will be Fracture first with ravenous orb on a skeleton, Skoldus, and Soulforge + ravenous fire resist orb. I would ordinarily continuously reset TC until I get one of those 3 as the first wing.

Anything with Coldheart or Upper Reach tends to be an auto reset for me. Mort is tolerable as a 2nd or 3rd wing, but is a reset as the 1st wing. Not because it's hard to cope with, but because it's just more difficult than Fracture and Skoldus purely from a damage taken perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Actually no, as someone said, you can get the same wing again. But apart from that you get more stacks of the Initial zone.

So, if you get SoulForges First, you have way more Stacks Fire Damage, than if you get it at layer 7 or 13. The same goes with the other Debuffs.
    Which as I stated, with the fire reduction you get from the orb makes it almost completely non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Get an orange orb and throw it at the mages/fire elementals and you get 65% fire resi. ;p
    Good tip!

I don't know the answer though, but what happens with the stacks if you have 18 layers of Soulforges? I dread to think haha; even with the 65% resistance could still be a nuisance for those who can't regularly self heal (e.g. mages); unless of course it doesn't go all the way up to ~24%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ast1982 View Post
    Good tip!

I don't know the answer though, but what happens with the stacks if you have 18 layers of Soulforges? I dread to think haha; even with the 65% resistance could still be a nuisance for those who can't regularly self heal (e.g. mages); unless of course it doesn't go all the way up to ~24%
    In the unlikely event you get 3 Soulforges in a row, the run is RIP and you start over.

The real hazard of Twisting though is the combo of wings you get. If you get two coldheart, the mobs are freaking trucks. Or Mort and soul combo is nasty.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Mort'regar wings are easy. Forsworn wings are harder, lots of random fears and shit falling from the sky.
    The fears aren't random. The forsworn agents cast them. Focus on and kill them first, save your interrupt for the fear.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.