Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    BoE's are loot drops so you can't actually have more. Not to mention there have always been trash farms for as long as their have been BoE's.
    If you're just doing a regular ol' Nathria clear, it's pretty common to get more BOEs than you'll get loot off of any singular boss. You get more than an extra boss worth of BOEs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    If you're just doing a regular ol' Nathria clear, it's pretty common to get more BOEs than you'll get loot off of any singular boss. You get more than an extra boss worth of BOEs.
    Right. But it doesn't matter the source of loot since loot is loot. BoE's are not automatically inferior to boss drops and can still be useful for the raid.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    He has too much pride to admit that the way the game played when Ghostcrawler was in charge was infinitely better. Sure, WoD was cut short and devoid of content, but the raids were fucking top notch
    Everybody hated Ghostcrawler back then just like they hate Ion now. I'm sure the next guy/girl after Ion will be hated just as much and we will all wish for the time Ion was in charge. It's a never ending shit cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Everybody hated Ghostcrawler back then just like they hate Ion now. I'm sure the next guy/girl after Ion will be hated just as much and we will all wish for the time Ion was in charge. It's a never ending shit cycle.
    speak for yourself. I like old GC

Just like some people like Ion.

I would like to state for the record that I am an American, and I have never heard of eating pizza with ketchup.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    When Ion is no longer in charge of Warcraft it'll just be the next guy up that is causing literally every problem with warcraft personally.
    A manager in charge of a project has responsibility for the outcome of that project. He can't deflect blame by saying "my underlings messed up". It's literally his job to keep those people on the right path.

His only valid excuse would be if influences from above constrained his behavior.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A manager in charge of a project has responsibility for the outcome of that project. He can't deflect blame by saying "my underlings messed up". It's literally his job to keep those people on the right path.
    So if a pit crew screw up is it the drivers fault because they are the ones driving the car in the race? It is still a team effort regardless of a person being designated as "in charge". Does the one in charge get blame? Sure. Is everything always their fault? Nope. Should we focus blame on the entire team instead of just one person? Definitely. The only reason to focus on one person is to create a scapegoat.

And a scapegoat doesn't offer anything constructive.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if a pit crew screw up is it the drivers fault because they are the ones driving the car in the race? It is still a team effort regardless of a person being designated as "in charge". Does the one in charge get blame? Sure. Is everything always their fault? Nope. Should we focus blame on the entire team instead of just one person? Definitely. The only reason to focus on one person is to create a scapegoat.

And a scapegoat doesn't offer anything constructive.
    The driver isn't the manager, is he? And yeah, it's the racing team's manager's responsibility to train pit crew and replace those not measuring up. Coaches and GMs of sports teams are often replaced due to poor performance of their teams.

The issue isn't scapegoating, it's lack of accountability. If Blizzard is using the some sort of collective decision making where no individual is accountable then it's no surprise they can't seem get better.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-02-23 at 05:48 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

15+ Year Old Account
    The driver isn't the manager, is he? And yeah, it's the racing team's manager's responsibility to train pit crew and replace those not measuring up. Coaches and GMs of sports teams are often replaced due to poor performance of their teams.
    Of course they are replaced due to poor performance. But if the QB is the point of failure you don't blame the coach you blame the QB. That is the point you keep glossing over. Just because you are the manager doesn't mean you are responsible for all problems. Just like you are not responsible when things go good. The team is. This is why singling out one person for all ill is silly.

It isn't his fault if the entire team is to blame.

Warcraft is 'Performing' quite well by any metric that a business cares about. Using a sports analogy, Most fanbases hate the GM/Coach/Owners at various stages, even in winning franchises, and more often than not knee jerk firings of those positions wind up causing a downward spiral for a franchise that takes years to recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Warcraft is 'Performing' quite well by any metric that a business cares about.
    I don't think that it is. I think the metrics for SL going forward are going to be grim.

Doesnt matter. Fact is, Ghostcrawler got shit on at a daily rate when he worked at Blizzard. Alot on this site. He left, someone took his place. Now people on this site shits on that person on a daily basis.

When Ion leaves, someone takes his place. Someone new to shit on.

Its weird blaming all of whats going on at blizzard to one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.
    Ion should just give every player a free full set of the best raid gear every patch, than he wouldn't have to waste time designing stuff half way
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Not true at all. PvP was the dominant part of the game for all of WotLK so the drama around pvp balance kinda dwarfed everything else. Once you get past all the raging about pvp balance ghostcrawler was fairly popular and people liked how real he was, whereas Ion comes across like a total yes-man.

His only valid excuse would be if influences from above constrained his behavior.
    He almost assuredly is constrained by influences from above as you put, everyone who works at ActiBlizz is. (As in, works directly on a game in some sort of dev role)

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Ion should just give every player a free full set of the best raid gear every patch, than he wouldn't have to waste time designing stuff half way
    He did say when he implemented PL that: "Every player deserves loot every time a boss is killed."

15+ Year Old Account
    He did say when he implemented PL that: "Every player deserves loot every time a boss is killed."
    Personal loot was first added during Mists of Pandaria which was before Ion was the game director. The bulk of its refinement happened during WoD as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.
    I dunno what's so hard on a system like this:

Lets imagine there's a 10 ilevel gap between all raid difficulties, so that's normal, heroic and mythic.

Now, you just leveled up to 60, you've done a few normals during leveling that's cool and now you go out doing world quests and you're 160 ish. 155 Is needed for heroics, 170 for LFR Castle Nathria and 165 minimum for mythic dungeons.

Now why Isn't It working like so:

You ding to 60, get gear from proffesions/normal dungeons/world quests. THEN you go do heroic dungeons/pvp for basic blue honor gear which lets you do normal raid. THEN mythic dungeons/Epic PvP conqeust gear If you need gearing up for Mythic raiding and have missed pieces from Normal/Heroic.

It's so simple and It's give or take worked like that since Cataclysm lets say. It's always been easy to get pieces of gear here and there, don't got enough? Buy the rest with badges/honor, bam you're done. Next alt or you go do high end raiding/pvping.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

based on the content Ion plays. its no surprise on the things he does, also being a lawyer doesnt help him.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor