8 6.35%
  • ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When something is badly damaged whacking it with a hammer can be one of the few methods that works to disassemble it.
    Did you also think suicide squad was an accurate representation of archeology when the hula hooping witch/archeology character just straight up opened a jar in a cave destroying it

Weird strawman. All I was saying is they’ve shown Peter’s intelligence and it’s not insane to hit twisted metal with a hammer to break it apart.
    He doesnt seem that smart. In fact he nearly kills his entire class with tony's sunglasses.

Hes close to homer simpsons levels at times.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    So he's...he's like Iron Man, but he's a...a bad guy, a bayd Iron Man.
    "ALL OF SPIDER-MAN'S VILLAINS ARE AFFECTED IN A WAY! AND LOOK AT HOW WE CHANGED THANOS SO THAT HE NOW FITS WITH TONY'S CHARACTER ARC BY SHARING SIMILAR ASPECTS TO OUR BELOVED CHARACTER!"

no. ew. wtf? that's disgusting, and ruins the whole point of these marvel characters being unique...

I just hate it. Then again, I still find the MCU much better than whatever slop the DCEU's barfing out rn. So, ye. Maybe I just hate Superhero Movies? Idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    He doesnt seem that smart. In fact he nearly kills his entire class with tony's sunglasses.

Hes close to homer simpsons levels at times.
    He's also 15-16, and panicky. So, no?

Bullshit. He didn’t know how the glasses worked and, as a panicky kid, got himself into a bad situation. Spider-Man has been known to do that shit.
    Playing with technology you dont know how to use. And techonology that has the most powerful weapons known to man = not smart.

Yeah. Tony Stark is a moron. Likewise with Bruce Banner. Not sure what this has to do with Peter since he never did that shit.
    You cant just say a character is smart, you actually have to show it. "Hes the top of the class while not even trying!" "I made these blasters" yeah cool, but then you're shown as a bumbling idiot every time you're on screen. Its the same problem that shitty movie artemis fowl had, where we're just told hes a genius and are supposed to believe it meanwhile doing jack shit to prove it. Tony Stark built the iron man suit in a cave = now we know hes a smart character not because they show him on magazines as smartest man of the year awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No. Parker was never mentored by Stark. That was a recent thing for the appeal of Robert Downey. Parker had his own genius that has never been shown in the movies unless it was for comparison to Stark. (a stupid move imo. The Marvel universe in the comics is full of geniuses)
    Gotcha, was being open-ended, as I really don't know greater comic knowledge. Anyway, I agree with you all, mentoring was dumb imo. Learned about The Bat who Laughs the other day, talk about extreme blending for a new angle, which furthers proves my thought of anything can exist in comics after 80 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Gotcha, was being open-ended, as I really don't know greater comic knowledge. Anyway, I agree with you all, mentoring was dumb imo. Learned about The Bat who Laughs the other day, talk about extreme blending for a new angle, which furthers proves my thought of anything can exist in comics after 80 years.
    They're going to have to figure out how to fit in Richards and Doom. Both of which are a few levels higher in genius than Stark.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Parker was never mentored by Stark. That was a recent thing for the appeal of Robert Downey. Parker had his own genius that has never been shown in the movies unless it was for comparison to Stark. (a stupid move imo. The Marvel universe in the comics is full of geniuses)
    uh didn't it happen in the civil war event in 2006? iron movie didn't come out until 2008?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You cant just say a character is smart, you actually have to show it. "Hes the top of the class while not even trying!" "I made these blasters" yeah cool, but then you're shown as a bumbling idiot every time you're on screen. Its the same problem that shitty movie artemis fowl had, where we're just told hes a genius and are supposed to believe it meanwhile doing jack shit to prove it. Tony Stark built the iron man suit in a cave = now we know hes a smart character not because they show him on magazines as smartest man of the year awards.
    would you rather they made Peter Parker a Mary Sue level character. Someone who knows how to do everything, has all the answers and never makes mistakes? I agree, there are ways to show intellect that they are missing. But to say he is Homer Simpson levels? Not seeing it. He's smart but in the body of an emotional and hormonal teenager. Those qualities don't usually work together.

Besides, they could have gone the Artemis Fowl route of "showing" genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    would you rather they made Peter Parker a Mary Sue level character. Someone who knows how to do everything, has all the answers and never makes mistakes? I agree, there are ways to show intellect that they are missing. But to say he is Homer Simpson levels? Not seeing it. He's smart but in the body of an emotional and hormonal teenager. Those qualities don't usually work together.

Besides, they could have gone the Artemis Fowl route of "showing" genius...
    Its like they just go through a check list instead of creating interesting characters.

-he's a super genius check.
    -he's awkward with girls so he's relatable with the teen crowd even though he's a super smart athletic dude with perfect skin check.
    -he's humble and in awe of the other avengers for lots of one liners check.
    -he's lacking self confidence in his abilities but has no problem being dragged into space to save his friends.

Its like pick a lane already

Is it a comic book thing? All the 'home' is kind of an odd trilogy theme, please don't reply with why each one is a version of home...

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    uh didn't it happen in the civil war event in 2006? iron movie didn't come out until 2008?
    Those are the more recent comics...?
    The first few decades please. Not after Marvel was hitting every low it could to try to recapture it's golden years.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are the more recent comics...?
    The first few decades please. Not after Marvel was hitting every low it could to try to recapture it's golden years.
    You said it was after Iron Man movies. It was before Iron Man movies. Civil war/iron spider happened in 2006. Iron man movie was in 2008.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

He was though. Granted it happened when Peter was older (mid 20s)... but it happened. And it had nothing to do with RDJ.

https://www.cbr.com/spiderman-comics...areers-ranked/

Stark hired Peter on as his personal assistant and began to mentor the young hero, who he created a high-tech uniform that became known as the Iron Spider suit. This closer relationship led to Spider-Man's eventual public unmasking during Civil War, though that would ultimately end their professional relationship as they fell on different sides of the battle.
    This happened before RDJ was even cast as Iron Man.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

RDJ and spider-man together was pretty much the only things that worked for me. They had good chemistry together and their bond makes sense because they are similar in a lot of ways and peter has a missing father like all marvel heroes

Was noticable in far from home holland struggled to carry the show by himself even with jake gyllenhaal being great as always but was the most obvious plot points in history

They really like the "home" theme in the titles

Wait... So, will this movie only make sense if one has seen Into the Spider-Verse first...?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Wait... So, will this movie only make sense if one has seen Into the Spider-Verse first...?
    Different movies. This is still the MCU and Holland's Spider-Man, but it'll bring back (supposedly) Maguire and Garfield, along with some of their villains from their movies. I don't believe they would bring in a Miles Spider-Man.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not "Into the Spider-Verse". .. just both of Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield's second Spider-Man films. And I imagine everything that one absolutely needs to know will be explained in the movie...but seeing those movies will add extra detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Different movies. This is still the MCU and Holland's Spider-Man, but it'll bring back (supposedly) Maguire and Garfield, along with some of their villains from their movies. I don't believe they would bring in a Miles Spider-Man.
    Well, they've already alluded that Miles Morales is in the MCU. Donald Glover's character, Aaron Davis, in Homecoming mentions he has a nephew. In the comics (and in Spider-Verse), Miles is Aaron's Nephew.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

N

It just sucks that they made Donald his uncle when he has been after that Miles role for a while. It’ll be cool if they introduce him in some capacity though.
    Well, he has done some voice acting for Miles in Ultimate Spider-Man bur he's a little old to be playing him in a live action film, though

I'd love to see Glover continue to play Aaron Davis though.