Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Your obsession with Twitch stats is so weird. This is such an asinine point to make. It's like you are so desperate for a win...
    Not as weird as your discomfort about Star Citizen Twitch stats compared with other space games. It's like you are so desperate for seeing it come out on top, despite saying you don't care about Twitch stats. Weird indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Not as weird as your discomfort about Star Citizen Twitch stats compared with other space games. It's like you are so desperate for seeing it come out on top, despite saying you don't care about Twitch stats. Weird indeed.
    It has nothing to do with discomfort, I just think it is a particulary stupid argument to make.
    A game with an hourly concurrency of 40,000 players is far healthier and far more popular than one with 3000 concurrency regardless of whether it gets watched more on Twitch or not.

It has nothing to do with discomfort, I just think it is a particulary stupid argument to make.
    A game with an hourly concurrency of 40,000 players is far healthier and far more popular than one with 3000 concurrency regardless of whether it gets watched more on Twitch or not.
    So why make conflicting statements like:

While it is the most streamed and watched space game on Twitch it is not the most played space game on Twitch, not by a long shot.
    It's almost has if you care about Twitch stats while not caring.

So why make conflicting statements like:

It's almost has if you care about Twitch stats while not caring.
    Pointing out the fallacies of your claims does not mean I care about Twitch. Don't be silly.

Pointing out the fallacies of your claims does not mean I care about Twitch. Don't be silly.
    There's no fallacy in Twitch numbers, it is what it is: https://sullygnome.com/games/streamed

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Twitch stats mean fuck all. As I said previously, all you're seeing is a few people actually playing the game with more people not playing the game. That's not a winning argument. And most people are far more likely to only watch any given game if their favourite personalities are playing said game. It isn't because of the game itself.

This remains a deeply, deeply depressing thread. I cannot imagine spending my time twisting pretzels to defend something that doesn't care about me.
    Yet, here you are.

Saying that Twitch stats mean fuck all is the same as saying that Player Engagement means fuck all.

Both couldn't be farther from the truth.

The top streamed and watched games on Twitch years after years are also the top games in their genre in popularity and player base.

Must be just a happy coincidence.

Star Citizen is really stunning, it might be the sci-fi game with the best visuals.
    (Hopefully those are all screenshots and I haven't caught artworks)

Yet, here you are.

Saying that Twitch stats mean fuck all is the same as saying that Player Engagement means fuck all.

Both couldn't be farther from the truth.

The top streamed and watched games on Twitch years after years are also the top games in their genre in popularity and player base.

Must be just a happy coincidence.
    I've played and enjoyed EVE, but it's not something I'd enjoy watching someone else play on Twitch. I can think of a myriad of games that are simply shit to watch someone else playing, but are awesome games to play.

Your logic is completely, utterly and totally flawed.

There's no fallacy in Twitch numbers, it is what it is: https://sullygnome.com/games/streamed
    Go on, just carry on being silly...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Indeed, here I am. I dip in when the mood takes me and I fancy a laugh.
    Boredom impersonated.

New ISC:

Decided to check in randomly to see what's up. Updates are now apparently every 14 days instead of week. Here is the latest one:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...-march-24-2021

*crickets*

Thr most juicy drama comes from CIG and an announcement regarding streamers on the subject of stream sniping.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...stream-sniping

Holy shit were CIG fried for this one. I should start checking in more, Star Citizen is such a disaster on every level except funding it is laughable how it even got to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    LoL getting those microtransaction ships out there so you can take a box from point A to B and then absolutely nothing else! SO MUCH CONTENT! I need Ando to come in here and explain to us how we dont understand how to make IF()Else{} statements, oops lol I mean Subsumption AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to check in randomly to see what's up. Updates are now apparently every 14 days instead of week. Here is the latest one:

*crickets*

Thr most juicy drama comes from CIG and an announcement regarding streamers on the subject of stream sniping.

Holy shit were CIG fried for this one. I should start checking in more, Star Citizen is such a disaster on every level except funding it is laughable how it even got to this point.
    Best part. Read the comments on Spectrum. Normally it is cited that "people who care the most about SC use Spectrum" but holy hell they are hilarious. They are literally all dogging on them. That family guy gif is too perfect.

I expressed casual interest in the game as a fan of Sci-Fi and Space genres weeks back, two people on these forums tried to offer an type of optimistic view of the game with misleading statements and cherry picked media, while all others cautioned me away. I wish SC would be the game so many want it to be, but at this point, i think its more realistic just to simply wish it would be a game that is released.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

What I find very interesting is how the community on their own forums is very negative on that post, as it should be considering the content of the post. I thought that community always was in lockstep and such an amazing community who loves everything CIG feeds them. 573 upvotes on SpaceCutlet's very well thought out post slamming CIG for their failures.

As far as stream sniping goes to take down streamers. Good. If you stream you put yourself at risk. It happens in many other games. They want to be smart about streaming then they can put a delay or not stream themselves in spots where they are likely to get jumped. That is their fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Best part. Read the comments on Spectrum. Normally it is cited that "people who care the most about SC use Spectrum" but holy hell they are hilarious. They are literally all dogging on them. That family guy gif is too perfect.
    Haha no kidding. Ship Sales - ON TIME. That one was comedy gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I expressed casual interest in the game as a fan of Sci-Fi and Space genres weeks back, two people on these forums tried to offer an type of optimistic view of the game with misleading statements and cherry picked media, while all others cautioned me away. I wish SC would be the game so many want it to be, but at this point, i think its more realistic just to simply wish it would be a game that is released.
    It really does paint quite the picture of the game and the community though. Some people have no problem lying about the game to try and sucker people into playing it, plopping money down on it or whatever else. The reality of this game is clear as day that they cannot meet any deadline they put out, full of cancelled/delayed projects and just the general goal of 'kicking the can down the road' to keep funding coming in while they continue to fuck up the project.

Anyone considering to pay this game.
    Know that your payment is like donation. If they ban you before delivering or do not deliver at all, you can ask no refund after 30 days of payment.
    You will have to sue and win, maybe.
    They can ban you for any negativity in game or forums.

They have paid trolls all over internet. Do not be fooled by them.
    They have lied about release dates twice already. 2014 didn't happen, 2016 didn't happen and after 5 years there is still nothing, no date or product.

I say again, you are not buying a game. Its like a donation. You can't get refund if game doesn't get delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    Anyone considering to pay this game.
    Know that your payment is like donation. If they ban you before delivering or do not deliver at all, you can ask no refund after 30 days of payment.
    You will have to sue and win, maybe.
    They can ban you for any negativity in game or forums.

They have paid trolls all over internet. Do not be fooled by them.
    They have lied about release dates twice already. 2014 didn't happen, 2016 didn't happen and after 5 years there is still nothing, no date or product.

I say again, you are not buying a game. Its like a donation. You can't get refund if game doesn't get delivered.
    We know bro. Thankfully, our local paid shill MrAnderson is either on a vacation or quit his job.

*crickets*
    The GIF in the first comment is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL getting those microtransaction ships out there so you can take a box from point A to B and then absolutely nothing else! SO MUCH CONTENT! I need Ando to come in here and explain to us how we dont understand how to make IF()Else{} statements, oops lol I mean Subsumption AI.
    Ando is a CIG employee assigned to a few forums, his working hours are not up yet

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    Ando is a CIG employee assigned to a few forums, his working hours are not up yet
    What is the going rate for a paid shill anyway? Do they get paid in gifs - I mean ships?

It seems like a cushy job. Check out a few forums every now and then and cut and paste the latest assigned talking points then go back to playing games that actually work.

fanatics need to preach for their chosen religion and boost it's power
    it happened with christians when they destroyed any other "pagan" religion to have all the money, power & prestige from the plebs

more people that believe in the SC religion mean more money for their spiritual leader Saint Robert