Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Can we just talk about the "new" male Human hairstyle with a ponytail in the middle of nowhere again? Lol

It says everything about how mutch they care

Man, it's the hair. The hair has a ponytail.
    they care so much about the styles they even put effort to put style on the style
    why don't you see it?

/s

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    What a spectacular backfire this was!
    What backfired and on who?

This is one main area I see Blizzard slipping behind much of the competition, and on paper, its an "easy" win for them. More customization really is a win/win as far as i can see it. No, i dont want the sliders other mmos and games have where you end up with comical and idiotic looking players running everywhere, and yes, they need to work within the limitations presented by having so many different gear slots and styles, totally understand that.

But more unique and different hairstyles and faces, beards, sub-races like wildhammer etc - I just dont see a negative at all outside of the dev time to produce them - which, shock horror, is how the game industry works - obviously nothing is free, but for the life of me I cant see a downside for Blizzard here.

Since im confident most if not all of you are major game devs, can anyone with experience in this realm provide some input on how much dev time would be required to put together a new hairstyle?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-25 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Can we just talk about the "new" male Human hairstyle with a ponytail in the middle of nowhere again? Lol

It says everything about how mutch they care

I'm gonna be fair on them here.

This hairstyle is from WoD. WoD included some pretty horrible hairstyles that never made it in back then that they made available in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    They went quite literal with it being a selling point of the expansion
    It's still on the Shadowlands expansion features page, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently an update of sorts on this topic.

I would laugh if it weren't so tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's still on the Shadowlands expansion features page, too.
    XD I mean, it was literally just to sell the expansion; now that's pretty much out, they really see no reason why to spend resources.

better hype more customization as a 10.x selling feature lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    XD I mean, it was literally just to sell the expansion; now that's pretty much out, they really see no reason why to spend resources.

better hype more customization as a 10.x selling feature lol
    It's like adding the 7.3.5. allied races and then Mag'har and Dark Irons with BfA launch and then stating during 8.1 previews: "Yeah, we're done adding allied races for the rest of the expansion. Maybe in 9.0."

Apparently an update of sorts on this topic.

Sometimes I wonder if Ion tries to one-up himself each expansion by doing at least one awful thing that induces outrage for a majority of players. I've tried to be fair with the guy, but every time I give him the benefit of the doubt he strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Ion tries to one-up himself each expansion by doing at least one awful thing that induces outrage for a majority of players. I've tried to be fair with the guy, but every time I give him the benefit of the doubt he strikes again.
    Honestly, I can give Ion shit here, and I do think it's a dumb statement.

But he's probably just trying to crawl out of the mess created by his co-workers. Sure, his answer wouldn't have changed in essence, but he likely would've wrapped it up in lawyerisms. The fact that his co-workers were so frank about it meant that he was put on the spot.

That's what I assume, at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    he basically said since we are not getting new customizations to our characters everything is good cause transmogs?

Blizzard man

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he basically said since we are not getting new customizations to our characters everything is good cause transmogs?

Blizzard man
    "We are cutting this expansion one patch in. But don't worry, we have transmogs in this content update to make it up to you."
    "Don't you always give us new transmog with content patches, anyway?"
    "Yes, but this one is reused."
    "??"
    "Well bye!"

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Blizzard man
    Transmog is totally not a replacement for customization. Not only that, but the new Covenant sets are really lackluster. Did they really think more of the controversial Covenant system was the answer to requests for customization? So out of touch with their playerbase. They have become corporate masters in their ivory towers who only listen to the echo chamber of sycophantic employees jostling to kiss the most behind.

Where is the passion? Where is the drive?

Showcase of user-made fully implemented ports of existing assets from other races to nightborne male. This is like the lowest hanging fruit imaginable, but nope, waiting any less than 2 years to maybe see something like this is too much to ask for a market leader who claimed it would be an ongoing focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post

Showcase of user-made fully implemented ports of existing assets from other races to nightborne male. This is like the lowest hanging fruit imaginable, but nope, waiting any less than 2 years to maybe see something like this is too much to ask for a market leader who claimed it would be an ongoing focus.
    My god. It's painful that a random person managed to implement that much.

Even the glowy hands.

My god. It's painful that a random person managed to implement that much.

Even the glowy hands.
    And I bet it didn't take up much time either.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Blizzard doesn't listen. It's really odd, they could earn a lot of money by listening a bit, yet they don't. Don't you guys wanna make money?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Blizzard doesn't listen. It's really odd, they could earn a lot of money by listening a bit, yet they don't. Don't you guys wanna make money?
    I'd fucking pay for Dark Ranger customization or even as a class. I want them so freakin' bad and have since I started playing. There's their money right there. Would it be a slimy move? Sure, but at least they'd have no dumb excuses not to implement something already in the game files. At the bare minimum I'm asking them to enable NPC options and share hairstyles and customizations across races where it makes sense. I wouldn't be so upset if they gave me a real reason instead of river dancing around it. I could also understand them writing off customization until they caught up (if they needed to, but that clearly isn't the case as they stated in the making of the tree mount video that the art team is ahead) not the entire expansion.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

There's definitely been more than enough customization added to races. I'm more interested in expanding the playable races overall. There's hundreds of races in wow and I think it would be sick to play as them. Obviously that is crazy hard to incorporate playable races into a universe dominated by a select few, but damnit i want to be a big fat auchindoun arrakoa!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    There's definitely been more than enough customization added to humans, tauren and night elves

There, I fixed your comment
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    And I bet it didn't take up much time either.
    it cost them at least 1 raid tier

I still want Sethrak. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    There, I fixed your comment
    You forgot Orcs.
    But even those races I feel could use more stuff.
    But not nearly as much as the allied races, Goblins, Pandaren, Worgen, Trolls, Draenei, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Undead and Gnomes.

Did I forget any?