Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd rather not type a 5000 word essay breaking down your crippling mental illness.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-02-26 at 07:28 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    I'd rather not type a 5000 word essay breaking down your crippling mental illness.
    Oooh a mental health expert! Please don’t hide your knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    One doesn't have to be a homophobe just to write fa****s or a racist to write n*****s. Immature, yeah.
    Hi

Yes, lets punish free speech, Kim Jong-un should be made president of the world!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    2. There is a difference in what I believe and my opinion, and how I conform to a platform's rules. I may be ok with people using whatever word they want but MMO-C isn't, therefor I use terms like "gamer words". Big brain concept.
    How can it be a big brain concept when it doesn't exist? Calling it a gamer word rather then speech just further shows how full of it you are. You move the goal posts to anything and everything that defends hate speech so you can continue to normalize its behavior. Again that type of speech is not gamer words in the slightest. Nothing about being a gamer requires such hateful language.

And being "big brain" would be using that brain to still insult and vent your frustration with out the hate speech. Like saying Shiitake Mushrooms instead of the curse word. Of course you agree with it on some level because that is what blanket defending it means. That is what saying "it doesn't exist" means. The freedom to speak what you want doesn't mean that you should actually say whatever you want. A big distinction that you continually miss despite claiming to have a big brain. Weird right?

If you didn't use a cult classic as proof of anything then why was it used as an example to try to prove what the world is becoming? Weird right? You commit while trying to back down. The only snow flakes here are people like yourself that keep defending hate speech out of principle. That hate speech is okay because they have the right to say whatever they want. That isn't what Freedom of Speech is as a core of the US or really any other country that has it as a foundation.

Protecting the right to say doesn't mean it is right to say it. And that is the subtle difference you lack.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

dude said he had the n word pass, this is a non story

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Yes, lets punish free speech, Kim Jong-un should be made president of the world!
    Private companies can chose to kick bigots out of their platforms or sponsorhips,why do you hate the free market?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    *The world is racist.

Fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a great definition for the whole world. Why should the WoW community be any different...?
    Glad you said that. It’s always telling to me how people pretend it’s only America who is racist or the west. You can see how Latin American countries treat their black population. We can see how non Asians are treated amongst China or Korea for example. Don’t even get me started on Japan. It’s all vile.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The first hate speech case reached the Supreme Court in 1942. Which is longer then 10 years ago. I think the fundamental problem here is a lack of education on the topic and it really shows in your responses. There is a reason why race and discrimination are federally protected things in the US and even then it still hasn't ended. Which again shows your lack of education on the topic while trying to speak as if you have some authority or knowledge.
    they are federally protected when it comes to things like employment and civil rights, not when it comes to what you do in your own house. last i checked it's for example perfectly legal to have confederate flags and the like in the US, despite those regularly being the topic of hate speech debates.

Lynching is hate.
    only because of the cultural history the word has in the US. it's just a word in most other places.

Raping is hate.
    no it's not.

It doesn't matter if demographics shift over 10 years. Hate speech is Hate speech and should not be tolerated in any means.
    considering slavery and racism was legal in the past, what is and isn't hate speech (or worse) very much seems like a very fluid thing that changes all the time to me.

Stop trying to defend hate speech just because a country, culture, or people have normalized it as acceptable. That just means there is a large group to educate and work with to change the hate.
    what's next? you going to apologize to me because my country made gay marriage legal 20 years ago and you guys only just caught up?

what if in 10 years the death penalty is seen as a bad thing everywhere in the US? you going to cancel people who were in favor of it today?

what about those people in jail for weed? how did you think about that 10 years ago?

things change. but only in places like china, russia or north korea do you face serious consequences for having an opinion that's against the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Glad you said that. It’s always telling to me how people pretend it’s only America who is racist or the west. You can see how Latin American countries treat their black population. We can see how non Asians are treated amongst China or Korea for example. Don’t even get me started on Japan. It’s all vile.
    yeah,japan even has laws that discriminates against non japanese,even the legal system is royaly disgusting there,i mean if iran was doing what japan does we would have boots on the ground LOL

but the thing is,those countries were not built on the same ideals usa was,usa should be held to a higher standard and to the promise of its founding

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    no it's not.
    What the fuck is rape to you if not hate?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

usually rape is about power. most rape is also between people who already know and don't hate eachother.

rape is usualy about power,or simply people that lack empathy and dont care that they are hurting someone for their own satisfaction,often times its also people with mental issues who like someone but again...dont care that its wrong and harmful,i mean it can be a hate driven thing....but in no way is that the predominant reason behind it

breaking news high end gamers have anti woke political beliefs
    it should be expected lol, i mean cmon they all have pepe the frog emojis

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    ORRRR....

We can make a stand, root at all forms of racism and actually force these types of people out of society. These attitudes have no place in a western democracy whether you live in Alabama or Brussels. It's time for jail time. Don't like it? How about after being bashed by the cops and then dragged off to jail. Racism should have been gone by now. I call for violence to solve it.
    Where is the line then? Are we going to bash peoples skulls in when a black person use the phrase "white thrash"? I can safely say that they use this phrase quite commonly, so we bash quite a bit of black people, what else? But we can't do that, thats racist! While we are at it lets bash the woman who typed the coca-cola's "try to be less white" training. Where "whiteness" is the root of all evil.

Sad truth, only reason this thread is going on is because in those discords they used the "n-word". I can bet anything you can possibly want that if they were any other race making fun of white people and berating them in any shape of form the article wouldn't exist. Also calling and supporting violence that is enacted by goverment is prolly the most interesting thing i seen in a while, not like whenever you give the government rights to abuse a certain group of people because of their speech, that country turns to a country like USSR and North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    typical reponse when someone lacks the mental capacity to actualy have a retort
    Free speech isn't a racist dog whistle. It's been championed for decades by hippy types, It's been a saying LONG before Trump came around that "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". It wasn't even that long ago, when the evil right wingers wanted warning labels on rock music, all the lefties were championing free speech. But oh now all of a sudden it's just a dog whistle for white supremacist because the Young turks said so

Also, don't lump every one into the same group. Just because 1 person says\think that speech is free of consequences, doesn't mean everyone agrees 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Free speech isn't a racist dog whistle. It's been championed for decades by hippy types, It's been a saying LONG before Trump came around that "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". It wasn't even that long ago, when the evil right wingers wanted warning labels on rock music, all the lefties were championing free speech. But oh now all of a sudden it's just a dog whistle for white supremacist because the Young turks said so

Also, don't lump every one into the same group. Just because 1 person says\think that speech is free of consequences, doesn't mean everyone agrees 100%
    People who talk about free speech for situations where its not about free speech is 100% a racist dogwhistle,trust me...republicans usualy use it when they get shit on for using the N word and getting fired

Free speech doesnt exist to protect you from being kicked of a private platform or fired for being a bigot,look in to what free speech is

When people on the left complained it was usualy about goverment related free speech issues

Why do you hate the free market?
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-02-26 at 03:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    they are federally protected when it comes to things like employment and civil rights, not when it comes to what you do in your own house. last i checked it's for example perfectly legal to have confederate flags and the like in the US, despite those regularly being the topic of hate speech debates.
    Which covers hate speech during those processes and is still longer then 10 years. The FBI has also investigated hate crimes as far back as WW1 according to their own website on the topic. They have also been mandated by law to collect statistics on hate crimes since 1990 (first report is 6 years later) so that still is more then 10 years ago. So it seems like the problem you have is even worse. It isn't ignorance on the subject but intentional protecting of hate speech through whatever means you can. Weird for a person that said you wouldn't take a stance either way right?

Things change. No one has ever said they do not. Stop trying to hide behind things simply because you keep wanting to protect hateful things. Hate is hate. What matters is how that hate is used now and how it was used in the past. There is a reason why not all past usage of things is considered equal. The person using hate speech in the past, present, or future is not a victim. They are a casualty of their own hate. Stop trying to claim otherwise just because things change.

Normal doesn't mean it still isn't hate. What a weird thing to even try to argue. Because using your logic hate speech or anything bad can not exist as long as the people doing such actions view it as normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    but the thing is,those countries were not built on the same ideals usa was,usa should be held to a higher standard and to the promise of its founding
    That is just dumb. Countries should not be held to higher standards because of their founding or culture. Hate is hate. It only shows how and where you must begin to start educating people on why hate is bad and what actual hate speech is.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-26 at 03:25 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so dumb. I don’t condone it but they have freedom of speech.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    I don’t condone it but
    Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Racism is bad and all but...