Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    be aware we are looking at prolonged prepatch to help our esteemed new guests aka be+draenei to catch up.

so what is the real question here ? time until 2.4.3 will hit servers or time until "stomped by fel reavers in HFP" ?
    Dont recall what the "typical" length of a prepatch is, but I would be surprised if it is much more than 3-4 weeks at the maximum.

Sure Naxxramas isnt as big as TBC releasing, but it was still a big thing alot of people looked forward to, and a lot of people almost exclusively played classic to partake in Naxxramas. They did release this almost at the same time as SL.

3+ Year Old Account
    July, late June at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    My bet is that you don't need to beta test a 14 years old game for 6-8 months (longer than actual new expansions) so anything beyond may/june is unrealistic and pretty much unacceptable.
    considering the fact that its almost march and we have no release date. and the fact that retail 9.1 wont release until june liklely, tells me tbc isnt coming til late summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    probably the same week as 9.1 just to once again fuck over ppl who wants to play both. I mean, its Blizzard we are talking about afterall.
    yeah, who likes making choices. blizzard is bad for not letting me have everything.

dont worry though, 9.1 will be out by june and tbc wont liukely be out til august. there you go!

I'm going to guess May/June since the Alpha is visible to bnet catalogue. Beta will probably start Mid-March and it'll release either late May or early June
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It’s pointless to speculate.

Most likely between 9.1 and 9.2 which would put it roughly in the Nov-Dec area

About the same time Classic was released.

Realistically, I’d guess late summer. Hoping for sooner but something tells me overlapping Naxx/SL is not the same as TBC/9.1. Dark Portal and Outlands is a special level of nostalgia for a broader audience.

Release 9.1 April/May, Mythic races, then the TBC media/stream hype and June pre-patch.

I would love to have TBC by may as the leaks suggest but It seems unlikely mainly because of

1. They probably want belfs/dreanai to be able to get to max lvl during pre patch (especially with the boost being a thing) and if blizz caters the time to "casual levelers" They might want to give them a lot of time
    2. They probably don't want to solve the current drought in SL with TBC
    3. They were saying that they're still discussing small changes which may imply that they will do some testing for certain changes which may take longer than intended

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    My initial hope was for a May release, but that seems less and less likely. I expect a beta to last about 2 months, then a month of the pre-patch before actual release.
    TBH, I would consider the pre-patch to be somewhat part of the actual release itself, something like "phase 0".
    Draenei, Blood Elves, talents and jewelcrafting are actual BC content after all.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah, who likes making choices. blizzard is bad for not letting me have everything.

dont worry though, 9.1 will be out by june and tbc wont liukely be out til august. there you go!
    Ah yeah, the interesting choice of either letting my fellow classic raiders down or m fellow retail raiders. This is the real interesting choice. The covenants are a nobrainer.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by tounsi View Post
    I was looking for a thread on this thought I might as well start it myself...

When do you think it will release? My bet is late summer /early fall 2021
    They usually announce releases 2months out so i assume they have a go/no-go call around this time. No BETA testing has occurred yet so i'd say May would be the absolute earliest with July/August being likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    2022 for sure.
    Nah they will release it in 2021. No reason to delay it.

7+ Year Old Account
    This coming Tuesday.

Around august 2021 - Would be 2 years since current classic was released. It used to be roughly 2 years apart back then, likely the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    TBH, I would consider the pre-patch to be somewhat part of the actual release itself, something like "phase 0".
    Draenei, Blood Elves, talents and jewelcrafting are actual BC content after all.
    Oh, I agree, which is why I think most people won't mind if the actual released gets pushed off to the right. The pre-patch is going to be a huge shift in activity on the servers.

2 months to beta test a finished and nearly polished product!?

Okay i guess

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    2 months to beta test a finished and nearly polished product!?

Okay i guess
    How do you know that it's finished? How do you know that it's polished? Classic required at least four months of alpha and beta and that was also a "finished and polished product" whatever the hell that means when moving to a completely different codebase. It would be naive to not expect at least the same amount of beta testing that we had for Classic. Nobody want them to create a broken and buggy mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    How do you know that it's finished? How do you know that it's polished? Classic required at least four months of alpha and beta and that was also a "finished and polished product" whatever the hell that means when moving to a completely different codebase. It would be naive to not expect at least the same amount of beta testing that we had for Classic. Nobody want them to create a broken and buggy mess.
    Educated guess after seing them saying for years that they didnt have any complete data pre TBC but still managed to pull Classic off in 4 months of alpha and beta as you well said, so with more tools that they had before, with more complete data that they had before, my educated guess is that half of that period is more than plausible.