Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    huh?the point was about the black guy using the N word...
    You can be also racist towards your race. I am a Turkish guy, If i call other Turkish dudes as my "terrorist" or do an allah akbar joke, its racist. Just because your skin is black doesn't make a word less racist DEPENDING on the context. If a black dude use "my nigga" towards his friend, yeah you can say that is not racist, he twisted to word to a form of endearment, still not a smart way of using the language you might argue. However if a rap singer XLiLgANgsta0 say he will shoot every single N- word in his town to get respect or whatever shitty lyrics that it has, guess what that is. Or when they call other black people who are succesfull as uncle toms, guess what that is! Racism!

Uncle Tom:
    Now, an "Uncle Tom" is a derogatory term to describe a black man who "acts white" and "talks white", or who is a sell-out to his own race. A black man who kisses white people's asses, and who will turn his back on other black people to keep the approval of whites. A sell-out, an ass kisser, a race traitor...

I will repeat it again, none of you, none, NONE, would give two shits about that article if those dudes were any minority and they were being racists towards white people openly. It wouldn't be news, nobody would give 2 shits about it. So quit lying to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=BigToast;53041146]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Literally any race or ethnicity.

- - - Updated - - -

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized."

Or

"The belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."
    /QUOTE]

Exactly, and in what world are white people a minority or marginalized?...
    Typically doesn't always equals to always by the way, I know your language skills might need some work with that. You don't have to be in a minority to someone be racist towards you. BUT, if you want a minority of white people going through racism from black people, there you go! Read it! Educate yourself.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/so.../01/id/846194/

However, as i said, typically doesn't always equate to always. Anybody can be racist towards anybody. I can be turkish and if I call turks "bloody kebabs" or say them kebab kebab when they are talking to berate them, guess what the fuck I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    If i call other Turkish dudes as my "terrorist" or do an allah akbar joke, its racist.
    Not if it was meant as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Not if it was meant as a joke.
    It's a racist joke yes, nobody said its a vile joke that meant to be hurtful. But some lunatics in this thread that people should go to FUCKING JAIL from their discord conversations, where most of them were joking probably, because none would have the balls to be a racist towards a black person in real life, unless you want a good ass whopping. From pretty much everybody from the area, regardless of race.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just growing pains for this community. Professional sports had the same issue years ago where media and such started getting far more involved in and around these events, where you start hearing what players say to each other on an off the field (hockey, football and especially baseball). It's funny because with empty stadiums in baseball you get to hear what players say way more often when they strike out while up to bat.

Regardless of your feelings on this you should probably watch your mouth and what you post online if you're attempting to make a name for yourself playing video games. Whether you're purely an entertainer or somebody that has a more competitive mindset. You're absolutely free to say whatever the fuck you want, but companies and advertisers have every right to drop you instantly. It doesn't matter whether you're truly racist or what your intent is, advertisers are skittish and they don't want their brand associated with negativity at all and the potential backlash.

When people started streaming WF shit in the last expansion it's amazing to me that people were puzzled as to why certain guilds just muted their communications, like it's pretty obvious guys.

Also if you think this is solely a North American (or U.S specific problem) then you're delusional.

A lot of people have edgy phases in their lives. Mine took place from the age of 13-17 nearly 20 years ago without social media involved. Even then, I wasn't retarded enough to say stupid shit on public forums or around people I didn't know. These days people post retarded ass shit on public and private discords, are recorded saying stupid shit while streaming (or a friend is streaming), or have archived posts on forums/social media from years ago and wonder how people dig this stuff up.

While my friend Justin I've known for nearly 30 years wouldn't out the dumb shit I said during my teens, do you honestly expect your quiet raid members that you barely associate with not to take anything you post on your private discord, or accidently stream you saying dumb stuff during arena/raid?

For most of these people what are you expecting people to do? It's not surprising to me, and while I agree a lot of these people are pieces of shit, what are we suppose to do? Some people are literally immune to repercussions from this type of behavior there's nothing you can take away from them. If you have a guild filled with racists that aren't sponsored or well known, what can you really do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I think it's just growing pains for this community. Professional sports had the same issue years ago where media and such started getting far more involved in and around these events, where you start hearing what players say to each other on an off the field (hockey, football and especially baseball). It's funny because with empty stadiums in baseball you get to hear what players say way more often when they strike out while up to bat.

Regardless of your feelings on this you should probably watch your mouth and what you post online if you're attempting to make a name for yourself playing video games. Whether you're purely an entertainer or somebody that has a more competitive mindset. You're absolutely free to say whatever the fuck you want, but companies and advertisers have every right to drop you instantly. It doesn't matter whether you're truly racist or what your intent is, advertisers are skittish and they don't want their brand associated with negativity at all and the potential backlash.

When people started streaming WF shit in the last expansion it's amazing to me that people were puzzled as to why certain guilds just muted their communications, like it's pretty obvious guys.

Also if you think this is solely a North American (or U.S specific problem) then you're delusional.

A lot of people have edgy phases in their lives. Mine took place from the age of 13-17 nearly 20 years ago without social media involved. Even then, I wasn't retarded enough to say stupid shit on public forums or around people I didn't know. These days people post retarded ass shit on public and private discords, are recorded saying stupid shit while streaming (or a friend is streaming), or have archived posts on forums/social media from years ago and wonder how people dig this stuff up.

While my friend Justin I've known for nearly 30 years wouldn't out the dumb shit I said during my teens, do you honestly expect your quiet raid members that you barely associate with not to take anything you post on your private discord, or accidently stream you saying dumb stuff during arena/raid?

For most of these people what are you expecting people to do? It's not surprising to me, and while I agree a lot of these people are pieces of shit, what are we suppose to do? Some people are literally immune to repercussions from this type of behavior there's nothing you can take away from them. If you have a guild filled with racists that aren't sponsored or well known, what can you really do?
    Straight to jail mate, after you get beaten to a bloody pulp by the police, or thats some of them are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see why anyone is surprised.. But racism still shouldn't be tolerated

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    No, he is not. Slavery and racial opression is not a unique thing to america. It was a global phenomenon. The only thing making USA's story unique is the black populations apparent inability to move on, even though they didn't even have to endure a century worth of slavery. The common folk in many european countries had to deal with several centuries worth of slavery.
    Yea, you are ignorant of American history as well.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-02-26 at 07:08 AM.

Are you sure they're racist, and not just black guys? It's apparently alright to call each other the N-word if you're black. White guys also call each other this all the time. Is it still racist then?

Mountain out of a mole hill.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post

Typically doesn't always equals to always by the way, I know your language skills might need some work with that. You don't have to be in a minority to someone be racist towards you. BUT, if you want a minority of white people going through racism from black people, there you go! Read it! Educate yourself.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/so.../01/id/846194/

However, as i said, typically doesn't always equate to always. Anybody can be racist towards anybody. I can be turkish and if I call turks "bloody kebabs" or say them kebab kebab when they are talking to berate them, guess what the fuck I am!
    Sounds like some bigotry to me in South Africa. Your turkish example has nothing to do with the dynamic between whites and blacks in America. But I'll go on a limb that if you say those things you would be a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Not really...but naturally racists defend their actions and try to sound not racist.

You laugh about racial slurs and mock decent people who have respect and aren't filled with hate...we get it, you hate people who're different, who you see as lesser than you. How about instead of defending racist actions with your brain twisting logic and calling anyone who doesn't agree with you childish names, you just do something refreshing and just admit you're a racist?
    You SJWs are all the same (looking at your sig and the shit argument you posed, I can only deduce you are an SJW). You come up with these baseless strawmans and attack the character. I never said I laughed at racial slurs nor did I say anything about hating people that are different. These are most likely projections but nonetheless, it's a strawman.

I made my opinion pretty clear. I'm all for free speech as long as it doesn't harass, dox, or incite violence. Pretty simple and pretty clear. I can also easily judge an edgelord from a real racist which is something that people like you cannot do if your life depended on it. Instead of painting the world with a wide brush or seeing things in black and white, how about you use a little thing called nuance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ

Does this offend you? Is this hate speech? Is this racism? Should this be banned? Should everyone involved be deplatformed?

Sounds like some bigotry to me in South Africa. Your turkish example has nothing to do with the dynamic between whites and blacks in America. But I'll go on a limb that if you say those things you would be a bigot.
    Its not bigotry, ITS RACISM. Just because black people are doing it to white dudes, it doesn't change the wording behind it. Repeat after me, racism. Any race can be , WAIT FOR IT, racist. Please, you lost your argument where black people cannot be racist and cannot be racist towards whites. You are wrong, and now you are trying to change the terms to suit to your needs. South africans were not taking land from gay people, or trans people or whatever, they were taking away from WHITE people. Its racism, not bigotry.

I can find more articles how black people can be racists towards pretty much any race btw, just as i can find articles that any race being racist towards any race pretty much if you dig enough. You know why? Because every race can be racist.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-02-26 at 07:22 AM.

I dunno dude...
    If this happens in ingame chat Blizzard should intervene for sure.
    If this happens on stream Twitch/YT should (and they do!) intervene.
    ... but PRIVATE discord...? who cares honestly... it is like recording personal conversation behind someones back.
    I am pretty sure i would find similar things in most channels i am in.

White people are a global minority. Therefore, it's impossible for White people to be racist.

Its not bigotry, ITS RACISM. Just because black people are doing it to white dudes, it doesn't change the wording behind it. Repeat after me, racism. Any race can be , WAIT FOR IT, racist.
    Any race can be, but really only certain races are 99% of the time, WAIT FOR IT, racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    White people are a global minority. Therefore, it's impossible for White people to be racist.
    Are white people also marginalized?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenadrys View Post
    Are you sure they're racist, and not just black guys? It's apparently alright to call each other the N-word if you're black. White guys also call each other this all the time. Is it still racist then?

Mountain out of a mole hill.
    Pretty much this.No body knows what they look like on the other side of the computer screen. Rappers say the N-word all the time but you don't see any protests over that. It would be funny if these were black guys. Because then it would make the persons that brought this topic to light look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Pretty much this.No body knows what they look like on the other side of the computer screen. Rappers say the N-word all the time but you don't see any protests over that. It would be funny if these were black guys. Because then it would make the persons that brought this topic to light look really bad.
    Lots of white supremacists and apologists in this thread.

Lots of white supremacists and apologists in this thread.
    Supremacist? Dude, get a fucking grip, way to marginilize people btw. People don't argue with you and your antics doesn't equals them being white supremacists. They are just not agreeing with you that black people cannot be racists and %99 of the racist people are white. Ever been to chine btw? I did, worked there for 5 years. People were pretty fucking racists. Go to Russia also, same story. Worked in US too, in Boston. There were quite bit of racist latino and african americans there, but guess what? There were also racist white people! Do you know why, you inert bag of carrots, is because every race can be racists, and individuals responsible for their racism. I seen a lot of racist people in china, but that doesn't mean %99 OF THE FUCKING POPULATION IS RACIST. Same as %99 of racist people are not white people. Are you for real now?

BICTHING ABOUT BEING MARGINILIZED that marginilizing people by calling them white supremacists. Yikes from me fam.

Thank you for this very important information. You solved the problem of racism by pointing out that someone said a no-no word in a private chat! /s

Anyways, seeing "races" everywhere does more towards helping the race system flourish than saying a word. I see self-proclaimed antiracists use this system all the time, but since they don't say the no-no words for "(((them)))" they aren't called out.

Also, isn't reclaiming slurs a thing? Maybe all the people in that chat are darker skinned? Isn't it racist to assume they aren't? I often use what you would call homophobic words in private, because I think it's funny. I'm gay myself, and I don't take myself so seriously that I get butt hurt by no-no words.

Oh and I'm not ""white"" so I'm apparently allowed to say stuff without getting treated as bad as some "races". Which is hilariously racist. But ah well.

People like the article author do more to help actual white supremacists than the people the article is about. These self-righteous knights of "antiracism" lack any self-awareness.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2021-02-26 at 10:49 AM.

[QUOTE=BigToast;53041146]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Literally any race or ethnicity.

- - - Updated - - -

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized."

Or

"The belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."
    /QUOTE]

Black people can and are racist against other minorities. And it very clearly said "typically" which doesn't mean it has to be a minority. Typically isn't a guarantee

Supremacist? Dude, get a fucking grip, way to marginilize people btw. People don't argue with you and your antics doesn't equals them being white supremacists. They are just not agreeing with you that black people cannot be racists and %99 of the racist people are white. Ever been to chine btw? I did, worked there for 5 years. People were pretty fucking racists. Go to Russia also, same story. Worked in US too, in Boston. There were quite bit of racist latino and african americans there, but guess what? There were also racist white people! Do you know why, you inert bag of carrots, is because every race can be racists, and individuals responsible for their racism. I seen a lot of racist people in china, but that doesn't mean %99 OF THE FUCKING POPULATION IS RACIST. Same as %99 of racist people are not white people. Are you for real now?

BICTHING ABOUT BEING MARGINILIZED that marginilizing people by calling them white supremacists. Yikes from me fam.
    I'm just making distinctions regarding language and frequently (and all over your examples) are misunderstood. And how dare you call me an inert bag of carrots! You sir, are the inert bag of carrots. GOODDAY, SIR!