Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also one more thing, you can be a minority in your area even if you are in the majority group. For example if i live in a area where there is a lot of latinos, I am the fucking minority in my area, assuming I am growing up there. So technically, yes you can be the minority regardless of your skin, unless you don't count being surrounded by people that is not in your "race" for 18 years of your childhood/teenage years. But fuck logic and sense right. You look the world as black and white, literally, but its never like that.

A person might be agreeing with you can be the biggest fucking racist because just implying that %99 of the racist people are whites, you are being a fucking racist, ironically. You also marginilize people by calling them tittles like white supremacists, when they don't agree with you. You are the definition of a SJW, and people like you is the reason why cancel culture exists.

[QUOTE=Shaqthefat;53041207]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post

Black people can and are racist against other minorities. And it very clearly said "typically" which doesn't mean it has to be a minority. Typically isn't a guarantee
    It is clear you do not understand the distinctions between racism and bigotry. Not surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Also one more thing, you can be a minority in your area even if you are in the majority group. For example if i live in a area where there is a lot of latinos, I am the fucking minority in my area, assuming I am growing up there. So technically, yes you can be the minority regardless of your skin, unless you don't count being surrounded by people that is not in your "race" for 18 years of your childhood/teenage years. But fuck logic and sense right. You look the world as black and white, literally, but its never like that.

A person might be agreeing with you can be the biggest fucking racist because just implying that %99 of the racist people are whites, you are being a fucking racist, ironically. You also marginilize people by calling them tittles like white supremacists, when they don't agree with you. You are the definition of a SJW, and people like you is the reason why cancel culture exists.
    LOL, here come the slew of conservative talking points. Right from the mouth of an inert bag of carrots!

- - - Updated - - -

Ben Shapiro would be proud of you.

Edgy 16 year old basement dwellers being edgy 16 year old basement dwellers.
    Move along people, nothing new to see here.

Up next:
    Top End Guilds are PRO killing babies
    "User XXX asked how many babies it takes to paint a house"

Top End Guilds Mysogony going rampant
    "Player XXXXX stated 'Mine's in the kitchen, I've got her chained up. shes only allowed to make me sandwiches'.

Discovered: Top End Guilds Pedo Rings
    "Player XXXXX stated 'when grass is growing its time to play ball!'

Yay for the era of selective outrage.

Want to be mad at someone? Be mad at the adult streamers with tens of thousands of followers that have kids pay them their allowance money and teach them you become populair by acting like a retarded douche. Way more harm coming from that.
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2021-02-26 at 07:43 AM.

Don't like how they behave? Don't play with them. Seems simple enough.

No idea how this can be news-worthy. Wonderful era of people being outraged by memes...
    It's even worse when usually, the outraged people are not even the ones who should be.

Sigh.

[QUOTE=BigToast;53041212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post

It is clear you do not understand the distinctions between racism and bigotry. Not surprising.
    It is clear you scapegoating and have no actual idea about what you are talking about. You have been confronted with clear evidence that definition of racism does apply to black people.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Hate speech isn't real, there is only speech.

You're right, you don't have to use the word and you don't have to like it. You can not associate with people that use it and you can continue to look down upon those that do. I for one enjoy freedom of speech. I don't have to use the words but I don't freak out when people do. I don't go around trying to get them cancelled or have their livelihood taken from them. The internet is one of the last bastions of unabashed freedom where you can act like a dumb ass if you so please and I will defend that stance. As long as you're not calling for violence and doxxing people, go ahead and be a dumb ass. Obviously that doesn't protect you from getting banned, unfriended, or unfollowed.

Also I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that if you say the n-word that you are racist like a lot of people are doing. If I say "Shalom" or "Oy Vey", am I Jewish? If I say the f-word or "that's gay", am I a bigot? If any of those answers are yes, than looks like me and almost everyone I know are guilty as charged. I get that I'm taking a controversial stance and if this were Reddit, I'd be getting a ton of downvotes. That's fine, I just don't want to live in a world like Demolition Man where you can't say bad words and everyone is just a fake, empty person inhibited by society.
    How.... how dare you

How dare you bring reason into an online discussion!

Words are words. You should not go to jail for them unless it's extreme cases (look at pre WW2 germany, demagogy is dangerous)

What they said is stupid. There are certain words you should not use. Simple as that. The n-word. Fag***. Stuff like that.
    You can of course. And noone can really do anything about it. But you should expect consequences if you do it in a public place. And yes. A discord server is public.
    I can call you out on it. You can be unapologetic about it.

What you cannot do is cry afterwards if people call you asshole or if you loose deals as a streamer/whatnot.

In my experience gamers have a high concentration of racist/homophobic behaviour. Mostly because of anonimity. I am quite sure, that if i met most of them in real live they would not call me fag***. Online they definetly will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are white people also marginalized?
    Critical race theory and their advocates would like a word with you

Generally speaking, everything that is taboo becomes comedic gold in private conversations.

Different places have different taboos. In America, racist comedy is a taboo, in Saudi Arabia making fun of the prophet is taboo.

For most of the world, ppl in private generally make fun of other countries taboos. Just as we make fun of everything else.
    From the Chinese to the Israelis to Russians to... "INSERT EVERY FUCKING ETHINC, NATIONAL OR SOCIAL GROUP THAT EXCISTS". To me its no different to compare Xi Jinping to whinnie the poo, or fotball fans to monkeys, as it is to make a derogatory joke about jews or the prophet or black ppl. But in America one or two of them will lose me my livelihood and in Saudi Arabia one of them will lose me my life.

Luckily ive surrounded myself with ppl that isnt so damn uptight about everything, we take things lightly and have fun instead. Its no way to go throu life being angry and in full combat mode all the time.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Shouldn't this shit be dealt with by Discord and not Blizzard, Reddit or whoever wrote that article? If they don't say in game, what is Blizzard supposed to do? And why is Reddit doing a witch hunt if it's against the rules? Rules for thee but not for me?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Edgy shitposters post edgy shit. Why is this newsworthy?
    Racism haven't been thing in online games since recently. It started around 2020 so it's good to make it public. It's a new phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-war..._medium=social

From my experience, this is only the tip of the iceberg.
    Wow, someone dropped the N-bomb. That shit happens only in top guilds. They literally ARE racism....

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No you don't. Because you can get convicted for saying a violent threat towards a person.
    yes, that was like the 2nd or 3rd thing i said to you. that's as far as it should go. adding extra punishments on top of it for things that depend on which way the political winds blow is a bit iffy.

If there is no legal consequence it is not defacto acceptable. That is your opinion hence why you keep trying to make the argument that anything is 100% acceptable as long as there is no police around to arrest you.
    sure as i said before there might be social/cultural consequences. but those consequences are virtually non existent in a private setting, and often are even very minor in a public setting.

I never said you can't use the N word in your country. Why do you have to keep moving goal posts and inventing arguments just to defend racism. The only time your country and the n-word were brought up was by you when you said it has no meaning in your country. Hate speech is Hate speech though and you shouldn't be using it in your country no matter what has happened in other countries.
    see you are doing it again. you are telling me i can't use a word because you think words have some sort of absolute meaning. it's honestly hilarious cause the only reason an average person here learns the n-word is because of american made movies/tv shows/music/other cultural exports.

Culture, Normal behavior, history and anything else that varies country from country is never an excuse to keep propagating hate. For someone that has said they don't support hate or are making a stance either you keep trying to justify ways that people should be allowed to hate. Weird right?
    but it's so easy to get into a contradiction.

In germany nazi symbology is illegal except in museums/education. I think we can agree the nazis did their fair share of hating.
    In the US nazis are regularly used in entertainment products, this would be a crime in germany, so does that mean you are commiting a crime in the US because hate is hate?
    meanwhile in asia, swastikas and buddhist temple iconography is pretty much indistinguishable, so are they committing hate crimes too even though they used it for centuries before the nazis even were a thing?

Any race can be, but really only certain races are 99% of the time, WAIT FOR IT, racist.

Really? 99%? I think you're the one in the bubble here if you think 99% of racism globally mirrors the US microcosm.

Have you ever been to China or India?

- - - Updated - - -

Are white people also marginalized?

White people are actually marginalized in many places around the world, yes, and increasingly so.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is no legal consequence it is not defacto acceptable. That is your opinion hence why you keep trying to make the argument that anything is 100% acceptable as long as there is no police around to arrest you.
    And just because you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone else should sanction it. See how it's a two-way street?

7+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people in this thread either ok with, dismissing or straight up actively perpetuating racism is absolutely disgusting.

Not that i'm surprised, but my god.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-02-26 at 09:48 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

How surprising.
    America has had that weird schizoid thing going on where they admonish the world for this or that while "secretly" doing it themselves for a long time now.
    It's unsurprising that this sort of stuff keeps popping up.

This little bit about Winston Churchill still sums it up well even almost a hundred years later:

"Roosevelt, at a White House lunch, placed Churchill next to the publisher and ardent campaigner for India’s independence, Mrs Ogden Reid, and sat back awaiting the inevitable explosion.

[Mrs. Ogden Reid: “What are you going to do about those wretched Indians?”]

Churchill: “Before we proceed further let us get one thing clear. Are we talking about the brown Indians in India, who have multiplied alarmingly under the benevolent British rule? Or are we speaking of the red Indians in America who, I understand, are almost extinct?” —1943"
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Black people can and are racist against other minorities. And it very clearly said "typically" which doesn't mean it has to be a minority. Typically isn't a guarantee
    Black on asian racism is a huge problem in the US, but it's not made a big deal out of because it goes against the popular image of black people as victims. Currently, nobody cares there's tons of hate crimes and murders against asians. They're not even being prosecuted as hate crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The amount of people in this thread either ok with, dismissing or straight up actively perpetuating racism is absolutely disgusting.

Not that i'm surprised, but my god.
    This. Exactly this. It's not their fault though. They were raised this way.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Bottom tier news... jackasses exists in all walks of life... nothing exclusive to WoW or gaming.

What's next, Biden says the N word?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-02-26 at 10:02 AM.