Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would argue he was sheltered. As the last of the Wrynn line with his father vanished and his mother dead due to 3rd-party machinations it makes sense that the Stormwind nobility would keep Anduin secured and out of sight - a situation that also served Onyxia's ends. Not quite the stereotypical version of what we think of as "sheltered," but the outcome would generally be the same. Anduin definitely had no adventures to speak of until he became older, around Cata/MoP.
    I have to disagree. He grew up plain in sight standing the SW throne room next to Bolvar Fordragon and the scheming Lady Katrana Prestor who was responsible not only for his mother's death but also for his father's disapperance. So he saw things and he ventured out when Varian was back. Then the whole business with the Dark Iron dwarves, resurrecting his father, a student of Velen. They made him out to be stupid and naive which he can not possibly be given that he is also very smart.

Well, maybe you play Horde and haven't set foot into Stormwind castle from Vanilla through the end of BC.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2021-02-24 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I have to disagree. He grew up plain in sight standing the SW throne room next to Bolvar Fordragon and the scheming Lady Katrana Prestor who was responsible not only for his mother's death but also for his father's disapperance. So he saw things and he ventured out when Varian was back. Then the whole business with the Dark Iron dwarves, resurrecting his father, a student of Velen. They made him out to be stupid and naive which he can not possibly be given that he is also very smart.

Well, maybe you play Horde and haven't set foot into Stormwind castle from Vanilla through the end of BC.
    He grow up visibly surrounded by authority figures, yes; a childhood confined mainly to Stormwind Keep where he would "sneak into the map room and play with figures representing soldiers" as a noted leisure activity. Later, during the events of Cata and going into MoP, Anduin chafes under the overprotective guardianship of his father - actually remarking on his sheltered childhood and teenage years (event detailed in The Shattering). Varian didn't think of his son as weak but he did consider him too soft, and often underestimated Anduin's own guile and ability to navigate life's slings and arrows. I also don't think the implied Anduin is stupid, but I would agree that he's often naïve. It's very possible to be both smart and naïve, after all.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If SL ends with both Mary Sue's disappearing forever and ever, the story will be redeemed in my eyes.
    Too bad this was confirmed. They survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I knew he was not dead, people saying he is 'literally a death knight' hahah.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already been confirmed in the comics that Anduin comes back. There's the last page with an older Anduin and Velen preparing for a final fight against an unknown enemy. Unless that was retconned, he's for sure coming back.
    Last edited by Magic gun 23; 2021-02-25 at 07:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Staying in a castle surrounded by figures of authority who constantly keep and eye on you with no friends or outside influences is pretty much the definition of sheltered.

Even in cata when he was going around to learn from the other alliance leaders he was still being sheltered and not aloud to do his own thing which continued until the twilight highlands intro and Then mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He grow up visibly surrounded by authority figures, yes; a childhood confined mainly to Stormwind Keep where he would "sneak into the map room and play with figures representing soldiers" as a noted leisure activity. Later, during the events of Cata and going into MoP, Anduin chafes under the overprotective guardianship of his father - actually remarking on his sheltered childhood and teenage years (event detailed in The Shattering). Varian didn't think of his son as weak but he did consider him too soft, and often underestimated Anduin's own guile and ability to navigate life's slings and arrows. I also don't think the implied Anduin is stupid, but I would agree that he's often naïve. It's very possible to be both smart and naïve, after all.
    I think what the writers don't grasp is what it means for a child to have his mother killed and his father just "gone". He was an orphan. Not to mention that the "authority figure" right next to him, someone he probably trusted turned out to be the one responsible. Imagine what it must have been like when he figured that out.. What a huge betrayal.

Also I think it's a very "disney'ish" version of royalty they are painting here. I think it would be much more likely, especially since nobody knew (other than Aunt Onyxia of course) wether Varian would ever be back, that he would have been educated and trained to succeed the throne and be prepared for his duty as king. That would have made much more sense tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I think daddy will make an appearence and make Anduin snap out of it.
    Can't snap of it because he isn't in control....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Manduin and Wrathion adopt a baby orc?
    *Smacks Frozenbeef's hand* Stop that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, it seems so, but there are some problems still.

Anduin as a noble and pure soul goes to Bastion, alright.
    Thrall goes to meet his mum in Maldraxxus, check.
    Tyrande goes to Ardenweald for her connection to life and nature.

But Jaina and Baine? Neither feels right for Revendreth. Besides, there was no need to send someone there in the first place since Revendreth's ruler was already allied with the Jailer. Maybe they were spares? Hrmm

He wouldn't have needed Denathrius' key I dont think, but I was thinking Jaina would be the candidate for Revendreth given Purge of Theramore and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Well if Warcraft was WELL WRITTEN, Turalyon would usurp the reign over Stormwind (and the alliance, because warcraft writting will never be that well written to separate the rule of stormwind and the rule of alliance as a whole), for the greater good of holy light, making the alliance finally interesting.
    And maybe then we could finally have the stormwind siege raid?
    I just do not see where people get the idea that Turalyon might do that? He is not a zealot, not even close.

He is married to a woman that has literally embraced the very opposite of his religion and when Illidan killed something as close to a god as the Holy Light has (Xe'ra The Light Mother) he was angry for a moment and then calmed down. These are not things a zealot does.

A zealot would have burned Alleria on the stake and would have chopped Illidan into little pieces. Zealots are not lenient to people doing harm or their religion or contradicting it. They are also not thinking logically, so he would not have spared Illidan because they needed him against the Legion.

If Turalyon is the "Golden One" that claims the empty throne then it will not be his none-existant personal zealotry that "brings only Darkness" but something else. But there are many empty thrones at the moment, that could be claimed.

The Frozen Throne sits empty because the Helmet was destroyed and there is no Lich King.

The Lordaeronian Throne sits empty for decades and we have the heir Calia who could very easily be the "Golden One".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    He wouldn't have needed Denathrius' key I dont think, but I was thinking Jaina would be the candidate for Revendreth given Purge of Theramore and such.
    I suppose. However, Revendreth seems to usually deal with unrepentend souls. Those filled with pride and other sins that prevent them from accepting their guilt and responsibility. Jaina does not really appear as overly prideful, her torment in Thros in fact showed that she carries severe guilt for many things in her life and during the mission to free Baine she was ready to allow the Belfs their revenge if they let the others go.

Now I don't think Jaina is a candidate for Bastion, but Revendreth feels to harsh when we consider that other people going there were Garrosh and Kael who have not and are still not regretting anything they did. Probably she would go to a world we haven't seen yet, maybe the same where Antonidas is.

I just want to point out how hilarious it is that Alleria and Turalyon have risen to the very top of the Alliance in no time (they who returned only in 2017), while some leaders who have been here since 2004 like Mekkatorque are still peasants LOL. Oh, the irony. But it was expected, really, I have been predicting this for a long time.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I just want to point out how hilarious it is that Alleria and Turalyon have risen to the very top of the Alliance in no time (they who returned only in 2017), while some leaders who have been here since 2004 like Mekkatorque are still peasants LOL. Oh, the irony. But it was expected, really, I have been predicting this for a long time.
    But they aren't new. They were major figures in the Alliance during the Second War and Turalyon was briefly Supreme Commander, which essentially made him the leader of the Grand Alliance as a whole.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Mekkatorque isn’t a peasant he’s the leader of all of the gnomes and could pull gnome support from the alliance if he really wanted to.

The alliance isn’t like the horde where the war chief out ranks every one else the high king is in charge of the military’s but even then said military’s can pull support from the king when ever they want like the night elfs and wolfs did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Manduin and Wrathion adopt a baby orc?
    oh look one of them appeared.

Anduin is into girls.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post

Anduin is into girls.
    You're saying the crying twink that looks like the emasculated version of Prince Charming from Shrek is heterosexual?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Why are all lich kings humans.
    Ner'zhul would like to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post

Anduin is into girls.
    Anduin is into draenei.

Why are all lich kings humans.
    Easily corruptible... and they look great on DK amor lol

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Anduin is into draenei.
    he has shown interest in Draenei girls, dwarf girls, and that one girl barmaid in goldshire who i think was human.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You're saying the crying twink that looks like the emasculated version of Prince Charming from Shrek is heterosexual?
    He has a thing for draenei and dwarf women, and liked the bar girl he met in Shadows Rising.

Formerly known as Arafal