I really don't understand the point of these events when you're only going to show already-announced games (Seriously, how many times are we going to see FNAF / Oddworld at all of these), remasters, remakes, and shovelware?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I really don't understand the point of these events when you're only going to show already-announced games (Seriously, how many times are we going to see FNAF / Oddworld at all of these), remasters, remakes, and shovelware?
    Because a ton of people watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I'm discussing the PS5's performance and we need something to compare it to. Is it ok to compare it to a Xbox Series X if PC is upsetting?
    It's not surprising that the PS5 or X for that matter isn't up to standard with mid to high end PCs today, though. They didn't start making/building/designing these in 2020, I assume, so it's not surprising that the hardware isn't up to todays standard.

Then again, console gaming has never been about having the best of the best hardware and the best visuals. It's just chill couch gaming. I'm enjoying my Series X myself (Tried both PS5 and X, ended up with the X because I find sony's business model disgusting).
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's not surprising that the PS5 or X for that matter isn't up to standard with mid to high end PCs today, though. .
    Umm these shit on mid range PC's and are close to high end, Unless your comparing it to a 3090. But by all means build a $500 PC that can do 4k/60 or 1440p with RTX.

Spoilers You can't
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pretty scummy that the Yuffie episode is exclusive to the PS5 rerelease of the FFVII Remake, and that PS4 owners apparently can't get that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Pretty scummy that the Yuffie episode is exclusive to the PS5 rerelease of the FFVII Remake, and that PS4 owners apparently can't get that content.
    It is shitty but I'm not surprised.

Even tho current gen consoles are hard to get ahold of, publishers are going to start to focus less on last gen and more on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

It certainly is lame.

Everyone understands developers will switch focus to the new consoles but the first game is on ps4 and they already are taking the piss by cutting up a basic story into however many games. Now they're making you buy a new console to keep up with said already spliced story.

Its pretty low tier scummy business move.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Now they're making you buy a new console to keep up with said already spliced story.
    Was there anyone actually thinking they'd release the entire thing on PS4 given that the first part came out at the end of its lifecycle? I mean sure, we saw some late PS3 releases in the PS4 generation but the big games moved over pretty quickly and dropped last-gen support.

Don't get me wrong, not releasing the Yuffie DLC on PS4 is pretty lame. But it makes sense they'd eventually move to PS5, and at least they're not charging for the next-gen update : |

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It certainly is lame.

Everyone understands developers will switch focus to the new consoles but the first game is on ps4 and they already are taking the piss by cutting up a basic story into however many games. Now they're making you buy a new console to keep up with said already spliced story.

Its pretty low tier scummy business move.
    Just remember this, because people crap all over Nintendo for releasing complete ports of their AAA billion dollar 7 year in development games hardly anyone has played because they aren't discounted in the bargain bin day 1(despite the fact, that Nintendo games hardly ever go in bargain bin anyway, as they often retain much of their value if you buy them physically, unlike other games), but the console only costs 200 dollars and the ports are still 10 dollars cheaper than what some companies charges for new games filled with microtransactions, which are also unarguably mediocre or worse games by comparison to the even just average regular games, much less the average Zelda game.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking directly about you at all, just a general comment on the situation.

As far as Sony this week, I can't play FFVIIR again so soon, regardless. I hope they work on the pacing a bit if they remaster it.

The rest of it...well I'm actually pretty upset about Japan Studio. Just sucks, imo, sucks.

Anyway, well at least they are retiring weapon sunsetting in Destiny 2. Next week will be a better week.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-02-26 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to snag an online preorder for the base disc version from GameStop. The Spider-Man/cod bundle looks like it is still available if you want to fork over $730

How much did you minimum see the PS5?

Quote Originally Posted by Ynisl View Post
    How much did you minimum see the PS5?
    Huh?

If you mean the minimum price of the different versions, it's still $399 for the digital and $499 for the disc from all retailers, but in many places you can't JUST get the system, you have to get a bundle ranging anywhere from $600 to nearly $1000 depending on how many and what other items they include.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Was there anyone actually thinking they'd release the entire thing on PS4 given that the first part came out at the end of its lifecycle? I mean sure, we saw some late PS3 releases in the PS4 generation but the big games moved over pretty quickly and dropped last-gen support.

Don't get me wrong, not releasing the Yuffie DLC on PS4 is pretty lame. But it makes sense they'd eventually move to PS5, and at least they're not charging for the next-gen update : |
    That made more sense from previous console transitions when the difference in hardware was pretty massive. Today though the PS5 and Xbox Series X aren't that much of an upgrade over their previous gen systems. Especially when comparing to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Architecturally the PS5 and Xbox Series stayed pretty much the same as the previous generation as well. Most new games can still run just fine on the PS4, including even the new Demon Souls. Games like Ori and the will of the wisps can probably run on the PS3 and 360 without a problem. There's no reason not to have Yuffie DLC on the PS4 other than Sony would like you to pay scalper prices for a PS5, because you ain't gonna find a PS5 for $500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How does Sony benefit from you paying scalper prices?
    They don't.

The idea sony wants people to pay scalper prices is just an inane conspiracy theory, Scarcity of hardware only limits people's access to their new system, and it's not like they'll see any of that scalper money come their way either.

Today though the PS5 and Xbox Series X aren't that much of an upgrade over their previous gen systems.
    You clearly don't know anything about the hardware if you think this.

than Sony would like you to pay scalper prices for a PS5, because you ain't gonna find a PS5 for $500.
    Sony doesn't want anyone paying scalper prices because they don't make anything from it. They didn't make a dime off of scalpers because they (and MS) are selling both systems at a massive loss. Scalpers don't buy games and PS+ sony doesn't make shit from them.

Also almost every other day now sites like Amazon and Best Buy have Series systems and PS5's. You can give this "Can't find a PS5 for $500" shit rest. Is it hard to get one? Yes but its not impossible.

Hell I've gotten 2 PS5's and one Series S. Make a twitter fallow people like wario64 and u will see when the systems go live. Hell Sony's own story sells them 2-3 times a week.

Hell its outselling the PS4 in the same timeframe showing there is actually more PS5's hitting the market then PS4's did at the same time of its launch.

Its hard to get one not impossible.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-03-14 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly don't know anything about the hardware if you think this.
    Clearly I do and I'll explain. Firstly, how many current PS5 games could never run on a PS4? For that matter, how many PS4 games could run on a PS3? One of the problems with modern gaming is that hardware in general isn't evolving as much as we would like to believe, and it isn't just a problem on consoles as this also effects PC's as well. The PS2 had 32MB of ram, and the PS3 had 512MB. That's around a 16x times increase of ram. Going from the PS3's 512MB to the PS4's 8GB and we see another 16x increase in storage. With the PS5 with get 16GB which is only a 2x increase.

Go to 1:30.

Sony doesn't want anyone paying scalper prices because they don't make anything from it. They didn't make a dime off of scalpers because they (and MS) are selling both systems at a massive loss. Scalpers don't buy games and PS+ sony doesn't make shit from them.
    Clearly they do if there's exclusive content on the PS5 with no reason other than for you to buy a PS5. During a recession where people are losing jobs and money is clearly going to be a problem for a lot of people. Not like the PS5 isn't already selling extremely well. Unless Sony is oblivious to the current situation with the scalping then they clearly don't care that if you want the Yuffie DLC that you'll have to buy a PS5 from Ebay at nearly $1k.
    Also almost every other day now sites like Amazon and Best Buy have Series systems and PS5's. You can give this "Can't find a PS5 for $500" shit rest. Is it hard to get one? Yes but its not impossible.
    OMG you're right! I just found a PS5 on Amazon! It's available at a mere $1,009.99 .

Its hard to get one not impossible.
    It would be nice to release games for the PS4 as well for the time being. Unless it really needs the power of the PS5, future titles should be released for both PS4 and PS5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty hyped now. The recent GameStop restock was supposed to be a preorder for 3/23. I got a notification it shipped yesterday and will get here Monday. Can’t wait to get back into DeS.

Won't arrive till Thursday but I picked it up on Best Buy yesterday. Just wanted the base disk version but only option was Miles Morales bundle, Fast fingers, this shit still selling out fast got my heart racing. But I ain't complaining, just looked by happenstance, saw it bought it, was sold out moments later. I'll pick up the demon souls remake in 6 months when it's cheaper bargain bin. I did pick up Ghost of Tsushima a few months back on the cheap, but haven't played so I guess I'll give that one a go when I get it. Anyone know if the game got a next gen upgrade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Won't arrive till Thursday but I picked it up on Best Buy yesterday. Just wanted the base disk version but only option was Miles Morales bundle, Fast fingers, this shit still selling out fast got my heart racing. But I ain't complaining, just looked by happenstance, saw it bought it, was sold out moments later. I'll pick up the demon souls remake in 6 months when it's cheaper bargain bin. I did pick up Ghost of Tsushima a few months back on the cheap, but haven't played so I guess I'll give that one a go when I get it. Anyone know if the game got a next gen upgrade?
    60 FPS @ 4K according to Reddit. It’s a good, beautiful game even on the base ps4.

Firstly, how many current PS5 games could never run on a PS4?
    This is the most pointless and arbitrary measure for justifying a new console. What does this have to do with anything? Does this line of thought entirely defeat the purpose of say, computer hardware upgrades?

in general isn't evolving as much as we would like to believe
    I'd argue more that your expectations are way out of line with reality, rather than hardware not evolving as much as we would like to believe.

The PS2 had 32MB of ram, and the PS3 had 512MB. That's around a 16x times increase of ram. Going from the PS3's 512MB to the PS4's 8GB and we see another 16x increase in storage. With the PS5 with get 16GB which is only a 2x increase.
    Yes...and? Is this a meaningful measurement here? What's the significance?