15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He's got a point though. Police here has been busting parties left and right again. Should introduce a 1000 euro fine for breaking the rules. Fucking children, no brain between the lot of them.
    No, because if he doesn't implement rules people understand then it's not their fault for not caring especially if the rules seem to be just for the normal people not for the rich. Opening up the ski-regions while everything else has to be closed down didn't help either. But we're quite used to him being responsible for nothing while at the same time being the best chancellor there ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We exited 3rd wave and despite 50% of population getting at least one Phizer shot, we're still around R number of 1.
    Theres two glaring factors:

1) Lag. 1st shot takes ~7 week to kick in. COVID takes about 5-10 (can be 14). Practical knowledge is that spread generally happens while people have no to very mild symptoms, so transmission is very invisible. A percentage of people will get the shot not knowing they are positive. The shot lags behind the illness.

2) Kind of related to lag but people don't let the shot "kick in" before throwing caution into the wind. They get the shot, maybe two days later go out unmasked, all of that. They contract the virus, illness still has time to set in before the shot. Unluck scenario, the virus takes advantage of your body trying processing the shot, becoming an illness sooner.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    *snip*
    It's mostly a heads up to others about what to expect.

Another lockdown is not on the books - there might be some restrictions, but it is already announced that there won't be any another lockdown anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    We exited 3rd wave and despite 50% of population getting at least one Phizer shot, we're still around R number of 1.
    The vaccines are not meant to stop contagious, but to reduce the the simptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No, because if he doesn't implement rules people understand then it's not their fault for not caring especially if the rules seem to be just for the normal people not for the rich. Opening up the ski-regions while everything else has to be closed down didn't help either. But we're quite used to him being responsible for nothing while at the same time being the best chancellor there ever was.
    That's not how law works. Especially not for children that don't have the mental capacity to think in bigger terms. You don't need to understand the motivation behind the rules to understand the rules. And the lockdown rules have ALL been very clear and simple to understand. Minimum distance, maximum size of group, mask wearing and so on. 100s of people in a park huddling together with no masks on drinking alcohol and partying is not an issue of them not understanding the rules, it's them thinking the law doesn't apply to them.

This is inexcuseable. And yes, I agree, opening ski resorts is a bad move, but ultimately all the rules are local because different regions have different levels of contamination.

You're talking from an Austrian point of view, btw. I was commenting on German kids having parties in Berlin, Hamburg and the likes...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not how law works. Especially not for children that don't have the mental capacity to think in bigger terms. You don't need to understand the motivation behind the rules to understand the rules. And the lockdown rules have ALL been very clear and simple to understand. Minimum distance, maximum size of group, mask wearing and so on. 100s of people in a park huddling together with no masks on drinking alcohol and partying is not an issue of them not understanding the rules, it's them thinking the law doesn't apply to them.
    If you're talking about Austria, maybe use Austrian examples, not german ones, because that makes no sense, he wasn't talking about germans not following the rules.

This is inexcuseable. And yes, I agree, opening ski resorts is a bad move, but ultimately all the rules are local because different regions have different levels of contamination.
    The regions with ski resorts have worse levels of contamination, so it makes even less sense.

You're talking from an Austrian point of view, btw. I was commenting on German kids having parties in Berlin, Hamburg and the likes...
    Yeah, when I was talking about the chancellor of Austria and his words about Austrians, weirdly enough I was talking from an Austrian point of view, as he was talking about national regulations of his government.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was commenting on German kids having parties in Berlin, Hamburg and the likes...
    I really don't get this compulsory drive to party these days. Seems almost like an obsession to people.

Study finds that Pfizer vaccine reduces transmission of Covid after just one dose.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2AQ1A7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The vaccines are not meant to stop contagious, but to reduce the the simptoms.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...li-study-shows

Aren't you grateful for our test lab country?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...li-study-shows

Aren't you grateful for our test lab country?
    Then its strange your country getting 3k new cases every single day . With such a high vaccination rate, it should have started to deacrease.

Then its strange your country getting 3k new cases every single day . With such a high vaccination rate, it should have started to deacrease.
    The infection rate in Israel has started to fall, there was over 8,000 cases per day a little over a month ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    It did, it's just not instant.

You have the data publicly available.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So what weave are you guys on? Here in Poland we are entering 3rd one but it goes pretty lazily despite them doubling amount of tests done to get numbers up, but we already have 4th weave planned for september 2021.

Note: Noone of that is sadly made up or satire.
    Latvia (and basically Baltics) - 3rd wave expected in 3-4 weeks. At least the vaccination is slowly ramping up, buuuuut...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I'm really worried about the side effects of the COVID vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I'm really worried about the side effects of the COVID vaccine.
    Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Like what?
    Like fever and chills.

Like fever and chills.
    As opposed to the far more risky prospect of actually contracting Covid-19... which includes fever, chills, and a dozen far more serious issues?

That's like being worried about getting the stitches removed when deciding if you want to treat a bleeding gash in your leg.

Like fever and chills.
    Why? Neither is necessarily dangerous, and it's far less dangerous than the virus itself. Those are pretty common side effects from the normal flu vaccine every year, yet folks get that shit without blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? Neither is necessarily dangerous, and it's far less dangerous than the virus itself. Those are pretty common side effects from the normal flu vaccine every year, yet folks get that shit without blinking.
    Also the tiredness.

I'm worried that I'll have trouble sleeping if I have fever and chills. I take my sleep very seriously.

Also the tiredness.

I'm worried that I'll have trouble sleeping if I have fever and chills. I take my sleep very seriously.
    And how does that compare to your worry of getting Covid-19?

Which is the bigger threat to those things... by far?