Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So what's your solution for cleansing this unacceptable "impurity" from culture if we follow your train of logic?
    Education? If they already know they shouldn't be saying it in public then they already know they shouldn't be saying it in private. Clearly that is an education barrier that needs to be broken down if you, or them, think there is some big difference. Why do you put "impurity" in qoutes? Why do you and others that follow this line of logic always make it sound like stopping hate speech is a bad thing?

So what's the next step if you get them to stop saying any such thing among themselves over the internet in effectively private channels? It's not suddenly going to change their minds when you succeed at that
    So no one should try to stop racism because racists won't change? Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You ignored that black people are more likely to be the target of all other forms of use of force, and contact by police officers, outside of shooting.

"They get beat by police more, because they are violent" isn't the best argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you guys keep proving everyone right about gamers.

I love watching racists defend racism.
    I can't believe Machismo defends rape and riots, and riots for rape!

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-war..._medium=social

From my experience, this is only the tip of the iceberg.
    News at 10: there is racism in some guilds.

Guilds are made of people. Lots of guilds are made of predominantly western white guys. There is racism in most western societies, to various degrees. This is a fact that is fairly well documented in social studies and international reports. Since guilds are made of people there will inevitably be some racism in some of them.

It falls on leaders to clean up their act. There is no justification to racism. If you respond by "racism but..." you might as well shut the fuck up.

Guilds can conduct themselves how they please. Not seeing the issue here

some dude or girl found out there is toxic community in online gaming ?

WHAT A SURPRISE lol

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Education? If they already know they shouldn't be saying it in public then they already know they shouldn't be saying it in private. Clearly that is an education barrier that needs to be broken down if you, or them, think there is some big difference. Why do you put "impurity" in qoutes? Why do you and others that follow this line of logic always make it sound like stopping hate speech is a bad thing?
    indoctrination not education. Puritan no swear words pls is simply how you got raised. Others got the opposite.
    This here is a culture clash because not everyone comes from same bubble.

edit thread should be just blocked. Its been spammed going in circles. Its not like anyone is going to convince the other side of their way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    forums have rules, this one has very wishy washy mods so i dont feel the need to make a point and get banned on this forum. there are many things i wouldnt type on this specific forum. lots of SJW's ready to ban lmfao

would i say words people deem "hate speech" around friends, yep. do i care when i hear people say any type of "hate speech", nope.

- - - Updated - - -

words dont hurt. they are words. people need to get over it and grow up.
    Why don't you use those same words around complete strangers, or everywhere else? The fact that you censor yourself shows that you understand the heft of such words. That makes it all the more obvious as to why you are trying to say it's not a big deal. Imagine going to those lengths to defend what you actually know is shitty behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Guilds can conduct themselves how they please. Not seeing the issue here
    They are free to be racist shitbags, and people are free to call them out for being racist shitbags.

If you don't seethe issue with people being racist shitbags... that's something you may want to work on.

They are free to be racist shitbags, and people are free to call them out for being racist shitbags.

If you don't seethe issue with people being racist shitbags... that's something you may want to work on.
    Don't like it? Don't apply to their guild

Why do you put "impurity" in qoutes? Why do you and others that follow this line of logic always make it sound like stopping hate speech is a bad thing?
    Speech is by it's definition subjective, so how can one possibly define it and enforce it?

Talk about education being the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    indoctrination not education. Puritan no swear words pls is simply how you got raised. Others got the opposite.
    This here is a culture clash because not everyone comes from same bubble.
    There is a difference between swear words and hate speech. I've sworn plenty in my life and haven't used hate speech. Weird right? The fact that you equate the two shows more about your upbringing then mine. Being educated to no use hate speech is not indoctrination. There is never a reason to use hate speech and having the intelligence to express yourself with out having to do so is a bubble everyone should strive for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I can't believe Machismo defends rape and riots, and riots for rape!
    You have evidence of such things?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Speech is by it's definition subjective, so how can one possibly define it and enforce it? Talk about education being the problem.
    You do know that dictionaries exist right? That the world has been defining words for thousands of years. And you think I'm the one that isn't educated enough when you make the claim that words can't be defined. Like seriously. Lol.

Don't like it? Don't apply to their guild
    I wouldn't, because I'm not a racist shitbag.

I love that people are free to exercise their freedom of speech, and point out that these dudes are racist shitbags.

You are free to continue defending those racist shitbags.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    People are still defending racist actions in this thread. Must be a nice privilege to brush stuff like this off and call everyone sensitive

Does this thread have a point, or are you just virtue signaling for the sake of it?

Judging from the abhorrent misuse of the word "privilege" just above me, I'm going to guess the latter.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2021-02-26 at 10:18 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I wouldn't, because I'm not a racist shitbag.

I love that people are free to exercise their freedom of speech, and point out that these dudes are racist shitbags.

You are free to continue defending those racist shitbags.
    I'm not defending. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of you people. You're the one getting butthurt about words from people you've never met nor will ever interact with.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Gamers gonna game
    Sure. every gamer posts gorilla pictures with an underlying racist implication. Is it one of those "I am racist, therefore, everyone is racist (I hope)" or what?

I'm not defending. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of you people. You're the one getting butthurt about words from people you've never met nor will ever interact with.
    I'm really not butt hurt, I love that these dudes got outed as racist shitbags.

It's a good day.

You do know that dictionaries exist right? That the world has been defining words for thousands of years. And you think I'm the one that isn't educated enough when you make the claim that words can't be defined. Like seriously. Lol.
    So has the word not been culturally appropriated by the same oppressed to mean something completely different? I must be that far out of the rap scene.

Words will always mean different things to different groups, its how languages work.

I'm really not butt hurt, I love that these dudes got outed as racist shitbags.

It's a good day.
    48,000 posts. "I'm not butthurt, I swear!"