Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    48,000 posts. "I'm not butthurt, I swear!"
    I have a lot to say, and enjoy my freedom of speech.

If this is the racist hill you want to die on, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have a lot to say, and enjoy my freedom of speech.

If this is the racist hill you want to die on, be my guest.
    Sticks and stones. I hope you keep that same energy with people like Louis Farrakhan, Ilhan Omar, Joe Biden, and their ilk

Sticks and stones. I hope you keep that same energy with people like Louis Farrakhan, Ilhan Omar, Joe Biden, and their ilk
    Yep, I think Farrakhan is a racist shitbag, and I'm certainly no Democrat. Oh, and I also think Trump is a racist shitbag, as well.

Amazing how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is a difference between swear words and hate speech. I've sworn plenty in my life and haven't used hate speech. Weird right? The fact that you equate the two shows more about your upbringing then mine. Being educated to no use hate speech is not indoctrination. There is never a reason to use hate speech and having the intelligence to express yourself with out having to do so is a bubble everyone should strive for.
    The entire point of an insult is to be offensive. You play your bad word nono games, people gonna use it cause its perceived as more offensive. Pure trollbait.

Yep, I think Farrakhan is a racist shitbag, and I'm certainly no Democrat. Oh, and I also think Trump is a racist shitbag, as well.

Amazing how that works.
    You come across as worse than a Democrat, frankly. Bet you'd love to have words banned, wouldn't you?

You come across as worse than a Democrat, frankly. Bet you'd love to have words banned, wouldn't you?
    Wow, it's weird you think people who hate racists and who support freedom of speech are worse than Democrats.

I guess that says a lot more about you, than it does about me.

You'd be wrong. I fully support the freedom of speech of racist shitbags like them. I also support your freedom to defend and shill for racist shitbags. If any group opposes the First Amendment, that would be Trump and his cultists.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-02-26 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    So has the word not been culturally appropriated by the same oppressed to mean something completely different? I must be that far out of the rap scene. Words will always mean different things to different groups, its how languages work.
    So why did you say they can't be defined if you now recognize they have different definitions for different people. Weird how the goal posts always get moved when people try to defend racism isn't it? The concept of reclaiming a word to take back its power doesn't change the usage of that word. Or that a person that doesn't need to reclaim it uses it.

https://www.learningforjustice.org/m...bout-the-nword

This will do a far better job of teaching you the subtle differences that you don't seem to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    The entire point of an insult is to be offensive. You play your bad word nono games, people gonna use it cause its perceived as more offensive. Pure trollbait.
    You can be offensive with out using hate speech. Did you even think that through? Calling someone a Mother F-word is offensive but isn't hate speech. The fact you say you are using the hate speech in an offensive manner is even worse. Because you know it is hate speech and are actively using it for the effect of that hate. lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And now what?
    Duuuuuuuuuh I don't know????
    Maybe...... STOP BEING A RACIST PIECE OF GARBAGE???? HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF DOING THAT????

So why did you say they can't be defined if you now recognize they have different definitions for different people.
    That's what subjective means, you can't define it, someone else can say otherwise.

Anyway, this thread will be locked soon so it's pointless to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The amount of stealth defense in this thread for bigotry shows the problem isn't just "top guilds" but the world as a whole that needs to get their shit together. Stop defending and allowing hate speech, call the bigots on their shit and maybe they can reflect on it and become a better person. Enabling them with your shitty defenses makes you part of the problem.
    I love how this idea only works one way. We as a society of late are constantly looking for reasons to be offended. I am totally against racism but things in a private conversation shouldn't be aired out like dirty laundry. If you continue to associate with those people then I think you are part of the problem as well. Many could have left those guilds but they chose to stay around for the sake of progress. Everyone does things to suit their agenda. In the article they mentioned someone calling a raid boss the f word. Someone was offended. Like wtf? Yet we constantly here the n word in music videos.

I wish people could call out all the fake virtue signaling, desperate need for attention and all the other crap that seems to be happening about. I think social media is a cancer and we've lost our way a long time back. Everyone is just out there to trigger someone or another into a response. That is literally what everyone has been doing for the past few years and especially become more common of late.

You can be offensive with out using hate speech. Did you even think that through? Calling someone a Mother F-word is offensive but isn't hate speech. The fact you say you are using the hate speech in an offensive manner is even worse. Because you know it is hate speech and are actively using it for the effect of that hate. lol.
    People use whats most offensive. Thats the entire point - the moment you define it as worst is the exact moment they will use it. You got trained to avoid it and so you settle for less but anyone who didn't will go for the high score.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    That's what subjective means, you can't define it, someone else can say otherwise. Anyway, this thread will be locked soon so it's pointless to continue.
    Words can not both have meaning and be unable to be defined. Make up your mind. If it has a meaning that means it has been defined. The entire reason we are communicating right now is because we are using words that have defined meanings. lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I guess I have to go to the beach tomorrow and get a tan. Better start being less white.
    Ooof. I'm out of luck, I'm quite pale and can't seem to (ever) tan properly
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

QUICK, get the racist police and ban them now. People are so sensitive, The WORLD is a racist place every corner of every country just get used to it.

Why don't you use those same words around complete strangers, or everywhere else? The fact that you censor yourself shows that you understand the heft of such words. That makes it all the more obvious as to why you are trying to say it's not a big deal. Imagine going to those lengths to defend what you actually know is shitty behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

They are free to be racist shitbags, and people are free to call them out for being racist shitbags.

If you don't seethe issue with people being racist shitbags... that's something you may want to work on.
    nothing the guilds did prove or show that they are racists. insensitive at the very worst from the evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    People are still defending racist actions in this thread. Must be a nice privilege to brush stuff like this off and call everyone sensitive
    privilege is another dumb sjw concept that is so distanced from reality its insane. lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    nothing the guilds did prove or show that they are racists. insensitive at the very worst from the evidence.
    Nah, they're racist trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wanting to twist <n-word> heads off is just insensitive? The lengths people go to in order to defend hate speech is crazy. Is some of it just insensitivity? Sure. But there are parts of it that are bad and show that some of them are going far beyond just being an idiot.

Nah, they're racist trash.
    nah they are not. and you have nothing to prove that they believe their race is superior to another.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanting to twist <n-word> heads off is just insensitive? Lol. The lengths people go to in order to defend hate speech is crazy. Is some of it just insensitivity? Sure. But there are parts of it that are bad and show that some of them are going far beyond just being an idiot.
    if i was playing, lets say, halo 5. and we were doing warmode or whatever its called, a group of nps enemies spawned and i said "we are gonna twist these niggas heads off" in comms to my buddies. in what way does that show i believe my race is superior to anothers?

15+ Year Old Account
    if i was playing, lets say, halo 5. and we were doing warmode or whatever its called, a group of nps enemies spawned and i said "we are gonna twist these niggas heads off" in comms to my buddies. in what way does that show i believe my race is superior to anothers?
    Oh so your argument is that it isn't racism just hate speech? That still doesn't make it right to say. Why say it if it isn't meant to convey an insult to those npcs? Weird right? You are aware of the meaning. Using it for an offensive meaning. But some how can't connect the last dot that it is hate speech and there is no reason to say it.

Oh so your argument is that it isn't racism just hate speech? That still doesn't make it right to say. Why say it if it isn't meant to convey an insult to those npcs? Weird right? You are aware of the meaning. Using it for an offensive meaning. But some how can't connect the last dot that it is hate speech and there is no reason to say it.
    my argument is that saying any given word cannot make someone a racist. being racist is to be a very specific thing. hate speech is nothing more then words some people have decided hurt their feelings too badly and they want to restrict them. nothing more. tomorrow saying "chick" could be hate speech by radical feminists. a word is only ever a word. nothing more.