10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    maybe it's not quite understated, but does anyone find it ironic of all places in America, New York despises Trump the most considering he was born there and became an icon through there?
    Since when is logic, ironic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And New York has been paying attention for 30+ years.
    It’s the scene of the crime... lol

Edit: How ironic that the perpetrator was investigated, in the same state as the crime committed? Allanis Morriset would be proud...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...as-us-attorney

Durham is retiring this weekend so...I guess the Durham probe turned up one low level FBI agent that got a slap on the wrist and...that's it? DoJ seems like they'll continue it, but I've got some very blue balls after years of Hannity et all telling me that the Durham probe was gonna be lit AF fam, and totes take down the whole corrupt Democratic party and the DEEP STATE(tm).

Damn, why does almost every single one of Trump's big bombs always end up with limp-dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Durham is retiring this weekend so...I guess the Durham probe turned up one low level FBI agent that got a slap on the wrist and...that's it? DoJ seems like they'll continue it, but I've got some very blue balls after years of Hannity et all telling me that the Durham probe was gonna be lit AF fam, and totes take down the whole corrupt Democratic party and the DEEP STATE(tm).

Damn, why does almost every single one of Trump's big bombs always end up with limp-dick.
    No worries the first one always gets nothing. In fact the first 5 all generally amount to nothing as well. It only really hits the real meat and potatoes of the crime on the 8th and higher investigations. They were super close on getting Hillary with the last Benghazi investigation and I know they would have finally nailed her to the wall with the next one. Sadly the Deep State Democrats also saw the writing on the wall and shut it down before we could get her.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Looks like CPAC is gearing up to be another super spreader event.

CPAC hosts booed for asking attendees to wear masks
    I think they only reason they were allowed to use the location, is if they told the attendees to wear masks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    maybe it's not quite understated, but does anyone find it ironic of all places in America, New York despises Trump the most considering he was born there and became an icon through there?
    Considering how many New Yorkers he fucked over with his bullshit for over 40 years, I don't think it is surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

You see, they said the same thing after the Horowitz report, and they concluded that there was no wrongdoing with the spying because they were spying on Russians that people like Flynn were illegally talking to. Then when the Horowitz report came back, Barr made this bullshit Durham probe after it didn't come back the way he wanted. Not surprising that this one isn't going to come back any differently.

80,625 new cases; about 26k fewer than 2 weeks ago.

Top 5:

New York: 8,425 new cases; 123 deaths
    Texas: 8,016 new cases; 283 deaths
    California: 7,123 new cases; 444 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New Jersey: 3,870 new cases; 46 deaths

Not to much to expound upon today. Texas testing is still far too low for accurate numbers, New York is having a smallish bump due to classes resuming and national positivity has been hovering around 4.8% for most of the week. The drop in cases week to week is less today than it was most of the rest of the week but it's best not to make much of a single data point, so we'll see what happens next week.

2,246 deaths is about 800 fewer than 2 weeks ago, bringing the total to 523,082. It's been a pretty steady average drop the entire week and I expect we'll be sub-2k for most if not all of next week should the trend continue. California's total in particular should drop pretty steeply in the next week or so.

Related news:

Smokers In Indiana Can Obtain COVID Vaccine Before Teachers Due to Change in State Guidelines--...Jesus fucking Christ, Indiana.

More than half of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible: Poll--This is a bit more than than before with "only" 15% saying they "definitely won't get it" and hopefully the sentiment continues improving as time goes on. Remember, Fauci says we need at least 75% of the population vaccinated in order to return to some form of normalcy and last month there were something like 30% claiming they wouldn't get it.

Stay safe, folks.

Looks like the CPAC stage is in the shape of an Odal Rune with wings, used by Nazis. Just a cowinkydink.

https://twitter.com/hami/status/1365339498364604419

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Looks like the CPAC stage is in the shape of an Odal Rune with wings, used by Nazis. Just a cowinkydink.

https://twitter.com/hami/status/1365339498364604419
    THAT'S what was bothering me! I mean, besides the entirety of the GOP. I saw a pic of the setup and thought it was kind of boring except something was scratching at the inside of my head screaming that something was off.

It's TOTALLY a fucking Odal Rune.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    THAT'S what was bothering me! I mean, besides the entirety of the GOP. I saw a pic of the setup and thought it was kind of boring except something was scratching at the inside of my head screaming that something was off.

Well, it does have a line between the two wings, which the original doesn't have... but yeah, pretty hard to see it as something other then deliberate. The shape itself wouldn't be quite so damning, but they took the trouble to mark it out clearly with the coloration, so it looks extremely deliberate to me.

10+ Year Old Account

I’m conflicted... I already deleted a post replying... It’s the whole... are these people so clever that they would do this or are they having Trump as a speaker? I am having trouble rationalizing the required foresight, from people who idolize Trump.

Edit: But, then again... being so stupid that they think no one would notice in the Twitter age? That fits the mold... see... conflicted...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well, it does have a line between the two wings, which the original doesn't have... but yeah, pretty hard to see it as something other then deliberate. The shape itself wouldn't be quite so damning, but they took the trouble to mark it out clearly with the coloration, so it looks extremely deliberate to me.
    I almost feel like whomever designed and built it (or rather directed the construction) knew exactly what it was but everyone else is likely clueless. Like it was either a prank (like the infamous fake Seal) or they were a total Nazi and just getting it out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m conflicted... I already deleted a post replying... It’s the whole... are these people so clever that they would do this or are they having Trump as a speaker? I am having trouble rationalizing the required foresight, from people who idolize Trump.

Edit: But, then again... being so stupid that they think no one would notice in the Twitter age? That fits the mold... see... conflicted...
    See above.

10+ Year Old Account
    See above.
    The basic framing is... are they stupid or do they think we are stupid?

The basic framing is... are they stupid or do they think we are stupid?
    Yes.

/tenchars

EDIT: Honestly, this is delving into conspiracy theory waters so I won't go far into it, but this just reeks of Stephen Miller. A total blaring whistle--not even a silent dog-whistel--to white supremacists.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-02-27 at 03:37 AM.

Odal Rune
    The Elder Futhark reconstructed name for this rune is *oþila, ‘inherited possession’ (note that the initial Norse form of this rune was slightly different: it didn’t have small ‘wings’ added). The Anglo-Saxon Futhorc name is eþel, ‘land, landed property’. It is not present either in the Younger Futhark or the Armanen rune row. The Anglo-Saxon rune poems explains its meaning as follows:
    An estate is very dear to every man, if he can enjoy there in his house whatever is right and proper in constant prosperity.

In Nazi Germany Odal rune was symbolic of the Blut und Boden (“Blood and Soil”) ideology, focusing on a concept of ethnicity based on descent and homeland. It was also the emblem of the Waffen-SS division “Prinz Eugen”, recruited from the Volksdeutsche (ethnic Germans) community in Croatia. It was also used by Reichsbauernschaft and Hitlerjugend.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I almost feel like whomever designed and built it (or rather directed the construction) knew exactly what it was but everyone else is likely clueless. Like it was either a prank (like the infamous fake Seal) or they were a total Nazi and just getting it out there.
    Oh this is absolutely the case. I doubt anyone signed off on it being an explicit Nazi symbol, but the person who made it knew exactly what it was. Nazis have always loved their symbiology, it is bizarrely important to them. They love messaging each other like this, and of course the whole rotten institution has so many Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, Christian Nationalists, Flat Earthers, Q folks, and on and on that it becomes impossible to narrow down who did it. The whole party seems more based on the 2 am programing on the "History" channel then on anything else at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh this is absolutely the case. I doubt anyone signed off on it being an explicit Nazi symbol, but the person who made it knew exactly what it was. Nazis have always loved their symbiology, it is bizarrely important to them. They love messaging each other like this, and of course the whole rotten institution has so many Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, Christian Nationalists, Flat Earthers, Q folks, and on and on that it becomes impossible to narrow down who did it. The whole party seems more based on the 2 am programing on the "History" channel then on anything else at this point.
    It’s part of their superiority complex. They know the codes that normies don’t...

I genuinely wonder, with what's been happening in the world since Trump got kicked the fuck out, if democracy will fall in the foreseeable future. Without singling out any particular names or nations, fascism, xenophobia, nationalism, political murder, and perceived racial supremacy of all kinds are escalating in an unprecedented scale.

It’s part of their superiority complex. They know the codes that normies don’t...
    Frankly the modern fascists seem like a really bad RP guild, these are not what I would call prime specimens of humanity. The speakers for this movement can barely walk up a flight of stairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    it’s a real original work that could one day end up in the Trump “library”.
    Huh. I have to admit, in retrospect, if someone said "Here's a bunch of representations of Trump, make another one" and handed me a bunch of negative charicatures of Trump as inspiration, a bobblehead in flip-flops would have been pretty high on my list of results. But...he wanted this to be a positive representation? Because...it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Frankly the modern fascists seem like a really bad RP guild, these are not what I would call prime specimens of humanity. The speakers for this movement can barely walk up a flight of stairs.
    Without the role playing, there is no fascism... you don’t give up your autonomy and because of a perceived superiority, without role playing... it’s why Mel Brooks does such a great job mocking it:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/26/polit...021/index.html

So two things to note, it’s a real original work that could one day end up in the Trump “library”. And the one on display at CPAC is hollow.
    I hope that man understands that the "Trump Library" will be, at best, a stack of Playboy magazines with some pages stuck together and a "menu" from Epstein's island.

I feel like that statue should be showing up in a FNAF filler game.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866