Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    If I am on a discord and everybody yelling the word nigger I would leave that discord group. Good for me too because I don't need to hang around those people and rather not. I will defend their right of saying it though. Because their words are not causing harm or hindering people.
    Just because they have the right to say it doesn't mean they should say it. A subtle difference. One way you support hate speech and the other you do not. Hate speech should not be tolerated under any circumstance. You don't tolerate it just because it is a different view then yours. Tolerance is for political candidates and not hate speech.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    ORRRR....

We can make a stand, root at all forms of racism and actually force these types of people out of society. These attitudes have no place in a western democracy whether you live in Alabama or Brussels. It's time for jail time. Don't like it? How about after being bashed by the cops and then dragged off to jail. Racism should have been gone by now. I call for violence to solve it.
    You call for violence to solve it eh?

Sorry mate, you're officially part of the problem. This is EXACTLY how racism and discrimination in all their forms begin.

You are just as discriminatory as a racist, you want to 'make a stand' and 'root out' and 'force people out of society', for what? Hurting people's feelings? So you want to treat people the same way the Nazis treated Gypsies, Blacks, Gays, and of course Jews? Beliefs of other people, potentially learned in early childhood, completely involuntary points of view instilled by the society they grew up in, and that's grounds for violence against them. How big of you.

And you hadn't considered that you're doing the exact same thing, hurting THEIR feelings, by being intolerant of THEIR beliefs. Heck, you're calling for violence against people without even putting any consideration into how or why they developed their unusual and absurd opinions about race.

I hate to break your virtue signaling bubble, friend, but if you grew up in Nazi Germany, as an Aryan, all circumstances entirely out of your control, you would NOT be the white knight you conceive of yourself as. You would be just as racist, bigoted, and despicable as anyone else raised in such an environment.

There are things you are prejudiced against, obviously from your opinions, which may be socially fashionable now. What will you say when the SJWs of 50 years from now come knocking on your door about the offenses of today that violate the rules and norms of tomorrow? Will you be just as unforgiving, just as excited for the violence to be aimed your way?

Violence is the problem itself, whether it's because the violence is motivated by racism on the part of the victim or the perpetrator, it's still racism causing one person to be violent against another. You're feeding it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    hate speech is a crime that you can be imprisoned for in sweden... you wouldn't be sentenced for calling people the n-word to your friends on a discord... it would likely not even make it to court... because that's not hate speech...
    Because it is normalized. Normalized doesn't stop it from being hate speech. Just because it isn't a criminal offense doesn't stop it from being hate speech. Stop supporting hate speech and stop using it. Is your language that droll that you have no other insults to use but imported hate speech?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff View Post
    There are things you are prejudiced against, obviously from your opinions, which may be socially fashionable now. What will you say when the SJWs of 50 years from now come knocking on your door about the offenses of today that violate the rules and norms of tomorrow?
    Easy. At the time those actions were normalized even if not right. We all grow as people and since then many of us have come to see the problem with such behavior. See? That wasn't so hard. Stop using a hypothetical scenario to justify using hate speech now. Grow as a person.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    imported? lol... you have no fucking clue... the n-word has existed in its current form in swedish since the 17th century here... it's derived from the latin word for black...
    The only one here that doesn't have a clue is yourself because you think the n-word refers to neger. How uneducated do you have to be about racism and hate speech to not know what the n-word actually refers to? Outdated and to some extent racist seems to indicate that even your wrong n-word is still considered hate speech by many in your country.

https://www.learningforjustice.org/m...bout-the-nword

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just because they have the right to say it doesn't mean they should say it. A subtle difference. One way you support hate speech and the other you do not. Hate speech should not be tolerated under any circumstance. You don't tolerate it just because it is a different view then yours. Tolerance is for political candidates and not hate speech.
    If they are right to say it, they can say it in their private settings without getting jailed and without being fucking fired from their jobs. Just like you should not insult peoples mothers or sisters, but people does that too. What makes one word more fucking hurtfull than other one? Because its racists? You can make fun of some turkish dude or even insult him by saying kebab kebab or some racist shit like that, you might get a beating. You insult a random turkish dudes mother in street, you might get KILLED. In another country both might not net anything to the person, but you insult his team and you might get a beating etc.

You are defending this WORD is vile and is unacceptable etc, but you don't give a shit about the context its said. One sperg in discord calling other moron nigger is not as vile going through the street and calling a asian guy fucking chinks when facing the dude. You will get your ass beaten for that if you do that on streets, you will get fired if you do that on your job, you will get your ties cut if you are in a friend group that doesn't support that kind of shit. And thats that stupid cunts punishment. He/She shouldn't said it, but he can. HE CAN. Stop policing words, it will NEVER end well, because frankly I don't trust any goverment, any foundation. I simply don't. You give abusable power to a goverment and don't give a shit when its abusing its power, it will devolve into something horrible in due time, because people are cunts.

15+ Year Old Account
    n-word does refer to "neger" in sweden...
    Then you aren't saying the n-word this thread is talking about. Your mistake. But I think it is telling that you, and your country, keep shortening the word. It shows that on some level most of you see it as hate speech or don't want to be associated with hate speech that you can't even use the actual term.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    If they are right to say it, they can say it in their private settings without getting jailed and without being fucking fired from their jobs.
    Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. No one is saying a person should be jailed for saying it in their own homes. You keep bringing up this hyperbole as if it proves anything but it doesn't. It just shows how foolish you are in defense of hate speech that you have to keep inventing arguments to justify it. Insulting a mother or sister is not hate speech. Should you still insult people? No. Is it bad if you do so with out using hate speech? Not really.

It doesn't matter the context that hate speech is used in. It is all bad. It doesn't matter if it isn't as vile as calling a person on the street a racial slur. It is still hate speech and still something that should be unacceptable for any decent person.

- - - Updated - - -

it doesn't matter what people think of it... hate speech is a crime... if it doesn't fit the criteria... it's not hate speech...
    Then why is it that you keep using n-word rather then neger? If Neger isn't hate speech why does your collective country have a code word to refer to it? But that is a secondary thing since the n-word does not mean neger in the context of this discussion. And the actual n-word is hate speech don't you agree?

Hate speech can be said even when in private. Just because a person doesn't burst out to commit hate crimes doesn't stop it from being hate speech. If it is part of daily discourse for both parties then both parties tolerate hate speech and routinely use it. You are fighting awfully hard to ignore coming to terms that you have normalized hate speech.
    What definition of hate speech are you using? Things said in private cannot be hate speech under the most commonly accepted definition of hate speech, because they're not expressing it in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What definition of hate speech are you using? Things said in private cannot be hate speech under the most commonly accepted definition of hate speech, because they're not expressing it in public.
    He is just trying to virtue signal. Thats why he is speaking in absolutes. Anything that doesn't appeal to his belief is vile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking news : Some moron found out that humans are pieces of shit!

Wow! Congratulations! You have become an adult!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    A sequence of jokes using racism at it's base between the same group of people isn't ok, it's still racism.

Imagine that we had a room in an hotel where a group of people reunited, and all they did was make racist jokes while playing chess. When they leave, they all behave nomarly, but when there, racist "jokes".

If anyone knew what those people did there, they would simply be labelled as racists. They express their racism in secret, but it's still part of who they are. And that part disgusts the rest of us. Not that we can do anything because they keep doing it in their little private space, but if we know about it (and we did with OP's post), we feel disgust. We feel that there's a problem in the fabric of society that led a group of people to decide that lame racist jokes are fun (but are too coward to make any of them in public).
    Yes I agree if pretty much every joke you make is a racist slur then there's probably something deeper there. My friends wouldn't appreciate it if every single joke I said was a racist one, I was more referring to when racist jokes are just one of many subjects a group make jokes about then I think it's more of an acceptable thing.

The only one here that doesn't have a clue is yourself because you think the n-word refers to neger. How uneducated do you have to be about racism and hate speech to not know what the n-word actually refers to? Outdated and to some extent racist seems to indicate that even your wrong n-word is still considered hate speech by many in your country.
    I would ask you to stop using HateSpeech of my Country. The word you used is considered HateSpeech and racist where I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you aren't saying the n-word this thread is talking about. Your mistake. But I think it is telling that you, and your country, keep shortening the word. It shows that on some level most of you see it as hate speech or don't want to be associated with hate speech that you can't even use the actual term.
    So, you are saying that your Racist words are more important than other countries Racist words?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You just want an excuse to be an asshole without any consequences.
    If you want to have a normal discussion then try to keep away from your own false assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah and what if you're raiding with a homosexual person who gets upset because they've been called that in real life while people have been aggressive towards them?
    Then you tell them that you're sorry, you don't mean it and just use another slur.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO!!!

Anyway.

The freedom to say something doesn't mean the freedom to face no consequences. Weird how people always want Freedom when it only lets them do something with no repercussions.
    Freedom kind of implies not repercussions... Otherwise you aren't free to do whatever it is. Freedom of speech is however about government can't do anything against speech, which is good. That however doesn't mean people are free to do or say whatever they want in other context. I however comes from a stance that no place on earth has freedom in its purest sense of the word. Every society or group has rules, explicit and implicit, and if you break them you face repercussions. Some minor or some major, it's the same. Which means you don't have freedom since you will get pressured to follow these rules or face consequences.

The fact that you say people only want freedom when they don't face repercussions is kind of the basic requirement for freedom. If anyone face repercussions for X they aren't free to do so.

Don't get the wrong idea. I think societal and rules within groups is a necessity for how we as humans work and how we evolved so much as we have. I just contest your misuse of the freedom. If something you can argue that certain actions shouldn't be encouraged and some outright condemned outside of laws. But don't go and say "you are free to do this, but then you face consequences", they are sort of odds with each other.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-02-27 at 11:21 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not, because you are pushing bullshit. Just because I don't think you should be able to force your speech onto others on their own property, does not mean I'm opposed to freedom of speech.

Or, are you now arguing you are opposed to property rights and freedom of association?

If you are arguing I'm opposed to free speech, then you are also arguing you are opposed to those things.

Let me know!!!
    I'm not a free speech absolutist. I 100% think free speech should have sensible limits. And if that makes me a monster, then hey, guess I'm a monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If you want to have a normal discussion then try to keep away from your own false assumptions.

Then you tell them that you're sorry, you don't mean it and just use another slur.
    If you believe that using slurs, when there are plenty of other curse words or other words, is worth the very real risk that you're going to deeply offend someone then I don't think I made a false assumption at all.

Instead of using a slur say "Fucker" or "Little Bitch" or whatever else. No one is saying you must have a pure mouth. I curse like a sailor, but I also have enough respect for my fellow human beings that I avoid saying words that I know may hurt someone.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No, I won't stop disliking racism just because you are ok with it, Demeia.
    Seems you misunderstood me. I was agreeing with you.

Free speech really isn't.
    And slander and libel is still illegal.
    And depending on what you're saying...where and when; may be legitimate, but can still be subject to repercussions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    But what makes you different from them in that case?
    You judge, and hate them because they are/think different. Its basically the same.
    Oh fo sho, we disliking and not tolerating racists is basically the same as racists not tolerating and disliking people who happen to be born with a different skin tone.

You people have the weirdest of takes to justify being racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Seems you misunderstood me. I was agreeing with you.
    My bad.