Thread: Anduin's Lies

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    He is definitely undead. His skin and hair changed color, his eyes became blue - he has the classic Death Knight appearence. What's more, domination magic was shown to only work on undead. The last scene we see him alive Sylvanas is literally about to stab him with a blade.
    Bolvar however is most definitely not dead. He might not be a normal mortal but he never died, do knowing that the Jailers influence worked on him we can extrapolate that domination magic only working on undead is bullshit.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I know. But, Grommash is another case. There is, clearly, an inspiration from the Wrathion trailer on the Chains of Domination one.

Didn't he?

I didn't say he banged Tiffin Wrynn. I said he banged Jaina.

Can i get a quote or a source, or something?
    That was not wrathion. That was a minion on nzoth pretending to be him.

Dif you not actually do the fight or are you just trying to make stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    He is definitely undead. His skin and hair changed color, his eyes became blue - he has the classic Death Knight appearence. What's more, domination magic was shown to only work on undead. The last scene we see him alive Sylvanas is literally about to stab him with a blade.
    Nope. Absolutely not.

I've speculated, in my opening post, that Anduin is the son of Arthas, rather than Varian's.
    lol. thanks for the laugh.

Can i get a quote or a source, or something?
    Data pulled from Wowpedia's Arthas page, I believe that they got it from the novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Bolvar however is most definitely not dead. He might not be a normal mortal but he never died, do knowing that the Jailers influence worked on him we can extrapolate that domination magic only working on undead is bullshit.
    Not sure, he looks pretty dead here.

What exactly Alexstrasza's fire did to him seems to be inconclusive. Some sources call it reanimation, some say he was "kept on the edge between death and life."

He might not be dead, but I wouldn't call it "most definite."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I mean, Anduin lying about the Forsaken being slain according to another is kind of... like, isn't that debunked by War Crimes? I mean, it would be interesting if Anduin was lying about that, because he does have motivation to do that because Sylvanas' retreat at the Broken Shore could be to blame for why Varian died - so Anduin could be out for vengeance against Sylvanas. And considering Tyrande was angered at the lack of help from the Humans over the loss of Teldrassil, but Anduin then using it as an excuse to go sack Undercity... in the light of vengeance against Sylvanas a lot of that story piling up makes sense. But at the same time, at present right now Anduin has basically been coorcing Sylvanas to go against the Jailer - so maybe he could be trying to break her goals out of a sense of vengeance still, or maybe he's trying to prove to himself what he's doing in this mad crusade against the Banshee Queen is right when all along she's been more of a pawn than a piece master. We will be fighting Sylvanas sooner or later in this next tier, so maybe there's an opportunity there for us to discover if Anduin has been playing us all along. Him lying once could have been the catalyst influenced by the Void, with him following in this crusade of his maybe leading the Jailer letting the Old Gods free. I mean, if the Old Gods are so influential and if the Light can reach the Shadowlands - maybe the Void can too and they've been whispering to the Jailer all along and so maybe he could be in league with them. Might be reasonable, right? It would also kind of explain why the Jailer initially turned in the first place and did whatever bad thing he did that got him locked up -- could've been manipulated by the Void. All to eventually let them out because of the infinite possibilities they saw where they would die along the way so maybe them planning to get out again would be part of their ploy of how they don't interface with death like we do.

Also, Anduin and Wrathion doing the same leaping and stabbing kind of motion... if Wrathion is taking vengeance for his father in that scene against the Void that corrupted him, it could also be telling if Anduin was in a state of getting vengeance for his father during this time. So maybe attacking in this matter is his way of getting revenge against Sylvanas for killing his father...?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't believe people STILL think the "hour of the third death" woman is Alleria.

But people need to understand the truth. It was both Azshara and Azeroth. NOT Alleria.

How could you possibly think that Blizzard would make it so obvious? It never is that obvious when it comes to the Old Gods. I have been saying this for years. There's no way it could have been Alleria, the dialogue was too specific and was a clear misdirection. And I was right. Big shocker!
    It still could be.
    I mean, there's no reason to put that dialogue, mentioning 2 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you never did the raid, did you... that wasn't actually him.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wrathion,_the_Black_Emperor

"The boss fight is not truly against Wrathion himself, but rather a faceless one named Ki'merax disguised as a corrupted version of the Black Prince. Ki'merax's true form is revealed upon "Wrathion's" defeat."

if you're gonna just make stuff up at least know what you're talking about
    My bad.
    So, if it's not that connection, what could the similarities in animations hint at?

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    That was not wrathion. That was a minion on nzoth pretending to be him.

Dif you not actually do the fight or are you just trying to make stuff up.
    My mistake.

Still... it takes place in the Vision of Destiny, Ny'alotha, the Waking City and the description is "Despite all his precautions, Wrathion could not avoid succumbing to the madness that claimed his father. With his mind twisted by N'Zoth, he believes that the only way he can truly defend Azeroth is to rule it in the Old God’s name. A prince no longer, Wrathion now takes his rightful place as the Black Emperor."

So, maybe, it's kind of foretelling.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-02-27 at 09:43 AM.

My mistake.

Still... it takes place in the Vision of Destiny, Ny'alotha, the Waking City and the description is "Despite all his precautions, Wrathion could not avoid succumbing to the madness that claimed his father. With his mind twisted by N'Zoth, he believes that the only way he can truly defend Azeroth is to rule it in the Old God’s name. A prince no longer, Wrathion now takes his rightful place as the Black Emperor."

So, maybe, it's kind of foretelling.
    No, and if you had done the fight, you'd know. N'zoth is trying to mislead us. Since the raid ends with his defeat, he never gets the chance to try for real.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, and if you had done the fight, you'd know. N'zoth is trying to mislead us. Since the raid ends with his defeat, he never gets the chance to try for real.
    Maybe, he just wants us to believe he was defeated.
    Windows Central's Danuser interview - "While the Light can only conceive of one true path, the Void sees endless possibilities. Strategically, the Old Gods always have plans within plans, waiting for one door to close so another can open. To believe there can only be a single outcome to the struggle against N'Zoth would be to ignore the lessons he was trying to teach us."

And, you know, Wrathion's role isn't over.
    He got a new model, probably for more than just one patch.
    There's a Dragon Isles expansion or, at least, a patch on the horizon.
    So, his downfall isn't an inconceivable thing.