This really is going to be Links Awakening again isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Probably. Which i got over eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Probably. Which i got over eventually.
    I mean, the only complaints I ever saw about Link's awakening was
    1) random FPS drops
    2) the screen blur.

Otherwise it was received pretty well, and I think it's kinda funny that it's being used as like, a "doom and gloom" phrase (not by you).

https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...inks-awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, the only complaints I ever saw about Link's awakening was
    1) random FPS drops
    2) the screen blur.

Otherwise it was received pretty well, and I think it's kinda funny that it's being used as like, a "doom and gloom" phrase (not by you).

https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...inks-awakening
    I still dont like the model eyes, physics and just how slow it feels when i can speed run dx in 3-4 hours. Its at least nice to look at when dp look like ugly funko pops
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-02-27 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still dont like the models, physics and just how slow it feels when i can speed run dx in 3-4 hours. Its at least nice to look at when dp look like ugly funko pops
    I mean, to each their own on the style, but honestly it's not like character models were ever good looking in the older games. Everyone was basically a squished box that had two legs that moved. This is a step up from that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, to each their own on the style, but honestly it's not like character models were ever good looking in the older games. Everyone was basically a squished box that had two legs that moved. This is a step up from that.
    You could get away with it as sprites. These are just ugly. I also bet these arent even gonna be 1080 60 docked, but 720 30 with slowdown

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lots of ppl on here QQ’d about the price. But they think $40 is too much for an upgraded D2, so I kinda roll my eyes at that shit.
    It wasnt. Anybody who asked me if they should get it i told them to just play dx

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile i am waiting for for BD II copy here....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Meanwhile i am waiting for for BD II copy here....
    I prefer in store orders so I can get games on release. So far it's been pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Links Awakening shouldn't have been 60 dollars and the D&P remakes look way worse, but I guarantee they'll be 60 dollars as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Links Awakening shouldn't have been 60 dollars and the D&P remakes look way worse, but I guarantee they'll be 60 dollars as well.
    Dont be silly xd https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pokemon...?skuId=6414121

This is huge step down from the old games.

Huge bobblehead sprites work for small resolution portable screen. Turn it into straight 3D models for 1080p screen without any adjustments to proportions and it looks ridicilously ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is huge step down from the old games.

Huge bobblehead sprites work for small resolution portable screen. Turn it into straight 3D models for 1080p screen without any adjustments to proportions and it looks ridicilously ugly.
    It's not.

Ugly is subjective.

Vaguely being able to make out ANY character models isn't better. It's fine to prefer the old style, but objectively speaking, being able to actually make out individual details is better than being a blob.

If they reworked the game to look like Sword and Shield, you'd still have complaints.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not.

Ugly is subjective.

Vaguely being able to make out ANY character models isn't better. It's fine to prefer the old style, but objectively speaking, being able to actually make out individual details is better than being a blob.

If they reworked the game to look like Sword and Shield, you'd still have complaints.
    They should have at least looked like lets go. A clean and pleasant mix of gen 6 and 7

It's fine to prefer the old style, but objectively speaking, being able to actually make out individual details is better than being a blob.
    Yet the models are literally blobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yet the models are literally blobs.
    I'd accept the comparison to funko pops more than this honestly.

If you are genuinely trying to say the remakes look like blobs in the overworld, then this is a lost cause.

In D/P defense, they had one of the best sprites, but it was still 80% head. Which honestly makes this remake pretty faithful to the original look, just with more expansion on how the model looks in 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not.

Ugly is subjective.

Doubtful, because that's what everyone expected. Every remake has taken the art style of the game that came out before it. Fire Red/Leaf Green used Ruby/Sapphire's art style, Heart Gold/Soul Silver used Diamond/Pearl's, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire used X and Y's.

I don't think Sword and Shield are pushing the boundaries of what the Switch can do unlike BotW or Nintendo's other First Party titles, but they looked passable. The Diamond and Pearl remakes don't look like Switch games. When they showed them off I legit thought they were mobile games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I prefer digital orders since you can start playing a lot faster.
    I mean, if you sit at home all day, sure. I picked up my copy yesterday on my lunch break and was playing within 5 minutes of getting home from work

Doubtful, because that's what everyone expected. Every remake has taken the art style of the game that came out before it. Fire Red/Leaf Green used Ruby/Sapphire's art style, Heart Gold/Soul Silver used Diamond/Pearl's, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire used X and Y's.

I don't think Sword and Shield are pushing the boundaries of what the Switch can do unlike BotW or Nintendo's other First Party titles, but they looked passable. The Diamond and Pearl remakes don't look like Switch games. When they showed them off I legit thought they were mobile games.
    That isn't at all what I expected because it would, unlike the other remakes, it would literally make the game different.

And if you honestly think people wouldn't complain about that, I would love to point to the fact that people complained about the demon souls remake making enemies look different.

Games should be what people are willing to pay for them. Nintendo isn't running a charity, and LA selling millions at $60 showed they made the right decision.

It's really annoying when gamers act like video games are some essential supplies or some shit when they are luxury entertainment. If it's not in your price range for the game don't buy it- but don't act like an armchair CEO about how the price is wrong. Nintendo the most cash rich company in all of Japan probably knows a thing or two about running a business.