View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Vaccination rates UK vs EU are a direct impact of Brexit in enabling UK avoidance of the EMA slovenly approval though. Honestly eurochums it saddens me to tears so much and gives me no joy when I look at the EU fiasco, the simplest solution would be for other EU member states to immediately leave the flawed organisation like the UK did and source independently their own vaccine supply, we have plenty spare in the pipeline they could have.

There has also been much debate in the UK over who should be prioritised for the jab. I have a simple solution.

Those that voted to remain should enjoy the EU vaccination rates they support and those that voted to leave should harvest the fruits of Brexit and be vaccinated first.
    Explain how Hungary are using both the Russian, and the Chinese vaccine while being an EU member? Can't? That's because your entire post is nonsense. Your vaccination program has nothing to do with brexit. But seing 1 positive thing happening in the UK, in the middle of an absolute shitshow, means you'l take it as a brexit benefit, cus you're clueless.

But thanks for your shitty handling of covid, giving grounds for mutations to go rampant. I wouldnt be too proud of the entire world talking about the british covid at this point. You're the reason Europe is in a lockdown at this point, yes also your own country.

Btw, it's hilarious how you go all "YAY BREXIT" whenever there's 1 positive outcome, considering that it's shadowed by 10 negatives

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-d...nside-dossier/
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-02-26 at 10:57 AM.

This is hilarious... so as football fans might know, Bayern's latest Jewel is called Musiala. He used to play for the youth team at Chelsea. Apparently one of the reasons why he transfered to Bayern was Brexit and his parents wanting to not be in the UK after Brexit. I mean, thanks I guess? Haha, so much Brexit dividends for the UK. Totally worth it. Oh, he's decided to play for the German NT instead of the English NT, too. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it's still good for Bayern.

https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a3...bayern-wechsel

(German text, sorry, just to document the validity of this claim)
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is hilarious... so as football fans might know, Bayern's latest Jewel is called Musiala. He used to play for the youth team at Chelsea. Apparently one of the reasons why he transfered to Bayern was Brexit and his parents wanting to not be in the UK after Brexit. I mean, thanks I guess? Haha, so much Brexit dividends for the UK. Totally worth it. Oh, he's decided to play for the German NT instead of the English NT, too. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it's still good for Bayern.

https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a3...bayern-wechsel

(German text, sorry, just to document the validity of this claim)
    It's funny.

Football fans in England now are pretty much trying to get Southgate to put him into a squad to take the decision away from him. If I were in his shoes it wouldn't even be a tough choice.

England: The team that never really wins any trophies so celebrates a flukey 5-1 win and a world cup in which can only be remembered by Boomers.

vs

Germany: That has a history of winning multiple major trophies after reunification and also part of the country have an even longer history of winning trophies.

I'd pick Germany every single time. Hell as someone who due to grandfather clause can play for Greece I'd actually pick the Greek team over the English one

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's funny.

Football fans in England now are pretty much trying to get Southgate to put him into a squad to take the decision away from him. If I were in his shoes it wouldn't even be a tough choice.

England: The team that never really wins any trophies so celebrates a flukey 5-1 win and a world cup in which can only be remembered by Boomers.

vs

Germany: That has a history of winning multiple major trophies after reunification and also part of the country have an even longer history of winning trophies.

I'd pick Germany every single time. Hell as someone who due to grandfather clause can play for Greece I'd actually pick the Greek team over the English one
    Southgate can put him in a squad if he wants, but his decision has been made and FIFA is only interested in where he actually shows up the first time, not which team puts him on a sheet of paper first.

Having said that, I don't rate the English NT that bad. It's just that I think it's unfortunate for the English NT that a stupid political stunt robbed them of what sounds would have been a sure thing. By the sound of the article, Brexit spawned the move to Bayern that then spawned the decision to play for Germany. But I'm sure English football fans are blissfully ignorant of the context and are going to hate on him no matter what.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    All I see here now is confirmation that last weeks Bild headline is true and the EU envy of Brexit Britain is real. :- I hate to say it, but Britain's doing OK. Even Germany envies us...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...many-envies-us

And all that from remain central The Guardian.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

All I see here now is confirmation that last weeks Bild headline is true and the EU envy of Brexit Britain is real. :- I hate to say it, but Britain's doing OK. Even Germany envies us...
    Just because something happened after Brexit doesn't establish a causal link between them.

10+ Year Old Account

That Guardian article is practically drenched in sarcasm and satire on their part.

There are glimmers of light for gloomsters. Amsterdam has taken over as Europe’s share-trading capital? Tell me more. Lorry delays and export nightmares? Give it to me neat. But everywhere we look there are questions without easy answers. Does Ed Davey deserve some credit? Is Matt Hancock not the literal devil? Is the UK actually… good?
    Germany, which welcomes every immigrant, has sensible governments, and has only ever craved peaceful European integration.
    I have a bridge to sell to people naive enough to not be able to see what's actually being said with paragraphs like these.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-02-28 at 06:19 PM.

Nobody envies the UK, rest assured. Not a single soul in Germany. Hope that one jab strategy works out for you. We'll be free of restrictions soon enough.

1) They talk about vaccinations, not being unable to export food to the EU. No one wants to copy your shitshow brexit.

2) Denmark (a EU country), is planning to have everyone over 16 vaccinated by the end of June.

It's funny how the only situation you think you can promote brexit as being good for, is vaccinations. Even tho other EU countries are not forced to follow EU guildelines (Hungary), and some are planning to end vaccination at the same time as the brits (Denmark). It is possible for others to compliment the UK, without it being a compliment for brexit, the 2 are not related, altho brexiters wants to sell it as if it is, since there's very few positives from brexit.

It does show that brexit gave you nothing in the end, but keep on with your delusions. In the end it's quite off-topic, and belongs in the coronavirus thread.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-03-01 at 06:19 AM.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-kenya-trad...not-to-ratify/

The recently signed trade deal between the UK and Kenya will be extended to Burundi, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania, according to multiple media reports in Kenya.

The announcement follows weeks of threats by members of the House of Lords as well as Kenyan MPs not to ratify the trade agreement, which was signed in December of last year.

According to a report in regional newspaper The East African this weekend, all six members of the East African Community (EAC) will be covered by the UK-Kenya trade arrangements.

This means that businesses from Kenya, Burundi, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania can export and offer their products into the UK on a no-tariff, no-quota basis, once the deal has been ratified.
    Good news for the EAC, because they are a bloc, they were able to manhandle the UK into accepting the entire EAC into their little trade agreement. This is what happens when you're not part of a block in the future. The colonies are now the masters in the house and the UK will accept conditions set upon them. I look forward to more of these trade agreements from the UK.

Mind you, this trade deal is basically a carbon copy of the EU-EAC deal that was put into force in 2014. So... where's the dividend again?

https://www.cityam.com/uk-kenya-trad...not-to-ratify/

Good news for the EAC, because they are a bloc, they were able to manhandle the UK into accepting the entire EAC into their little trade agreement. This is what happens when you're not part of a block in the future. The colonies are now the masters in the house and the UK will accept conditions set upon them. I look forward to more of these trade agreements from the UK.

Mind you, this trade deal is basically a carbon copy of the EU-EAC deal that was put into force in 2014. So... where's the dividend again?
    They'll be able to sell it as a win for ignorant brexiteers I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    They'll be able to sell it as a win for ignorant brexiteers I guess.
    Yeah, their 1 negotiation will now cover for 5(?) other countries too, with no additional work! ...

Honestly, it's not really a bad thing, but it just brings the UK back to what it had while in the EU, since it looks to be the same deal from what I can tell personally (and what Slant says)

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, their 1 negotiation will now cover for 5(?) other countries too, with no additional work! ...

Honestly, it's not really a bad thing, but it just brings the UK back to what it had while in the EU, since it looks to be the same deal from what I can tell personally (and what Slant says)
    So, nothing was gained. Yeah that's hard to sell as a win.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56278125

On Wednesday, the UK said it would unilaterally extend grace periods for Irish Sea border checks, a move the EU said was a breach of international law.

Simon Coveney said he preferred "engagement", but the UK government was driving the EU towards legal action.
    Interesting... and not quite surprising.

7+ Year Old Account

The EU are only now finding out that they have no power over the UK after Brexit and are a tad upset.

The UK have decided to extend the grace period without EU agreement, indefinitely most likely, and there is nothing the EU can do about it. Sure they can threaten legal action, but they have no means of enforcing any future judgement against the UK who will just choose to ignore it.

Another Brexit benefit highlighted...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The EU should just sanction them at this point.

The EU are only now finding out that they have no power over the UK after Brexit and are a tad upset.

The UK have decided to extend the grace period without EU agreement, indefinitely most likely, and there is nothing the EU can do about it. Sure they can threaten legal action, but they have no means of enforcing any future judgement against the UK who will just choose to ignore it.

So the UK showing themselves to be liars and unable to hold up their end of a deal is a good thing? The UK failed to understand what it agreed to, again, or agreed to something it had no intention of honoring. And blamed the EU. Making Brexiters either liars or idiots, or both. And rather than work with it's new trade partner and negotiate in good faith they like most Brexiters threw a tantrum, blamed everyone else, and are now going to find out the hard way that they're in a much worse negotiating position. Again.

You are aware the only reason the UK is unilaterally extending this grace period is because UK business is being crushed by all the "positives" of Brexit you told us about? Diplomatically speaking this is 100% a move of desperation. Otherwise you'd have stuck to the deal you agreed to as a country. If Brexit was so great and was competently done you'd have zero need for yet another extension. How's all that lovely import paperwork and goods stopped at the border Brexit has forced on the UK?

There's quite a bit the EU can do about it. And it will be more unpleasant for the UK than the EU as the UK closes itself off from the world and the EU snaps up those business deals with its larger and more competently run government. Brexit once again showing that neither Dribbles or any other Brexiter honors anything they agree to.

You also mentioned the "The EU are only now finding out that they have no power over the UK after Brexit and are a tad upset.". The EU has learned nothing new from this latest attempt of the UK to avoid having to suffer the consequences of its poor chances. Because you've done it multiple times before and likely will again. Because Brexiters are liars and do not negotiate in good faith.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-03-04 at 02:32 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The EU has the power to close its external borders whenever they wish. But we don't do it so people like you don't cry their eyes out because the EU is such a big meanie. Which is ironic, given that you still pretend the UK is in charge. But only when it suits you, innit? Whenever you want a reason to blame the EU, suddenly the EU is in control and being a dick.

You can't have it both ways, Dribs.

Truth of the matter is, the UK can close or open its side of the border as much as it likes. Just like the EU can close and open its border as much as it likes. And that unilateral control goes both ways. Except, we signed a treaty about that, didn't we. The UK voluntarily, as a sovereign nation signed a treaty. And once again, the UK is ignoring its own word and just goes and does whatever it wants.

Begs the question, why did we even sign an agreement in the first place? Oh, I remember, it's to help you lot out... want me to dig up the parking lot on that airfield again? That's what would be your new perpetual state if the EU hadn't tried to be nice to you. Keep pushing, see how far that takes you.

This isn't a highlight, this is one of the reasons why the US is not giving you a trade contract. But hey, you sure are proud of that mighty, mighty FTA with.. what was it, Kenya, Tanzania and some other African countries? You're welcome, by the way. Hope peeking and appropriating the EU contract helped you big time. You have no shame, do you? None at all. It's amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The EU should just sanction them at this point.
    I agree, but then we'll be the bad guys and everyone will whine at us. Better to suffer the idiocy and let the beggar get some crumbs than have to justify yourself all day long. Eventually it'll work out. Unlike Dribbles, I do not actually want NI to go up in flames. There are people's very real lives at stake and if this keeps the region calm, I'm not too opposed on it.

Curious, though, since we've established him being a psychopath who enjoys the suffering and deaths of other people, this makes sense. Dribs actually wants the EU to close the border so that the Troubles flare up again and his evening entertainment for the next few years is secured. It's quite easy to figure him out once you stop being polite about it and just assume he's only a gun away from going on a rampage in the local mall...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    There's quite a bit the EU can do about it. And it will be more unpleasant for the UK than the EU as the UK closes itself off from the world and the EU snaps up those business deals with its larger and more competently run government. Brexit once again showing that neither Dribbles or any other Brexiter honors anything they agree to.
    I'll just leave this here...

https://www.cityam.com/financial-ser...t-brexit-vote/

Financial services firms continue to move jobs, assets and people to the EU, while calling on the government to ensure the UK maintains a cooperate trading relationship with the bloc.

Since the referendum, a total 24 financial services firms have publicly declared they will transfer UK assets to the EU.

Not all of those firms have publicly declared the value of the assets they plan to transfer, but consultancy giant EY has estimated the figure could be almost £1.3 trillion.
    I would have quoted it earlier, but at this point it's redundant to keep posting all the news about UK companies fleeing the UK every day. It's the new normal. That money drain is just opening up... the flood is yet to come.

Well the desperate press are crowing about an actual benefit of Brexit, the amount of money you can spend on contactless card machines is going up to £100.

Sadly it only really benefits thieves who can now drain accounts quicker but this is where we are now.

On top of that there are going to be freeports in the UK, something supposedly impossible in the EU. Although the EU contains 80 freeports they're just frowned upon for being hotbeds for crime and corruption.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait, why is it a good thing that EU products and peoples can continue to flood into the UK with no border checks?

You specifically left the EU so that it could no longer happen, and here you are cheering as it does.