Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Will the 9th expansion finally be fresh and not Legon 4.0?

Big WoW player since launch, I still love this game 17 years later. Of the recent expansions the past 5+ years, I LOVED Legion, it's easily one of my fav expansions, so many cool new things to do in it, and it was a fresh and so fun, never stale or boring whatsoever. Class Halls, and artifact appearances, specific class mounts, and Mage Tower and a new class in Demon Hunter, they created Mythic + dungeons, etc...

But lately with BfA ( Legion 2.0 ) and now Shadowlands ( Legion 3.0 ) I'm starting to hit a wall in boredom of the same old, same old. It feels like Legion, just continued, but not in a good way.

And no, it's not just WoW or I am getting burned out or getting older with different interests, no it's specifically shitty WoW development. I love WoW, but we're basically on the third expansion in a row that have the stupid crappy systems and same stuff again and again.

World Quests were great and exciting in Legion, then ok BfA, but now totally suck in SL. What happened to the kill one boss WQ's, instead we get these tedious and boring fill the XP bar WQ's and now they seem to take longer, one kill only gives you 1% or 2%, meaning it takes FOREVER to complete it, and by the time I hit 100% and complete the World Quest I am so freaking bored and frustrated.

And the systems made in Legion were cool, and fresh, Artifacts and Legendary's, and Netherlight Crucible, etc... Then Blizzard blows it all up, and creates a whole new system for BfA with Azerite, and Essences, and Corruption ( Ugh the worst ) and then the next expansion Shadowlands, they nuke it all again, and give us a whole new set of stupid systems with Covenants, and Soul binds, and blah, blah, blah, holy fuck just stop this already Blizz.

Stop creating brand new game systems, it's the worst. We don't need Artifact or Azerite, or Covenant gear.

I don't want to grind for AP, or Azerite or Anima.

I don't want worse World Quests that are very time consuming and just boring AF.

Is there a possibility of a new creative team or director for the next expansion? I don't want Legion 4.0 anymore, I want a fresh take on WoW, new blood to take on the reigns. Whole new thought process for the game, no more Artifact or Azerite or Covenants, but part 4 in the next expansion, please no more.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-02-27 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Big WoW player since launch, I still love this game 17 years later. Of the recent expansions the past 5+ years, I LOVED Legion, it's easily one of my fav expansions, so many cool new things to do in it, and it was a fresh and so fun, never stale or boring whatsoever. Class Halls, and artifact appearances, specific class mounts, and Mage Tower and a new class in Demon Hunter, they created Mythic + dungeons, etc...

But lately with BfA ( Legion 2.0 ) and now Shadowlands ( Legion 3.0 ) I'm starting to hit a wall in boredom of the same old, same old. It feels like Legion, just continued, but not in a good way.

And no, it's not just WoW or I am getting burned out or getting older with different interests, no it's specifically shitty WoW development. I love WoW, but we're basically on the third expansion in a row that have the stupid crappy systems and same stuff again and again.

World Quests were great and exciting in Legion, then ok BfA, but now totally suck in SL. What happened to the kill one boss WQ's, instead we get these tedious and boring fill the XP bar WQ's and now they seem to take longer, one kill only gives you 1% or 2%, meaning it takes FOREVER to complete it, and by the time I hit 100% and complete the World Quest I am so freaking bored and frustrated.

And the systems made in Legion were cool, and fresh, Artifacts and Legendary's, and Netherlight Crucible, etc... Then Blizzard blows it all up, and creates a whole new system for BfA with Azerite, and Essences, and Corruption ( Ugh the worst ) and then the next expansion Shadowlands, they nuke it all again, and give us a whole new set of stupid systems with Covenants, and Soul binds, and blah, blah, blah, holy fuck just stop this already Blizz.

Stop creating brand new game systems, it's the worst. We don't need Artifact or Azerite, or Covenant gear.

I don't want worse World Quests that are very time consuming and just boring AF.

Is there a possibility of a new creative team or director for the next expansion? I don't want Legion 4.0 anymore, I want a fresh take on WoW, new blood to take on the reigns. Whole new thought process for the game, no more Artifact or Azerite or Covenants, but part 4 in the next expansion, please no more.
    I agree with your concept that we are still in a continued state of systems (3.0), but your examples need work or even more constructive criticism to be taken more seriously.

You created a very long post without really saying anything, honestly, outside of you're bored and tired of grinding.

3+ Year Old Account
    Anima =/= AP/Azerite

Case closed.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 3 things certain in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. Zorachus making another thread about how he feels

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Anima =/= AP/Azerite

Case closed.
    Given that Anima is only used to raise renown (and buy cosmetics/fund upgrades that are not necessary at all) this is true.
    I can't understand how people don't get that anima is an almost completely optional system. You can play SL and just PvP all day and be content and never touch a world quest.

What's Blizzard's sick form of torture of being so anti getting around the game world quickly?

- Shadowlands flight paths are the worst, always needing to fly to Oribos to get to another SL zone. Really Blizz, you think that's fun and cool?

- And easy on the load screens already. Holy cow it's load screen city in this game lately. And I have a fast gaming rig with 64GB DDR4 with a solid state drive and newest Intel CPU. And I'm sick of the load screens just kills the immersion MMO factor.

- No flight whistle? And why is that?

- Most classes have some form of quick fast walking or floating or whatnot on a cool down. But it's a sick joke, like DK's get Wraith Walk move fast for what several seconds, then wait on the long cool down. It's like Blizzard lives to tease us, ok you can move quickly, but only for a very short time, then back to crawling slow movement.

- The Maw. Who at Blizz thought a whole zone with virtually no mounting wouid be fun? Yeah you can grab that one mount in there, but still. It's basically no riding in The Maw just slow walking. How is that fun?

- Legacy old content, let us frigging mount up in old Raids abd Dungeons, or at least make the cool downs much shorter or last longer for our classes Wraith Walk type spells.

The issue is simply two things:

WORLD QUESTS and NO VISIBLE PROGRESSION!

World quests are the issue we have with WoW right now: Since they introduced World quests, we don't have quests that distinct from each other: Instead we just have world quests with 4-5 factions, and the zone you are in you need to do the same crap over and over and over again.

Instead of having distinguished questhubs that allows you to do other things like cloud serpend quests or netherwing and so on, it's just about talking head says this, talking head says that. An weekly some new Artefact/War Campaign/Convenant quests. That's all of it.

Having no quest hub where you can interact or having something that distinguish each other or allow you to simply do something different makes the game so boring as it is. MoP was maybe not everyones taste, but there was really so much different to do that's not tied to player power that actually made fun, and no, torghast is not it, since you can't progress in it from it. You will not get stronger from playing torgast; only when you do something else. And there is simply no progression.

And World Quests are the fault of it.

The fun story is that Legion was only so good BECAUSE you had in Suramar an dedicated quest hub, yes, there were world quests too, but you needed to do different things, there were so much hidden items, so much player progression, you could see in so many things you did a PROGRESSION, and we had NOTHING of it in BfA or Shadowlands.

There is no real progression in it: yes, you can unlock certain things, but the progression is simply not there, at least not in a way Suramar had it.

Let's see the most memorable patches and expansions we had for the open world:

1.9 We don't really need to say anything about AQ-Prequest: people can actually contribute and have again a visible progression server wide.
    2.4; one of the best patches; we had an visible Player progression server wide.
    MoP: we had an player progression through the farm, but also through cloud serpent quests and so on.
    5.2; one of the best patches, we had an visible Player progression server wide. And we got to kill a lot of trolls, always a big winner.
    WoD: yes, it sounds crazy, and they cut a lot of things, but beside that after the Release it was actually fun, the Garrison was fun, because you had what: visible player progression in the world. the issue was that because there were no new content and because they didn't improved it at all, it went downhill and the shit is now.
    Legion: Suramar: one of the best zones ever, we had an visible player progression in the quest hub: you go in the quest hub, it is a dusty old cavern, it seems so dead and unused and more and more you can see how much better it goes.

Everything that don't exist anymore. Yes Legion introduced world quests, but it also introduced pvp world quests (never used after legion), and many things more.

And that's the issue both with BfA and Shadowlands: World Quests that doesn't add anything as another talking head that says what you need to do and no visible progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Given that Anima is only used to raise renown (and buy cosmetics/fund upgrades that are not necessary at all) this is true.
    I can't understand how people don't get that anima is an almost completely optional system. You can play SL and just PvP all day and be content and never touch a world quest.
    IT HAS THE SAME ACRONYM!!!1

Ye its so silly how people keep bring that up which just shows their total lack of knowledge.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The issue is simply two things:

WORLD QUESTS and NO VISIBLE PROGRESSION!
    WQ's give me something to do for 20-30 minutes of an evening. Yes, they're often weird and annoying compared to what we had in BFA, but the steady drip of gear and anima (i.e upgrades) is decent content for casual/solo players. I wouldn't be subscribed to the game in their absence.

15+ Year Old Account
    - And easy on the load screens already. Holy cow it's load screen city in this game lately. And I have a fast gaming rig with 64GB DDR4 with a solid state drive and newest Intel CPU. And I'm sick of the load screens just kills the immersion MMO factor.
    There are only a few extra load screens you have compared to past expansions. You don't play WoW for the immersion since you also complain about flight travel times and having to go through Oribos when those are immersive designs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    World quests are the issue we have with WoW right now: Since they introduced World quests, we don't have quests that distinct from each other: Instead we just have world quests with 4-5 factions, and the zone you are in you need to do the same crap over and over and over again.
    Daily quest hubs are essentially world quests. You still can "interact with a faction" if you make that choice. But lets face it after the first week or two of dailies you no longer cared about the hub. Just like with World Quests. And with callings you are specifically picking up the quest and being sent to zones to do stuff. Having the freedom to pick the Daily you do in that zone versus the same specific dailies is always better.

Not to mention we had things like Mechagon and Nazjatar in BfA that are exactly what you say is better. But it doesn't register. We have the maw which is what you say is better but that doesn't seem to register. Weird huh? You are blinded by nostalgia.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I agree with OP.

If you don't understood what he is saying, you probably isnt reading others opinions...

The main issue is system within a system within a system....

Yeah, it sucks. Game director need to change. Let it be someone who love and defend the game.

"When is Blizzard going to stop making Legion over and over again and instead keep the last expansion's systems without adding new ones?"

I'm not sure what you expect from them

You can play SL and just PvP all day and be content and never touch a world quest.
    Now change it from PVP to "Raid". Is your statement still true?

Sounds like you need to play Warcraft III: Reforged
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Covenant Gear is not even close to being like Artifact or Azerite gear. In fact, you out-gear Covenant gear really fast. Actually, the moment you start raiding is the moment you start replacing the covenant gear... if not before that.

And you don't have to grind for Anima at all. Unlike Artifact and Azerite power, Anima is not linked to player power progression. It's all side activities for cosmetic rewards.

As opposed to.... what? Dailies "that are very time consuming and just boring AF"?

I don't want Legion 4.0 anymore, I want a fresh take on WoW, new blood to take on the reigns.
    Such as what? You just keep demanding, but you never said what exactly you're demanding.

It's easy to say "I want something new!" and just leave it at that. In fact, most people who say that actually mean "make the game how I like it, not how anyone else likes it!" And on top of that? Just because it's something "new" or a "fresh new take" it doesn't mean it's necessarily better than the previous systems you complained so much.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... Covenant Gear is not even close to being like Artifact or Azerite gear. In fact, you out-gear Covenant gear really fast. Actually, the moment you start raiding is the moment you start replacing the covenant gear... if not before that.

And you don't have to grind for Anima at all. Unlike Artifact and Azerite power, Anima is not linked to player power progression. It's all side activities for cosmetic rewards.

As opposed to.... what? Dailies "that are very time consuming and just boring AF"?

Such as what? You just keep demanding, but you never said what exactly you're demanding.

It's easy to say "I want something new!" and just leave it at that. In fact, most people who say that actually mean "make the game how I like it, not how anyone else likes it!" And on top of that? Just because it's something "new" or a "fresh new take" it doesn't mean it's necessarily better than the previous systems you complained so much.
    What is worse is he says he wants something new, but yet complains about them adding new systems. So which is it, do you want new systems or not? Is your idea of a "fresh take" to go back to how things used to be?

Within the same post you ask them to make new systems and not make new systems. Besides, by now it should be clear that they aren't looking to do overhauls of the game if it's not failing. WoW needed something to completely revitalize it and Legion was created to do that, it succeeded. Since then, according to their reports, WoW has been doing quite well, no cardinal life saving expansion needed. Maximize profit with minimal investment, didn't Blizzard make their policies very clear with their cutting the costs restructuring a while ago?

This is such a ridiculous claim.

Players saying anima is only for cosmetics/mounts are probably not playing the game.

In order to unlock soulbinds and conduits, you need to raise up renown. In order to you raise your renown, you need to farm 1K anima/week.

Your player power (soulbinds/conduits) are directly behind anima farming.

For players saying you don't need to farm anima at all if you don't care about soulbinds and conduits, because even if you are behind, you will catch up fast later.

In that logic, you didn't need to farm AP in Legion/BFA either, if you don't care about your weapon/HoA rank. And there were AP knowledge that increase every week, you will catch up fast anyway.

anima/renown is exactly the same thing as artifact power/azerite power, 100%, just with different names.

Anima provides mostly worthless small bonuses and cosmetics. AP was the lifeblood of player power, it's completely different. Lots of systems sure and that's meh but Legion felt a lot different to Shadowlands. Legion even with its flaws was the best expansion since TBC/Wrath era. While through those flaws Legion did cause me to burn out and lose interest, the time I did spend with it was quality and some of the content was amazing.

What do we go back to? WOD or MOP? Because MOP started off with "how about you grind all these reps to exalted by doing dailies for 150000 factions so you can buy the item slots that don't drop on mogushan vaults" and then MOP had some nice additions/improvements but then the final patch lasted about 90 years before WOD, which still had content cut out from every corner like it had been rushed out the door half baked. Prior to MOP we had Cata which was a raid or die expansion where people just sat around in Orgrimmar scratching their balls.

They were on to a winner with Legion if they could iron out the flaws, it's not surprising they are trying to recapture it, they just have really poor aim.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

In order to unlock soulbinds and conduits, you need to raise up renown. In order to you raise your renown, you need to farm 1K anima/week.
    Whoa 1k anima, you can get 1k anima by literally doing nothing. I got it from raiding this week without even killing the world boss which in the space of 45 seconds provides you with 250 anima. So what happens if you don't collect the 1000 anima? Next week the game gives you that Renown as catchup anyway and you still keep the progress on the quest from the week before.

So you still don't fall behind, and it's an extremely easy bar to meet to begin with.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-02-28 at 02:53 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Whoa 1k anima, you can get 1k anima by literally doing nothing. I got it from raiding this week without even killing the world boss which in the space of 45 seconds provides you with 250 anima. So what happens if you don't collect the 1000 anima? Next week the game gives you that Renown as catchup anyway and you still keep the progress on the quest from the week before.

So you still don't fall behind, and it's an extremely easy bar to meet to begin with.
    Yes, 1K anima is still anima farming.

And Yes, it is same as AP in Legion/BFA, very easy to catch up.