Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I dont get it - about Arthas and Sylvanas.

Just a post based on that whole forum topic and that comment in particular.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...isnt/886663/13

To clarify - I am not defending Arthas or those who want him to "come back and finish off Sylvanas" since thats kinda freaky indeed but i also want to point out that people who constantly accuse others of being "creepy and freaks IRL" for that also:

1) Usually okay with sylvanas getting a redemption or dont see anything wrong with her actions to begin with, justifying genocide and basically taking "there is no such thing as a war crime and everything goes in war" stance, but apparently not okay with what Arthas did to Sylvanas and High Elves in general. Since thats "literally rape".

P.S. He was AT WAR with Quel'Thalas so BY THEIR LOGIC "its not a crime" so it should not be looked down upon and yet they often trot it out as some kind of inconceivable horror.

2) Always rile up when you say that they are weird or creepy for wanting genocide to be justified (or even rewarded and celebrated) and insinuate that they also justify war crimes irl. Yeah, maybe (most likely) they dont but i also doubt that those people who want Arthas to beat on Sylvanas are actually rape and abuse justifiers.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what?

I mean, what?
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Wait, what?

I mean, what?
    Barely bringing up a comment from forums and i saw a lot of that stuff circulating in threads about Arthas/Sylvanas and "who should slap her cheeks i that ever happens". The moment people bring in Arthas as "one who should kill her" it turns into "you justify rape and abuse" fiesta.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Barely bringing up a comment from forums and i saw a lot of that stuff circulating in threads about Arthas/Sylvanas and "who should slap her cheeks i that ever happens". The moment people bring in Arthas as "one who should kill her" it turns into "you justify rape and abuse" fiesta.
    I think I understand what you’re string to get at.

So you say it’s basically taboo to Sylvanas fans to bring up Arthas as the one to kill off Sylvanas.

And if it is done it creates a giant shit storm.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I think I understand what you’re string to get at.

So you say it’s basically taboo to Sylvanas fans to bring up Arthas as the one to kill off Sylvanas.

And if it is done it creates a giant shit storm.
    Well, yes. And not just her fans, but how people react to bringing him up in context of opposing Sylvanas. And i exlained why that logic is flawed IF they also try and justify her actions or at least put them in a "grey" area.

It would be problematic for Blizzard to take the story such that Arthas 'finished Sylvanas off'. That is big no bueno, Sylvanas' character has always revolved around her grappling with and overcoming a major trauma so to write the story such that the traumatizer wins, would be really fucked up. It's a T rated game, doubt Blizzard is remotely interested in coming within a mile of botching the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It would be problematic for Blizzard to take the story such that Arthas 'finished Sylvanas off'. That is big no bueno, Sylvanas' character has always revolved around her grappling with and overcoming a major trauma so to write the story such that the traumatizer wins, would be really fucked up. It's a T rated game, doubt Blizzard is remotely interested in coming within a mile of botching the issue.
    And she traumatized entire race by genociding them, sending their souls to the Maw where they were "abused" by a handsome squidward and his servants. Those people she killed were also enslaved, forced to serve and even broken and reforged into weapons or armor to be used to slay more of their kin and torture more souls for all eternity.

So why that is not "too much for T rated game" but Arthas is?

Both should be punished imho.

She is working with the guy that created the Lich King. She is also working with Kel'thuzad the guy that helped destroy her homeland/sunwell and all the humans in Lordaeron. Her character got the Garrosh treatment over the years while some things stayed consistent she pretty much did a 180 after Legion. If anything her current character would just work with Arthas if he came back as a servant of the Jailer.

it'd be like giving an abusive parent a "redemption arc" by having them kill the kid that they fucked up. arthas killing sylvanas makes no sense at all lol.

and the reason arthas is more popular, or at least has less haters, is because blizzard's shitty writers didn't run his story into the ground.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2021-02-28 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    it'd be like giving an abusive parent a redemption arc by killing the kid they fucked up. arthas killing sylvanas makes no sense at all lol.
    As i said - it dosent make sense.

But does it make more sense to justify and redeem sylvanas and make her "a hero"? Reward her for her actions? If that dosent inflame your sense of morality and not fucked up then neither shall Arthas be a problem.

As i said - it dosent make sense.

But does it make more sense to justify and redeem sylvanas and make her "a hero"? Reward her for her actions? If that dosent inflame your sense of morality and not fucked up then neither shall Arthas be a problem.
    i think they're clearly both assholes

i think they're clearly both assholes
    As do i. But some people seem to bristle up at one and yet justify another while they are roughly the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is working with the guy behind Arthas so lmao
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

As do i. But some people seem to bristle up at one and yet justify another while they are roughly the same.
    i enjoy sylvanas as a character and i prefer when the horde are more villainous but i don't see how you can reasonably see the burning of teldrassil as anything but evil. people that try and paint are as good or whatever at this point are just dumb i guess. the biggest culprit here is shoddy writing though. it really is all over the place, like what the fuck.

Dear god, you're really trying to bring that SJW crap into WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    She is working with the guy that created the Lich King. She is also working with Kel'thuzad the guy that helped destroy her homeland/sunwell and all the humans in Lordaeron. Her character got the Garrosh treatment over the years while some things stayed consistent she pretty much did a 180 after Legion. If anything her current character would just work with Arthas if he came back as a servant of the Jailer.
    Sylvanas did not do a 180. She has been the same character since WC3:TFT. She has always been self serving, manipulative and a moralizing hypocrite. Go back and play the Sylvanas missions in TFT UD campaign and actually pay attention to her dialogue and tell me she's changed one bit.

Anytime Sylvanas has appeared to act in a way that wasn't purely self serving was just her putting on an act because she enjoys acting morally superior. Sylvanas is by far the most consistently written character in the Warcraft franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Dear god, you're really trying to bring that SJW crap into WoW?
    what are you 12? lol

I for one want Arthas to kill her off, to finish what he started, the thoughts put forward by sylvanas fans are a literal mess to try and comprehend.

what are you 12? lol
    I'm not the one accusing Arthas of rape

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I'm not the one accusing Arthas of rape
    And if you pay attention - neither am i accusing him. The original poster does.