What are the most important things u learned for Arena (your class and comp)

Skillz you learned, stuff you improved on
    Secrets, tips etc for your class and arena comp.

Made the thread because im curious to see what are the things other classes "learn" compared to me (sub rogue)

For me, as a sub rogue:

1) Cross CC done right
    The ability to stun everyone on the enemy team.
    How to do it right?
    Kidney the healer and IMMEDIATELY stun the other targets as fast as possible.
    Do not waste global cooldowns on damaging abilities before you stun everyone!!!! (i used to do this (>_<) sounds dumb? yes i know)
    You can still get countered if the enemy has fast reactions and insane awareness
    BUT
    The objective is to burst one target down without any chance of counterplay

I used to kidney the healer and start shadowstriking the kill target instead of INSTANTLY stunning him
    The result of this stupidity is giving the chance to our opponents to use defensives.
    Fear, Disarm, stun, leap etc

Dont give them any chance to counterplay

2) Do not leave gaps on your stun locks and Chain CC's
    If you think is "ok" to chain CC the healer with small gaps...im here to tell you that a 1 second gap on the cc chains is the entire arena and all your work GONE. IN THE GARBAGE! Zero! Nada! Very bad.

-----

What about you guys?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-03-03 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1)the most important resource to win arena is time, you need hundreds of hours total to find good mates, thousands of hours to learn your spec, and you start the learning process almost from scratch if you break or if you start during another expansion
    that's why people think arena is so hard, they don't realize the time required to reach glad+ level, and that's only talking about those who have the skill to, some don't sadly even with hard work, but you can always reach a decent level
    play, play, play more, that's the most important tip, no shortcut or other "tips"

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    1)the most important resource to win arena is time, you need hundreds of hours total to find good mates, thousands of hours to learn your spec, and you start the learning process almost from scratch if you break or if you start during another expansion
    that's why people think arena is so hard, they don't realize the time required to reach glad+ level, and that's only talking about those who have the skill to, some don't sadly even with hard work, but you can always reach a decent level
    play, play, play more, that's the most important tip, no shortcut or other "tips"
    I find "studying" the matches (recording), sharing ideas with my team and sharing our knowledge with one another to be the fastest way to improve
    Play play play only improves your mechanical skill...awareness...reactions.
    Which are important sure but...i find the other stuff more important :S

Communicating trinkets and survivals for when i leave my pillar to cc enemy healer

Play a FOTM pvp class or nothing.

Positioning is massive. Once your learn your class to the point where you aren't always looking at your abilities you can look up and see where everyone is, react accordingly, and possibly set up a kill or preemptively save your life.

I learnt that I am hopeless at pvp, so its random bgs for me from time to time.

Don't overlap cooldowns, start kiting when you healer is getting hit with a cc chain and avoiding dmg.

I mean quite frankly I'd rather duel or BG over Arena any day of the week. I had friends who dragged me along to Arena long ago, but in that time all it taught me was how salty one of them got in Arena (very, absurd levels of toxicity) which completely turned me off the mode forever. With the other friends in Arena, it was mostly just playing follow the leader - they would make a call, then the rest would just follow up. I mean, if I had to say what I learned most recently out of Arena it was probably that jukes and interrupting is a lot more important than I gave it credit for a long time ago. But arguably people were worse then, and it didn't matter as much.

Nowadays it seems people getting locked down with a burned trinket is what makes games, as people explode pretty rapidly now. I've never been good at Arena and I've never had any incentive to keep playing like I have dueling in front of Org. I feel a lot more motivated to learn and get better in 1v1s. In 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5, it just feels like there's a lot less agency you personally have where what you're doing actually matters. A bad teammate can always drag you down, and you can always drag down a good teammate - kinda feels like someone on some team is always going to be the weak link and so there's a lot less opportunity for a fair fight is what it always feels like. I feel like what I've always wanted out of Arena is just a 1v1 mode, and I wouldn't even care if it were balanced or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    * not using voice communication until a certain treshold ( which is 1.6k for eu and 1.8k for na, not sure about other regions ) it just creates unnecessary confusion. you either win or lose in the first minute like %90 of the time anyway. just call the kill target and be done with it.

* learn your class. in and out. it should be the first one actually. no explanation needed.

* learn other classes' major cooldowns.

* learn other classes' cooldowns and rotations.

* play the game. like, a lot. attack on mobs, attack on target dummies, attack on other players... push your buttons. only way you can go is up, to a certain point. as far as i know, you can't forget how to play the game if you don't get a break from the game for an excessive amount of time. just do skirmishes. helps beyond measure.

* do not get disheartened. you will lose a lot of games. like A LOT. you will eventually start to win 1 and lose 1, which equals to rating gain in the long run. i wanted to gouge my own eyes at some point but now i reached my first goal, which is 1.4k on both 2v2 and 3v3. working on 1.6k atm.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2021-03-09 at 08:41 PM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.