Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The hex was pulling part of itself back in because it had a defined boundary. The same magic that made “Vision” also made the hex, and much like Agatha’s basement, it had boundaries. He left the boundary and the hex boundary was doing what it was designed to do by keeping that magic in the boundary. As he was being ripped to pieces they exploded on the boundary and were reabsorbed. There was no indication he would have survived had Wanda not expanded to boundary to stop him from being ripped apart. Crossing back through the boundary repaired Vision and then we got to where we are.
    Well then, I think we are all fundamentally on the same page. I think it's clear to everyone that Vision would have "died" again (three times lucky) out there if Wanda had not expanded the hex.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Either way it looks like you’re right, he never stops being de-digitized until the barrier passes back over him.
    Watch the scene of him being created, then go back and watch the scene of him being ripped apart.

He's not being "de-digitized." He's literally being ripped apart. Component pieces are being ripped from his physical body. In one spot you can clear seeing a panel casing being torn off wholesale. It's not even remotely similar to how he was created by Wanda.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see pieces being ripped off and absorbed by the hex. I didn’t see him reconstituted on the other side until the boundary expanded to where he was.Gonna check what color is ripping him apart. Yep, red magic and the pieces are destroyed and absorbed by the barrier of the hex. No indication he was being pulled in, he was being ripped apart.
    Semantics. Being pulled back into the hex is no different the being pulled and absorbed by the hex. There is no color to the whatever is ripping Vision apart so I doubt you actually checked. The only colors reflect what part of his body is being turned int bits and streams. The yellow I mentioned is from parts of him that sort of disintegrate. It is heard to get a good screenshot since his scenes are brief but I think the one I linked to provides a good enough example with no red. Just yellow/orange from him burning up. The other colors are his flesh/part colors. Grey, red, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/2fmUgaC
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I wonder, once he passed out, why he didn’t get sucked back in. And iirc, we didn’t see anymore pieces being ripped off of him after that, right?
    They show him entering the barrier and he is still being disintegrated.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think we’re all putting too much thought into it, tbh. I think the point of the scene was to show that Vision can’t survive outside the Hex.
    Your posts are like coming across a flowing fountain in the middle of a haunted forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    The magic being reabsorbed vs him being pulled in: the first implies destruction, the second does not.
    It is a semantics issue. In order to absorb him it first has to pull him into the outside wall of the hex. In all scenarios he was crumbling to pieces and being pulled back into the Hex. Either way he was being killed. There isn't enough to say what was happening to his energy when it hit the hex. Just like we can't say if it was a bad actor causing him to disintegrate or if it was simply being outside of the Hex.

Since he seems more like a Soul and what we know of from the final scene of episode 8 I would guess he needs a host to survive. But since it was also revealed that Agnes/Agatha was manipulating stuff it is also possible she was doing it so Vision wouldn't ruin her plans. Her presence where Vision was could be a red herring. But since we know she was herself she didn't "take a wrong turn".

Would be crazy if the silver vision is actually now Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Would be crazy if the silver vision is actually now Ultron.
    That's my worry. I don't think it is but without whatever humanized vision what we have left is essentially Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post

And then there's Larson. Like, maybe it's just me, but while I've heard her name before once or twice... I'm not sure she's been considered as a household name before. Like, yea, she's had some movies under her belt, but it's not like she was carrying those all by herself - totally different league compared to Blunt, but then again maybe not that different from Krasinski (although I can remember him from actually solid movies instead of only remembering Larson from noname roles in stuff like 21 Jump Street or random Amy Schumer movies).
    I know it's a bit later to reply... but as far as I know... Brie already had an oscar for her role in "Room". And man... all respect for her because of that role.

For later...
    I only read (and skipped) ppl talking nonsense...
    Keep talking about the show...

Here (next week, lolz) comes the last episode...

Will all answers gonna be answered?
    All easters eggs that could be made, will be made?

What will happens after?

Wanda's Vision will incarnate on his old body?
    Agness will be one-time villain? (she is villain guys... we only need to know her reasons)
    Last edited by stormrage666; 2021-02-28 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That's my worry. I don't think it is but without whatever humanized vision what we have left is essentially Ultron.
    AoU is one of their worst and forgettable movies (imo). I hope they don't bring him back.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'd be totally fine with Ultron coming back, he is one of the better Marvel villains though most of that credit goes to Spader's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Maybe not to the same degree, but let's recall that before he was in Iron Man, after his recovery, he was in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Zodiac, both strong movies with solid critical reviews, and Tropic Thunder, which not only did really well but got memed beyond belief. And got Downey a nomination for an Academy Award.

His career was not remotely "dead" at the time he took on Iron Man.
    It wasn't "dead" but there was still a lot of trepidation involved in hiring an actor with such a prominent history of drug and alcohol abuse.

No one ever doubted that RDJ was a talented actor. They only doubted that he could stay sober long enough to kick off a Cinematic Universe.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    AoU is one of their worst and forgettable movies (imo). I hope they don't bring him back.
    Well the issue with the movie isn't really Ultron itself (Spader performance was great). Plus once every episode of Wandavision ends with suggesting you watch AoU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It wasn't "dead" but there was still a lot of trepidation involved in hiring an actor with such a prominent history of drug and alcohol abuse.

No one ever doubted that RDJ was a talented actor. They only doubted that he could stay sober long enough to kick off a Cinematic Universe.
    The only time he had issues getting insured for project completion was with his first film out of rehab, The Singing Detective. By the time we got to the films I mentioned, that was already in the past and not affecting his career prospects.

The idea that Robert Downey Jr was having career struggles before landing Iron Man is just . . . completely, deeply incorrect. It isn't based on anything. It's definitely the role that made him a crap-ton of money over the years, but he only got the role because he'd proven himself post-recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post

Dunno, I think money could very well be a thing that makes them hesitate in this case.
    Money is not something Disney needs to concern themselves with...especially not when it comes to Marvel movies.

The MCU's take on the Fantastic Four, whenever they decide to release it, is a guaranteed billion+ box office. And John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are fairly well known...but Disney could pay them both more than they have ever received to be in a movie and that would still be less than what they were paying for RDJ's last few times on screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money is not something Disney needs to concern themselves with...especially not when it comes to Marvel movies.

The MCU's take on the Fantastic Four, whenever they decide to release it, is a guaranteed billion+ box office. And John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are fairly well known...but Disney could pay them both more than they have ever received to be in a movie and that would still be less than what they were paying for RDJ's last few times on screen.
    I think the only way a new 4 movie does good is if they are introduced in another movie first like Spider Man. It's a cursed movie IP at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well the issue with the movie isn't really Ultron itself (Spader performance was great). Plus once every episode of Wandavision ends with suggesting you watch AoU.
    That is true. My issue with the movie isn't the villain itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only time he had issues getting insured for project completion was with his first film out of rehab, The Singing Detective. By the time we got to the films I mentioned, that was already in the past and not affecting his career prospects.

The idea that Robert Downey Jr was having career struggles before landing Iron Man is just . . . completely, deeply incorrect. It isn't based on anything. It's definitely the role that made him a crap-ton of money over the years, but he only got the role because he'd proven himself post-recovery.
    No, he only got the role in singing detective because Mel Gibson personally paid to underwrite his insurance...before that, he was uninsurable.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...jr-as-iron-man

Though Iron Man made it seem as if Tony Stark was the role Downey was born to play, Marvel actively rooted against casting him. Years of bad publicity and multiple arrests related to drug and alcohol abuse and excessive partying made the Oscar-nominated actor a risk for the studio. (Downey lost roles in Wild Things and Woody Allen's Melinda and Melinda due to insurance issues, and was fired from Ally McBeal following a 2001 arrest.) But Jon Favreau, who directed Iron Man and Iron Man 2, knew that Downey was the right actor for the job.
    https://www.thethings.com/heres-why-...-play-ironman/
    Marvel was extremely against Downey due to his troubled past with substance abuse and a series of arrests. As his career continued to grow with roles in Natural Born Killers (1994) and Restoration (1995), those roles that gave him public fame and success were overshadowed by his private struggles. Years of bad publicity began to follow the great actor and as his reputation began to worsen, so too did the prospects of landing other big roles.
    He would have stayed an Indy film darling... but he would never have been a Big Box Office Star without Iron Man. And Marvel took a lot of convincing to give him that shot.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the only way a new 4 movie does good is if they are introduced in another movie first like Spider Man. It's a cursed movie IP at this point.
    I disagree. People have been aching to see the FF done right. The MCU can do that.

Though i do imagine they'll be introduced in another movie first. That's been the strategy since Black Widow popped up in Iron Man 2.

10+ Year Old Account

I disagree. People have been aching to see the FF done right. The MCU can do that.

Though i do imagine they'll be introduced in another movie first. That's been the strategy since Black Widow popped up in Iron Man 2.
    If Capt and Killmonger aren't in a MCU FF movie I'm going to said at the missed opportunity for memes.

If Capt and Killmonger aren't in a MCU FF movie I'm going to said at the missed opportunity for memes.
    Honestly I could see them doing some kind of crossover in one of the shorts (Something in the length of all hail the king) . But not a main movie. 10 minute joke thing with Cap, killmonger and 3 Johnny storms of the multuverse messing about.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he only got the role in singing detective because Mel Gibson personally paid to underwrite his insurance...before that, he was uninsurable.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...jr-as-iron-man
    Like . . . that's literally what I was referring to.

https://www.thethings.com/heres-why-...-play-ironman/

He would have stayed an Indy film darling... but he would never have been a Big Box Office Star without Iron Man. And Marvel took a lot of convincing to give him that shot.
    Tropic Thunder was not an "indie film darling". Nor was Zodiac.