Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    People do realize the level cap in BC is 70, right?

58 is not 68.
    Theyre just confused and dont realized that the boost is for BC servers ONLY.

Also, apparently theyre upset that the AH wont have any of the enchanting mats gained from 1-58 from the players who boost. Even though bots are working around the clock to fill the AH to the rim with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    The entire point of the boost is so that people who did NOT want to play classic, but DO want to play bc can still play and not be weeks behind their friends.

I am the perfect example of this. I played vanilla. The entirety of it. When it was released. I had no nostalgia for it. It wasnt that great then and its not now either.
    However, i do have ALOT of nostalgia for BC. I certainly DO want to play it. However, i dont want to play classic to play BC.

This is actually a good thing. People who otherwise would not have played because they dont want to grind 1-60 will now play BC which will mean higher population. Hopefully it will offset the amount of people who dont want to play BC and wish to remain on classic.
    I'm fine either way, I'm not playing it at al. I just think some people are raging over no big deal, but then again, this is a WoW forum.

There are plenty of bots putting all of those mats and items into the economy for you. You dont need to leech off of players to get those. lol
    Very good point. Honestly I think if that's Blizzard's goal, they should even add bots themselves, as official NPCs that participate to the economy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Very good point. Honestly I think if that's Blizzard's goal, they should even add bots themselves, as official NPCs that participate to the economy.
    might as well. It would get rid of the actual bots that are profiting IRL money off of their game. lol

again, how does someone boosting to level 58 hurt YOU?

If anyone is a snowflake here, its you bud. Crying because someone can boost to level 58 in BC ONCE per account.

I dont need shop mounts. Ill be leagues ahead of you at the end of BC arena season 1 with my 310 swift nether drake that I got fooo freeee.
    HAHAHA Sure you will kid sure you will. You're also banking on bots so you can collect mats easier! Ok buddy, hope for bots, get your level 58 boost and get your gladiator. Genuine IQ of a tomato.
    Last edited by Flexs; 2021-02-26 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    This is just catch up mechanic nothin else. Sounds good to me :P
    The fact that that lot of people that prefer the older iterations of the game are usually not the biggest fan of catchups mechanics, makes this statement rather odd.

"You know those mechanics which we've introduced into game that you don't like? Well, we also introduce them into our recreation of the versions you enjoy, because money!".

Seeing the community side with Blizzard on this is really upsetting. I just wanted TBC as it was. At least give us a few servers where this isn't allowed.

this is sweet. i had no interest in vanilla, so getting to bc and wotlk quicker is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Seeing the community side with Blizzard on this is really upsetting. I just wanted TBC as it was. At least give us a few servers where this isn't allowed.
    It’s kind of shocking isn’t it? I’m just astounded that the narrative went from nochanges zero exceptions to lol pay2win (inb4 AHURRDUUUR ITSNOTP2W LEARN UR DEFINITIONFSZZZ UNNNNGFF HURRRDUUUUR IMMMAFUCKIIINNREEETARRRDDD HAILCIEPORAAATTTTEE IM SOOOOLAAAAZYYYY I JUSTTWANNAPLAYTBCCCCC HURRRDUUUUUURRRR) boost YAY THX BLIZZZZZZZZ LUVVVUGUIZZZEEE GOOOD COMPANNIIEEYYYYYY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The fact that that lot of people that prefer the older iterations of the game are usually not the biggest fan of catchups mechanics, makes this statement rather odd.

"You know those mechanics which we've introduced into game that you don't like? Well, we also introduce them into our recreation of the versions you enjoy, because money!".
    U know the boost is only working on tbc servers one character per account. Its just for start to play tbc instantly. Ofc its just an option. No one force anyone to take it.

Ofc its just an option. No one force anyone to take it.
    ...like virtually any catchup mechanic.
    ...like LFD.
    ...like LFR.

Should i go on?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...like virtually any catchup mechanic.
    ...like LFD.
    ...like LFR.

Should i go on?
    Does boost affects on game it self and behavior in game community and immersion? Not really it just drops u in current state of the game. Does lfr lfd? Yes.

Does boost affects on game it self and behavior in game community and immersion?
    Considering that a lot less people will be leveling, it affects the game, which in turn fucks over the people that want to level the old fashioned way, because being the only person in a zone with a bunch of Elite quests isn't exactly a joyful experience.

Classic leveling isn't leveling like on Retail, it's not designed to be a solo experience.

Considering that a lot less people will be leveling, it affects the game, which in turn fucks over the people that want to level the old fashioned way, because being the only person in a zone with a bunch of Elite quests isn't exactly a joyful experience.

Classic leveling isn't leveling like on Retail, it's not designed to be a solo experience.
    what dont you understand in : ONCE per account and NOT APPLICCABLE for BLOOD ELVES and DRAENEI ?
    Leveling in 1-60 zones is boring and absolutely not needed for TBC content

Are people really still btchin' about the paid boost omg ? It doenst affect you, PERIOD.

I've leveled at least 6 lvl 1-60 in the original classic-BC era (and then 3-4 to lvl 70), even at that time, leveling was just leveling and not an achievement at all. I was level max after two days, the "rush mentality" was ALREADY there in TBC, and the first 70 leveled with a kind of exploit and a lot of aoe mages working for him...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-02-28 at 02:07 PM.

Ppl in this thread complaining don't even have level 60s or play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    what dont you understand in : ONCE per account and NOT APPLICCABLE for BLOOD ELVES and DRAENEI ?
    What gave you the idea that i'm unaware of those restrictions?

It's not like everybody will be playing Draenei or Blood elf.
    Are people really still btchin' about the paid boost omg ? It doenst affect you, PERIOD.
    You know, the issue simply snapshotting a post is that you don't get the full picture.

The person i quoted said "It's just catchup, lol", i pointed out that to a lot of people that prefer the older iterations were superior because they, in fact, had no catchup.

What gave you the idea that i'm unaware of those restrictions?

It's not like everybody will be playing Draenei or Blood elf.

You know, the issue simply snapshotting a post is that you don't get the full picture.

The person i quoted said "It's just catchup, lol", i pointed out that to a lot of people that prefer the older iterations were superior because they, in fact, had no catchup.
    I just point out that there will be few "boosted" characters because it's limited. And your outrage is kinda childish. Without boosts, people like me who just dont want to level up again in pre cataclysm vanilla wouldn't even think of playing BC classic at all.

And if I had to, I would have probably asked a mage friend to boost me
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-02-28 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Im sure its not gonna be an issue. A lot of ppl will lvlup normal way new races. On my discord channels ppl are starting to prepare groups for lvling in prepatch. If boost will be free of charge that could be an issue but its not.

And your outrage is kinda childish. Without boosts, people like me who just dont want to level up again in pre cataclysm vanilla wouldn't even think of playing BC classic at all.
    What outrage?

Are you sure you aren't just projecting your outrage on me because boosts are, by your own admission, the only way you'd be playing TBC?
    I'm pointing out that:
    1.Catchups mechanics on that level go against the spirit of the original game, especially when we look at how long Blizzard actually withheld leveling boosts in the modern game and rather improved the leveling experience.
    2.They further diminish the leveling experience because you have even less people participating in the leveling process.

Those are facts, you can me paint as the one who is "outraged" all you like, but it's just not true, i've earlier stated in this thread that while i'm against boosting, i don't don't have a strong opinion on the matter.
    It really seems more that the people in favor of the boost have a serious problem when 1. & 2. are brought up.
    Im sure its not gonna be an issue.
    I think it will be, the game thrives on having more people around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    This is not p2w. IT's one boost per account and you still have to level to max. People really need to learn what p2w actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Looks to me like private servers died after official ones. So did people like it because they were free? Or why did private servers die? Since official ones do cost money.
    How do you know it's a minority who would like fresh realms? There's so many games with seasons and fresh realms are like seasons. Rip Classic Era realms too...

Why do you think both isn't an answer? You could be happy for others too. You won't lose anything with fresh realms but still don't want others to be happy?
    We'd have fresh realms and old realms. Why is it Blizzard finally listening if their answer isn't even that good?
    Their answer is perfectly fine. You just want them to cater to you and only you.