Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This is just the usual Christie Golden cringe. Nothing will come of it.
    I really hope so. But after the terrible fanfiction of BfA and what I have seen so far of SL, one can never know...

Btw, nice sig
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    After wod clusterfuck i think they will be far away from different timelines like this.

Next expansion i bet is either dragon related, a filler like bfa or the light invasion on azeroth by yrel with void plottwists

But, i would not mind going back in time to kill the old alliance leaders and ravage their homes, helping trolls and other natives, i bet player would like that alliance focus

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    the part that splits the playerbase as well as makes the devs make literally twice as many quests that we only see half of, and otherwise has no impact other than pvp that is only played by a small percentage of people?[
    just play both factions and you do twice as much content

otherwise you will just have one, you would be losing and the devs would be even more lazier doing even less quests.

or are you one of the "war in warcraft" people? i assure you, theres plenty of war to go on in warcraft where we arent killing each other for bullshit forced reasons that makes less than no sense. every faction/enemy we have fought has been a war against them.
    the war without war of factions is lame, "war against legion" was lame, war against the janitor is being as much lame

and there is no need to force reasons, there is plenty of reasons, that make sense in the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    That'd legit be the best thing that could happen to WoW. I don't know why people still cling so hard to the factions meme.
    Because some of us look at the horrific acts and know that they're not forgivable. No night elf would come back from the shadowlands and suddenly forgive the horde for the genocide of Teldrassil.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

We're not going to get an alternate Azeroth expansion any time soon. There's plenty of other storylines to follow without going down that road.

A return to Draenor expansion, though, I think is likely, possibly as early as 11.0. There's still the southern continent that we know very little about, Yrel and her Lightbound are, very clearly, being set up as a major threat, and Ogres and Arakkoa are obvious choices for new races.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

I do think she is a bad fit for WoW as writer who’s ruined the lore of WoW imho...

That said, this post and that tweet are absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's the good part about Warcraft. I don't know why people are looking for a peaceful and harmonious story in WoW.
    Sorry, there are too many dungeons and I won't be counting them, so let's go to major PvE content: raids. There are 40+ of them by now and only 2 (two) of them deal with A vs H. Now, please explain me, where the fuck you still get stupid and deluded idea that A vs H is ANYWHERE NEAR being even remotely important for keeping non-peaceful World of Warcraft where we have something to fight?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    the part that splits the playerbase as well as makes the devs make literally twice as many quests that we only see half of, and otherwise has no impact other than pvp that is only played by a small percentage of people?

or are you one of the "war in warcraft" people? i assure you, theres plenty of war to go on in warcraft where we arent killing each other for bullshit forced reasons that makes less than no sense. every faction/enemy we have fought has been a war against them.
    You're talking about gameplay.
    I'm talking about lore.
    Having other threats does not supplement the faction war, in any way.
    There are players that, actually, like that theme of Warcraft. Not everything has to peace and love just because in real-world, we strive for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    If anything i would guess a Cata style xpac next, updated/revamped old world areas and such. We seem to be somewhat repeating the Xpac cycle, we had Burning Crusade, later on Legion, all about demons and the Legion, then we had Wotlk, now we have undead and LK and all that again...

TBC, Wotlk, Cata
    Legion, Shadowlands, Cata 2.0
    That would be true if the next expansion is the Dragon Isles. Which, there are hints of.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    We're not going to get an alternate Azeroth expansion any time soon. There's plenty of other storylines to follow without going down that road.

A return to Draenor expansion, though, I think is likely, possibly as early as 11.0. There's still the southern continent that we know very little about, Yrel and her Lightbound are, very clearly, being set up as a major threat, and Ogres and Arakkoa are obvious choices for new races.
    Well, we haven't seen Zin-Azshari and Dire Maul in their full potential (moonlit depiction in the Chronicles). So, there is some chance.

I don't know if they're gonna devote an entire expansion to Draenor again. Ogre continent and Farahlon have yet to be seen and could come in a patch, or as a starting zone.

Arakkoa are not an obvious choice for a new race. Ogres, on the other hand, are. They were members of the various Horde variations, Stonemaul Ogres came along with the Mag'har from alternate Draenor and Kul Tiran skeletons could be used to make them playable.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Sorry, there are too many dungeons and I won't be counting them, so let's go to major PvE content: raids. There are 40+ of them by now and only 2 (two) of them deal with A vs H. Now, please explain me, where the fuck you still get stupid and deluded idea that A vs H is ANYWHERE NEAR being even remotely important for keeping non-peaceful World of Warcraft where we have something to fight?
    Because other threats are not a replacement to the faction war.
    They tick different emotions.
    Would you be satisfied if WoW only had one type of enemy to fight against? I bet you wouldn't. Because that's, basically, what you're saying. If we have something to fight against, it's good enough, and we don't need different variations of threats.
    You're, completely, ignoring the PvP aspect of WoW.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-02-28 at 02:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's literally infinite timelines. They opened that can of worms long ago. As long as it doesn't affect the current timeline like WoD did, I don't really care. Since its just "what if" stories.

Because other threats are not a replacement to the faction war.
    They tick different emotions.
    The only emotion faction war ever ticked in me is "WTF I'm doing this cringeshit if I was working with them in previous quest and will be working again right in next one?" I think I can live without this "precious" emotion.

Would you be satisfied if WoW only had one type of enemy to fight against? I bet you wouldn't.
    Ugh, you insist to continue this stupidity or outright lie?
    Tier 1 - Elemental Lord(s)
    Tier 2 - Dragonflight
    Tier 3 - Scourge
    + Trolls and Old Gods in lesser raids
    Tier 4 - Burning Legion / Outland Ogres / Illidan Forces (Fel Horde)
    Tier 5 - Illidan Forces / Burning Legion (Kael'Thas Splinter)

Does that look like ONE enemy to you?

You're, completely, ignoring the PvP aspect of WoW.
    What remote relation PvP has to factions? You ALREADY can fight both home and away faction in PvP. It is already in game right now. Duels - since Classic, world FFA - since Classic, arena - since appearance of arena mode in TBC. Battlegrounds - wargames in Cataclysm? (can't remember), merc mode in BfA. You don't need factions for PvP. And most people want cross-faction PvE, not complete removal anyway.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is almost as bad as the Danuser deranged crowd
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    The only emotion faction war ever ticked in me is "WTF I'm doing this cringeshit if I was working with them in previous quest and will be working again right in next one?" I think I can live without this "precious" emotion.

Ugh, you insist to continue this stupidity or outright lie?
    Tier 1 - Elemental Lord(s)
    Tier 2 - Dragonflight
    Tier 3 - Scourge
    + Trolls and Old Gods in lesser raids
    Tier 4 - Burning Legion / Outland Ogres / Illidan Forces (Fel Horde)
    Tier 5 - Illidan Forces / Burning Legion (Kael'Thas Splinter)

Does that look like ONE enemy to you?

What remote relation PvP has to factions? You ALREADY can fight both home and away faction in PvP. It is already in game right now. Duels - since Classic, world FFA - since Classic, arena - since appearance of arena mode in TBC. Battlegrounds - wargames in Cataclysm? (can't remember), merc mode in BfA. You don't need factions for PvP. And most people want cross-faction PvE, not complete removal anyway.
    I guess you're a special snowflake. Just because you work with the other faction to eliminate an otherwordly threat, doesn't mean we're good friends. For most players, it pumps their blood and enthuses them.

Infracted.

What the fuck are you talking about?
    I asked you about one type of enemy. How many times can you fight the Legion, for example, for all its different monsters before your get demon-fatigued? One expansion is, quite, enough. There is need for different enemies, like there's a need for a faction war - the foundation of this game, for christ sake.

You're talking about gameplay, which i'm not against. It's story-wise pacifism and compassion that i can't stand. I have no desire to see Horde and Alliance races skip happily, hand in hand, into the sunset. It will ruin the game, entirely.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-02-28 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Pretty sure the timeline they're talking about includes that, where they have a child and named him Uther.
    Jaina and Sylvannas do not have a child together in this timeline. Jaina and ARTHAS do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, some of you are so easy to trigger (talking about OP, just to be clear).

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-03-01 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...68976105844740

This honestly terrifies me. What if they run out of future content and we'll have a second WoD, but this time on Azeroth?
    This is just...

I'm just going to say my honest opinion about this. If you still don't realise that writers stuck on social media with their cult followers and interactions with said followers aren't ruining the lore of this game, than by all means continue sticking your head in the sand.
    Imagine over-reacting this much to a jokey what-if because infinite timeways means infinite possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Golden doesn’t lead the lore she just does stuff like books (and other fluff/cinematic’s) which is why she says she wants to write the book not lead the game to another alternate timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Golden posting some cringey wishful tweets is not an indication of anything.

My fucking god.
    It's an Overlordd thread. Check his post history and started threads - it's a fun read!
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Sounds like terrible fan fiction to me, which is troubling considering Blizzard seems to have her as their main writer now.
    Goldens not the main writer she doesn’t even work on the lore team she works on cinematic's short story’s books and other fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Jaina and Sylvannas do not have a child together in this timeline. Jaina and ARTHAS do.
    Idk why I read that as "Jaina and Arthas". I think I only read the Jaina part. Lol whoops
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

For most players
    [citation needed]. Where did you just pull that "most" from?

I asked you about one type of enemy. How many times can you fight the Legion, for example, for all its different monsters before your get demon-fatigued? One expansion is, quite, enough.
    Every expansion added new types. It is you who is too blind with obsession with single "A vs. H" type to notice it.

You're talking about gameplay, which i'm not against. It's story-wise pacifism and compassion that i can't stand. I have no desire to see Horde and Alliance races skip happily, hand in hand, into the sunset. It will ruin the game, entirely.
    So, War of Sands "ruined game completely" in Classic. Then TBC ruined it again with raiding content focused on Scryer/Ardor split instead A/H and even merging those together too for final tier. LK ruined game for third time with Wrathgate and Tournament. Cataclysm ruined game in Hyjal, Firelands, Thrall running around with everyone and united assault on DW with Alliance ship to boot. MoP ruined game in Orgrimmar. Legion ruined game by completely throwing A/H out of window again in favor of Orders (sans part of Stormheim), who too AGAIN got merged. Antorus double ruined it by loading every Hordie on LF Draenei ship. BfA - so called "A vs H expansion" keep its vs act in the first act and then ruined - I don't even need to explain how. SL doesn't even pretend that A vs. H matters at all - you get both factions NPC cast from the very start. And tons of side-stories throw "game ruining" mixed teams at you left and right.

Did you even played that "WoW" game even once? Because everything you say about it is completely different in, you know, real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...68976105844740

This honestly terrifies me. What if they run out of future content and we'll have a second WoD, but this time on Azeroth?
    This is just...

I'm just going to say my honest opinion about this. If you still don't realise that writers stuck on social media with their cult followers and interactions with said followers aren't ruining the lore of this game, than by all means continue sticking your head in the sand.
    Let me get this straight: Golden Posts something on twitter about an minor storyline in a book under a fanart regarding that. And everyone gets all riled up again because the evil Golden is destroying your headcanon that some of the people here spun themselves in the endless echochamber that are some of these threads?

Also Golden is not alone in charge of anything and i still think she is an amazing story teller. Just beacuse MMO-Champion instantly piles up against ANY character that is not horde or shows the slightes inclination towards peace between the faction, that gets ANY spotlight whatsover does not mean the majority of the playerbase does not like the story or likes it for that matter.

Also also: With that mindset blizzard can do whatever they want you will dislike it. When a simple tweet sends you into doomsaying end of wow threads no one can help you at that point. Get a grip.