Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    What about the people coming back only because of TBC, who didn't play during Vanilla Classic and couldn't give a toss about it, should they just slog through content they're indifferent to in order to play what they perceive to be the best time for WoW?

Give me a break.

"That's how it was back then!" I hear you say, missing entirely the point that it isn't and WILL NEVER BE exactly like then.
    The literal point of classic servers is to have the game as it was back then, genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    The literal point of classic servers is to have the game as it was back then, genius
    The game is as it was back then. You are aware that people didn't all start at level 1 when TBC came out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it will be, the game thrives on having more people around.
    And you think the game will have more people around without the boost? you genuinely think more people will play TBC if they have to lvl through the trash that classic is? delusional.

3+ Year Old Account
    People here doesnt really realise that this isn't for the average player. An average player won't pay 40-50eur for a boost. It's for those who rly rly can't afford the time to level and want to do some raiding in tbc: ppl who already work and have children etc. and for streamers, especially those who stream arenas. It would be super much off stream job to level a character and the community ofthose ppl maybe wouldnt enjoy if the streamer spend so much time just levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madscientist View Post
    Changes lead to more changes so that's what you get for praising changes. Just as all the normal people knew since classic beta and earlier. Even more bad changes from retail / retail style changes are coming. eventually.
    Which is why this entire classic exercise was fucking pointless at least from a design perspective. Current retail is a product of a history of iterative design. They keep iterating with classic as well so you'll just end up at retail again. Nostalgia sells though so from a market stand point they can sell it all over again without having to actually generate anything new. Nostalgia really is the plague over our age.

The best part is that even the things they added which in hindsight became issues for them (flying, arena) they'll just end up adding again.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-02-28 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    you genuinely think more people will play TBC if they have to lvl through the trash that classic is? delusional.
    I didn't claim that, i said that it results in a better leveling experience.

Of course, the increasing accessability is always fine and good but leads to the road that WoW went down, which a recreation of the older iterations should obviously avoid.

I didn't claim that, i said that it results in a better leveling experience.

Of course, the increasing accessability is always fine and good but leads to the road that WoW went down, which a recreation of the older iterations should obviously avoid.
    Blizz cant recreate what was in the past cause the community and the target audience changed, in the past when TBC launched a lot of people were just starting the game so some people think that leveling through 1-58 in classic is part of TBC experience, in fact its not, thats what they wanna believe in their little outdated mind, but nowadays most people will jump to tbc right away (by having a lvl 60 from classic) or the boost itself, since no matter what you and many think here, the people that genuinely want to lvl through 1-58 to be able to play TBC is a negligible minority that is best ignored, the moment wow started releasing expansions it was all about the endgame, deal with it already since blizz already did and knows it "Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58" by Kaivax, so out with your leveling crap.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-02-28 at 07:49 PM.

Blizz cant recreate what was in the past cause the community and the target audience changed
    It has little to do with how the community has changed, the original games had a different philosophy, any change should still honor this philosophy.
    The leveling boost doesn't. Period.

For me, a part of the charm was that the game that just didn't attempt to cater to the demand of every group, but sticked to a vision, you either dealt with that or were shit of luck.
    The attempt to get everyone into the game and design it around the needs of everybody has led to the state of the modern game, a state that i do not enjoy.
    thats what they wanna believe in their little outdated mind
    Ah, yes, the people that prefer the older iterations have a "little outdated mind", go on, please be more condescending.

Statements like these make all those accusations of being "outraged" even more ironic, because it further confirms to me that a lot of people that advocate for the boost cannot handle the fact that it absolutely goes against what the game originally stood for.
    the people that genuinely want to lvl through 1-58 to be able to play TBC is a negligible minority that is best ignored
    Without having access to any numbers, that statement is hollow.
    deal with it already since blizz already did and knows it "Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58" by Ion, so out with your leveling crap.
    It's probably the 3rd or 4th time i'm repeating this, but it's not really a huge topic for me, i'm against the boost, but i constantly get mired down into this debate by people that quite frankly seem very upset when i point out that the leveling boost goes against the spirit of the original game, something that a recreation should absolutely preserve.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-02-28 at 08:02 PM.

It's probably the 3rd or 4th time i'm repeating this, but it's not really a huge topic for me, i'm against the boost, but i constantly get mired down into this debate by people that quite frankly seem very upset when i point out that the leveling boost goes against the spirit of the original game, something that a recreation should absolutely preserve.
    You mean the spirit that you impose on the original game? cause blizzard clearly disagrees, for them TBC starts at 58, anything before that is irrelevant, and they wanna preserve TBC, not classic, its about time people like you stop pretending that the game should be like you think cause thats the spirit of the original game you invented on your mind, unless you wanna tell me that outside of classic purists some1 agrees with you? ill wait even tho blizz already disagrees.

You mean the spirit that you impose on the original game? cause blizzard clearly disagrees, for them TBC starts at 58
    Were there boosts back in 07?
    No.

Boosts didn't happen until 2014.
    The original spirit is what has in the game back then, not what Blizzard wants to implement now.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Imagine being so far up ones buttocks that it's unthinkable that some people may want to come back just for the BC experience and not give 2 shits about leveling a toon to 58 and wasting some time that could be better spent in Outland.

Toxic opinion is worthless.

No.

The original spirit is what has in the game back then, not what Blizzard wants to implement now.
    What part of different target audience you missed? the game back then was still getting new players in a considerable speed, so exploring the world made complete sense therefore the leveling was part of it, now? it isnt anymore, hence the outdated mindset you sadly have, the majority of people that are gonna be playing TBC are returning players that dont wanna touch classic or classic players moving to TBC with their lvl 60, what does these players have in common? you guessed right, they dont wanna level from 1-58 in classic since they wanna play TBC, 1-58 ISNT TBC, is this too hard to understand? can you be a little less entitled and understand that leveling through 1-58 is a trash experience for the people that already experienced it and just wanna play TBC? or is this too hard for you.

No.

Were there classic servers back in 07? No! Did some servers stay permanently WoW classic while some servers progressed to TBC classic back in 07? No!

This is a unique experience, separate from what wow was 2007. TBC classic is not the same as WoW classic, and one should not have to play WoW classic to experience TBC classic. They are two separate products, and separate servers, compared to 2007 where there was only one product (retail).

One boost per accounts, excluding new races, is a fair balance.

What part of different target audience you missed?
    It's the rerelease of the original game, it doesn't need to adapt to a different audience, the audience finds the game, not the other way around.
    In case you missed it, a lot of people dislike the modern game precisely because it started to target a different target audience.
    can you be a little less entitled and understand that leveling through 1-58 is a trash experience for the people that already experienced it and just wanna play TBC? or is this too hard for you.
    Adamantely defending the boost, saying it's the only way you'd be playing TBC is to boost a character and then call me entitled.

The only people that display entitlement are the people that advocate for the boost, because they believe have the privilege for a boost as they don't like Classic leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post
    Were there classic servers back in 07? No! Did some servers stay permanently WoW classic while some servers progressed to TBC classic back in 07? No!
    Considering it always was more of a technical limitation, i think that argument falls through.
    They are two separate products, and separate servers, compared to 2007 where there was only one product (retail).
    Considering people are able to bring their characters into TBC, calling them separate is just straight false, disregarding that boosts are a paid service, not the MO.

It's the rerelease of the original game, it doesn't need to adapt to a different audience, the audience finds the game, not the other way around.
    In case you missed it, a lot of people dislike the modern game precisely because it started to target a different target audience.

Adamantely defending the boost, saying it's the only way you'd be playing TBC is to boost a character and then call me entitled.

The only people that display entitlement are the people that advocate for the boost, because they believe have the privilege for a boost as they don't like Classic leveling.

Considering it always was more of a technical limitation, i think that argument falls through.

Considering people are able to bring their characters into TBC, calling them separate is just straight false, disregarding that boosts are a paid service, not the MO.
    It was not a "technical limitation". Please show me where Blizzard stated that they would love to keep servers expansion-free, if only they had the technology to do so. I guess you don't remember "you think you do but you don't"?

Yes, one can bring one's character over, but not back again. It is a way to keep the community going to next expansion. Howerver, there is no going back and forth as they are, as I said, different products.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    One per acc. What do you care? I literally skipped classic just because leveling experience is very bad for me. It's oriented to new players anyway.
    if you dont like leveling in the classic expansions, you shouldnt be playing them. its like playing mortal kombat but hating fighting games...
    so people want to play TBC classic to run old dungeons and raids and skip out on leveling? do they know they have retail for that? please go spam timewalking crap and leave the real game to the real players. you dont want the rpg, you just want the hamster wheel...
    Last edited by Djaye; 2021-02-28 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    if you dont like leveling in the classic expansions, you shouldnt be playing them. its like playing mortal kombat but hating fighting games...
    He didn't say he hated leveling in the TBC content, just WoW classic. Those are different things. TBC classic is aimed to recreate the experience of leveling and raiding in Outland. One paid boost per account is a fair balance to enable people to do this.

If you want a game where the only way to level is WoW classic, you got WoW classic for that.

It was not a "technical limitation". Please show me where Blizzard stated that they would love to keep servers expansion-free, if only they had the technology to do so. I guess you don't remember "you think you do but you don't"?
    Blizzard later explained, after they announced Classic, that there was also a massive technical hurdle in keeping two versions of the game running.

The entire reason why we Classic have is because they figured out to teach a Server that runs on the Legion client to imitate the 1.12 client, else they would have been forced to run two different clients on their servers, which would have been a huge pain for them.

Of course, their own ego played a role there, but it's not like there was a easy to maintain solution available back then.
    Yes, one can bring one's character over, but not back again. It is a way to keep the community going to next expansion. Howerver, there is no going back and forth as they are, as I said, different products.
    You are able to copy your character to a Classic server, so that's also not really true.

Blizzard later explained, after they announced Classic, that there was also a massive technical hurdle in keeping two versions of the game running.

The entire reason why we Classic have is because they figured out to teach a Server that runs on the Legion client to imitate the 1.12 client, else they would have been forced to run two different clients on their servers, which would have been a huge pain for them.

Of course, their own ego played a role there, but it's not like there was a easy to maintain solution available back then.

You are able to copy your character to a Classic server, so that's also not really true.
    The fact that there is a technical difficulty didn't mean they were prevented from doing it. That's just a lazy excuse. They had money and resources and could easily have run classic servers if they wanted to (but they didn't, and that's the real limitation).

Just because you're able to copy your character doesn't mean that what I said "is not really true". You can't go back and forth the different products with the same character. Once you copy your character it will ultimately be different to the one you choose to progress. They're not the same character, just the same name and same face/skin/hair etc. However, they will have different abilities, different talents, different gear, different inventory and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Imagine being so far up ones buttocks that it's unthinkable that some people may want to come back just for the BC experience and not give 2 shits about leveling a toon to 58 and wasting some time that could be better spent in Outland.

Toxic opinion is worthless.
    All of the no change crowd opinions are toxic and worthless