15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Imagine buying a pokemon game for the graphics lol
    But why shouldnt we want it to look good? And thats all they showed us for legends in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Imagine buying a pokemon game for the graphics lol
    The sole purpose of a remake is to enhance the graphics or enhance the gameplay. As far as I know they're not touching the gameplay at all, so all we can judge it on is the graphics...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They used a significantly different art style in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and everyone thought those games looked fine, so you're flat out wrong on this one. Using Sword and Shield character models instead of chibi sprites would not make the game different. It would still play the same.
    You realize from the very start I said "reworked the game to look like sword and shield", right?

That would include a completely different perspective of every zone to begin with. Strawmanning it down to just the player model isn't making your point and you can hardly call me completely wrong when you do that.

Which doesn't change that you also completely ignored my point of Demon Souls getting complaints despite how great it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Which doesn't change that you also completely ignored my point of Demon Souls getting complaints despite how great it looks.
    Demon's Souls is a classic example of people trying to find something to bitch about. There where people claiming the new Vanguard model was bad and "lost the art style" but little did these people even know Vanguard was a copy pasted throw away model from Enchanted Arms, not even something that was made for OG Demon's Souls. Gamers just want to be mad about something dude.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Demon's Souls is a classic example of people trying to find something to bitch about. There where people claiming the new Vanguard model was bad and "lost the art style" but little did these people even know Vanguard was a copy pasted throw away model from Enchanted Arms, not even something that was made for OG Demon's Souls. Gamers just want to be mad about something dude.
    That's the catch-22 of remakes. If you do change stuff people will bitch that you aren't faithful. If you don't change anything people will bitch that it's lazy.

So they said "okay how about we give you a faithful remake and a super changed prequel."

Also mark my words the game that sells better will be the blueprint for Gen 9.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You don't buy something that is obvious if you take the 2D overworld from the original games and place it next to these models? I mean that to me is almost as bad as saying "I don't buy the world is round." The art style was clearly chosen to look like the originals.
    what the heck of logic is that, the art is bad and look like a funko toy, that is not close to i remember the old style, at all

And it is an evolution of the graphics. The battle system still uses the Let's Go style when you are in combat. It is the overworld where they use the chibi plastic style.
    and the chibi art style look absolutely awful and it is a massive downgrade of old games, when they were supposed to be an improvement, since it is a remake

and since they wanted to be faithful why change the battle system? why be faithful just in the obnoxious artstyle?

Keep in mind, these games were not developed by Gamefreak, but rather a studio working under Gamefreak oversight. So these remakes are not like the prior who were all made by Gamefreak itself.
    thats why i am saying is half-asset, is a remake made by another studio, thats why will have this cheap and bad art, while gamefreak work on the arceus one.

- - - Updated - - -

That would include a completely different perspective of every zone to begin with.
    thats not what they did with every single remake?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what the heck of logic is that, the art is bad and look like a funko toy, that is not close to i remember the old style, at all

You have a pretty bad memory then.

and the chibi art style look absolutely awful and it is a massive downgrade of old games, when they were supposed to be an improvement, since it is a remake

and since they wanted to be faithful why change the battle system? why be faithful just in the obnoxious artstyle?
    In your opinion, you don't like it ... therefore it's crap. I actually like it. It isn't a downgrade to me. Your opinion is not a fact.

And what change in battle system? It is still turned based battles in that game, or at least from what we can tell.

The rumors are a new battle system is in the Legends game.

thats why i am saying is half-asset, is a remake made by another studio, thats why will have this cheap and bad art, while gamefreak work on the arceus one.
    It isn't cheap, it isn't bad. You just don't like it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

In your opinion, you don't like it ... therefore it's crap. I actually like it. It isn't a downgrade to me. Your opinion is not a fact.

And what change in battle system? It is still turned based battles in that game, or at least from what we can tell.

The rumors are a new battle system is in the Legends game.

I mean its not an upgrade the style is slightly different but you have to squint to see what is improved. Its fine if they charge 15-20$ for it but if not I can't see how this would sell beyond brand devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I mean its not an upgrade the style is slightly different but you have to squint to see what is improved. Its fine if they charge 15-20$ for it but if not I can't see how this would sell beyond brand devotion.
    It will cost 60$. Nintendo always takes highest possible price on 1st and 2nd party games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It will cost 60$. Nintendo always takes highest possible price on 1st and 2nd party games.
    I mean I am sure some people will enjoy it and good on them but for me I need to see a lot more work done on remakes for a new game price.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize from the very start I said "reworked the game to look like sword and shield", right?

That would include a completely different perspective of every zone to begin with. Strawmanning it down to just the player model isn't making your point and you can hardly call me completely wrong when you do that.

Why would it include a completely different perspective of every zone? Just because they use Sword and Shield art style doesn't mean they can't make the games top down... You seem to be making some weird assumptions here.

Also I didn't address your point about Demon's Souls because it's irrelevant. 1. I don't agree with those complaints. 2. Those people were upset because the design of some of the enemies were changed, not because they changed the art style. 3. Pokemon already changed the art style with the Ruby and Sapphire remakes and almost no one had an issue with it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Americans QQing about games costing $60 while the rest of the world pays significantly more for games because of exchange rates and taxes. BD2 cost $90 after tax in Canada so they can cry me a fucking river. If you think it's so bad to pay a whole $60 for a game, go live elsewhere in the world where people fork out more relative to their income, to buy games. All the more reason to be a cost conscious consumer as well.

Yeah it baffled me to see honestly. The original one kinda just looked like a fat knock off of Cthulhu in my opinion but eh.

thats not what they did with every single remake?
    I don't get the confusion here, but it's probably due to Poppin continuously pushing a point I never said. I said, and I quote-
    Vaguely being able to make out ANY character models isn't better. It's fine to prefer the old style, but objectively speaking, being able to actually make out individual details is better than being a blob.

If they reworked the game to look like Sword and Shield, you'd still have complaints.
    Nowhere did I say anything about art style itself. I was talking about the game overall. If they took the exact formula of Sw/Sh and slapped it onto D/P, people would rage.

They would call it "unfaithful", that it "ruins the experience", and every other complaint they could think of.

Why would it include a completely different perspective of every zone? Just because they use Sword and Shield art style doesn't mean they can't make the games top down... You seem to be making some weird assumptions here.

Also I didn't address your point about Demon's Souls because it's irrelevant. 1. I don't agree with those complaints. 2. Those people were upset because the design of some of the enemies were changed, not because they changed the art style. 3. Pokemon already changed the art style with the Ruby and Sapphire remakes and almost no one had an issue with it.
    Again, I repeat, Never did I say art style.

YOU were the one who brought up the art style alone. I said Sw/Sh in general. Hence, a strawman on your point because you completely misrepresented what I said by narrowing it down to art style alone. The weird assumptions are on your end, and I do wish you'd stop pushing the art style angle because again, I never said art style and this did start from my post towards another user so it's a bit weird to keep pushing a point that I never said originally.

Second off, to show how people complain about remakes while talking about remakes is extremely relevant, and it doesn't matter if you do or don't agree with it. The point is if they deviated far too much from the style of the originals, people would be upset still. Maybe it wouldn't be the people in this thread, but there still WOULD be people upset. So they chose to cater to the people who would rather it retain the original style overall, and that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you say Jester, I don't see any point arguing this any further. The only thing that will change my mind on these games is if the Pokemon Company releases new information. If you are truly fine with these games, then I wish you had higher standards, but I'm glad you're excited at least.

Whatever you say Jester, I don't see any point arguing this any further. The only thing that will change my mind on these games is if the Pokemon Company releases new information. If you are truly fine with these games, then I wish you had higher standards, but I'm glad you're excited at least.
    I'm going to get one personally just because they're at least going to be relatively fun as far as video games go without being an extreme time sink game, and to enjoy talking with friends about it. Not like I'm bouncing with joy, I would have rather Let's Go Johto, not really excited for D/P.
    nor did I say I was. :l

It's going to sell millions at $60. lol @ $15-20. Some people are so divorced from reality, you do realize that no mainline pokemon game or remake has ever sold below 12 million units? In what world would they sell it to you for $15 because you said it's worth that? lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-01 at 04:21 AM.

It's going to sell millions at $60. lol @ $15-20. Some people are so divorced from reality, you do realize that no mainline pokemon game or remake has ever sold below 12 million units? In what world would they sell it to you for $15 because you said it's worth that? lol.
    In the world where I can just use a code injector and play it for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the confusion here, but it's probably due to Poppin continuously pushing a point I never said. I said, and I quote-

Nowhere did I say anything about art style itself. I was talking about the game overall. If they took the exact formula of Sw/Sh and slapped it onto D/P, people would rage.

They would call it "unfaithful", that it "ruins the experience", and every other complaint they could think of.
    but they literally did that with every remake, firered and leaf green took the formula of ruby and sapphire, HG/SS took the formula of D/P/P and ORAS took the formula of sun/moon, and i don't see a single soul saying it was "unfaithful and "ruins the experience", it actually improved in almost every single way, the remakes are by far the most beloved gamed out there.

- - - Updated - - -

you are comparing a ds game to a switch game

every single remake improved the graphics, they didn't took the old ones and just put in high pixels, it is a downgrade to what it was expected, since like the other remakes were expected in the same lv of the current games Sword and shield.
    you said it would be changes, therefore not being faithful

they paid other people to do a half-asset game, so they don't have to do much and sell it saying they are trying to be "faithful"

Every single remake had new content to do and post elite four shenanigans, Lets see if they will at least do that or just be "faithful" and do nothing new.

In the world where I can just use a code injector and play it for free.
    And why would Nintendo pick the price based on people playing it an illegal way?

but they literally did that with every remake, firered and leaf green took the formula of ruby and sapphire, HG/SS took the formula of D/P/P and ORAS took the formula of sun/moon, and i don't see a single soul saying it was "unfaithful and "ruins the experience", it actually improved in almost every single way, the remakes are by far the most beloved gamed out there.
    I'm not sure how many times I can repeat this without feeling like it's pointless.

I am not talking about JUST the style.

I'm talking about reworking entire areas just so they would fit in a 3D perspective instead of a birds eye view. I'm talking about having pokemon more in line with Sword and Shield in general, as an entirety. Because that would be what's considered "up to standard", hell if the entire game was more like the Wild Area from Sword/Shield.

And you know what people would do? Hate on it.

You can keep parroting "But the old remakes..." but that fails to acknowledge that besides OR/AS, the rest were all still basically pixels at that point and it's not even really worth pointing out that "It was done with the modern standard" because it wasn't that drastic of a change from the original anyway at that point. Crisper pixel art, more colors, but at the heart of it, not that drastically different.

It's not on the level of the jump from the original games to Let's Go, which is more like what this jump is at this point. Could they have went more with a Let's Go look even, sure. But again, there would be people mad that it didn't keep the original ratio of the game.

And why would Nintendo pick the price based on people playing it an illegal way?

I'm not sure how many times I can repeat this without feeling like it's pointless.

I am not talking about JUST the style.

I'm talking about reworking entire areas just so they would fit in a 3D perspective instead of a birds eye view. I'm talking about having pokemon more in line with Sword and Shield in general, as an entirety. Because that would be what's considered "up to standard", hell if the entire game was more like the Wild Area from Sword/Shield.

And you know what people would do? Hate on it.

You can keep parroting "But the old remakes..." but that fails to acknowledge that besides OR/AS, the rest were all still basically pixels at that point and it's not even really worth pointing out that "It was done with the modern standard" because it wasn't that drastic of a change from the original anyway at that point. Crisper pixel art, more colors, but at the heart of it, not that drastically different.

It's not on the level of the jump from the original games to Let's Go, which is more like what this jump is at this point. Could they have went more with a Let's Go look even, sure. But again, there would be people mad that it didn't keep the original ratio of the game.
    More then fair. I guess a lot of this is also my own buyers remorse with the switch while I enjoy the games I do have for it overall it really does feel like its the last console I will be buying. There just is such a drought of new games I want to play on it and such a push for remakes that it feels more like a emulator box to me then its own system.

I admit I was hoping for something on the level of a sword and shield remake level with the new features pushed into the old game.